Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WORSHIP what you can see and feel

Beckys_Mom

Why don’t people worship what they CAN SEE and feel?

Example the SUN…you can see the SUN.. (it kina helps the credibility along lol) you can feel it

It helps the flowers plants and food to grow …it gives you light and heat

Why not worship it?? You never have to pray (saves so much time) it doesn’t judge you..nor does it have rules for you to live by..well use sun block apart from that nothing

What about worshiping the clouds that pour rain that give you water?? Oxygen anyone?

Trees??

You could add to the list lol

I just wondered why people on here never seem to say – I worship ie – the Sun

Weird but true

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• hairston630

• Sherapy

• =Jak=

Why don’t people worship what they CAN SEE and feel?

Example the SUN…you can see the SUN.. (it kina helps the credibility along lol) you can feel it

Why not worship it?? You never have to pray (saves so much time) it doesn’t judge you..nor does it have rules for you to live by..well use sun block apart from that nothing

What about worshiping the clouds that pour rain that give you water?? Oxygen anyone?

Trees??

Weird but true

Apparently the ancients prayed to the sun and even gave it a name, but I guess the unanswered prayer kinda fizzled out the fire LOL ;)

Correct me if im wrong but dont wiccans worship trees? No? (not trying to be offensive)

hairston

Apparently the ancients prayed to the sun and even gave it a name, but I guess the unanswered prayer kinda fizzled out the fire LOL ;)

Correct me if im wrong but dont wiccans worship trees? No? (not trying to be offensive)

hairston

but in my OP I did state - You don't NEED to pray to the SUN..WHY would anyone need to pray to the SUN?? it already gives you what you need to live..light..heat to grow your food ect..

WHY so many pray to God (most on Gods day off LMAO his rest day)..all asking God for this and that...and when God never answers their prayer...they say - Well it must be part of his divine plan..and does it stop them from praying to a God that never answered their prayers?? NO...

so if God really has had a devine plan...then what makes you think he is going to change it for you??So your point is what??

Edited by Beckys_Mom

but in my OP I did state - You don't NEED to pray to the SUN..WHY would anyone need to pray to the SUN?? it already gives you what you need to live..light..heat to grow your food ect..

WHY so many pray to God (most on Gods day off LMAO his rest day)..all asking God for this and that...and when God never answers their prayer...they say - Well it must be part of his divine plan..and does it stop them from praying to a God that never answered their prayers?? NO...

so if God really has had a devine plan...then what makes you think he is going to change it for you??So your point is what??

I dont think he'll change it for me, nor anyone else.

Hairston

Edited by hairston630

I dont think he'll change it for me, nor anyone else.

Hairston

No but see it wouldnt stop you from praying regardless ..

Anyone that prayed to the sun was off their rocker too...both arent going to give a real reply one requires you to worship the other doesnt

I worship the sun...I dont pray to it...I just love it...I would follow it LMAO...who doesnt like the sun?? How can one deny its existance??

hey you could look at it like a religion...its the real God..but man has created FALSE versions of this God..they are called sun lamps tanning beds LMAO ha ha :rofl:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

No but see it wouldnt stop you from praying regardless ..

Anyone that prayed to the sun was off their rocker too...both arent going to give a real reply one requires you to worship the other doesnt

I worship the sun...I dont pray to it...I just love it...I would follow it LMAO...who doesnt like the sun?? How can one deny its existance??

hey you could look at it like a religion...its the real God..but man has created FALSE versions of this God..they are called sun lamps tanning beds LMAO ha ha :rofl:

TANNING BEDS!! :w00t:. O how great thou art o flourescent light tube of glory and splendor. I pray thee would release thy glory and darkeneth my skin. OK Im getting carried away.

Hairston

TANNING BEDS!! :w00t:. O how great thou art o flourescent light tube of glory and splendor. I pray thee would release thy glory and darkeneth my skin. OK Im getting carried away.

Hairston

ha ha nice one hairston :rofl:

I could go on...if you disobey this SUN god..ironically you will BURN for all eternity...No changes there LMAO whats the difference?? constant sun burn?? who cares lol :w00t:

or if the sun really was a god..then hell for us would be to spend all eternity in a hell of rain and snow to freeze our buts off in the darkness LMAO :blink: emmmm!! I prefer the heat lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

ha ha nice one hairston :rofl:

I could go on...if you disobey this SUN god..ironically you will BURN for all eternity...No changes there LMAO whats the difference?? constant sun burn?? who cares lol :w00t:

or if the sun really was a god..then hell for us would be to spend all eternity in a hell of rain and snow to freeze our buts off in the darkness LMAO :blink: emmmm!! I prefer the heat lol

We would be banished from partaking of the eternal tan (Like I need one!). Or he would eternally revoke our SPF lotion and we would have to suffer the wrath of UV rays.

Edited by hairston630

Why don't people worship what they CAN SEE and feel?

Why not worship it?? You never have to pray (saves so much time) it doesn't judge you..nor does it have rules for you to live by..well use sun block apart from that nothing

Trees??

Weird but true

why does anyone 'worship' anything or feel a need to or require this .. ..

My sentiments exactly.

I don't even think worship is deserved by anyone or thing.

My sentiments exactly.

Being that I hold Gaia (mother Earth) in the highest regard I do see hear & feel her everyday.

Shes the ground beneath me & the sky above me & the wind on my face..

Edited by norwood1026

I worship my children,my parents, all beauty, all acts of kindness and nature.

Oh and the godess of REASON :wub:

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

Some of the native American tribes participate in worship of the sun. I've always thought they were going more in the right direction with that. In modern days,

some of them use solar panels and completely power their homes with energy actually given to them directly from the sun.

I'd say that's a faith that actually delivers, unlike some others :P.

I'd like to see a "spirit panel" which people used to power their homes :D

To be honest I think it's kind of a "lesser of two evils" sentiment.. If you worship something that is judgmental like yourself, you will begin to align yourself with whatever you imagine its opinions might be. If you worship something more simplistic, such as nature.. on the outside appearance, you'll just have an uncanny love for plants :lol:

Edited by KBA

some of them use solar panels and completely power their homes with energy actually given to them directly from the sun.

Hopefully they used energy efficient bulbs :lol:

Hairston

My sentiments exactly.

i agree we are all equal.. lots fall for the I am special gig... its really a big part of religion...so few see this idea just justifies a way of life.. those who have can exploit those who don't ... tell em they deserve it too .. very ugly part of humanity , i jsut can't wrap my head around thinking less than of anyone or anything ....

I worship my children,my parents, all beauty, all acts of kindness and nature.

Oh and the godess of REASON :wub:

I love the mr bean show!.....MMMMAAAHJICK! HAHA. I always crack up when he shaves his tongue :rofl:

Hairston

Edited by hairston630

For me, I don't really see a point in worshipping creation (the sun, for example), when I can worship the creator. There have been certain scieties in the ancient past who worshipped gods of various elements (sun, storms, death, etc), and while some of those might be having a bit of a renaissance, for me the original question still holds - why would I worship the created (material, physical things), when I can worship the creator.

Just a thought.

~ Paranoid Android

For me, I don't really see a point in worshipping creation (the sun, for example), when I can worship the creator. There have been certain scieties in the ancient past who worshipped gods of various elements (sun, storms, death, etc), and while some of those might be having a bit of a renaissance, for me the original question still holds - why would I worship the created (material, physical things), when I can worship the creator.

Just a thought.

~ Paranoid Android

the observer in effect is the observed...so what are you worshipping??? the self ??? what is the self???it goes from there...

why would you worship PA ???

i use the word in jest to allude to how I find delight in something but i am clear there is equality in things, not sameness too many confuse equal with same... life supports life all parts make the whole no part is better than or more 'special' it just is. this is hard for many ..LOL

I am concerned about this idea of worship as it has lead humanity to horrific things....

there more one finds themselves doing 'gods will'/plan the more they impose and force and limit.... the more one is willing to worship if i am understanding you correctly the more you can be convinced of anything , .... one has to be so careful with this idea ...IMO

how is school going Pa???

Edited by Supra Sheri

Because, in general, people tend to worship things with two specific characteristics. First, things they do not fully understand the composition or operation of. (people have a natural fear of the unknown; which is perhaps connected to the evolutionary/creative driving force which pushes humanity to try and understand everything)

Thus people did worship the sun when they did not understand it.

Secondly, they worship things which they feel can influence their lives and things which "worship" may influence to act more benignly on them. Thus some people do still "worship" the sun because it obviously has a real and significant impact on our lives. There are probably few educated people, however, who still believe that the act of worship may influence the sun's affect on them. This is because once the physical nature of the sun is known, it also becomes likely that worship will not alter its nature or characteristics.

Some individuals may still believe, of course, that the human mind can have a physical/metaphysical effect on anything and so prayer to the sun may indeed change its nature and characteristics.

Because, in general, people tend to worship things with two specific characteristics. First, things they do not fully understand the composition or operation of. (people have a natural fear of the unknown; which is perhaps connected to the evolutionary/creative driving force which pushes humanity to try and understand everything)

Thus people did worship the sun when they did not understand it.

Secondly, they worship things which they feel can influence their lives and things which "worship" may influence to act more benignly on them. Thus some people do still "worship" the sun because it obviously has a real and significant impact on our lives. There are probably few educated people, however, who still believe that the act of worship may influence the sun's affect on them. This is because once the physical nature of the sun is known, it also becomes likely that worship will not alter its nature or characteristics.

Some individuals may still believe, of course, that the human mind can have a physical/metaphysical effect on anything and so prayer to the sun may indeed change its nature and characteristics.

This would not be a natual fear its a taught fear ( there are 2 natural fears) it begins very simply with not allowing for a child to explore the idea of death, which is also natural(Relgion does more damage in this area than anything) It actaully lies we have a huge epidemic of those who are afraid of death...change brings its own uncertatinty its what propels us to grow we also have been conditioned to deny our own natural growth and have literally have stunted our own growth....simple as that....I have a great compassion of course as we are very ignorant as a collective but I see humanity growing some growings pains are harder than others but one really can't go against what is natural it just doesn't work like that..In our great ignorance we have done alot of harm....Its great lesson....

In very simple terms, when you decide you want to eat a hamburger you don,t first eat a piece of lettuce, then a mouthfull of mayo, then a bite of tomatoe, a piece of bun and finally a piece of uncooked meat!( Unless your a bit off) No you season and cook the meat, put everything togeather and bite into it with joy and satisfaction! I have total love, reverance, joy and contentment in all of nature and the wonders of the universe, and i find that when i include all that in worshiping my God and creator of all these glorious wonders, knowing he created them for my needs and enjoyment with love, i can,t help but praise, glorify and thank him with total satisfaction and peaceful contentment! Naturally it goes much deeper than that for me, and i,m sure there are a million ways to explain it, hope i helped to clarify a wee bit anyways!

This would not be a natual fear its a taught fear ( there are 2 natural fears) it begins very simply with not allowing for a child to explore the idea of death, which is also natural(Relgion does more damage in this area than anything) It actaully lies we have a huge epidemic of those who are afraid of death...change brings its own uncertatinty its what propels us to grow we also have been conditioned to deny our own natural growth and have literally have stunted our own growth....simple as that....I have a great compassion of course as we are very ignorant as a collective but I see humanity growing some growings pains are harder than others but one really can't go against what is natural it just doesn't work like that..In our great ignorance we have done alot of harm....Its great lesson....

Once again I will choose to disagree with you. The fear of the unknown is such a universal fear that it is most likely an evolutionary or genetic response. (Or one of god's inbuilt attributes.) It is a natural survival mechanism. Anyone who acts fearlessly in any unknown environment is not likely to survive long. It is wise to be cautious of ( ie. fear) the unknown, and not terribly wise to act without any fear of it. It is true that young peole often act without fear of consequences. and indeed without fear of death. This may be partly because they do not have enoufgh depth of experience to make good value judgements, but it has also been clinically proven than until the brain finishes maturing, one physical element missing from the human brain is the ability to accurately predict consequences of actions. The brain simply has not developed the capacity to do so. Teenagers, who are not even aware that this element of judgement is physically missing, thus make some terrible decisions, to which adults often say "couldn't you see what would happen)?" The answer is, in many cases, no they simply could not see/ accurately predict the consequences of their actions.

I do believe children should be given accurate knowledge of death, even though the ability to full appreciate what it means and the whole concept of it is beyond most children. The problem is, what terms and symbols to usem which in fact are accurate, given the diversity of beliefs on the subject, and also the need to match the child's ability to understand what you are talking about.

Out of interest what do you see as the two natural fears? As a child, would separation from a parent be one, or do you feel this is also a learned fear?

People started worship planetary long b4, even now they conutinuing worship sun and other planetart and trees/snakes in India

http://members.tripod.com/~navagraha/navag...emplestour.html

http://members.tripod.com/~navagraha/antiquityastrology.html

• 2 weeks later...

So I take it you dont...................worship the very ground your hubby or son walks on?? or any of yourr loved ones?? fair enough LOL

I on the other hND WORSHIIP MY BECKY..LOVE HER TO BITS

Just a thought.

~ Paranoid Android

I worship the creator too ...straight up lol..but I also worship his handy work..IE his creations..the sun..why not the sun??? it gives me what I need ..

My daughter..another creation from God. and I worship her ..love the ground she walks on...and im proud of it

see PA to worship someone or something...doesnt mean you have to pray to it/them lol..only God

BIG DIFFERENCE..cuz we have to talk/pray to God..for if he was in the flesh and everyone could see him and speak to him..then we wouldnt have to pray to him..all we would have to do is go pay him a flying visit and take it from there lol