Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

who was zodiac

theory91

well this is probably a post thats been asked over and over again, but im new here and dont feel like searching around. so im gonna say who i think it was. . .if anyone has seen the episode of "perfect crimes?" with the zodiac killer. you will learn the name of the guy who deciphered the code . . i dont remeber it. but im pretty sure it was him. think about it, some random school teacher is able to decipher something in a weekend that grad students who study codes cant solve in weeks? plus zodiac liked to fool with the cops. nothing would fool with them more than actually revealing yourself to them with the decipher. . .so yeah, i think it was that guy.

Jack Tarrance is my guess, but it seems the fbi has cleared him. Out of the people who still remain, Lawrence Kane is my next best guess.

These are just guesses that reflect suspicious thoughts. In know way do I claim anyone can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this point.

Edited by eagleeye

well this is probably a post thats been asked over and over again, but im new here and dont feel like searching around. so im gonna say who i think it was. . .if anyone has seen the episode of "perfect crimes?" with the zodiac killer. you will learn the name of the guy who deciphered the code . . i dont remeber it. but im pretty sure it was him. think about it, some random school teacher is able to decipher something in a weekend that grad students who study codes cant solve in weeks? plus zodiac liked to fool with the cops. nothing would fool with them more than actually revealing yourself to them with the decipher. . .so yeah, i think it was that guy.

There were over 2000 potential suspects...boiling it down to one would take a lot of reading.

Zodiac is the modern version of Jack the Ripper. It's a mystery which will likely never be solved, unless there's a deathbed confession. That doesn't seem likely now.

Edited by graylady2

zodiac is wierd because at the end of the movie they found recordings that had him saying when everyone finds out about me i wounder whos going to play me :no:

i got afraid after he sead that but to actually hear the killers voice now that creepy :(

Edited by Angel Proof
  • Like 1

Well i've been reading about the Zodiac killer for quite some time now, and just the other day I came up with a theory to find him/her. So I did some reserch to support my theory and so far I feel pretty confident about my theory, but I still have loads of research to do about it. I was thinking... what if the zodiac killer worshiped Satan? I mean it is possible and I found a quote from the bible (on a site about Satan) that I feel is similar to a quote in one of the letters from the zodiac. Here it is: "Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43)" Where as the Zodiac said: "When I die I will be reborn in paradice and all the people I have killed will become my slaves". What do you think? Because I think what the Zodiac said might point towards something. I also have a feeling his sig. (cross in the circle) means something more than many think.

• Like 1

There were a few rumors it could have been the Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski), he was in and around the same area at that time and he looked like the composite sketch, I think I also saw this information on the History channel at one time when they were doing a special on killers. As for myself I don't really know who did it maybe it was Ted.

Edited by Ambrosia~Ismene

The thing is though, yes there are a list of suspects, but most believe that the killer has to be one of those suspects. For all we know, the killer could have grown up in California, then moved to another state, but still had plenty of knowledge of the area of the killings. What drives me crazy though, is the fact that the police saw the killer but did nothing because the description given was incorrectly heard. They had a chance to put away this killer after he killed the taxi driver, but they were told the person they were looking for was black. Anyway, I think they should look outside their list of suspects and more at the personality of the killer to narrow down the people. I can be easier to find him if the police looked deeper into the details infront of them. For example, why there were codes to crack, the zodiac's sign (circle with cross) and maybe the main topic within his letters (including the ones that had to be deciphered). Thankfully as technology improves, maybe the true identity can be discovered.

• 2 weeks later...
There were a few rumors it could have been the Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski), he was in and around the same area at that time and he looked like the composite sketch, I think I also saw this information on the History channel at one time when they were doing a special on killers. As for myself I don't really know who did it maybe it was Ted.

I think that theory only got popular because it grabs headlines. The Unabomber was a technophobe. He committed his crimes as if he was a kind of misguided environmental activist. The Zodiac was very different. Zodiac's crimes were very clearly sexually motivated - Killing young courting couples in lover's lane type locations etc. After he got so much publicity, his methodology changed. It wasn't sexually motivated anymore, he was thriving on the notoriety - so he was content to send letters rather than kill. So you see, the two criminals were totally different. I really don't believe the same person would commit both sets of crimes.

• 1 month later...

look up Phillip Arthur Thompson currently on trial for the murder of Betty Cloer in California.

Yup.That was what i was saying in this thread: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...p;#entry1966072

I always thought it had to be Arthur Allen. There was so much circumstantial evidence against him that I felt like it outweighed the fact that the handwriting wasn't exactly the same. I dunno if the movie took a creative license or not, but was the handwriting expert for the Zodiac case really an alcoholic?

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

zodiac is wierd because at the end of the movie they found recordings that had him saying when everyone finds out about me i wounder whos going to play me no.gif

i got afraid after he sead that but to actually hear the killers voice now that creepy sad.gif

Was it the actual killer's voice? Or an actor's "portrayal" of the event? If it was real, I don't know that they would release it; it might be valuable evidence in the event of an arrest. But very interesting all the same!

zodiac is wierd because at the end of the movie they found recordings that had him saying when everyone finds out about me i wounder whos going to play me style_emoticons/default/no.gif

i got afraid after he sead that but to actually hear the killers voice now that creepy style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

every part of me wants to believe Arthur Leigh Allen did it , but the evidence clears him..

i aggree , the phone call from zodiac is creepy as hell! " goood .....bye" SHUDDERS

On July 5, 1969, at 12:40 a.m., a man phoned the Vallejo Police Department to report and claim responsibility for the attack. The caller also took credit for the murders of Jensen and Faraday six-and-a-half months earlier. The police traced the call to a phone booth at a gas station at Springs Road and Tuolumne, about three-tenths of a mile from Ferrin's home and only a few blocks from the Vallejo Police Department.[12]

Ferrin was pronounced dead at the hospital. Mageau survived the attack despite being shot in the face, neck and chest.

The caller spoke in a low, monotone voice, as if he were reading from a prepared script. "I want to report a murder. If you will go one mile east on Columbus Parkway you will find kids in a brown car. They were shot with a nine millimeter Luger. I also killed those kids last year. Goodbye." Investigators from Vallejo and Benicia realized that they were searching for the same killer and worked to develop possible suspects. The bold and sinister phone call raised fears that the gunman would strike again.

Edited by CuriousLittleOne