Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100,000-year-old human skull found

UM-Bot

user posted image rAn almost complete human skull fossil that could date back 100,000 years was unearthed in Henan last month, Chinese archaeologists announced Tuesday. "It is the greatest discovery in China after the Peking Man and Upper Cave Man skull fossils were found in Beijing early last century, and will shed light on a critical period of human evolution," said Shan Jixiang, director of the State Administration of Cultural Heritage.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: China Daily

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Truffles

Imagine if they could semi put it back together and have one of those artists-I dont know what they're called, but they make replicas of peoples actual faces from skulls- make an image from it. Id be curious what they'd get.

• 3 weeks later...
Imagine if they could semi put it back together and have one of those artists-I dont know what they're called, but they make replicas of peoples actual faces from skulls- make an image from it. Id be curious what they'd get.

I think the term you're looking for is facial reconstruction or forensic art. Those guys have talent to recreate a face of the past. It's quite amazing to see the results.