Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal investigating ethic's

Mr Mehaha

How about the ethics of trespassing on someones land without permission just so you can investigate? When you do that, you ruin it for people who actually ask permission. The people who you trespass on take notice and stop letting people visit.

Ask permission!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Mehaha

• AngelXVI

• JackalnChainz

• RX-7

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the ethics of trespassing on someones land without permission just so you can investigate? When you do that, you ruin it for people who actually ask permission. The people who you trespass on take notice and stop letting people visit.

Ask permission!!

I agree... We have signs up all over ours and we still get trespassers.

So for the sake of science you are willing to make a soul/spirit suffer more????

For the sake of science, its theorized that spirits do not even know they are dead most of the time. With all due respect, "paranormal investigators" are to investigate said claims, not resolve said claims. If we were to resolve the claims we would be called, paranormal resolvers or something flakey. We are there to investigate for NOTHING is DEFINATE. If the investigation yields NOTHING toward a supposed haunting, who are we supposed to help? A mouse fart in the wind?

I agree with BigK' on the approach method. The initial investigation is the key, this is where you hit it hard. Follow up investigations if you have "these so called mediums" bring them along. I personally dislike the idea of mediums or this precious psychic that everyone raves about. They aren't highly regarded as everyone may think. I tried the whole medium thing with my last group, whenever she would bring something up the members within the group weren't pleased.

Put it this way, if you are a skeptic/believer, you may have had experiences which makes you somewhat a believer that there is something out there. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU BELIEVE IN EVERYTHING. So a person claims they can speak with the dead, see the dead, whatever else. You have never seen, nor experienced a person with such a gift and it appears to be a tad flakey. If you want to take what you do seriously, if you simply do not believe in it, DON'T INCLUDE IT.

It's whatever you feel comfortable with. However if you don't investigate for yourself, how can you say what is needed and what isn't?

Edited by __419__

I actaully "felt" these things, wrote down my feelings, and later saw or heard something at the same time to back up my feelings. So, when these so called "phychics" or "sensitives" tell me they feel things on investigations, and I feel nothing, and there ends up being no evidence whatsoever t back up their feelings, it just causes more problems. I've seen clients start to panic when these people claim to have these feelings. I've seen the investigators want to pack up and leave, or worse, concentrate all their efforts to one spot in a house, where there is nothing going on.

Spritual means of investigating should be used as a backup, or secondary means on investigating. It is not a proper way to do an initial investigation.

yeah i agree write down your feelings, no need for someone going around saying stuff scaring the crap out of people.

Ask permission!!

i have never trespassed in any investigation i have been on. as a matter of fact im waiting for permission to do a investigation on a historic home up in NH

this summer. it is a historic family owned home where three generations of the family members committed suicide. i have talked to the care taker of the grounds and got lots of good info on the place and I'm waiting to speak with the owner now. the best part is no one has investigated this place before. I'm going to pop the cherry on this bad boy!

yeah i agree write down your feelings, no need for someone going around saying stuff scaring the crap out of people.

i have never trespassed in any investigation i have been on. as a matter of fact im waiting for permission to do a investigation on a historic home up in NH

this summer. it is a historic family owned home where three generations of the family members committed suicide. i have talked to the care taker of the grounds and got lots of good info on the place and I'm waiting to speak with the owner now. the best part is no one has investigated this place before. I'm going to pop the cherry on this bad boy!

Hope you catch something... there is nothing like experiencing it for yourself!!!

my reasoning is, in a scientific investigation you really should use proven scientific methods to to gather valid evidents to bring validity to the paranormal research field. after all i think what all paranormal researcher are striving for is the validation of the field.

and in order to do that, we should use these mediums, as a means to help us contact these entities... so we don't stumble around in dead ends looking in the wrong places!

For some reason with ghosts, publicity is something they tend to avoid, and I don't really blame them ;)

It's not surprising therefore to find that a large number of cases where evidence gathered from hauntings was done with the help of psychics/mediums, who were able to guide the PI team on where to take pictures, and conduct measurements etc.

and in order to do that, we should use these mediums, as a means to help us contact these entities... so we don't stumble around in dead ends looking in the wrong places!

For some reason with ghosts, publicity is something they tend to avoid, and I don't really blame them ;)

It's not surprising therefore to find that a large number of cases where evidence gathered from hauntings was done with the help of psychics/mediums, who were able to guide the PI team on where to take pictures, and conduct measurements etc.

I agree, especially if you have an itelligent ghost they can be very elusive when they want to be.

Imo paranormal investigators and mediums are two totally different things . out looking to achieve totally different things for them to be working together to me is like chalk and cheese.

Not because one is looking for scientific evidence and the other isn't. But because they have different ideas and diffeent goals , IMo paranormal investigators are looking for evidence evp/photograph wise of a haunting to make sure there is one in the first place etc . Mediums would be more inclined to help the family understand why the spirit was present make them feel comfortable with that presence and communicate to the spirit that it isnt needed to stay there any longer . if necessary .

Which is why i dont think its beneficial for them to be working together . One can actually hinder the other IMO Many people are bias on this no matter if they will admit it or not . If your an investigator yours is the right way if your a medium yours is right .

But only one person can say which is right for the individual situation and that is those who are requesting help .they will decide what they want too do about their particular situation . If they arent sure they have a haunting then my advice would be a PI team. first and foremost to establish exactly whats going on and what type of haunting they are dealing with if any ie . if its residual /or spirit . after that then its again up too the owner which route they want to take next . wether they wish to just leave it at that and live with it or if they wish to have their house blessed . or bring a medium in to cross spirit over <---- i really hate that term BTW but have used it for clarity .

However if they (the owner ) are certain as they have seen the spirit already and know full well they have a haunting then there really is no need IMO for a PI team to go in there unless the owner wants some concrete proof in the way of footage or evps .because if they (PI team) dont see anything or capture anything . that homeowner who is convinced they saw an apparition isnt going to buy that anyway no matter what, so they might as well cut to the chase and get the experts (mediums) in.......... LMFAO just kidding . :P . So they then most likely to want someone who can just help right away in moving the spirit on . i dont think thats PIs a job.

I really dont see the need in people arguing over which is the best and which is the worst way of doing things . each individual case requires a different method . and there are good mediums and terrible mediums and the same goes for investigators . as we have seen with taps and paranormal state .two totally different styles .and in the end it comes down to what the homeowner wants . and what the goals of the investigation are . so it would all depend on the circumstances of the individual case . IMO IMO IMO IMO LOL

SS79.

Edited by SS79

Hope you catch something... there is nothing like experiencing it for yourself!!!

from what i have found out so fare it sounds like a real potability!

Imo paranormal investigators and mediums are two totally different things . out looking to achieve totally different things for them to be working together to me is like chalk and cheese.

Not because one is looking for scientific evidence and the other isn't. But because they have different ideas and diffeent goals , IMo paranormal investigators are looking for evidence evp/photograph wise of a haunting to make sure there is one in the first place etc . Mediums would be more inclined to help the family understand why the spirit was present make them feel comfortable with that presence and communicate to the spirit that it isnt needed to stay there any longer . if necessary .

Which is why i dont think its beneficial for them to be working together . One can actually hinder the other IMO Many people are bias on this no matter if they will admit it or not . If your an investigator yours is the right way if your a medium yours is right .

But only one person can say which is right for the individual situation and that is those who are requesting help .they will decide what they want too do about their particular situation . If they arent sure they have a haunting then my advice would be a PI team. first and foremost to establish exactly whats going on and what type of haunting they are dealing with if any ie . if its residual /or spirit . after that then its again up too the owner which route they want to take next . wether they wish to just leave it at that and live with it or if they wish to have their house blessed . or bring a medium in to cross spirit over <---- i really hate that term BTW but have used it for clarity .

However if they (the owner ) are certain as they have seen the spirit already and know full well they have a haunting then there really is no need IMO for a PI team to go in there unless the owner wants some concrete proof in the way of footage or evps .because if they (PI team) dont see anything or capture anything . that homeowner who is convinced they saw an apparition isnt going to buy that anyway no matter what, so they might as well cut to the chase and get the experts (mediums) in.......... LMFAO just kidding . :P . So they then most likely to want someone who can just help right away in moving the spirit on . i dont think thats PIs a job.

I really dont see the need in people arguing over which is the best and which is the worst way of doing things . each individual case requires a different method . and there are good mediums and terrible mediums and the same goes for investigators . as we have seen with taps and paranormal state .two totally different styles .and in the end it comes down to what the homeowner wants . and what the goals of the investigation are . so it would all depend on the circumstances of the individual case . IMO IMO IMO IMO LOL

SS79.

LOL I agree totally... :innocent:

i understand what your saying, but I'm sorry i cant agree with it. the two working together would raise to many questions about the evidence it self.

like if a Medium tell a PI where to take a really good pic and it is taken by a PI.... is it real or fake did the medium put some thing there or not? see what i mean, it gets messy. the same really could be said bout the PI too. but i guess you really just want to be as legit as possible.

Holy crap. I am trying very hard to obey the board's 'no insults' rule as I read the topic. This sounds like one of those bearded drunk guys in the city streets yelling "IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY THERE IS NO PROOF NOTHING IS REAL THEY'RE OUT TO GET YOU"

Just try to move along and not give them any attention.

I'm hoping it's not aspestos related :P

thats a real possibility tooooooooooo! good thinking ;)

Holy crap. I am trying very hard to obey the board's 'no insults' rule as I read the topic. This sounds like one of those bearded drunk guys in the city streets yelling "IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY THERE IS NO PROOF NOTHING IS REAL THEY'RE OUT TO GET YOU"

Just try to move along and not give them any attention.

What! lol... who are you talking to???

i understand what your saying, but I'm sorry i cant agree with it. the two working together would raise to many questions about the evidence it self.

like if a Medium tell a PI where to take a really good pic and it is taken by a PI.... is it real or fake did the medium put some thing there or not? see what i mean, it gets messy. the same really could be said bout the PI too. but i guess you really just want to be as legit as possible.

hmmm, not sure how the medium could fake a picture, but I guess you are right in that it's sometimes better if they work separately at different intervals and form their own opinions to get a more valuable conclusion...

hmmm, not sure how the medium could fake a picture, but I guess you are right in that it's sometimes better if they work separately at different intervals and form their own opinions to get a more valuable conclusion...

Its a case of you go one way I'll go the other.... I wonder which one will get more results :innocent:

If mediums or psychics claim to do what they can do, then I guess there would be no harm in bringing them along. After all, it would be much better to get them to point at the direction where they can feel the energy rather than you having to search for it. Better yet, why not get them to call out the ghost!? A number of haunting investigations have been successful this way...

I agree RX, and sure is better than provoking IMO..JN

Its a case of you go one way I'll go the other.... I wonder which one will get more results :innocent:

Well, judging by the paranormal investigators on here, I'd know which direction I'd have my money on :D

Edited by RX-7

here is another thing to add to my arsenal of equipment i will never ever EVER use on a investigation it's called Frank's box it uses white noise wow this thing sux!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T-wQZ7FU2Vc

http://paranormalinsider.com/2007/10/franks_box.php

Edited by versidus

I agree with SS79 too!!! :D

My incredibly intelligent and unbelievably professional investigative team (ME!!!! :lol: ) operates pretty close to the way Enjay's (ooops! 419's, sorry) team operates. I don't have as much equipment and I don't write out full reports for my clients (maybe I should). I do show them all evidence and give them copies of everything. I do research, research, research, but only after the investigation itself, so that I don't bias any of my members (Myself!!! :lol: ) I find out the history of the house/building and the land, that's the best part for me, because I love research and finding something, that coincides with something, that went on in the house/building/area while I was investigating.

I will have to find a new member soon, because my children are quickly tiring of listening to the recorder for EVP's. I'm afraid that they will miss something important out of complete boredom.

My investigative team (I!!! :lol: ) would not include a psychic/medium on any investigation. Not because I have anything against them personally, but because I think they could cloud what is really going on in the house/building/area with their own personal agenda.

I completely understand Angel's point of view and I agree that a spirit left here should be put at peace, if possible. I just don't think that it's necessary to have a psychic/medium to do it. Matter of fact, I know it's not.

Jackal, :rofl: Give them there profeshunals hell son!!!! You are the master! :nw:

well put Jennie! :tu:

You guys are so sweet! :wub::lol:

I'm starting my own site to put my investigations and stuff on, just to keep from clogging up this site with my own investigative stuff, I will come here and post the really good stuff, though, because this is home.

Edited by Jennie 1

oh another thing i don't do are out door investigation in the winter. i see this a lot someone takes a picture outdoors in the cold of winter and poof there is a ghost or ghostly fog in the pic wow! yeah maybe it's your breath in the pic or a hot pipe under the ground? who knows!?! Edited by versidus