Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Figure" photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

optical Illusion , a coincidence taken from an angle with lighting effects. although I would like to go there personally to examine.

I have to agree, although I would love to have it turn out as proof of a past civilization on Mars. That would be so awesome.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~ MacDDT ~

• louie

• Lopare

• knowledge..w/o..power

it looks like its attached to the top of a rock. i dont thinks its anything thats alive but it also doesnt look like a natural rock formation. inconclusive at best.

It could be an optical illusion, but I don't think so. The landscape around showes different heights of land and rock. And where the sun is in the sky doesn't show that it is a shadow either. Wind , water and blowing sand can change the shape of a rock but not with that good of detail. It is of humanoid shape. Reminds me of sculptures made from rock. The shape of the figure is to detailed for it to be the work of wind and sand. As for NASA, maybe they wanted the public to see this ,or maybe just one or a few from NASA wanted it to be seen. Maybe they wanted to see what the public would say about the pic or how the public would react to it.

I posted this like two days ago on the forum and only got one comment, now all this attention for it... Sucks to be me :P

What are the chances that the rover will be dispatched to that location to view it up close?

let me talk to "my people" and see what "We" can do

hahahhahha

It looks like a rock formation to me, but it looks really cool.

i cant see nasa letting a picture of a statue on another planet out to the general public without them having a very good look at it first.

Your logic is undeniable. But anyway, this is the most interesting article to have appeared on the site in a while.

TeraLink Was Here!

Well, the only explanation they can come up with is a rock formation. Still, the picture is very interesting.

I downloaded the Nasa photo and I saw a lot of things when panning around. I saw some metallic objects in the river bed, a skateboard, a turtle, a meercat peering from behind a rock and a few objects that looked like canteens. It is funny how the brain recognizes things it wants to.

Definately some interesting looking geology in this pic.

LOL. when I tried linking the photo Da Verminator provided it came up VERY large. But, you could see that the image that was perceived to look like a woman, is really a shadow cast from the landers peripheral devices.

It's a spoof.

Edited by Stardrive

I want to believe, and I will.

I dont care about the chances that its just an optical illusion, or the fact that nasa would never let this out.

IT'S A MARTIAN!

Man it might be an optical ilusion.......and it is definitely not a living life form...........to me it looks like an ancient statue or sculpture from an early civilization........... Edited by Juan2k7nyc

Nasa doesn't catch everything and if they did perhaps they let this one slip by so we can get used to seeing aliens. They should have had the rover move closer to it. Perhaps they did and they are not showing it to us. The figure looks pretty good. I would like to really see a truly scientific investigation on this one. But I suppose that is wishful thinking.

To me, it looks like some humanoid figure, but there is no way for us to know for sure. For one thing, it doesnt look like a rock, it just has "too much" of a humanoid appearance. If it was a rock it seems like someone shaped the hell out of it. And if "aliens" are truely real and the government knows about it, they know there is going to be a point in which they have to stop denying they're existence, so it would make sense that at some point right now, or in the future, that the government would let evidence of they're existence out to the public, only in bits and pieces for us to swallow.

It's possible, but we will never know until more pictures/information is gathered, more pictures from a different angle would be nice. It does kinda resemble a statue too.....

I'm sorry but I guess I need something explained to me. Has anyone looked at the full size image taken from the rover released by NASA... it's not like this thing is out on the horizon, it's very close to the rover. So that, combined with how tiny it looks in a huge resolution picture means this thing is only about an inch tall? Maybe two inches the most? I'm never skeptical in these situations, and I really want to believe here... but we're debating about some tiny trinket that aliens left for us to find? And we just happen to find this thing out of 90 million square miles? Come on. Unless I'm wrong about the size of it, then please let me know if I'm looking at it wrong.

let me talk to "my people" and see what "We" can do

hahahhahha

Sta bi me peto ?

lol did Anyone honestly for a second think it was anything BUT a rock for a second ?

I think it is the Han Solo action figure I lost a couple years ago!