Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Figure" photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

here is the picture from NASA website itself

Figure on mars - NASA photo

Awesome work Vermy! :tu: I get sidetracked too easy if I went on the NASA site I would be gone for the night

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~ MacDDT ~

• louie

• dazzyboy69

• Gulnara

I posted this like two days ago on the forum and only got one comment, now all this attention for it... Sucks to be me :P

there goes my laugh for the night :rolleyes:

Umm...I checked out the high-def version...the thing "she" is on...looks like she's riding something...if you look just below her it looks like eyes and scales...

or the fact that nasa would never let this out.

Why do people keep saying this? NASA would be showered with funding if they discovered anything remotely like life on Mars, why do people think they'd cover it up?

I agree with Cradle of Fish, finding something in Mars would grant NASA lots of funds to really go there ASAP.

I am not saying this is an alien life form, but this image is really interesting. If you look around in the picture, specially near the "statue" you can see lots of almost perfect square rocks, or stone with straight angles. Very interesting. Who knows this could be the first evidence of ancient life in another planet...

I'm sorry but I guess I need something explained to me. Has anyone looked at the full size image taken from the rover released by NASA... it's not like this thing is out on the horizon, it's very close to the rover. So that, combined with how tiny it looks in a huge resolution picture means this thing is only about an inch tall? Maybe two inches the most?...Unless I'm wrong about the size of it, then please let me know if I'm looking at it wrong.

NASA has since gone on record as saying the object in question is indeed 2 inches tall and is a rock. (This was from a CBS news story on the object.)

Amazing how a non-story can become a huge story when you leave out context - if the whole photo had been shown at the time this broke, it would have been obvious to all involved that this was a very tiny object, very unlikely to be anything other than a rock.

But, if you leave out the rest of the photo, and then zoom in on just the area in question (leaving out everything else that gives you perspective as to size), you could very easily see a human size "creature" if you wanted to.

I'm sorry but I guess I need something explained to me. Has anyone looked at the full size image taken from the rover released by NASA... it's not like this thing is out on the horizon, it's very close to the rover. So that, combined with how tiny it looks in a huge resolution picture means this thing is only about an inch tall? Maybe two inches the most? I'm never skeptical in these situations, and I really want to believe here... but we're debating about some tiny trinket that aliens left for us to find? And we just happen to find this thing out of 90 million square miles? Come on. Unless I'm wrong about the size of it, then please let me know if I'm looking at it wrong.

What about a 2" alien?

i agree with rx-7 those arms is like near prefect especially looking around the others rock formation and would it be 2" tall it looks a fair distance to me

The truth is revealed! Thats not mars! The government has discovered Tattooine and taken the first real photo of a Tusken Raider!

heh, no it is very humanoid in appearance. But clearly a rock.

2 inch or not, that's one hell of a formation for rock, especially those protruding arms

Even if the object is only 2 - 4 inches high .... it could easily be an artifact !!!!

it appears to be "gangsta leaning!"

This is a very exciting find no matter what it could be. It's now on the list of strange things on Mars: 2 faces, trees, cities, metalic and glass tubes, and momoliths of all kinds. This picture brings 2 questions to mind:

1. What does the TRUE untoutched picture look like. If you have done the slightest bit of research on the first found face on Mars, you would know that the picture of what was originally released to the public looks to be nothing more that a crop of heavily worn rock formations. Then the real picture came out. The blaintantly obvious face. You can find the specific steps taken by NASA and the Gov. to erase the face off of Mars in the picture. Has the same thing happened here? Time may yet tell......

2. My first reation to this pic after the initial shock of holy #@%& ther's a dude standing/sitting there was, OK If there's some person there how did it get there? If it is a biological thing, it has a way of movement....... Are there foot prints in the Martian surface in other words? I took a look at the whole NASA release picture..... Oddly enough it does kinda look like there are foot prints in the sand leading right up to the rock crop that this "person" is on/near. But I do not have any sophisticated programs to fully examin the picture at all. Major bummer.... Also there is an area in the sand leading directly up to the person from the left that has a blaintantly obvious and damn near perfect rectangular shape to it. Almost like the person was dragging something behind him.

In conclusion I do not believe this to be the real picture. NASA and the Gov love to alter pictures before they are released to the public..... What ever this is, person or rock, this picture has been modified in some way or another. I have no doubt in that!

• 2 weeks later...
it appears to be "gangsta leaning!"

lmao.... :lol:

xoxo,

Paola<3

sigh... a 2 inch high interesting shaped rock. Whoopty doo.

I've seen more interesting rocks in West Virginia. There's one 6 foot high boulder on the bank of the river that I canoe down that looks JUST like a gorilla's face!

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/54799ma...smiley_face.gif looks more like something than anything in that picture.

I'd love for it to be an artifact, but it's probably a rock. However, the fact that it is only two inches tall shocks me. The detail is very fine for something so small. It definitely looks like an anomaly.

Oh well, if it isn't a sign of life, it's still a cool pebble.

• 1 month later...

is it that we think taht it's a rock? or that we're too afraid if it wasn't

The light on this picture comes from my right. A big boulder is very well highlighted, and "figure" part is simply a shade, because if it were not the shade, figure would be highlighted in the same manner, from the right. However, figure is not highlighted from the right. The outstretched arm to the elbow is highlighted from the right, as the rest of a stone, but whole figure is defined by reflected light from the surrounding, and it is really a shaded part of the stone that creates an impression of human figure. Unless, this is a person, hiding in a shade of a big stone :).

It could also be figure of a human, which already turned into stone, and this human died in a global Marsian catastrophe long ago. Since figure is positioned as if person is alive, the catastrophe was sudden and fast, like Pompey volcano eruption on Earth.

It could also be figure of a human, which already turned into stone, and this human died in a global Marsian catastrophe long ago. Since figure is positioned as if person is alive, the catastrophe was sudden and fast, like Pompey volcano eruption on Earth.

There is no evidence for any 2" humans anywhere on earth, why would they be on Mars.... did they fly in their tiny spaceships, please.... Pompeii wasnt that fast, by far the majority of citizens escaped.