Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

powers

soccerdude

ive heard of people having powers. like aerokinesis and telekinesis and others like that. if i hav a power like this. how will i know? i mean i think i hav 1 i just cant put my finger on it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• Atheist God

• tinieblas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you describe the experiences you've had that make you think you might have an ability? Then someone might be able to help you. :)

For one I doubt you'd be asking in the first place. The only reason anyone with actual powers would visit this site is to maybe find someone who could do something similar to him/her. Otherwise I think this site may encourage people suffuring from psychosis into complete insanity. I think most if not all people in here have nothing which would be considered out of the ordinary, I really dont want to be mean but I really dont like where some people here could lead individuals who are suffering from mental health issues.

For one I doubt you'd be asking in the first place. The only reason anyone with actual powers would visit this site is to maybe find someone who could do something similar to him/her. Otherwise I think this site may encourage people suffuring from psychosis into complete insanity. I think most if not all people in here have nothing which would be considered out of the ordinary, I really dont want to be mean but I really dont like where some people here could lead individuals who are suffering from mental health issues.

The idea that some kid with mental health issues could believe they have a super power and in return hurt themselves or others is not all that far fetched. There are plenty of documented cases of children harming other children and themselves or even killing themselves and others.

To be honest I never really thought of this issue before you brought it up, I honestly would not be surprised to hear some day that some kid who visits this website and buys into these abilities actually ends up on the news for one of the reasons above.... Law suit much?

i see it as a comunity where open discusion can take place about topics that are to far out of the norm for your average person.

if a kid is going to hurt themselvs, don't you think that the parents of these children with problems should be able to see it.

if they don't then who is going to be blamed ( judas priest, or any other band ) when this happens the parents don't take responsability in their part of how the kid ended up in that situation in the first place.

shouldn't the home be that place where questions can be asked?

where a kid gets guidence?

before anyone goes pointing fingers in hypothetical situations, dont you think the kids should be able to talk to their parents?

if they can't, the n the kid is doomed anyway, and the parents will try and find some scapegoat to blame it on.

who would want to admit their failings as a parent?

no family can hang the sign, no problems here. chinese proverb.

i see it as a comunity where open discusion can take place about topics that are to far out of the norm for your average person.

if a kid is going to hurt themselvs, don't you think that the parents of these children with problems should be able to see it.

You would be surprised how naive the average person can be..

As for the parents it depends, kids especially in their early-late teens somewhat drift away from the parents a little bit and when I say hurt themselves I mean not intentionally kinda like the kids who imitate Jackass.

if they don't then who is going to be blamed ( judas priest, or any other band ) when this happens the parents don't take responsability in their part of how the kid ended up in that situation in the first place.

Your assuming these kids want to hurt themselves when that wasn't the point made.

Kids who believe they can fly then jump out of a window for example have no intention on killing themselves they are simply delusional. This kind of thing has happened before... A recent example would be a kid in China who doused another kid with gasoline and set him ablaze claiming he was casting an immolate spell from world of warcraft. Another example would be my cousin Tim who believed he could float to the ground with an umbrella and jumped out a window... He didn't die but it took him about a decade to recover fully from his injuries.

shouldn't the home be that place where questions can be asked?

where a kid gets guidence?

If someone thinks they can do something why would they go to the parents first? Many kids don't think before they act and just do stuff like this on the fly.

Many parents as well are certainly not role models for their children... No offense to some of the older people here with kids claiming they are telekinetic etc but putting a child in this type of environment is asking for trouble.

before anyone goes pointing fingers in hypothetical situations, dont you think the kids should be able to talk to their parents?

if they can't, the n the kid is doomed anyway, and the parents will try and find some scapegoat to blame it on.

If I was a kid and i told my mom or dad i thought i could fly they would simply say i couldn't.... If I had the internet as a kid I would likely find myself at a website similar to this where people would encourage me to work at it etc.

Fact is if someone came here and thought they could fly and people encouraged them to practice their power and that kid kills them self then the said person is then indirectly responsible for their injuries or even death... The backlash would quickly then be turned onto the forum staff and admin for not stopping the members from encouraging this type of activity.

I hardly doubt 99% of parents out there think there kid will hurt themselves or another person as the result of thinking they have super powers.

who would want to admit their failings as a parent?

The answer is pretty obvious....

I still fail to see the logic in blaming the parents if say a member here encouraged their child to attempt and fly. It's not like the myspace suicide in which the parents allowed their daughter to carry on an online relationship with a complete stranger. I hardly doubt any parent would think to block a website such as this simply because they are unaware of it.

The parent doesn't fail if an outside influence indirectly causes their child to hurt themselves unintentionally.

Fact is kids are easily influenced not just this way either but there is a reason for example Heroes is recommended for a more mature audience... In some cases obviously mental instability is involved but kids in general are just easily influenced which is why the rule about asking how to do XYZ kinesis is beneficial to these boards... I would personally like to see a rule prohibiting the discussion of obvious BS powers which would free up space here to have discussion about more plausible metaphysical topics.

This all being said from a legal standpoint if a website like this had members that had contributed to a kids death there would be a law suit and I guarantee the parents win simply because the judge will be more sympathetic to their cause.

i mean my hands tingle really bad sometimes like electricity is going through them. and i get hot sometimes 4 no reason. i mean i go 2 school in shorts when its like 40 degrees outside and not get cold. umm i get sick rarely. i sometimes know when some1 calls b4 they do. and i can think about something and a few seconds later it happen. like about a show on tv.

i mean my hands tingle really bad sometimes like electricity is going through them. and i get hot sometimes 4 no reason. i mean i go 2 school in shorts when its like 40 degrees outside and not get cold. umm i get sick rarely. i sometimes know when some1 calls b4 they do. and i can think about something and a few seconds later it happen. like about a show on tv.

If you think you have some power, then have your science teacher set up some tests. Real easy to prove or disprove. Don't give excuses of why you cant. Just do it.

Wait! Before we add to the burden of some poorly paid, overworked civil servant:

This thread started out with your thinking you had some unusual power, but you didn't know what it was. I stand with Nightangel1282, who wrote

Can you describe the experiences you've had that make you think you might have an ability? Then someone might be able to help you.

You wear shorts when it's 40 degrees? (5 degrees Celsius for the rest of the world, who would go naked if it were 40 degrees). I live in a colder clime, but around here, if it's 40 degrees, a lot of people wear shorts. We call it spring.

And your hands tingle? Under what circumstances? Please don't say after you have sat on them or shook them in the air for two minutes.

You don't get sick? That's wonderful. And you're smart enough to figure out who might be calling you and what's on TV. Four billion years of evolution weren't all a waste: we resist disease and can figure out at least the small things in life.

The poor teacher has to have something to test before he or she can be drafted into this project.

(BTW, Eric, thanks for the note... reading your posts is a guilty pleasure for me. Peace.).

Edited by eight bits

my hands start tingling out of nowhere

It happens... there are several rational explanations to explain everything you describe.

That is a symptom, not a power.

If you think you have some power, then have your science teacher set up some tests. Real easy to prove or disprove. Don't give excuses of why you cant. Just do it.

Oh the science teacher theory again? Well like pistochaos said, you go find a teacher who will not laugh at you when you explain your theory before asking people to see them.

That sounds like electrokinesis. But its usually when you feel the tingling that you feel hot. At other times its normal.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

Oh the science teacher theory again? Well like pistochaos said, you go find a teacher who will not laugh at you when you explain your theory before asking people to see them.

Who cares if he laughs at you. I bet he would set up the test if you act seriously about it.Just to prove you wrong if nothing else. Its just excuses by psi kids once again.

That sounds like electrokinesis. But its usually when you feel the tingling that you feel hot. At other times its normal.

OR maybe just circulation. :no:

Who cares if he laughs at you. I bet he would set up the test if you act seriously about it.Just to prove you wrong if nothing else. Its just excuses by psi kids once again.

Oh? Just to prove you wrong? Then its an unfair test.

OR maybe just circulation.

Indeed. Just as you believe.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

Oh? Just to prove you wrong? Then its an unfair test.

OR maybe just circulation.

Indeed. Just as you believe.

If you have whatever said power then no matter how tough the test you could never be proven wrong.

I'm just going to laugh at this thread.

Honestly, lighten up on him.

Them.

W/ev.

You've explained like three times to him rational things that could be what's up.

To soccerdude, I say simply, keep an open mind.

That which is there is not there, and that which does not exist exists.

If that confuses anyone, and they say it's nonsense well...Unfortunately, I refuse to explain that one.

Let's see if 500,000 years of evolution actually did prove useful.

Personally, I do not believe that you have "powers".

Possibly to a small extent an overactive circulatory system. But other than that...nothing.

Best of luck to you on that test with you'n your teacher. :innocent:

-Kassiel

Honestly, lighten up on him. Them. W/ev.

Not whatever. The original poster is differently situated from his claque.

It is perfectly reasonable to "compare notes." Hey, I differ from other people because <insert list here>. Does that mean <insert synonym for "I am unusual" here>?

The claque, however, visibly flirts with flamebaiting. There is nothing unusual in the OP's list. Even to mention "it could be <insert comic-book thought-balloon word here>" predictably draws the righteous wrath of the k company. Game on.

And there is no foundation for it in the OP. Nothing. (BTW, congrats to the k corps on this one... low temperature, on-topic, well done.)

That which is there is not there, and that which does not exist exists. If that confuses anyone, and they say it's nonsense well...

No confusion. But my mind is less exalted than yours, so I was thinking about cattle. Nonsense is a good word, too.

I refuse to explain that one.

Thank you.

That which is there is not there, and that which does not exist exists.

If that confuses anyone, and they say it's nonsense well...Unfortunately, I refuse to explain that one.

Let's see if 500,000 years of evolution actually did prove useful.

You refuse to explain it because your talking out of your a-hole and you can't because it doesn't make sense at all.... I also highly doubt you understand how evolution did work for us.

kids drift away from their parents yes. its called puberty.

if like my upbringing sex was a topic that was not discussed, then i would go looking for answers elswhere.

as for any other topic that may arize. i was fortunate to have lived with a family for a while that had no quams about discussing anything.

and oddly enough, their children ( yes even in puberty ) did not drift all that far, and things were always discussed.

an open enviroment where any topic can be explored in a rational manner is nothing but posative.

such as the topic of psycic powers. with parents that believe that it is fantasy, but are willing to talk about it in an open manner, and take a look at anything that the child may find on the internet, and aproch it with an open mind, is nothing but a posative.

a couple of my friends have kids that are going through puberty and going nuts. so i understand the burden of keeping an open mind to a parent ( i have had my share of dealing with troubled teens, i was one ) if a kid asks a question that is hard, or what seems to be far fetched ( and being easaly influenced ) should be guided in a safer direction. and perhaps other avenues to explore ( music, sports ) as well as being informed about all the bulls##t that is infesting the internet and hollywood ( youtube is a nasty double edged sword, i take anything i see on it with a grain of salt, way to many home movie speilberg wannabees trying to pass off crap as real )

when asked questions from someone who is curios, i try to point them in a safer path ( needed with adults as well )

i know that much of the population that we live amongst is a mess ( dysfuntional is the norm ) and there are a lot of people that are having children that really shouldn't.

but it takes a tribe to raise a child, and anyone that would encourage a kid ( or anyone ) to try to fly, is asking for trouble.

but in the end they are curiouse about the whole topic, being told that it is all fantasy is probably the reason they end up on a forum like this in the first place, so those that have some insight should share with discretion ( there are things that can get you in trouble ) start simple, and if the kid gets board, they will move onto something else.

if not, and they have a hard time dicerning reality from hollywood? then there are deeper problems that the people around them should be adderessing ( including friends )

but in this mad world, it is easier to walk away then to help ( all to common a situation that nobody will help a person in need ) and for kids ( kids can be cruel ) they may have no other place to turn to.

in which case we should take it on as a comunity and ask relavent questions to get them talking in one form or another.

if asked - "can someone fly?" my response. "not in physical form".

logical, safe, and an answer. no doors are closed, and more questions arize, but i am happy and willing to share my experiances on whatever they may ask.

and i have to keep remembering that there are a lot of people on this forum that really point in a positive direction. skeptics included. ( pointing to get things medicaly checked out may be the best bet for some )

or seeking an answer in a field that the kid may never have thought of, is better than saying "thats fantasy". physics for example.

some schools of quantum physics are now pointing in a direction that runs parralel with metaphysical phenominon, and may hold some really promesing results for all those that want good solid evidence of the exsistance of paranormal abilities.

but i am starting to rant ( and get off topic ) so i will leave it at that.

Sounds like you may have a thyroid problem or an autoimmune disease, like lupus. You should see your family health care provider about this immediatly.

Sounds like you may have a thyroid problem or an autoimmune disease, like lupus. You should see your family health care provider about this immediatly.

nah its not the thyroid. i know that feeling, its static energy. no not static as in rubbing ur feet on the carpet and shocking people kind, but heat converted to static.

oh and Kassiel, u were off by about 5.6 billion years. (-_-)\/