Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Chang Debunked

SteveLove

I am a man of science and when I first saw this I tried to debunk it, but I couldn't so I began searching for a scientific explanation..

1. If you watch John Chang you'll realize he is able to shock on just will power and demand. Ruling out the battery.

2. This Bio-electromagnetic force has been observed all over the world, it is real and studied by science, in fact brain waves are a type of Bio-electromagnetic force.

3. Here is a video of Asians born with this bio-electromagnetic force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxtlC4VBY7k&feature=share

So I highly doubt he i bsing, I study neurology and theoretically it is possible to channel that force in the person's favor. There have been numerous cases of people being able to control neurotransmitters in their body by simply willing it through hypnosis or other means. Dopamine, non-epinephrine, epinephrine, serotonin, GABA, histamines are all controlled by our brain.

• Like 1

Well. Lets see. Darkbreed never did do a test of any sort.

Not unusual. Just the same ole same ole.

Still waiting. :tu:

• 1 year later...

I'm posting here because I just googled John Chang and got this thread as the first hit. I was looking for any updates on John Chang. I've read this thread before but didn't feel the need to respond. Since it came up first on google I figure I better chime in.

I finished my masters degree at the U of MInnesota in 2000 by training in how to create electromagnetic energy in my body -- I trained with a real internationally certified qigong master named Chunyi Lin.

John Chang is considered a qigong master -- a term that is broad as the word qigong was coined by the Communists for a type of training that is ancient in Asia but can be traced back to the original human culture in Africa, the Khoisan Bushmen going back to 100,000 BCE.

Yeah so this is a lineage and area of study -- as was mentioned -- that science calls bioelectromagnetics but that's just one term. Quantum biology is a new field that best explains this topic in terms of science.

I've written a lot on this -- there are various scientists investigating qigong but it's basically the same training as yoga or alchemy in Asia.

O.K. so first of all -- any of you so-called "skeptics" -- you need to do background research on this topic.

A great background book is "Qigong Fever" by Dr. David Palmer. It's an academic text that gives the history of China's training in paranormal bioelectromagnetic energy.

So John Chang can be considered part of that lineage.

Now if a person wants to find out if this stuff is real -- specifically if John Chang is real -- then first of all consider if others have investigated him. There is a qigong forum called http://thetaobums.com which has featured several students of John Chang -- direct students who can testify that John Chang's abilities are real. Here's an interview with one of John Chang's students

Now then we consider -- are there similarities to John Chang? Because if John Chang is real - and he is - then there should be others who can do the same.

Sure enough -- I can provide you with that information.

Then, he said he wanted to make another demonstration. He grasped a piece of paper from the table, newspaper. He put it in his hand and just stared at it. Within one or two minutes, smoke came out and then, Voom! Fire. I just said, "Wow."

After my first master's meditations, my back pain completely went away but I still had two bone spurs on my spine. So, I asked Master Yau if he could do some thing for my back. He said, "Oh, yes." He used two fingers to touch my back. Within one or two minutes, his fingers felt like two burning hot iron stakes. Very, very hot. Oh, you just don't know the sensation. It was like fire burning there. Later, when I got home I found two fingerprints on my back where he touched me.

To tell the truth, I also wanted to test Master Yau to see whether the burning paper was real or not. Many people called themselves Qigong masters but they were fakes. They would make demonstrations like that but put some sort of chemical on the paper and hold it in the sun and it would burst into flames. Like a magician's trick. So, I still did not trust him completely. But, after he touched me with his two fingers, and the bone spurs completely disappeared, I totally believed in him and told him I wanted to have him teach me.

http://www.nineharmo...fes-tumors.html

So that's testimony of the same ability -- to light things on fire -- using the qi energy -- from a teacher that I personally trained with -- Chunyi Lin of http://springforestqigong.com

So the skeptics use bad methodology -- they state -- well this can be faked -- so it must be fake.

That obviously is not good logic.

O.K. so we've now established that

1) Others have directly verified John Chang is the real deal.

2) Other qigong masters have this same ability as John Chang.

Now the question remains -- how is this ability possible based on western science.

In this regard a person truly interesting in investigating this can take the anthropological approach of interactive research.

As I stated I did this to finish my masters degree and I confirmed it is real. I won't give all the details - -but it was not only amazing - the electromagnetic fields were very strong! But also it opened up the same spiritual reality of ghosts, etc. that John Chang interacts with. I saw ghosts directly and this was confirmed to me by qigong master Chunyi Lin.

O.K. so if you do the training - -- some anthropologists have done similarly.

Anyway the training is very strict and difficult to do at an advanced level but the results are permanent mind-body transformation. What's called an "enlightenment experience."

O.K. so then the question is how is this explained rationally in terms of Western science. Quantum biology provides the best answer as I described before. Read this interview with quantum biologist Dr. Mae-Wan Ho.

http://www.i-sis.org...JazzBiology.php

If you want to learn the traditional training -- a great how-to book is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- it's online free as scribd or pdf downloads, etc.

http://www.scribd.co...and-Immortality

http://www.mediafire.com/?1owotofjjzr

O.K. so there are specific steps to the training - they still remain fairly unknown in the West due to our materialistic bias and also due to the Westernization of the rest of human cultures -- these abilities are vanishing.

I did first encounter another real qigong master who blew the fuse in the room behind us at her University demonstration -- Dr. Effie P. Chow. She lives in San Francisco. So people can go check her out. [media=]

[/media]

Another real qigong master is Master Zhang who comes to the U.S. sometimes http://qigongmaster.com

Dr. Yan Xin is another amazing qigong master -- who has done Western medical research proving "external qi" healing.

The top medical research hospital just published "randomized controlled" research - that's gold standard research -- proving "external qi" healing of chronic pain for over five years.

So http://www.ncbi.nlm....0626055 That's the peer-reviewed published results.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

I've watched the video. I wish they had long continuous shots of him and even then I would still only believe it if I was there in person. How did he ignite the paper? Did he use the electric current from a device?

You ask how did he ignite the paper and so then you need to research how qigong works.

The question is do you want to know how qigong works? If you do sincerely then I can provide information.

But if people just want to dismiss information without investigating the context of the video then there's no point in force-feeding anyone.

At this point, one can even burn clothes merely by giving a look.

That is a quote from qigong master Yan Xin.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/10/maintaining-state-of-listening-but-not.html

• 4 months later...

Just to get my thinking straight on everything - the 'teachers' and 'masters' believe the money is evil and won't accept a challenge of their abilities or powers due to ego. Might I conclude if the same 'masters' and 'teachers' want to charge me for their teachings, they might be hypocrites? Would a true 'teacher' or 'master' want to spread their teachings and enlightenment for the betterment of all rather than making a profit from seekers looking for the path to this knowledge that they possess?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC7RT3QxFWk&feature=player_embedded

I'm happy to present more video evidence of pyrokinesis by qigong masters!!

This is Jiang Feng qigong master and he lights paper on fire with his finger - and does the same to humans -- leaving a burn mark....

Enjoy!

I have always been more impressed with this guy.

Edited by Seeker79

For anyone who doesn't know of the "great" martial artist with psychic power named John Chang, here is his video.

And here is the explanation.

On first viewing, Chang appears to be doing a few simple carnival tricks:

1. "Generating electricity" - this is normally done with the use of a small high-frequency, high-voltage, low-amperage device taped to the performer's body. James Randi mentions this device here, regarding others who have done this:

They scanned his body. The device would have been detached. You can see them scanning him in the video.

2. Catching a "rifle bullet" - what is shown is the firing of a very low-speed pellet that can pierce the wall of an empty soda can. Then, Chang puts his hand in front of the gun. He is in no danger, and there does not appear to be anything extraordinary about what he is doing.

His teacher told him that he is not allowed to show off - so if he is already doing a performance saying "I'm so cool" would be even worse, he remained humble for a reason.

3. Moving a knife - Chang carefully balances a knife on its sheath.

I watched the video many times, but I don't remember this. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying I don't remember.

Maybe they actually do use the metal detector on his back and feet to check for the device, but this is not shown.

Not true. You can watch it again to see for yourself, I'll put the video after I'm done quoting and responding.

5. "Chopstick through the table" - has anything ever looked more like a set-up magic trick? First, he takes them to his local restaurant. Then he can't make the "chi" work on Formica, so he needs to use the bottom of the table. This trick requires nothing more than a cheap table with a seam in the wood.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8888

Everything said was just opinions based on disbelief and assumptions, nothing here proving anything; besides what they said was not true. They did scan his body.

Link to the video, whoever is making these false statements, they are free to watch again and they'll notice a few things:

1) The man didn't want to be on camera in the first place because his teacher said do not do these things for attention; so, if these things are natural to him, then it makes sense that he wouldn't be able to take pride in them.

2) They did scan his body. A metal dettector was used. Any device would have been found.

3) The interviewers seemed to be authentic, they didn't even believe it so they want to look for him with cameras thinking that they can "expose" him. They even brought a few of their skeptic friends on camera to expose him and they couldn't.

• Like 1

QUOTE (SteveLove @ Jan 14 2008, 07:11 PM)

Why must all these "psychics" suggest I try it myself, when I tried for 7 1/2 years?Seems to me like another way to dodge the bullet.

Ohh, I don't know. Perhaps because first hand experience is infinitely better and allows for more of an increase in your conscious' development, rather than experiencing these things vicariously?

Or, perhaps because those that are '''psychic''' believe everyone can do it, and so if you try you too can do it.

Not everyone knows of your past and if you've tried any of this for any number of years. So when they suggest doing it yourself, that IS a valid and logical suggestion.

-Akaebeel

To be honest, while I am a firm believer in psychic abilities, the "why don't you try it yourself" argument is in many ways faulty; If person A says to person B that they (Person A) can do something paranormal and if Person B asks for some sort of evidence, it is only logical that Person A try to provide said evidence. It makes no sense to say, "You want proof? Try it yourself and you'll see!"

Negatory

If THEY are the one making the claims, then THEY are the one who should back up these claims. And if THEY truly possess such abilities, it should be no problem for THEM to try and show me what THEY have. It is not MY job to prove THEIR claims for them. The burden of proof lies with the claimant, not the inquirer.

I saw the video him starting a fire with his hand all fake

I have personal experience training in qigong - I finished my masters degree at the U of MN doing the training with qigong master Chunyi Lin who had his external qi proven by the U of MN and Mayo clinic doctors doing peer reviewed randomized controlled research. The lead researcher, dr. Ann Vincent, said the external qi healing was "especially impressive."

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com has my new podcast with a qigong master.

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. there's a new website set up for Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance

http://jimnancexperience.wordpress.com

I did these podcasts with him.

Yeah if anyone wants to experience the real qi energy then just call 952-593-5555 to make a phone healing appointment.

I've had several people on http://thetaobums.com take me up on this and all of them experienced amazing energy in their third eye and healing and Jim Nance also read their energy blockages very accurately - surprising them. One person was getting a healing for anxiety and they got a bliss blast in their heart that made them laugh and laugh - lasting all week - their confidence shot up and they interviewed for a new job and got it.

• 1 month later...
I'm posting here because I just googled John Chang and got this thread as the first hit. I was looking for any updates on John Chang. I've read this thread before but didn't feel the need to respond. Since it came up first on google I figure I better chime in.

Great thread. I read the whole thing. But i can say that i feel he is the real deal. After all he didn't want to be on camera in the first place, plus even after he heard about them showing the film in public he broke all communication with the film crew for 20 years. Someone who is a fraud wouldn't do that. It's kinda unfortunate for him that the video went viral on Youtube because now there are threads like this on the internet that will doubt and ridicule his abilities.

Qigong Master Effie Chow is another real master!

She is well-known and well-recognized - as a master healer.

She heals late-term cancer and much more!

She was the first qigong master I experienced in 1995.

I was so skeptical - I called the contact number on the flyer and I asked for my admission to be reduced - she cut it in half to $10.

I felt strong qi as she filled the room with qi and she had us make "qi balls" - electromagnetic force pushing my hands apart!

Then when everyone was leaving a security guard from the University wandered in, she asked what was going on in our room as the fuse in the room behind Effie Chow - -that fuse had been blown! haha.

I even went to SF in 1996 to find out more about Effie Chow but I couldn't afford any classes or had time, etc. just hung out with my friend instead and went to the new public library to look for qigong books.

Anyway....

These qigong masters all work on the same principles and this training originates from the original human culture - the Bushmen Khoisan as Dr. Bradford Keeney details in his book "Ropes To God: Experiencing the Bushmen Spiritual Universe" - and his other books.

My blog has more details http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

It is incredibly ignorant to call skeptics close minded. You are the ones who believe in this stuff, you have to prove it. Failure to do so will lead to more mockery. As a skeptic, i am completely open to all logical arguments backed up with evidence. If you fail to provide it however, i'm not interested.

I also find it contemptible to claim these so-called psychics don't want to prove themselves to Mr.Randi's experiment because money doesn't allure them. Why not simply prove it for free, if that's the case (Although that very claim is itself arguable, many of these people charge extortionate prices for their 'services'). If being aware of this spirituality means that they are completely selfish and indifferent to the suffering of others, then i suppose it's okay to keep it to themselves. If not, share it to the world, help more people learn to heal others. how can you claim to be a morally good person, while keeping potentially mass life saving secrets to yourself? Unthinkable. The claim the previous poster made, of the qi gong master healing late term cancer is especially disgusting. She can cure the worlds biggest killer, cancer, but keeps it to herself. Absolutely immoral and callous.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Most western skeptics are quite ignorant of eastern culture and the values behind many different practices.

In the same notion that someone keeps something helpful to humanity, is the same manner that the west keeps technology behind closed doors that could help humanity. The rest of the world should be insulted by western skeptics. Especially China.

Western skeptics and mainstream western scientists have yet to realize Western science is partially incorrect in its materialist philosophy. The west will not acknowledge vitalism in the mainstream (which would explain lots of this) because there's more money, greed, and selfishness in only acknowledging the materialist perspective in science. This is the only problem here for most skeptics and western scientists - you are indeed closed minded to the rest of the world, their culture and science.

This is shameful and reflective of western desperation that I refuse to be a part of. Skeptics relying on materialist science are a laughing stock and backwards to the rest of the developed world. We have to certainly realize that western skeptics are being taken along for a ride by people who stand to gain lots of money from only adhering to the materialist philosophy. Just take a look around at the horribly corrupt pharmaceutical industry and healthcare industry of the west. These guys have enough money to have skeptics on the payroll. HMMMMMMM.

ANYWAYS. I would also like to mention that the ignorance in western based skepticism (you egotistical wads didn't even care to be skeptics from any other scientific perspective) emanates downfalls of empires. This close minded behavior, where you only see things from one ideological perspective is simply inferior. To be quite honest, it's stupid.

ALWAYS remember western science is just a theory, its not a fact. Skeptics, don't act like theories are facts. These things change, and western science is quite dated. If you only see theory from certain ideological perspectives, you're severely limiting your scope of understanding and retarding the human race. This is insulting and by far most skeptics are basing their findings from this materialist perspective.

Plus skeptics come off as pretty racist when it comes to skepticism aimed at other cultures. This is embarrassing to the west; the subconscious racism, the incapability to progress archaic science, the docile acceptance of imposed ideology. This makes the west look weak, stupid, and incapable. I would watch it, if I were you guys. That's all I came here to say. Goodbye.

Edited by BetterScience

I have read an enormous number of posts where people claim that John Chang has real powers, that other mystical energies are real ... and the list goes on and on, along with the claims, WHY don't any of these 'powers' ever get tested out in serious, legitimate manners? Why don't these people take James Randi's one million dollars? Why don't these people go to any large well known university, and have their 'powers' tested by reputable scientists? Why don't these people go to large TV networks and put their 'powers' on display to a wider audience? I've been reading about amazing 'powers' for many years, but I've yet to see any of them put through serious testing. I would love for some of these 'powers' to be real, and I would love to have some of them, but all I see is a lot of arguing between skeptics and believers ... with no endgame, no resolution. Isn't it time for some of these claims to be proven or disproven, once and for all?????

• 6 months later...

I have read an enormous number of posts where people claim that John Chang has real powers, that other mystical energies are real ... and the list goes on and on, along with the claims, WHY don't any of these 'powers' ever get tested out in serious, legitimate manners? Why don't these people take James Randi's one million dollars? Why don't these people go to any large well known university, and have their 'powers' tested by reputable scientists? Why don't these people go to large TV networks and put their 'powers' on display to a wider audience? I've been reading about amazing 'powers' for many years, but I've yet to see any of them put through serious testing. I would love for some of these 'powers' to be real, and I would love to have some of them, but all I see is a lot of arguing between skeptics and believers ... with no endgame, no resolution. Isn't it time for some of these claims to be proven or disproven, once and for all?????

I have come from TheTaoBums forum and registered on this forum just to post this once.

I havent read all the posts here and I wont. I will just answer the last post.

First question John Chang was tested in a serious and legitimate manner, they couldn't explain it.

Second question John Chang was a multimillionaire businessman and doesnt need James Randis money.

Third question John Chang just wants to be left alone by the west.

Fourth question, have you thought of the consequences for the individual who would do this? They would be locked up and treated like a lab rat...yes I know x-men.

Believe me John Chang is no fake, he is real...

The west just does not want to understand the east...

Hahaha,

Timonthy and other skeptics,

Believe what you will, it is up to each individual to search for him/her self to the answers to their questions.

Funny we live in the same place Tim...

Peace

FT

Edited by Formless Tao

I have come from TheTaoBums forum and registered on this forum just to post this once.

Welcome to UM.

I hope you didn't just come here to post on a thread in reply to a user who posted once on 4th November'13 and has not been active since and then leave and expect us to believe you? If you can't argue your claims and just run back to your forum then you really have no place here... I'd love to believe but need more than wild claims with no proof - I think most are the same.

• Like 1

Please do not pull the old "the west doesn't want to understand us" routine. Garbage is garbage no matter where it comes from

This man has been debunked many times and it would not matter if he was Chinese, Korean, German or American..nonsense is nonsense.

Also, if this Chang guy wanted to be left alone then why did he post videos? I have watched American people perform the same tricks and they were debunked just like Mr. Chang was. Seeing is never synonymous with accepting.

Oh and by the way:

ALWAYS remember western science is just a theory, its not a fact.

Just a reminder, science is a field of study, not a singular theory and while all findings are gradually refined, it DOES study reality and put its results into the light of logic and rationality i.e FACTS

Second question John Chang was a multimillionaire businessman and doesnt need James Randis money.

He wouldn`t get the money anyway but the test results would endanger his business model and may reduce

his income much more that the 1M.

No problem, we also still have some Uri Gellers here.

The existence of JC was never taken into question.

• 3 weeks later...

First question John Chang was tested in a serious and legitimate manner, they couldn't explain it.

Fourth question, have you thought of the consequences for the individual who would do this? They would be locked up and treated like a lab rat...yes I know x-men.

Hahaha,

Believe what you will, it is up to each individual to search for him/her self to the answers to their questions.

Peace

FT

Yes, he wants to be alone so he can run his scam in peace. He and many others run mystical con games, bilking people out of money in exchange for dubious treatments. This is especially bad if the person foregoes REAL medical care in lieu of this chicanery. People like Chang are the lowest form of scum this planet has to offer.

Edited by sinewave

• 3 months later...

You die hard , closed minded "skeptics" are becoming funnier to me everyday.

I used to be more prone to that .. but after actually studying science itself, and going through a very self reflective phase..

I now am in a fortunate position in which i can see clearly.

Quantum physics....:

Every single particle that comprises life on earth and our bodies has the potential to entangle with any other.

With your probable lack of belief in a soul..

You are left with this:

Your will itself is composed and functions through alignments of particles.. not only that .. every single part of you does too... this includes dreams and emotions ..

to say no to this pushes you to the realm of having to concede to soul like notions.

Every tiny particle has the absolute certain potential to "entangle".

You skeptics are really only expressing your pessimism as to the potential of the human mind and body... you are literally just scoffing..

At this point. With the amazing facts of the particle wave duality, superposition and entanglement being available to the public and validated by the scientific community.. you are blatent igmoramus's. (Some of you)

The fact that your belief itself plays a huge psychological role in you ever finding the meaning of these things for yourselves ..... is universal comedic genius! Lmao

Hahaha,

Peace

FT

If any one wants to know ... go to the above referenced taobums site and see what goes on there about the Mo Pie ( / John Chang) debate.

All I will say is ..

My master is more powerful than yours !

Mwa ha ha ha har!

Mwa ha ha ha har!