Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost appears in pals' photograph

Blackwhite

A group of British teenagers had their photo taken on a mobile phone (or, as Americans call it, a cell phone) and a creepy-looking mysterious face was captured in the picture amongst them....

Mysterious 'ghostly' face of child appears in mobile phone photo of teen pals

24th January 2008

Daily Mail

Frightened teenager Matthew Summers was given the creeps after taking a snap of seven friends - and finding a mystery eighth face staring back.

The photograph appears to show the floating ghostly image of a child, which appears to be peeping through between the legs of his friends.

Matthew, who took the haunting picture with his mobile phone, explained: "I zoomed and I saw a face.

linked-image

Ghostly: A ghoulish child stares back as a little girl cries in Matthew Summers' photo

"You can see all the facial expressions and everything. Usually when you see pictures like that it's a blur but this one is really weird.

"I was really shocked because I don't believe in that stuff."

Matthew, from Norton, Teesside, took the picture in his sister's friend's living room.

linked-image

Mysterious: The floating face can can clearly be seen at knee height between two girls

"I've sent it to my girlfriend and she thinks it's a bit weird," he added.

While such pictures are rare, many people have had similar experiences.

The Ghost Research Society has been collecting so-called “hauntings” since 1977 and you can view hundreds of ghoulish photos on their website www.ghostresearch.org

Ghosts are said to be the apparition of a deceased person, frequently similar in appearance to that person.

linked-image

Haunted: Matthew Summers took the mysterious photo on his camera phone

The belief in hauntings is closely tied to ancient ideas that everything in nature has a soul, including human beings, animals, plants, rocks.

One of the oldest accounts of ghosts is in the Egyptian Book of the Dead, which shows dead people reappearing much as they did before death, including the style of dress.

dailymail.co.uk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• RX-7

• Episteme

• sosboots

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. At first glance, it looks pretty odd. I would almost say there really is a little girl back there, it's clear enough, but that just doesn't seem right either...great find!

That definitely looks like a human face alright, although how it got there is another story.

If it's not a ghost, maybe it could be from a malfunction in the cameras memory... Just a thought

That's interesting but I'm still a little skeptic. I also wonder what made the little girl cry, if it was indeed the ghost or not. I wonder what the history of the property was also and if his sister's friend's family ever had any paranormal experiences before this. Like I said very interesting but not a whole lot but a picture to go on.

Well that is deffinitly a cool ghost pic. I usually don't put much stock in ghost pic's but this was taken on his cell phone. I guess it could have been photo shopped and then down loaded to his phone. Ya thats what I think and I'm stickin to it. ;)

LOL, fake. The face doesn't blend in, in any way, to the rest of the picture. Somebody inserted the face into the photo. Looks like another hoax to me.

Well that is deffinitly a cool ghost pic. I usually don't put much stock in ghost pic's but this was taken on his cell phone. I guess it could have been photo shopped and then down loaded to his phone. Ya thats what I think and I'm stickin to it. ;)

It probably may have been the case, although I still don't understand why anyone would opt to fake a ghost picture, given that the embarrassment of being caught out and branded would surely outweigh any publicity gained...

Defiently weird. To me the face looks like the face of the girl in the middle... maybe just some kind of camera malfunction. Does the crying girl seem odd to anyone else? It almost looks fake to me... like someone pasted her in there or something..

Defiently weird. To me the face looks like the face of the girl in the middle... maybe just some kind of camera malfunction. Does the crying girl seem odd to anyone else? It almost looks fake to me... like someone pasted her in there or something..

No - I think that both the ghost face and the girl in the middle both look miserable.

I also think that the girl in the red top looks like she's been pasted on, but I don't think she has, it just looks that way.

Creepy photo mind. :unsure2:

I'm not entirely convinced, but it's very interesting.

I'm surprised there aren't more photos like this on mobile phones. There must be millions of photos taken a day. Maybe there ARE a lot of instances like this, but they just never get noticed.

Cool pic, but strange. There is something about that photo that doesnt seem right. The one thing I noticed about the little girl is she has something on her face, and its not her hair. I cant say if this is real or fake, just seems certain things dont belong there..?? JN

post-53813-1201200318_thumb.jpg

The one thing I noticed about the little girl is she has something on her face, and its not her hair.

to me it looks like the thing protruding might be from something she is holding in her hand, although I could be wrong

Maybe it's just me.....but in the picture of the guy holding up his cell phone, showing the picture he took, i don't see the little girl at all. To the right of the girl in the red top, you can see a dark object, coming to a circular shape behind her. Now go look at the picture with the little girl crying....it looks like she was put in overtop of that dark, rounded object (couch cushion or whatever it is). But maybe it's just too small for me to see properly.

Maybe it's just me.....but in the picture of the guy holding up his cell phone, showing the picture he took, i don't see the little girl at all. To the right of the girl in the red top, you can see a dark object, coming to a circular shape behind her. Now go look at the picture with the little girl crying....it looks like she was put in overtop of that dark, rounded object (couch cushion or whatever it is). But maybe it's just too small for me to see properly.

It's not just you.

No, I'm pretty sure I can make out the little girl crying who's in the larger photo. I can see the ligher area that's her shirt, and the girl in the red was not 'large' (trying to be PC) enough in the bigger photo to have her butt and thighs be that large in the smaller photo. :)

this was in our local paper

i belive it is real

Picture 2

Karl Hovarth's picture taken in a graveyard at Acklam.

Edit- Photo's now attachments due to originals distorting the thread page.-Lottie

post-2592-1201286214_thumb.jpg

Edited by kellie76

The apparition must be more than just the head because it stays dark below it where you should be able to see part of the wall.

To me there is 6 young adults and 2 children. The kid is real and only playfully hiding in the shadow. The other kid is being a brat. The lady that is holding the bottle looks like Mary Kate Olsen…

I really liked the picture of the graveyard. Its on my desktop. Awesome. I never do see England’s graveyards. Please post more!

post-14229-1201226226_thumb.jpg

Nah...the crying kid looks blurrier than the true snap. The kid is closer than anyone in the photo yet is blurry...or "fuzzy"-

Nice try though...

Considering we saw all images on the guy's cell phone photo, I say its authentic. However the one thing that haunts me is the little girl, and NOT that she is crying thats why toddlers do. But she has some strange ecto or something on her face. Anyone??

post-53813-1201236679_thumb.jpg