Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

powers

soccerdude

Actually there are facts.

Examples:

1. You cannot fly to the moon without some kind of machine (A rocket for instance!) to help.

2. You cannot walk through a solid brick wall.

3. You cannot lift a car off the ground.

4. You cannot run (As on your feet!) 65mph.

These are facts. Understand?

Skeptics make excuses for what exactly? I would like to read some examples.

Remember, skeptics would like to see some of these claims happen! But, skeptics are not the ones making the claims

so, there is no need for excuses on their part; only asking to see some solid evidence.

Regards,

Tom

those are not facts. They are what people think are facts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• Atheist God

• tinieblas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those are not facts. They are what people think are facts.

Well, concidering that you can't seem to think logically! I have nothing further to say to you.

I hope the best for you on your path of learning Electro! But, you have a long way to go.

Regards,

Tom

2. You cannot walk through a solid brick wall.

Considering that the vast vast majority of all things is empty space (between the smallest building blocks of matter), walking through a brick wall is just a matter of trying it over and over until you get lucky enough that the particles that make up your body pass through the empty space between the particles that make up the wall. The fact that attempting this until it worked would take longer than the universe has existed is irrelevant.

As for #3, "a car" is quite a variable and could potentially be anything from a fully loaded SUV, a completely stripped and empty small car (which people have been able to lift), or even a toy car.

I don't necessarily disagree with your premise, I'm just saying that most "facts" have holes.

Edited by Tulisin

Considering that the vast vast majority of all things is empty space (between the smallest building blocks of matter), walking through a brick wall is just a matter of trying it over and over until you get lucky enough that the particles that make up your body pass through the empty space between the particles that make up the wall. The fact that attempting this until it worked would take longer than the universe has existed is irrelevant.

As for #3, "a car" is quite a variable and could potentially be anything from a fully loaded SUV, a completely stripped and empty small car (which people have been able to lift), or even a toy car.

I don't necessarily disagree with your premise, I'm just saying that most "facts" have holes.

Your arguing the semantics, atleast you get my point.

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=2125641:date=Jan 30 2008, 10:29 AM:name=Vanquish)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vanquish @ Jan 30 2008, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2125641"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seriously, getting a pinwheel to spin under a glass will not prove anything. It will though, show how much you do not know about <u><b><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics" target="_blank">thermodynamics</a></b></u>

Regards,

Tom<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tom, I got a psiwheel and put my hands very near it and it did not move. I even cupped my hands as close as possible to the psiwheel. So much tfor thermodynamics.

Thermodynamics is a constant. If the wheel didn't move when your hands were near it, it means they were not hot enough. Plain and simple.

Please, learn what IS and IS NOT possible before you start to try to prove that you have magical powers that defy basic science.

Oh, and graduate from school too. Might want to lay off the cartoons and comics as well.

<!--quoteo(post=2131934:date=Feb 2 2008, 02:11 PM:name=Vanquish)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vanquish @ Feb 2 2008, 02:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2131934"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. You cannot walk through a solid brick wall.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, facts don't have holes. Facts are constants. There is no possible way two solids can pass through each other. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with all the molecules lining up as you have suggested. It has to do with the incredible electrical forces inside atomic particles. If an atom was the size of the period at the end of this sentence, the electrons would be roughly 8 miles away from your computer. Yes, that's a lot of empty space, and to those with no understanding of the sub atomic world, it would seem like that two solids could pass through each other. But two solids cannot pass through each other anymore than two north sides of magnets can magically start attracting each other as if they were north and south.

You're "theory" that two solids could magically pass through each other has absolutely no scientific basis what so ever.

Uum seriously if u feel it then u can control it. I'm advanced in these areas but a lot of u sort of get annoying. Don't ask a question u know the answer to. Plus what would u a mere human do with your power? I have actual jobs i do with my abilities. You always must have a reason.

Uum seriously if u feel it then u can control it. I'm advanced in these areas but a lot of u sort of get annoying. Don't ask a question u know the answer to. Plus what would u a mere human do with your power? I have actual jobs i do with my abilities. You always must have a reason.

sorry to have to tell you this mate but trying to argue with some of these scientific types is like trying to row up a waterfall using a tennis racquet...very tiring, frustrating and ultimately pointless.....I've given up trying except for occasional bouts of bloody-mindedness which overtake me beyond my ability to control! lol

At then end of the day certain scientific sorts will not accept anything not accepted by their vaulted dogma or measurable by folks in white coats.....I've tried, others have tried and it's just not worth it. They like their blinkers and do not wish to be parted from them under any circumstances....pay them no mind and continue to believe what you want, contrary to whatever they try to impose....

here's the dogma; if you can't sell it, make money from it or kill people with it, then it isn't important. No-one can patent psychic ability (by the way, using the term 'power' especially winds them up, i prefer using ability or talent) or mass produce it; no-one can market it to the masses or gift it to those who can pay for it; jealousy also plays a small part because not everyone, including them, has it.

water off a duck's back, mate, that's my advice :)

sorry to have to tell you this mate but trying to argue with some of these scientific types is like trying to row up a waterfall using a tennis racquet...very tiring, frustrating and ultimately pointless.....I've given up trying except for occasional bouts of bloody-mindedness which overtake me beyond my ability to control! lol

At then end of the day certain scientific sorts will not accept anything not accepted by their vaulted dogma or measurable by folks in white coats.....I've tried, others have tried and it's just not worth it. They like their blinkers and do not wish to be parted from them under any circumstances....pay them no mind and continue to believe what you want, contrary to whatever they try to impose....

here's the dogma; if you can't sell it, make money from it or kill people with it, then it isn't important. No-one can patent psychic ability (by the way, using the term 'power' especially winds them up, i prefer using ability or talent) or mass produce it; no-one can market it to the masses or gift it to those who can pay for it; jealousy also plays a small part because not everyone, including them, has it.

water off a duck's back, mate, that's my advice :)

I just don't understand, most skeptics on here are not telling people to stop believing in what they are trying to understand.

But, we are trying to provide some rational explanations and some common sense of what the mind/body can and cannot do.

I just don't understand, most skeptics on here are not telling people to stop believing in what they are trying to understand.

But, we are trying to provide some rational explanations and some common sense of what the mind/body can and cannot do.

I'm sorry Moro but I'm tired of having to argue and defend my opinions pointlessly against as lot of people on here. Youare one of the more reasonable "skeptics" but a lot of them will actually stick to the outlook Ihave represented earlier; that we're either making ip up, misguided or mentally challenged....I''ve had enough personally and will be no longer posting on here very often.

Oh come on tinie, you know as well as anyone else that everyone has their own opinions right? The were fact that someone is deffending their beliefs is not a reason to dislike a general populous.

Skeptics are skeptics untill they experience something that their laws, or theories can not explain. Then in most cases they go almost insane thinking that they are now crazy, or at least they will just disregard whatever just happened as not really happening.

As looking at it from a skeptics point of view by disregarding my own experiences, there are many points but its not about the community of skeptics, but what they base their facts or theories on as a person. Its more than just a label as a skeptic, but as someone who just does not understand. It would be like calling someone stupid if they did not know who found the North American continent. Just because they don't know about something does not mean that they are wrong.

LOL, again another discussion that should be dealt with in Skeptics vs Believers thread :P

I'm sorry G, I'm just tired of the general trend of opinion towards folks like you and I on this board....I think my time here is done as I'm bored with the arguing and point of view posturing......no offense to any poster in particular though; just very busy at the moment :wacko:

I'm comming to the same conclusion tinie...

Though I'm here to help those who WANT to learn, and are experiencing things that science can not explain... The skeptics here ruined it for dozens, perhaps hundreds of peoples lives I would have touched and changed.

Anyone willing to dispute this fact I would love for you too meet the dozen + people I've already helped...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry G, I'm just tired of the general trend of opinion towards folks like you and I on this board....I think my time here is done as I'm bored with the arguing and point of view posturing......no offense to any poster in particular though; just very busy at the moment :wacko:

And you don't think the feelings are mutual, you somehow don't think that people getting harassed for having a skeptical point of view on cotroversial subjects gets tiresome? Trust me you are not getting singled out. It's just people have a wide array of opinions and some people express their opinions rather harshly, but you just have to let it go sometimes and carry on. Some peoples minds cannot be changed, its the same for both sides.

Jus to let u ppl know, yes ppl can move things without touching em, ppl can communicate through mind, i have touched a someone without actually being present or using my hand. there r certain ppl in the world that r born with these gifts or abilities

And you don't think the feelings are mutual, you somehow don't think that people getting harassed for having a skeptical point of view on cotroversial subjects gets tiresome? Trust me you are not getting singled out. It's just people have a wide array of opinions and some people express their opinions rather harshly, but you just have to let it go sometimes and carry on. Some peoples minds cannot be changed, its the same for both sides.

Oh I agree Moro, I thought perhaps I could change the minds of some, now I see I cannot....such is life. But some people treat this as a game and are obviously out to score points and so on; this is what bores me, I'm too old for that testosterone thing and have much more important things in my life at the moment. However, when you're just startin to get somewhere with a topic, or spend ages typing out and researching a post, only to have someone who has not even read it dismiss it in one sentence (which is against forum rules apparently) is dispiriting. Some people do not actually want to debate, Moro, not you who, as I have said before, are polite and reasonable and do your best to debate and not sink to insults.

Don't worry mate, as I said before too, I'm not at all insecure and actually debate like this in real life, not just on here :) (unlike some others I wager!)

But I hate going off topic also, sorry.

Jus to let u ppl know, yes ppl can move things without touching em, ppl can communicate through mind, i have touched a someone without actually being present or using my hand. there r certain ppl in the world that r born with these gifts or abilities

show me.

thanks.

Then you can win a million dollars!

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

*Snip*

So please, for the sake of humanity, claim this prize as soon as possible. You owe it to all the starving children in the world.

Edited by SupeRgirl
Silly rant removed

soccerdude, I'll tell you a little game to play to see if you have psychic powers. It's cheap and you can do it all by yourself. Take a regular deck of playing cards, take out the jokers and any other spare cards. You should have 52 cards, half red, half black. Shuffle the cards real good and lay them on the table, face down. Get a notepad and pencil. Look at the back of the first card and try to imagine it in your mind as to what color it is. Write it down on your pad. Don't look at the card. Do the same with each card in the deck. Turn the deck over and compare the cards to your chart. Write down how many you got right. Play this little game every chance you get. When you get to where you are correct most of the time, start trying to pick out the suits, then the actual card. Even if you never get to where you can pick out any more than 50% consistantly, you definately have the power. There's a special deck of cards made for this game which is probably better. They're called Rhine Cards, but a regular deck will work. Keep us posted on how you're doing with it. KennyB