Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gargoyles real

chupacabra99

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Black Hound

• draconic chronicler

• Stormcrow

do you guys see demons flying in the sky after dark well here is a link i dont know if it works

No i've never seen any and where's the link?

do you guys see demons flying in the sky after dark well here is a link i dont know if it works

The oldest gargoyles are in the form of dragons, and while many served the function of rain spouts, the dragon form was because at this time it was believed that the Chrisitan God controlled enormous dragons (and on disobedient one), that devoured the souls of the wicked. This is based on the winged serpents that surround the throne of God in Isaiah, and specific mention of dragons devouring the wicked in the Apocolypse of Baruch, a once popular scriputre of both Jews and Christians that has largely been forgotten today.

Later the dragon gargoyles evolved into sometimes even comical characters. But they were NOT considered demons, they were heavenly seraph dragons guarding the cathedrals to frighten away demons.

Edited by draconic chronicler

gargoyles were used as protection. helping to ward off evil spirits and what not.

or at least people thought they would do that for them.

but have a seen one flying around? no

gargoyleimages

...excuse me? :blink:

Hey I'm pretty new to the website,what would you class as a gargoryle?

I think the OP is refering to the grotesques or chimeras on Gothic buildings, not the drain-spouts that are actually what a gargoyle is... IMO

There was a Gargoyles cartoon and a Movie.

Possibly gargoyles as misshapen humanoids with wings is linked back to medieval ideas of Demons.

linked-image

Edited by DieChecker

think before you post. gargoyles arent scientifically possible, nothing that heavy can fly, and theirs 0 sightings of gargoyles,

Possibly gargoyles as misshapen humanoids with wings is linked back to medieval ideas of Demons.

linked-image

Forgive my geekiness, but the movie was really just the first five episodes of the show strung together :)

think before you post. gargoyles arent scientifically possible, nothing that heavy can fly, and theirs 0 sightings of gargoyles,

Sure there have been sightings, but the original gargoyles were simply stone carvings of the same 'good' dragons we see in the illuminated bibles of medieval times when the oldest dragon-like gargoyles were made. Open any medieval bible with illuminations and you should see them, in such scenes as giving God rides on their backs and punishing sinners, based on the scriptures they illuminated. These dragons decorate all manner of church objects as well, such as candlesticks, lecterns, even the bases of crucifixes. Dragon sightings were extremely common in Medieval times, though the accouts of humans 'slaying' them appear to be wishful thinking.

Later gargoyles were made into caricatures, with dragon wings , horns and tales, but with human features. No one believed in these as real creatures any more that we do micky mouse or donald duck. The were medieval equivalents of cartoon characters.

nOt your mother in law count as a dinosaurs sighting. hahahahahah

my mother in-law is one does that count as a sighting?

No, can't say that I've seen one...

Hey I'm pretty new to the website,what would you class as a gargoryle?

The stone figures frequently attached to the corners of old buildings. It's not just churches either- They have them on the old council buildings and the court-house in the town I live near. I can get some photos if anyone's really interested... :rolleyes:

It is believed the name comes from a particular dragon from France that translated as "the Gargler" because it would spit jets of water from its mouth instead of the usual fire. Given that gargoyles frequently double as water spouts, thus the name was given.

linked-image

I remember this show it used to be ok. :P

chupacabra im sorry but judging from your other posts you belive in pretty much anything

Closest I've got to capturing one on film is this one that was up a tree. Its a zoom in and is un-enhanced, the mouth and tongue makes me think its real.

linked-image

post-49145-1201208141_thumb.jpgactually after further look it looks like a small tree in a plant pot blue= plant pot rim red= tree unless of course you were being sacrcastic in the first place :P Edited by red-star

post-49145-1201208141_thumb.jpgactually after further look it looks like a small tree in a plant pot blue= plant pot rim red= tree unless of course you were being sacrcastic in the first place :P

No. He wasn't kidding. He believes he sees fairies and such in all these pics. Check his posts. There is nothing to see in any of his pics but blurriness and wishful thinking.