Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

nara

K, Need to find the clip for my tri-pod...My little sister los tit, so I won't be able to record less I find it...It's alot harder with people, I don't know why, get nervous, lol, with someone in the room it takes me like 5 minuets, opposed to like 2...

I'm sure this will be interesting, I can't wait. :tu:

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• eight bits

K, Need to find the clip for my tri-pod...My little sister los tit, so I won't be able to record less I find it...It's alot harder with people, I don't know why, get nervous, lol, with someone in the room it takes me like 5 minuets, opposed to like 2...

Hmm. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I've also done it while satnding across the room, without even touching the book

Well, since your critics might die of old age waiting for your video equipment to reappear, I ask that you do what dreamland did.

You are talking about a human capability. Therefore, you cannot possibly be the only person who can do it.

So, tell us your 'across the room' setup, and what you did, and all of that, in enough detail that any of us can do the same thing. Maybe not all of us are as talented as you, but odds are that at least some of us will make reasonable progress.

Then we won't need the video. BTW, if you did post the video, it would be unconvincing anyway. But k-skeptics didn't call dreamland a liar, because the k team was able to see what dreamland saw with their own eyes, live, upclose, and personal.

I've had a few of my friends watch, and it's obvious im not pressin on the book even when I am touchin git, it's just to help you move it...To get your mind to move it...

But you are touching it in that case. How sure are you that you aren't pressing just enough?

How much is just enough anyway? When I replicated dreamland's report, the first thing I did was deliberately press to see how much force was required. So, now it's your turn.

Deliberately move the bottlecap not using your mind to do it, but rather using press and release explicitly. What is the least amount of force that will do the job?

Then, when you know how much force it takes to do it, think about what kind of precautions you would need to take to know that you were not exerting that much force without realizing it.

And a second BTW, odds are that once the bottlecap started to move, your friends weren't looking at your hand anymore. Sudden onset of motion catches the eye, involuntarily. So, what they saw or didn't see is uninteresting.

Edited by eight bits

How convenient... You can record without the tripod just simply set the recorder on a table or get someone to hold it for you.

Insert excuse here _____ as to why this cannot be done... lost cord, missing batteries, dog ate the lens etc.

Well, since your critics might die of old age waiting for your video equipment to reappear, I ask that you do what dreamland did.

You are talking about a human capability. Therefore, you cannot possibly be the only person who can do it.

So, tell us your 'across the room' setup, and what you did, and all of that, in enough detail that any of us can do the same thing. Maybe not all of us are as talented as you, but odds are that at least some of us will make reasonable progress.

Then we won't need the video. BTW, if you did post the video, it would be unconvincing anyway. But k-skeptics didn't call dreamland a liar, because the k team was able to see what dreamland saw with their own eyes, live, upclose, and personal.

But you are touching it in that case. How sure are you that you aren't pressing just enough?

How much is just enough anyway? When I replicated dreamland's report, the first thing I did was deliberately press to see how much force was required. So, now it's your turn.

Deliberately move the bottlecap not using your mind to do it, but rather using press and release explicitly. What is the least amount of force that will do the job?

Then, when you know how much force it takes to do it, think about what kind of precautions you would need to take to know that you were not exerting that much force without realizing it.

And a second BTW, odds are that once the bottlecap started to move, your friends weren't looking at your hand anymore. Sudden onset of motion catches the eye, involuntarily. So, what they saw or didn't see is uninteresting.

I know...I tried that too at first...It takes like my whole body weight for it to move alot of the time, i have to press down full force...

And the across the room setup is prolly the exact same as the one with you there...I just got used to the feeling of moving the bottlecap, then I tried to replicate it without touching the book...It's a little harder, so might take you a little longer...

I know...I tried that too at first...It takes like my whole body weight for it to move alot of the time, i have to press down full force...

Sorry I was unclear. My question was what was the minimum force, in the same conditions as when you were showing your friends.

And the across the room setup is prolly the exact same as the one with you there...I just got used to the feeling of moving the bottlecap, then I tried to replicate it without touching the book...It's a little harder, so might take you a little longer...

That doesn't tell us anything. I guess you're going to make us wait for the movie on that one.

The minimum force to make it move, I know, it takes pretty much my whole body wieght for it to move....Any smaller amount of pressure doesnt do anything....

That must be some pretty big book you've got it on, H. :)

That must be some pretty big book you've got it on, H. :)

Harry Potter books are pretty thick. :innocent:

Still no video from Heartagram. :hmm: Oh well, I figured as much.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Heart lied to us...

Please, let's be careful tossing around accusations of 'lying'...it should be enough to say that the person has simply failed to provide any evidence for their claims.

Of course. What did you expect? ;)

Man people, can't a person be weak and tired? I've been usin alot of psyical strenght, so It's hard to do Tk when your tired and soar...

Man people, can't a person be weak and tired? I've been usin alot of psyical strenght, so It's hard to do Tk when your tired and soar...

Sore. Its always going to be some excuse. :no:

Thats fine. So, how long must we wait now before you regain your strength, so we might be able to see the video?

Thats fine. So, how long must we wait now before you regain your strength, so we might be able to see the video?

I also want to get better at it...give me 1 month to get relle good...Then I'll make a vid...That's resonible time for me to practice...Feel free to send me pm's like every week so I don't forget..

I also want to get better at it...give me 1 month to get relle good...Then I'll make a vid...That's resonible time for me to practice...Feel free to send me pm's like every week so I don't forget..

You can either do it or you can't. You are putting off the inevitable which is nothing.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

So how about we drop the lame excuses shall we.

I've seen it all here before one excuse after another, first it was a tripod and now it's because your to tired... I knew this would happen before it happened.

I predict that no video will appear here in a month as you claim... I was right before and I will be right again.

No one cares how good you are at TK we just want to see you use it, if you can at all.

Here we see the third and likely final excuse in this thread. First it was the tripod, then it was because your too tired, now it's because your not good enough.

The question one must ask here is why should we believe you when you can't even get your story straight? Personally I don't believe you, and I don't think a video will ever be posted here by you displaying what you claim to be able to do.

Heart your not the only person to flip flop here regarding TK those of us who have been around for a while have seen 1 excuse after another and members come and go after being called on it.

You can either do it or you can't. You are puttin off the inevitable which is nothing.

I find that the best approach to take to things like this is a "maybe."

Don't go in thinking it's true without proof, don't go in thinking that it's impossible because it's not proven.

Not only does this approach lead to an open mind, it makes life more interesting in general and removes the need to impose your sense of logical justice on every single individual that comes in here claiming to have experienced something supernatural. You don't want to end up like that guy who's so obsessed with it that he makes his signature a loud, accusatory rant in a giant font. That guy who never actually participates in a conversation unless it's to tell somebody that they're wrong. That's just annoying.

Of course, you can't go through life considering every possibility. You'll go insane. Just live life as it is, read your scientific journals. Learn about reality, which the definition of is constantly changing anyways and the boundaries of what is acceptable as scientific possibility are constantly expanding beyond the limits of the average mind. Just loosen up and enjoy things.

I find that the best approach to take to things like this is a "maybe."

Don't go in thinking it's true without proof, don't go in thinking that it's impossible because it's not proven.

Not only does this approach lead to an open mind, it makes life more interesting in general and removes the need to impose your sense of logical justice on every single individual that comes in here claiming to have experienced something supernatural. You don't want to end up like that guy who's so obsessed with it that he makes his signature a loud, accusatory rant in a giant font. That guy who never actually participates in a conversation unless it's to tell somebody that they're wrong. That's just annoying.

Of course, you can't go through life considering every possibility. You'll go insane. Just live life as it is, read your scientific journals. Learn about reality, which the definition of is constantly changing anyways and the boundaries of what is acceptable as scientific possibility are constantly expanding beyond the limits of the average mind. Just loosen up and enjoy things.

No evidence is evidence of absence.

I base my views on the evidence which there is none to support TK. If there was even a shred of tangible evidence I would change my stance on such abilities.

Those making bold claims here have always had the opportunity to provide us with something aside from words and don't. Hell there is even a million dollar prize to anyone who can prove that these abilities exist under controlled conditions.

No evidence is evidence of absence.

I base my views on the evidence which there is none to support TK. If there was even a shred of tangible evidence I would change my stance on such abilities.

Those making bold claims here have always had the opportunity to provide us with something aside from words and don't. Hell there is even a million dollar prize to anyone who can prove that these abilities exist under controlled conditions.

Yeah, but you act like these people are coming here and asking you to believe it. They are coming here to talk about telekinesis, or psionic powers, or whatever, and you're coming in and telling them that they're wrong. Obviously, they seem to think that there is evidence, whether it's personal experience or whatever. Do you think that you're going to convince them that they're wrong? Do you think that they don't already realize that it's not something they can prove? People aren't stupid. Maybe some of them are just flat out lying, but so what? It's not like there are innocent board viewers who are at risk of suddenly believing in telekinesis. We all know our limits of belief, and we know whether or not we believe in something.

I just don't understand why all of these topics turn into debates about whether or not something is real. It becomes a hostile environment.

Yeah, but you act like these people are coming here and asking you to believe it. They are coming here to talk about telekinesis, or psionic powers, or whatever, and you're coming in and telling them that they're wrong. Obviously, they seem to think that there is evidence, whether it's personal experience or whatever. Do you think that you're going to convince them that they're wrong? Do you think that they don't already realize that it's not something they can prove? People aren't stupid. Maybe some of them are just flat out lying, but so what? It's not like there are innocent board viewers who are at risk of suddenly believing in telekinesis. We all know our limits of belief, and we know whether or not we believe in something.

I just don't understand why all of these topics turn into debates about whether or not something is real. It becomes a hostile environment.

By making claims they are asking us to believe, and we are asking them to put up or shut up. There are plenty of believer only boards if they are scared to show proof. Stay on this board several years, and even you would get tired of all the xmen kids. :tu:

By making claims they are asking us to believe, and we are asking them to put up or shut up. There are plenty of believer only boards if they are scared to show proof. Stay on this board several years, and even you would get tired of all the xmen kids. :tu:

Ahh, I think that answers it. When they make claims, they are not asking YOU to believe. YOU are interpreting their claims as asking for your approval. Personally, I think you're sort of overestimating your importance. I don't see why you think that your approval of something that they claim to have experienced is of any relevance. It seems to me that you're kind of obsessed. That, of course, is just MY personal interpretation.