Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal investigating ethic's

Mr Mehaha

I agree with SS79 too!!! :D

My incredibly intelligent and unbelievably professional investigative team (ME!!!! :lol: ) operates pretty close to the way Enjay's (ooops! 419's, sorry) team operates. I don't have as much equipment and I don't write out full reports for my clients (maybe I should). I do show them all evidence and give them copies of everything. I do research, research, research, but only after the investigation itself, so that I don't bias any of my members (Myself!!! :lol: ) I find out the history of the house/building and the land, that's the best part for me, because I love research and finding something, that coincides with something, that went on in the house/building/area while I was investigating.

I will have to find a new member soon, because my children are quickly tiring of listening to the recorder for EVP's. I'm afraid that they will miss something important out of complete boredom.

My investigative team (I!!! :lol: ) would not include a psychic/medium on any investigation. Not because I have anything against them personally, but because I think they could cloud what is really going on in the house/building/area with their own personal agenda.

I completely understand Angel's point of view and I agree that a spirit left here should be put at peace, if possible. I just don't think that it's necessary to have a psychic/medium to do it. Matter of fact, I know it's not.

Jackal, :rofl: Give them there profeshunals hell son!!!! You are the master! :nw:

I know they can, but sometimes they an be a little stubbern... I can make a 1000 horse, a 17 year old do what I tell them, but I can't get this bugger of a ghost I have to the light...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Mehaha

• AngelXVI

• JackalnChainz

• RX-7

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a member of a Paranormal Investigation group and I have a different take on a few of the things mentioned . My team does use EMF detectors and we have had some good results with it . Now first thing is you have to know how and when to use it . People say they pick up electro magnetic fields , which they do ! But you have to do a walk through to get your base readings in every room before you do the investigations , that way you can tell when it is a legitimate spike . EMF detectors are very useful , IF you use them properly .

As far as the phychic people go . We also have 2 phychics on our team and they DO NOT affect the investigations as people seem to think . First we split the psych team from the tech team , ( never in the house at the same time ) and we compare notes and data at the end of the investigations . Although they dont always get something , ours are dead on about 95 % of the time . So if you take a phychic with you separate them from everyone and compare your findings , just dont metion any details until the investigation is over .

Good thread this. I think we can learn a lot from other's viewpoints. I would like to state that my biggest pet peeve (ok one of them) of "ghost hunters" is the trespassing into so called abandoned buildings. I've mentioned this before, but I don't think I'll ever get through to people that trespassing in the name of "paranormal evidence" is the surest way to NOT gain respect in this already dodgy field. There are numerous reasons that this is a bad idea. Obviously, you could have squatters or people taking over residence in this building. (Never fear, there ARE ghost hunting teams that actually pack! As in guns! oh yes, makes the study even MORE safer - get an entire team into a dark house with weapons!). But since we don't get too much of that in Canada, the main reason for my disdain is this:

Potential bodily harm aside, these people may be walking into a home that is still owned by someone. At the very least it is probably going to be owned by the municipality however, it could be Bill and June's summer cottage that someone has decided looks "creepy" and thus has ghosts and decides to pull a B & E. There was one not too long ago where someone on UM admitted to breaking and entering Euclid house. Which is owned by the city, as far as I know. Not only did they trespass, they also perpetuated a probably false rumor of hauntings there. Pretty soon there will be other groups flocking to that house. Before we know it, things get damaged, then the rowdies come in and spray paint things and eventually it becomes a popular hang out for thrills and chills. I know this can happen as it happened to a heritage building AND quite a few cemeteries in my circle over here.

Rant over.:)

I am a member of a Paranormal Investigation group and I have a different take on a few of the things mentioned . My team does use EMF detectors and we have had some good results with it . Now first thing is you have to know how and when to use it . People say they pick up electro magnetic fields , which they do ! But you have to do a walk through to get your base readings in every room before you do the investigations , that way you can tell when it is a legitimate spike . EMF detectors are very useful , IF you use them properly .

I think you're running off a popular belief but one that I think is flawed. The only thing they are good for is picking up electromagnetic fields. Not ghosts. Even if you do the walk through to get the "base" reading, fluctuations in electrical currents will confuse as well. Even if the power is shut off to a building, there are still possible other fields leaking in, in pulses or waves. There is NO CONCLUSIVE evidence that ghosts cause EMF's. I'm not sure what you meant by legitimate spike, unless you are indicating that if you get a spike, it means there is a ghost present? If so, I can't concur with that either.

MHO MHO MHO MHO!!!

Edited by Hezzbelle

I know they can, but sometimes they an be a little stubbern... I can make a 1000 horse, a 17 year old do what I tell them, but I can't get this bugger of a ghost I have to the light...

Haah! I know exactly what you mean! Have you figured out why he's staying yet?

LOL Hi Jackal and Uncle..Loved it.. :tu:

thanks JN. I am glad to see that someone has a sense of humor in here. Some of these people should really lighten up. Life is short enough. Soon enough, there will be those with IQs' stuck in the double digits, fumbling about with their EMF detectors attempting to contact you in the beyond. It's no wonder we get ignored. lol. ~Jackal

You guys are so sweet! :wub::lol:

I'm starting my own site to put my investigations and stuff on, just to keep from clogging up this site with my own investigative stuff, I will come here and post the really good stuff, though, because this is home.

Pass me a link doll. I'll subscribe for sure. ~Jackal

thanks JN. I am glad to see that someone has a sense of humor in here. Some of these people should really lighten up. Life is short enough. Soon enough, there will be those with IQs' stuck in the double digits, fumbling about with their EMF detectors attempting to contact you in the beyond. It's no wonder we get ignored. lol. ~Jackal

(((Jackal))) LOL..You are too funny and at least you have humor as well. I totally agree, its not like their lives are on the line, in order to be correct on here? I just say what I want, when I want, cause its only a site for opinions..JN :su:st:sk

wow NJ, you are thorough on your investigations very cool man. whats you book called has it been published yet? ill buy a copy man. like i said on the rant thread i like to read other PI research in the field. i especially like the part above, i never though of that! good info... i have a lot of respect for you and your methods. but as for JackalnChainz i don't about him. those kind of methods are not really for scientific research. i mean it would be ok to do that kind of stuff in your own home but not on a scientific investigation!

You are rather gullible...no?

Well this all boils down to the case you are working on. If it is small like a cemetary or some other urban structure where you weren't necessarily called its a whole new playing field.

color]

A pardon me...has anyone seen this rascal anywhere about?

linked-image

I'd recognize you anywhere Enjay. lol. :yes: I trust you have remained awake on duty in my absence? Of course you have. Carry on. I'll be in the area all day. ;) ~Jackal

linked-image

You are rather gullible...no?

ohhh you where joking.. i sorry man i didn't get it. explain the joke to me again i swear ill laugh this time. :)

i know you where joking JackalnChainz i was trying to make a half ass attempted at a joke about people who really thing like that! lol now quit being a ball buster!

Edited by versidus

I think you're running off a popular belief but one that I think is flawed. The only thing they are good for is picking up electromagnetic fields. Not ghosts. Even if you do the walk through to get the "base" reading, fluctuations in electrical currents will confuse as well. Even if the power is shut off to a building, there are still possible other fields leaking in, in pulses or waves. There is NO CONCLUSIVE evidence that ghosts cause EMF's. I'm not sure what you meant by legitimate spike, unless you are indicating that if you get a spike, it means there is a ghost present? If so, I can't concur with that either.

MHO MHO MHO MHO!!!

I'm with you man. most things give off EM fields. making the reading inconclusive.

Edited by versidus

ohhh you where joking.. i sorry man i didn't get it. explain the joke to me again i swear ill laugh this time. :)

i know you where joking JackalnChainz i was trying to make a half ass attempted at a joke about people who really thing like that! lol now quit being a ball buster!

HHAhahahaa! :lol: Ok...my apologies! I hope you can appreciate what some of us have had to deal with in here! lol. I am sooo glad you are not an idiot, and sorry bout the balls. My profound apologies. (I didn't happen to leave my chili con queso in here did I?) :cry: ~Jackal

There's no conclusive proof of anything with the paranormal so that argument doesn't hold. You can say the same thing about tempurature, humidity, magnetism, radiation, ions, etc etc. And then where would you be? Left with nothing.

I 100% agree that an EMF meter is not a "ghost detector" inspite of how it is sometimes portrayed on TV and in movies. However, science is often done by the correlation of measurements. If paranormal activity is occuring in an area and there is unusual EMF readings in the same area w/o any clear or obvious artifical source, and if this measurement can be repeated during multiple investigations then logically it is safe to presume that unusual EMF readings are a symptom of paranormal activity. But like any other symptom there has to be additional evidence to support the conclusion. Unusual EMF by itself isn't good enough to support a claim of being haunted or even active.

QUOTE (Hezzbelle @ Jan 15 2008, 10:32 PM)

There's no conclusive proof of anything with the paranormal so that argument doesn't hold. You can say the same thing about tempurature, humidity, magnetism, radiation, ions, etc etc. And then where would you be? Left with nothing.

I 100% agree that an EMF meter is not a "ghost detector" inspite of how it is sometimes portrayed on TV and in movies. However, science is often done by the correlation of measurements. If paranormal activity is occuring in an area and there is unusual EMF readings in the same area w/o any clear or obvious artifical source, and if this measurement can be repeated during multiple investigations then logically it is safe to presume that unusual EMF readings are a symptom of paranormal activity. But like any other symptom there has to be additional evidence to support the conclusion. Unusual EMF by itself isn't good enough to support a claim of being haunted or even active.

There is much to be said for both of these arguments. ~Jackal

Edited by JackalnChainz

There is much to be said for both of these arguments. ~Jackal

Yes, I agree. Let's face it, the only CONCLUSIVE evidence someone could get at an investigation, is if they could get a ghost to come up, put there arm around someone, and smile pretty for the camera!! Or, sit down and have an actual interview on video!!

All the rest of the equipment(EMF, ION, Motion sensors, etc.) are simply used to try and help an investigator pinpoint the possible location of a spirit. Kind of like using a metal detector to find metal buried underground. It is in no way used as conclusive evidence, but rather used to lead us to what could possibly become conclusive evidence.

MasterPo I'm with you. We do not take any one piece of data in as an indication of a haunting on our investigations. You have to be logical and make correlations between data through different equipment. The EMF detector is just a tool, and you have to know how to use it in certain situations and read it.

point taken...

Yes, I agree. Let's face it, the only CONCLUSIVE evidence someone could get at an investigation, is if they could get a ghost to come up, put there arm around someone, and smile pretty for the camera!! Or, sit down and have an actual interview on video!!

All the rest of the equipment(EMF, ION, Motion sensors, etc.) are simply used to try and help an investigator pinpoint the possible location of a spirit. Kind of like using a metal detector to find metal buried underground. It is in no way used as conclusive evidence, but rather used to lead us to what could possibly become conclusive evidence.

and yes BIG i think that would be the ideal situation. what i am really looking for in a a hunting objects floating in midair thing moving in plane sight stuff i can document on video or photography.

I'm pretty anal about my EVP work to. a voice has to be really clear and i do video documenting to show no one ells is in the room talking during the EVP work. thats just me I'm wicked anal about research.

like if i take a pic and there is some thing weird in it ill show it to people but i never say "look a ghost or it's a orb!" ill say "I'm not sure but its creepy ooooooo"

HHAhahahaa! :lol: Ok...my apologies! I hope you can appreciate what some of us have had to deal with in here! lol. I am sooo glad you are not an idiot, and sorry bout the balls. My profound apologies. (I didn't happen to leave my chili con queso in here did I?) :cry: ~Jackal

and yes jack, and my balls are on ice now thank you... lol

point taken...

and yes BIG i think that would be the ideal situation. what i am really looking for in a a hunting objects floating in midair thing moving in plane sight stuff i can document on video or photography.

I'm pretty anal about my EVP work to. a voice has to be really clear and i do video documenting to show no one ells is in the room talking during the EVP work. thats just me I'm wicked anal about research.

like if i take a pic and there is some thing weird in it ill show it to people but i never say "look a ghost or it's a orb!" ill say "I'm not sure but its creepy ooooooo"

Yes, these are the things I look for also, but any sceptic in the world could look at a video of something moving or floating and immediately start looking for strings or magnets to explain it. It is stuff that we would consider evidence, because we were there and saw it. However, to anyone who is just watching a video of it, and was not there, they could dismiss it as fakery. It's compelling evidence, but not a hard conclusive piece of proof.

I am pretty anal about EVP work also. I've asked the group I work with repeatedly to make sure you stick very close to each other when doing EVP work, and to speak loudly and clearly. Otherwise, one of the investigators on the other side of the room could whisper something, and could be mistaken for a true EVP.

And true about pics too. Noone should ever claim to have a picture of a ghost, because they don't know for sure. They have a picture of something, but to automatically claim it a ghost is ridiculous, and that person would lose alot of credibility. And I discount orbs of any kind any more. Just too many explanations of what they could be that lies outside of the paranormal.

Yes, these are the things I look for also, but any sceptic in the world could look at a video of something moving or floating and immediately start looking for strings or magnets to explain it. It is stuff that we would consider evidence, because we were there and saw it. However, to anyone who is just watching a video of it, and was not there, they could dismiss it as fakery. It's compelling evidence, but not a hard conclusive piece of proof.

I am pretty anal about EVP work also. I've asked the group I work with repeatedly to make sure you stick very close to each other when doing EVP work, and to speak loudly and clearly. Otherwise, one of the investigators on the other side of the room could whisper something, and could be mistaken for a true EVP.

And true about pics too. Noone should ever claim to have a picture of a ghost, because they don't know for sure. They have a picture of something, but to automatically claim it a ghost is ridiculous, and that person would lose alot of credibility. And I discount orbs of any kind any more. Just too many explanations of what they could be that lies outside of the paranormal.

oh if i where to get stuff floating on tape i would hope it would happen again in front of professional scientist. it really is a tough field!

oh if i where to get stuff floating on tape i would hope it would happen again in front of professional scientist. it really is a tough field!

One that will never get resolved for at least a millenia :innocent:

One that will never get resolved for at least a millenia :innocent:

very true!:(