Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Beckys_Mom

WORSHIP what you can see and feel

36 posts in this topic

norwood1026
For me, I don't really see a point in worshipping creation (the sun, for example), when I can worship the creator. There have been certain scieties in the ancient past who worshipped gods of various elements (sun, storms, death, etc), and while some of those might be having a bit of a renaissance, for me the original question still holds - why would I worship the created (material, physical things), when I can worship the creator.

Just a thought.

Paranoid Android

And thats why there are different faiths just because you believe that your God is the creator does not make it true for others. Back to your question why would people worship the creation not the creator? Simple some do not believe what you do.

Beckys_Mom
And thats why there are different faiths just because you believe that your God is the creator does not make it true for others. Back to your question why would people worship the creation not the creator? Simple some do not believe what you do.

Good answer lol

=Jak=

Each one have their own ideas and circumtance. for example..you always like to make happy who do immidate good to you.. even thoguh the good/job you do for the big boss, you know only your immideate boss. you gift or make happy your immideate boss not big boss, even though he indirectly be happy of your job. In the olden days... some people benifited from wood work... who work ship trees.. and who crop will work ship sun and cloud.. even though the big boss is someelse.

Beckys_Mom
Each one have their own ideas and circumtance. for example..you always like to make happy who do immidate good to you.. even thoguh the good/job you do for the big boss, you know only your immideate boss. you gift or make happy your immideate boss not big boss, even though he indirectly be happy of your job. In the olden days... some people benifited from wood work... who work ship trees.. and who crop will work ship sun and cloud.. even though the big boss is someelse.

:wacko: what?????

Serpentine
For me, I don't really see a point in worshipping creation (the sun, for example), when I can worship the creator. There have been certain scieties in the ancient past who worshipped gods of various elements (sun, storms, death, etc), and while some of those might be having a bit of a renaissance, for me the original question still holds - why would I worship the created (material, physical things), when I can worship the creator.

Just a thought.

~ Paranoid Android

By establishing the duality of created/creator you remove yourself one step from non dual existence.

By making the creator the creator of something distant in the past you remove yourself one step further from non dual existence.

~my two thoughts

=Jak=

Why people worship creation.. Why not the creator.. I work in a MNC.. I don’t know much about my big boss… but what I know is that i am working for him… but my relation with my immediate boss is good. Thanks giving and the relationship go well with your immediate boss… so celebration of the prosperity associated with the harvest by thanking the rain, sun and the farm animals that have helped in the harvest.

norwood1026
:wacko: what?????

Yeah I was about to ask the same thing I have NO idea what he said..... :no:

Beckys_Mom
Yeah I was about to ask the same thing I have NO idea what he said..... :no:

lol I still dont :wacko:

:P

Truffles
TANNING BEDS!! :w00t:. O how great thou art o flourescent light tube of glory and splendor. I pray thee would release thy glory and darkeneth my skin. OK Im getting carried away.

Hairston

HAHA!!! Good one!

~Why do we have to worship anything? ;) We can believe without worshipping...

Beckys_Mom
HAHA!!! Good one!

~Why do we have to worship anything? ;) We can believe without worshipping...

I worship my little girl..the very grounnd she walks on lol

Username Deleted

I think your confusing worship with service.