Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where have all the skeptics gone ?

UM-Bot

eye.jpg
T. Stokes: With the release of suppressed U.F.O files from all around the world, and the promise of other Governments to follow suit, a universal quiet has descended, and the usual scoffers have remained very tight lipped, statements from former astronauts have added to the mass of knowledge now in the public domain. Similarly with the usage of E.V.P and the now new technology, where whole conversations can be snatched from the past in A.E.V.P (Advanced E.V.P) has left many former skeptics in a quandary, the listening and taping of sounds and voices from the silent ether, was documented with curiosity by spymaster Peter Wright the writer of “spycatcher” while inventing and experimenting with eavesdropping devices during the Cyprus crisis. The knowledge that every single U S President since the start of W.W.II has employed astrologers, is defended by senior staff by the statement; “ we may employ astrologers but that does not mean we take their advice”.

Paranormal investigators now use some very hi-tech kit at haunted locations, and skeptics outwitted by experts, science and experience, have become confused and hostile. Prof. J. Manning has endorsed the findings of palmists across the world in his digit comparison studies, and American University research last month under Leif Neilson confirmed that Numerology has a scientific base that is verifiable and repeatable. Last year hostility from skeptics to my talks on the paranormal, reached a crescendo when at the Red Lion hall, the lady who seats people was punched in the face and the whole meeting broken up by jeering rowdies. Top researcher Victor Zammit offers a million pounds for proof of skeptical claims, in the same way Phrenology and Psychology were debunked. Yet where are the skeptics now ? where are the dissenting voices ? they seem to have slid away back under the floorboards.

Carl Jung called an overly skeptical mind-frame, “Misodneism” and with its links to Atheism and Communism, saw it as unhealthy and linked it to depression, which the British Medical Journal says will be the biggest killer of people by the year 2012. But there is wisdom in the rubbish, we must question the current belief of those who pay high prices for Jesus tokens, curse removal or believe mass produced newspaper solar-scopes, and pay huge sums for bottles of Quabbalah water to bless their homes children and bank accounts, and you can buy instant tuning to be healers for large monetary sums, those who allow gypsies into their homes for lucky heather and scam readings, are only surpassed by the adverts for send me an angel to watch over me for 50 dollars, unfortunately there is as much fakery in the paranormal as in skepticism, but public skepticism has led the British government to damage limitation exercises which have extended to, a fit-up over the death of Dr. David Kelly, a laughable Iraq inquiry and now years on, one on Princess Diana, all of course with pre-determined outcomes.

The disbelief in the official line has brought in a new word to our vocabulary for double speak; “Rumsfelding” buyer beware.

T Stokes

* No skeptics quacks or nutters were harmed during the writing of this article

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Picturesque Orion

• Unlimited

• SparkOfOm

• kobie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice article. however I didn't notice that the sceptics have gone under ground :blink:

linked-image

Yet where are the skeptics now ? where are the dissenting voices?

They seem to have slid away back under the floorboards.

They're all here on Unexplained Mysteries .com :devil:

Well, I see the designation here a bit differently. Skeptics suspend judgement without definitive evidence; disbelievers are the ones who've already come to the conclusion that there's *nothing at all* to UFOs. Just my take on it all.

full disclosure is coming..and the skeptics will all be silenced...

I think as scientific devices and techniques are developed to detect the paranormal skeptics will eventually have to accept the unbelievable.

I think as scientific devices and techniques are developed to detect the paranormal skeptics will eventually have to accept the unbelievable.

When using a camera, can you really say what you caught is a ghost or a shadow, tree, moisture (orbs), etc... ? You cannot say with all security that what you have caught is paranormal, so technological devices don't help much to prove anything.

Same with EVPs, there is no evidence of EVPs being actual spirit voices. Same with rods.

So I don't see anyskeptics acepting any belief in the category of the paranormal field any soon.

Why does "T. Stokes" think that there is more evidence for UFO aliens, and EVP, etc. than that evidence which has previously been investigated?

That's the "point' of this article...the idea that there is now some new form of conclusive (or convincing) evidence for these things...sorry, but there is not...

This might be the "perceived" reason why skeptics aren't attacking more "vigorously"...there is really nothing (no matter what the believers think) "new" to attack.

But I would like to comment on the EVP idea. Voices are produced by the movement of air through the vocal chords...now If a ghost is immaterial, then how in the heck would it be able to produce voices without the use of vocal chords?

Edited by the_UNKNOWN_DEAD

But I would like to comment on the EVP idea. Voices are produced by the movement of air through the vocal chords...now If a ghost is immaterial, then how in the heck would it be able to produce voices without the use of vocal chords?

That is unknown and there is no way to prove it, and so it stands as belief, far from fact.

Well, I see the designation here a bit differently. Skeptics suspend judgement without definitive evidence; disbelievers are the ones who've already come to the conclusion that there's *nothing at all* to UFOs. Just my take on it all.

Exactly. Its like " Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up". :lol:

Everyone is skeptical about something... Certainly no one can believe everything they hear.

Everyone is skeptical about something... Certainly no one can believe everything they hear.

Don't be so sure of that.

The skeptics are still here baby!

yep! they still are.. they still are.. xD

The skeptics are still here baby!

but the believers are outnumbering you....theres a war on the truth going in texas...watch the skys eric you might see something.

Skepticism works both ways for me, I ain't biased I question everything, lol! especially authority (governments etc etc) the higher & mightier they are the more suspect i am. ''Think'' for yourselves. Other wise we may as well be blindfolded and led around on a leash.

But thats just me...

full disclosure is coming..and the skeptics will all be silenced...

Ahh yes - "Death to the non-believers", which is usually followed by "But we aren't some religious cult!"

Ahh yes - "Death to the non-believers", which is usually followed by "But we aren't some religious cult!"

huh..... :wacko:

but the believers are outnumbering you....theres a war on the truth going in texas...watch the skys eric you might see something.

First of all this is not a 'war'.

And second, there are more believers because todays society is easilly influenced, manipulated, lied to, by the media. Basically, today's society believes everything they see on TV and on Youtube.... wich isn't exactly good. What they put on TV isnt' exactly 'evidence', well this is a complicated subject you you get the basic idea.

Just look around you and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Alex01

Skepticism works both ways for me, I ain't biased I question everything, lol! especially authority (governments etc etc) the higher & mightier they are the more suspect i am. ''Think'' for yourselves. Other wise we may as well be blindfolded and led around on a leash.

But thats just me...

I completely agree ! I know some people think I'm an linked-imagesometimes, but how can I

get any answers if I don't ask any questions, To me blind faith is an amoebic way to live your life

todays society is easilly influenced, manipulated, lied to, by the media

You mean today's western society, most especially american society, is easily influenced.. by the 'establishment' media.

There are alternative news stations and web sites that offer a different perspective. Not just the political / business narrative that floods US airwaves. And with so many of these establishments all writing the same pre determined narrative it's no wonder that people begin to believe them. Brainwashed by them. It's like a wall of media lies with their own agendas and special interests. Noone has the guts to speak about actual relevant subjects in the world today, well not many anyway and definitely not for long. Whether it be from fear of getting fired or ridiculed or whatever it may be.

It's also our responsibility to investigate the truth for ourselves. Especially issues that are important to us. Not just to take things at face value. But our society is getting so lazy now. People don't want to spend the time to find out for themselves anymore. The obesity epidemic alone points to the growing laziness that's infecting us in our society.

There IS good media out there, we just have to find it.

I agree with you Alex. But there's definitely an awakening happening. More and more people are realizing how much we've actually been lied to and are now taking a stand. Our voices are being heard. We are nolonger being distracted with a saturation of media intent on dumbing us down while the political and business elite take this great nation of America and not just America but every free sovereign nation and all our civil liberties away from us.

We will not be left in the dark. We will not be Oppressed !!

You mean today's western society, most especially american society, is easily influenced.. by the 'establishment' media.

There are alternative news stations and web sites that offer a different perspective. Not just the political / business narrative that floods US airwaves. And with so many of these establishments all writing the same pre determined narrative it's no wonder that people begin to believe them. Brainwashed by them. It's like a wall of media lies with their own agendas and special interests. Noone has the guts to speak about actual relevant subjects in the world today, well not many anyway and definitely not for long. Whether it be from fear of getting fired or ridiculed or whatever it may be.

It's also our responsibility to investigate the truth for ourselves. Especially issues that are important to us. Not just to take things at face value. But our society is getting so lazy now. People don't want to spend the time to find out for themselves anymore. The obesity epidemic alone points to the growing laziness that's infecting us in our society.

There IS good media out there, we just have to find it.

I agree with you Alex. But there's definitely an awakening happening. More and more people are realizing how much we've actually been lied to and are now taking a stand. Our voices are being heard. We are nolonger being distracted with a saturation of media intent on dumbing us down while the political and business elite take this great nation of America and not just America but every free sovereign nation and all our civil liberties away from us.

We will not be left in the dark. We will not be Oppressed !!

Would Coast to Coast, rense.com, et al be examples of "good media"?

Would Coast to Coast, rense.com, et al be examples of "good media"?

Of course!! Only they tell "the truth". They won't be oppressed by "the man".

...and that pesky little thing called evidence, well, they don't need any of that. Everyone knows scientific evidence is "controlled" by the government.

(Pardon me while I wash this taste of credulousness out of my mouth.) :D

Everyone knows scientific evidence is "controlled" by the government.

Of course it's controlled.

Such as the case of climate research and climate change. The paper was already approved by government scientists. But a Bush White House official 'edited government reports in ways that played down links between global warming and emissions.' This government official is a former oil industry advocate. The craziest part of all this is that this guy is the chief of staff for the White House Council on Environmental Quality.

How absurd is that?

Bush aide 'edited climate papers'

another link

Bush Aide Softened Greenhouse Gas Links to Global Warming

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the paranormal, but the implications are of a monumental scale that will affect all of us in the end. It goes to show that the government definitely doesn't share in the interests of the american people and will cater to 'special interests' to futher their own corrupt and illegal agendas.