Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekinesis

nara

Ahh, I think that answers it. When they make claims, they are not asking YOU to believe. YOU are interpreting their claims as asking for your approval. Personally, I think you're sort of overestimating your importance. I don't see why you think that your approval of something that they claim to have experienced is of any relevance. It seems to me that you're kind of obsessed. That, of course, is just MY personal interpretation.

And as far as the "xmen kids" thing goes, you could simply not go into topics that are obviously going to be talking about the subject in the title. Such as, I dunno, telekinesis. DUH. It's not like you're changing their minds about anything.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• eight bits

Ahh, I think that answers it. When they make claims, they are not asking YOU to believe. YOU are interpreting their claims as asking for your approval. Personally, I think you're sort of overestimating your importance. I don't see why you think that your approval of something that they claim to have experienced is of any relevance. It seems to me that you're kind of obsessed. That, of course, is just MY personal interpretation.

No. I think they are obesessed with their fantasy.

My importance, huh. Thats funny. I know you like to take jabs at me, but you are making no sense.

Yeah, but you act like these people are coming here and asking you to believe it. They are coming here to talk about telekinesis, or psionic powers, or whatever, and you're coming in and telling them that they're wrong. Obviously, they seem to think that there is evidence, whether it's personal experience or whatever. Do you think that you're going to convince them that they're wrong? Do you think that they don't already realize that it's not something they can prove? People aren't stupid. Maybe some of them are just flat out lying, but so what? It's not like there are innocent board viewers who are at risk of suddenly believing in telekinesis. We all know our limits of belief, and we know whether or not we believe in something.

I just don't understand why all of these topics turn into debates about whether or not something is real. It becomes a hostile environment.

People wouldn't say it if they didn't want you to believe it... For example controlling a tornado, flicking on and off street lights and so on . They don't come here for discussion they come here wanting people to believe them and when they don't they usually stop posting.

As for younger kids not being taken in here this is a claim that cannot be made. Kids are far more naive the adults are and easily influenced, to say there aren't kids who browse this site and are not taken in by these claims is naive in itself.

What we try to do is separate fact from fiction.

This board provides us the means to have serious discussion about such topics, debunking extraordinary claims made here is a part of this. For example the pinwheel which has been proven to be nothing more then trickery.

Fact is if someone posts a story about how they can shoot a lightning bolt from their fingertips by making this claim they want people to believe it. Some do and some don't and this in itself creates an equilibrium which sometimes puts us at odds with one another.

Only one poster in all the time I have been here has been willing to demonstrate their ability for us by giving psychic readings to skeptics. While it's not proof this is the type of thing we like to see... I was actually impressed by my reading as the events described were like 90% accurate, still can't conclude whether or not it was just coincidence but it was a start and I applauded this member for making the attempt by request.

And as far as the "xmen kids" thing goes, you could simply not go into topics that are obviously going to be talking about the subject in the title. Such as, I dunno, telekinesis. DUH. It's not like you're changing their minds about anything.

Or we can go into these topics and debunk the claims made... These people don't like being asked hard questions like if we ask for evidence and so o, although I do not consider video scientific it would be interesting to see a video that did not have a rational explanation.

In order to prove or disprove a claim all possible rational explanations must be first ruled out, only then do we have a true unknown.

No evidence is evidence of absence.

I base my views on the evidence which there is none to support TK. If there was even a shred of tangible evidence I would change my stance on such abilities.

Those making bold claims here have always had the opportunity to provide us with something aside from words and don't. Hell there is even a million dollar prize to anyone who can prove that these abilities exist under controlled conditions.

Then read up on it man...There have bene many studies on it, and have been successful...Same with ESP, clairvoyance, etc..Parapsycologist study it all the time, and get alot of successful findings...The thing is, when ONE study is found to be wrong, or the people in it were frauds, everyone automatically assumes that ALL studies are frauds...Search up on it, do some work yourself...

Then read up on it man...There have bene many studies on it, and have been successful...Same with ESP, clairvoyance, etc..Parapsycologist study it all the time, and get alot of successful findings...The thing is, when ONE study is found to be wrong, or the people in it were frauds, everyone automatically assumes that ALL studies are frauds...Search up on it, do some work yourself...

Look, just step up and prove it yourself. You keep making claims. This not xman powers forums. You keep giving excuses. STEP up.

Hey, I have been trying to guys..but you guys dont give me a chance to breathe around here...Everything I say gets twisted and conformed into what you think I said...I am working on getting that video made...I wanna get better at it beofre I try to catch it on film...But you guys are also responislbe for saying why this sin't real...You arent researching anything on it to find out if its real or not....You expect us to find out the sources for you so you cna just tear our explinations to pieces...You try finding stuff too...This is a two-way thing!

Hey, I have been trying to guys..but you guys dont give me a chance to breathe around here...Everything I say gets twisted and conformed into what you think I said...I am working on getting that video made...I wanna get better at it beofre I try to catch it on film...But you guys are also responislbe for saying why this sin't real...You arent researching anything on it to find out if its real or not....You expect us to find out the sources for you so you cna just tear our explinations to pieces...You try finding stuff too...This is a two-way thing!

Either you can do it or you can't. You have stated you can so lets see it. I say BS.

We have looked. We see a whole bunch of nothing.

Search parapsycology research..Search Bill Roll...Search I'm a stupid lazy skeptic, wanting everyone to do stuff for me!

Search parapsycology research..Search Bill Roll...Search I'm a stupid lazy skeptic, wanting everyone to do stuff for me!

I think your aggravation is starting to get the best of you. Maybe you should concider backing off a bit, take a break!

Some of us have seen many claims come through here and go, for which lead to inconclusive answers, or just nothing

at all.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Prove yourself... I am lazy believer.

The only evidence that can be found on psychokinesis that kinda sorta has something to it is, The Pear Program.

The Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR)

The brainchild of Robert G. Jahn, who, in 1979, when he was Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Princeton University, claimed he wanted “to pursue rigorous scientific study of the interaction of human consciousness with sensitive physical devices, systems, and processes common to contemporary engineering practice.” In short, he wanted to be a parapsychologist and test psychokinesis (PK) and remote viewing (called remote perception by the PEAR folks). The PEAR folks are best known for their study of the mind influencing the behavior of machines, so this entry will focus on that work.

Scientists have been unable to find any clear and decisive evidence for psychokinesis. Those who claimed to move objects with only the power of their mind use tricks such as blowing on objects, moving them with thin threads, and using static charges to move objects. Some parapsychologists have not given up the chase, however. They began searching for micro-psychokinesis (MPK), minds affecting machines in ways that can't be detected except by statistics. Just as significant variance from chance in an ESP experiment is taken as evidence of ESP (the psi assumption), so a statistically significant deviation from chance in an MPK experiment is taken as evidence of MPK.

This really can't be concidered that much of an substantial evidence, as it deals with MacroPk.

It does not in no way, mean anyone can move objects with mere thought.

Regards,

Tom

Read up on it...Check out books on parapsycology...

Did you ignore the posts? Moro had a great post and you ignore it.

Read up on what exactly Heart? All these experiments you keep talking about in parapsychology books, are nothing

more than pseudoscientists giving readers, (Such as you!) the answers they/you want.

When these abilities are taken under any real observations to find out any substantial facts in them they are just not

there. In order for something to be concidered FACT, the results must be the same in every experiment used.

The results on these experiments are inconclusive, as they change, and cannot be replicated the same every time.

Regards,

Tom

Parapsychology is not a recognized science although it is claimed to be by people like you.

The people who really need to study this stuff are physicists, and neurologists etc. I won't be satisfied until I see peer reviewed papers by REPUTABLE members of the scientific community.

You can have all the rope to hang yourself that you need.

No one has twisted anything you said we use your own contradictions and excuses many of us have seen before here to support our points. As for the excuses this one is the worst, you claim to be able to move a bottle cap with your mind and this is a bold claim, no one here really cares how well you can do it just that you can.

As for research what is there I really need to research? There is NO evidence that anyone has these powers and as long as there is no evidence and as long as people like you continue to dodge the issue and try to put the burden of evidence on our hands then your credibility on the issue is moot.

So stop crying foul and whining just because you refuse to cooperate and back up the claims you have made here.

If I searched for what you just typed kid I would be out of luck because you spelled it wrong... lol

Besides if anyone is lazy and 10 minutes to slow it would be you as evident in your posts riddled with poor spelling, grammar and punctuation... Of course if you weren't so lazy child you would have used the spell check tool and corrected your mistakes... Not that I'm whining or anything, just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Sorry...Dont feel good, about to throw up, bored outta my mind...Bad combination...

Don't make excuses for being a total *****, because there is no excuse for taking out your anger on others.

'Parapsychology' is a pseudoscience, meaning that the methods used are dubious at best and unscientific while those who practice it claim that it is a legit science.

Personally I have looked into parapsychology before and I wasn't impressed from an empirical point of view.

Look for studies done by Bill roll, by Duke university and their parapsycology team...I know there are alot of european orginazations who study up on it...Look for parapsycolagy research...

Rhine.org

http://www.parapsych.org

I'll edit when I find more..I'm currently busy...

Edited by Heartagram3200

Look for studies done by Bill roll, by Duke university and their parapsycology team...I know there are alot of european orginazations who study up on it...Look for parapsycolagy research...

Again 'parapsychology' is not a science and accomplishes nothing, reputable scientists have in the past looked into the ideas presented in this thread and each time came out with no more then what they went in with except a reaffirmation of their skepticism.

This post has made it clear to me that you did not read my previous post.

Parapsychology is not a recognized science although it is claimed to be by people like you.

The people who really need to study this stuff are physicists, and neurologists etc. I won't be satisfied until I see peer reviewed papers by REPUTABLE members of the scientific community.

You can have all the rope to hang yourself that you need.

No one has twisted anything you said we use your own contradictions and excuses many of us have seen before here to support our points. As for the excuses this one is the worst, you claim to be able to move a bottle cap with your mind and this is a bold claim, no one here really cares how well you can do it just that you can.

As for research what is there I really need to research? There is NO evidence that anyone has these powers and as long as there is no evidence and as long as people like you continue to dodge the issue and try to put the burden of evidence on our hands then your credibility on the issue is moot.

So stop crying foul and whining just because you refuse to cooperate and back up the claims you have made here.

If I searched for what you just typed kid I would be out of luck because you spelled it wrong... lol

Besides if anyone is lazy and 10 minutes to slow it would be you as evident in your posts riddled with poor spelling, grammar and punctuation... Of course if you weren't so lazy child you would have used the spell check tool and corrected your mistakes... Not that I'm whining or anything, just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Don't make excuses for being a total *****, because there is no excuse for taking out your anger on others.

'Parapsychology' is a pseudoscience, meaning that the methods used are dubious at best and unscientific while those who practice it claim that it is a legit science.

Personally I have looked into parapsychology before and I wasn't impressed from an empirical point of view.

Frankly, I dont have spell check on this forum man...And by calling me a ***** something tells me your bein one too...

Ha, you know what, why the hell am I trying to prove this to you? If a freakin angel of god flew from the sky, and said it was real, you guys would say its a hollogram and the angel was fake, I mean, I'm not gonna convince you, so why try right? See you people in a month with my video

(BTW, 1 month means, a motnh to practice, after a motnh time period the video will be done in 2-3 days)

Have a nice life skeptics *cough* losers *cough*

Ha, you know what, why the hell am I trying to prove this to you? If a freakin angel of god flew from the sky, and said it was real, you guys would say its a hollogram and the angel was fake, I mean, I'm not gonna convince you, so why try right? See you people in a month with my video

(BTW, 1 month means, a motnh to practice, after a motnh time period the video will be done in 2-3 days)

Only time will tell young one.

You still have a lot to learn Heart! Smart remarks like that mean absolutely nothing in regards to the topic at hand.

The old BBL exit strategy plus an insult... I have heard this before, I am 99% sure you will not post a video that should have been posted already.

Not all the skeptics here are atheists like me many of them believe in an afterlife and god(s) etc. However if a god did come out of the sky and revealed himself to all of us how could I not believe it? Then again I know this won't happen.

Frankly, I dont have spell check on this forum man...And by calling me a ***** something tells me your bein one too...

This forum has spell check and everyone else uses it... You know the red lines under misspelled words...

Also don't twist my words I never called you anything I just merely said you were ACTING like one... and you were. I was merely just telling it how it is.

I've tried to use it...Syas I must download it..My dad doesnt like me downloading stuff...

I'm pretty sure it's a part of the boards as in you don't have to download it, I never had to download it.