Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

nara

Oh I see. Then I wonder where that superstition came from. ^_^

Yes equality seems very far away.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• eight bits

No, he IS one of the fradulent psychics....It makes the genuine ones look like kooks...

He doesn't claim to be psychic. NEVER has. He doesn't believe in psychics.

Another good one is from the classic Flowers for Algernon:

That which is is that which is not is not

Anyway, how you coming with the bottle cap thing?

Oh! I love that book!!!

Hehehe...We had to read it in english clas...For some reason everyone hated it, cept me...Very good, it has alot of inner meaning to it....It goes alot deeper into the text than alot of books...

Yes, that's right.

There are not many leaves around here these days. But tell me more, and I can try in a few months.

I owe you (from a promise made in another thread) whistling in a graveyard. I did this about 48 hours ago, and here is my report.

I whistled Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star repeatedly while walking past and through the local graveyard, as requested. (Harder than it sounds, continuous whistling makes for funny breathing when walking in chilly air.) No abnormal events have happened then or since.

I envy the really stunning imagery in primordial's post about his(?) graveyard experience:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2150394

I can't report anything like that, but it was a beautiful, sunny day here, and that is something at this time of the year.

Graveyards honor life. Ours has graves that span almost two centuries. To walk through it is to immerse yourself in the possibilities of life.

Some graves have lavish monuments, others are barely marked at all. It would be nice to say that it is all the same in death, whether someone was rich or poor in life, but it is not. With a meter of accumulated snow, only the richer folks' names are visible today. The earth will have to be reborn before full equality among the dead reigns again.

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star apparently didn't stir anything, but I hope it didn't sound out-of-place, either. Better yet, I hope it evoked a friendly memory or two if anybody happened to be listening.

Yea, I'm gonna try to the bottlecap thing....Seems like it would help my mind relise that it CAN do TK, probably speeding up the whole learning process...I think once I accomplish a small thing like that, I'll be able to accomplish the psi-wheel quite easily..

Yea, I'm gonna try to the bottlecap thing....Seems like it would help my mind relise that it CAN do TK, probably speeding up the whole learning process...I think once I accomplish a small thing like that, I'll be able to accomplish the psi-wheel quite easily..

I can accomplish the psi-wheel... This has been PROVEN to not move due to psychic super powers.

Assuming such powers are real the bottle cap should actually be harder to move because there it is far heavier then a small piece of paper.

Using a $300 digital scale I have calculated exact weight of a 2x2 piece of paper and a bottle cap....

Paper: 0.2 grams

Bottle cap: 2.9 grams

Other factors besides weight include resistance as well, the bottle cap has tiny ridges and when you combine this with it's weight it's resistance is more. The paper has less resistance because it sits on a needle... After testing out both using my right index finger and giving each just a tiny tap the results were clear each time I did it. The paper moves on the needle so easily that just putting my hand by it was enough to cause it to move before I even touched it.

Forget about telekinesis..watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZinLozX8s4...feature=related

I fail to see what's so special about a car messing up it's paint job by sliding under a chain linked fence... This video has been tackled in the Ghost/haunting boards.

Jus tried the bottlecap thing...It works awosme...Did it 7 times in 20 minuets...Most of the time it would roll down the book...I think it's because I'm the only one out of all you guys who tried it thats actually trained in psi and energy movement and stuff...Works nice though...Oh and Athiest, I bet the bottle cap is easier because to move it, all you have to do is push a little on the edge, and it rolls, the psi wheel needs a continues force...

Jus tried the bottlecap thing...It works awosme...Did it 7 times in 20 minuets...Most of the time it would roll down the book...I think it's because I'm the only one out of all you guys who tried it thats actually trained in psi and energy movement and stuff...Works nice though...Oh and Athiest, I bet the bottle cap is easier because to move it, all you have to do is push a little on the edge, and it rolls, the psi wheel needs a continues force...

:no:

Oh and Athiest, I bet the bottle cap is easier because to move it, all you have to do is push a little on the edge, and it rolls, the psi wheel needs a continues force

Welcome to science, H! You can hold your own with a Ph.D. - you have held your own with a Ph.D. - because you did the work, instead of guessing how it would or "should" turn out.

Come on, Eric. Issue yourself a bottlecap and a book. Odds are, in the time it would you take to weigh the bottlecap on a digital scale (rofl), you can actually do the experiment.

In fairness, H, when Eric does it, that's going to level the playing field fast. He's going to have an explanation of why he was able to do it. Then the people who have done it can debate why they were able to do it.

However that debate turns out, we are a world away from psi-wheels and Youtube. We're doing science, based on actual experimentation, real results which anybody can see for themselves, and critical thought about the experiences we have in common, but whose interpretation remains to be settled.

Don't you think thats being a bit condescending?

...Did it 7 times in 20 minuets...Most of the time it would roll down the book...I think it's because I'm the only one out of all you guys who tried it thats actually trained in psi and energy movement and stuff...Works nice though...

Big claims calls for big evidence... Where's the proof?

QUOTE (Heartagram3200 @ Feb 17 2008, 03:13 PM)

...Did it 7 times in 20 minuets...Most of the time it would roll down the book...I think it's because I'm the only one out of all you guys who tried it thats actually trained in psi and energy movement and stuff...Works nice though...

Well, by pressing on the book slightly harder, I got the cap to roll down the book and back as well. I do not have any psi abilities, and I done this quite easily.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Well, by pressing on the book slightly harder, I got the cap to roll down the book and back as well. I do not have any psi abilities, and I done this quite easily.

Lol >.<

The psi-wheel does need a continued force but at the same time less initial force to get it started due to 2 main factors less friction and less mass... likewise with the bottlecap all you need to do is touch the edge and it moves. The only friction on the pinwheel surface area is where the needle and paper touch. With the bottle cap you have little groves and it is not a perfect cylindrical shape and this causes the cap to rest on the surface with far more resistance then a piece of paper on a needle.

At such small amounts of weight and other factors as well the sense of touch is no longer reliable enough to base a conclusion. The other flaw in your conclusion is that the bottle cap does not require a continued force. The cap will not roll forever just like the pinwheel will not spin forever... The initial force used however is more by default simply due to the weight and resistance of the cap cause by the grooves.

Welcome to science, H! You can hold your own with a Ph.D. - you have held your own with a Ph.D. - because you did the work, instead of guessing how it would or "should" turn out.

It just to bad as I said above that the conclusion is flawed and inaccurate... I never guessed why the paper is easier to move.

Come on, Eric. Issue yourself a bottlecap and a book. Odds are, in the time it would you take to weigh the bottlecap on a digital scale (rofl), you can actually do the experiment.

Again weight is not the only factor thing like resistance and surface area come into play... Simply touching a bottle cap on a book and touching a pin wheel are not enough and you have to take into account weight, shape, surface area and so on to formulate which one is easier to move. Touching both items alone is doing some of the work doing the math and applying simple physics does the rest.

One simple law used in my conclusion is that for every action there is an opposite an equal reaction. So if the cap was perfectly round on a smooth surface to get it to roll 360 degrees you have to apply force equal to it's weight which is 2.9 grams this does not include the grooves and the added resistance they ad against the test surface and air. To get the pinwheel to spin 360 degrees an applied force .2 grams is needed added resistance of shape vs test surface and air not included.

The paper in the pin is so sensitive that the heat from your hands will cause it to move or even air currents cause by temperature variations in the room. It is clear when you consider main factors involved that the pinwheel is far easier to move.

OK, Moro. You almost did it.

Replication means replicating the whole outcome. The whole outcome, in this case, is getting the bottlecap to roll back and forth without conscious awareness of exerting any force on the book.

Put aside that you don't like some of the people on the other side, or that you found one of them condescending. Be an impersonal investigator, and have the same experience - the same full experience - as those who interpret the experience differently from you.

In other words, do science.

Get a book and a bottlecap, and investigate it yourself. User dreamland fully discharged any obligation he had to provide evidence when he disclosed his materials and methods in sufficient detail to allow others to replicate what he did.

Since many of us have replicated what dreamland did, we are past needing "evidence" as to what happens. We are down to interpreting the phenomenon. That may or may not involve further evidence (although Tom, Vanquish, provided a crucial observation).

Edited by eight bits

OK, Moro. You almost did it.

Replication means replicating the whole outcome. The whole outcome, in this case, is getting the bottlecap to roll back and forth without conscious awareness of exerting any force on the book.

Put aside that you don't like some of the people on the other side, or that you found one of them condescending. Be an impersonal investigator, and have the same experience - the same full experience - as those who interpret the experience differently from you.

In other words, do science.

I suppose you are correct, getting upset with these people on here does nothing for the topic at hand. If they think

they are better than everyone else due to some special ability, it's just better to look over it.

I did the experiment again last night with a thick, hard back book! While only slightly pressing on the edge of the book I

managed to get the cap to roll down the book and back several times.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Let me get a cap and a scale. I'm on it. :w00t::D

I will buy webcam somewhere this week,and i will show you,that i can move bottlecap using telekinesis,and later i will describe details of my experiment.

I will buy webcam somewhere this week,and i will show you,that i can move bottlecap using telekinesis,and later i will describe details of my experiment.

I am about to pee myself with anticipation. :rolleyes:

Let me get a cap and a scale. I'm on it.

Forget the scale, but you'll really need that book.

I am about to pee myself with anticipation.

BOO YA! oops, sorry...

I did the experiment again last night with a thick, hard back book! While only slightly pressing on the edge of the book I managed to get the cap to roll down the book and back several times.

OK, now try a somewhat oversized paperback, something you can comfortably rest a good bit of your hand on, with good separation from the bottlecap.

Do it right and you won't feel a thing, neither the efferent ("telling" your hand to press and release), nor the reafferent (the feedback sensation of doing that).

Edited by eight bits

Do it right and you won't feel a thing, neither the efferent ("telling" your hand to press and release), nor the reafferent (the feedback sensation of doing that).

Well, that works very good. I suppose, I can put this experiment to the side now.

Now, I think that I will work on a pin/psiwheel! Try out different materials, hand placements, covering it with

a glass bowl etc. see what works best for making it spin.

I think I will even devise a way to make the pin/psiwheel hang freely, (Possibly on some fishing line!) then see

how it spins.

Regards,

Tom

I've also done it while satnding across the room, without even touching the book....I've had a few of my friends watch, and it's obvious im not pressin on the book even when I am touchin git, it's just to help you move it...To get your mind to move it...

I've also done it while satnding across the room, without even touching the book....I've had a few of my friends watch, and it's obvious im not pressin on the book even when I am touchin git, it's just to help you move it...To get your mind to move it...

Well, while your friends are there, next time record a video of you doing this so we can see exactly how you do it.

Shouldn't be that hard to do, as you seem to be doing it quite easily.

Regards,

Tom

K, Need to find the clip for my tri-pod...My little sister los tit, so I won't be able to record less I find it...It's alot harder with people, I don't know why, get nervous, lol, with someone in the room it takes me like 5 minuets, opposed to like 2...