Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gargoyles real

chupacabra99

Oh John of the Apocalypse,

You who has seen with your own eyes

Many beasts in the skies,

The gargoyle is the eclipse:

Its a mean animal

That caused lots of hurt.

Edited by Cryptid_Control

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Black Hound

• draconic chronicler

• Stormcrow

Oh John of the Apocalypse,

You who has seen with your own eyes

Many beasts in the skies,

The gargoyle is the eclipse:

Its a mean animal

That caused lots of hurt.

That's the litteral translation, yes. Thanks for point it out. :rolleyes:

That's the litteral translation, yes. Thanks for point it out. :rolleyes:

Yep :P

It's cool how you made it sound like a poeme even in english though :)

They might be a legend but some think behind every legend there is some bit of truth.

which is incorrect.

which is incorrect.

Ok, Fox I'll bite. What is corect? and why is it incorrect.? Please don't be critical of something without making it clear why something is incorrect without citing what about it is incorrect. Being critical with no responsibility to back up your statement is in poor taste.

Edited by Graveyard Hound

Ok, Fox I'll bite. What is corect? and why is it incorrect.? Please don't be critical of something without making it clear why something is incorrect without citing what about it is incorrect. Being critical with no responsibility to back up your statement is in poor taste.

its almost poor taste stating something as empty as "all legend may have a grain of truth".

thats all. im just stating how its a poor way of thinking.

ohmy.gif Whateverr you say. Some folks one can disccusss points of contention with, other you can't. you decide which group you fall into, and I've been here such a short time to start jerking chains.

ohmy.gif Whateverr you say. Some folks one can disccusss points of contention with, other you can't. you decide which group you fall into, and I've been here such a short time to start jerking chains.

youre upset because what i said was right?

thats understandable. but not every story needs your grain of truth.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

I surender to your logic. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

forgiveness accepted.

Well maybe I can find a book on the topic in my library. Appreciate your patience.devil.gif

Edited by Graveyard Hound

I didn't think I'd actually get into this, but. Stating that every single legend and myth has a grain of truth is misleading. The grain of truth does not necessarily have to be behind the part of the legend you're assuming it is, nor does it necessarily have to be literal truth, and indeed, it's totally impossible for you to verify that all legend and myth contain some truth. This is an 'uncounterable' statement that the skeptics of this board are constantly bombarded with, and we get tired of people suddenly trying to turtle behind the statement. So we simply don't put up with it anymore, and point out it's a fallacious and misleading statement - or in Mulder's case, that it ain't true. There can be a bit of a backlash when it's used that a lot of newer people dropping it around here don't expect.

And also, it's bad form to ask Mulder for something that you yourself are unable to reply with in kind. Unless you can verify your statement (That all myths and legends contain some measure of truth,) it's not very sporting to tell someone that they have to verify their counter-statement (That it isn't true.)

Hey Mulder, I'm thinkinng about making value judgements about what is correct/incorrect without having to back up my opinion(s) without citing any type of supporting literature, 8 stars or not.

Hey Mulder, I'm thinkinng about making value judgements about what is correct/incorrect without having to back up my opinion(s) without citing any type of supporting literature, 8 stars or not.

you can do it i you want. not like i care. not like youve been backing up anything youve said on these threads or the others.

Thanks for the informative post. Best as I can recall, there is not any part of it that I can find fault with to debate you over.

Thanks for the informative post. Best as I can recall, there is not any part of it that I can find fault with to debate you over.

do you mean any fault with your own empty statements/anecdotes?

Yep :P

It's cool how you made it sound like a poeme even in english though :)

Well, it is written as a form of poem. I only tried to keep it in that spirit. Yay synonyms! :P

I think theey add someething to Gothic styled churches of the Middle Ages. I assume there was a good reason to have them added to the outside of the church, aside from "cute" rain spouts.

I think theey add someething to Gothic styled churches of the Middle Ages. I assume there was a good reason to have them added to the outside of the church, aside from "cute" rain spouts.

ward off evil.

I give up!!! If it's PC to believe in them so be it, if it isn't, then I don't.

BEFORE I GET JUMPED ON BY THE TP FOR WATCHING, READING, LISTERNING TO SOURCES THAT ARE NOT APPROPRIATE SOURCES THAT ARE INTELLECTUALLY IMPROVING ONESELF, OR NOT IMPROVING, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO.