Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

powers

soccerdude

Oh? Just to prove you wrong? Then its an unfair test.

OR maybe just circulation.

Indeed. Just as you believe.

that test was aimed at me! oh and i was laughed at. but that does not mean i have failed and am done! i am practicing at spinning a pinwheel under glass and am progressing! soon people will see me and open their eyes wide in disbelief! and then i will be assassinated by big brother government!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

• Atheist God

• tinieblas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that test was aimed at me! oh and i was laughed at. but that does not mean i have failed and am done! i am practicing at spinning a pinwheel under glass and am progressing! soon people will see me and open their eyes wide in disbelief! and then i will be assassinated by big brother government!

Seriously, getting a pinwheel to spin under a glass will not prove anything. It will though, show how much you do not know about thermodynamics

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Vanquish

Seriously, getting a pinwheel to spin under a glass will not prove anything. It will though, show how much you do not know about thermodynamics

Regards,

Tom

Tom, I got a psiwheel and put my hands very near it and it did not move. I even cupped my hands as close as possible to the psiwheel. So much tfor thermodynamics.

Tom, I got a psiwheel and put my hands very near it and it did not move. I even cupped my hands as close as possible to the psiwheel. So much tfor thermodynamics.

I'm sorry you cannot get it to work! But, this is how it spins, you don't even have to be around the pinwheel,

and it will spin due to fluctuations in the temperature of the room.

I myself, have got a pinwheel to spin several times just messing around.

Regards,

Tom

It works for me every time... Your hands have to be warmer then the surrounding air in the room for it to work.

It works for me every time... Your hands have to be warmer then the surrounding air in the room for it to work.

You are correct, thats all it takes. The same applies for the pinwheel being under a glass as well.

Regards,

Tom

Even in the fridge?

Especially in a colder area! Your hands will be warmer than the surrounding temperature.

But I put it in the fridge, Put my hands in warm water and it still did not work.

It could be something as simple as the materials you used to the way you folded the paper.

I used a standard eraser, sewing needle, and a 4x4in. sheet of writing paper.

Following this diagram...

post-29090-1201669939_thumb.jpg

It could be something as simple as the materials you used to the way you folded the paper.

I used a standard eraser, sewing needle, and a 4x4in. sheet of writing paper.

Following this diagram...

post-29090-1201669939_thumb.jpg

Thats how I did it too...

The only rational explanations here are that:

A: You made the pinwheel wrong.

B: You have no hands.

Congratulations, Electrokinesis. You are a better scientist than some of your critics.

So. here's the deal. Failure to replicate a result that's in the literature is serious business. Either the original reporter lied (umm, scientists are a pretty truthful bunch), or screwed up (that happens a lot), or you didn't actually do the same things.

A detailed report:

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Uncovered%20psi%20wheel.html

Please try to reproduce that. Here are some helpful hints.

Hint 1. When you read it, you will see that "thermodynamics" is an unhelpful description of how this author got his wheel to spin. The specific mechanism is called "convective air flow." Convective air flow requires not only a difference in temperature, but also a source, destination, and clear path of flow for the air - a path that crosses the pinwheel.

Difference in temperature, by itself, will accomplish nothing.

Hint 2. Although the experiments are presented in a particular order (chronologically), it is far easier to reproduce the last experiment first, and then work your way back to the warm hands/cold hands stuff.

So, get six tea mugs and go to work. Note especially the arrangement of the tea mugs: there is a pair of big gaps, about half a mug diameter (maybe a bit more or less) each, at opposite ends of the "circle." That takes care of the source, destination and clear path of flow business. Note also that the mugs are taller than their diameter, that helps regulate the air flow, too.

(You are sort of building a chimney, and the gaps are sort of the fireplaces - the idea is to allow the heat of the water to draw a draft through the chimney).

I think you'll get that to work if you "mind the gap."

Hint 3. Apply what you learned about "chimney building" to the smaller effects that he achieves with his hands. One thing you have learned is that gaps at the "finger" and "palm" ends strongly influence the results. Use it. The parallelism and verticality of the hands may also be the difference between an effect that you can really see, and one that sputters or fails outright.

And finally, the ability to move a pinwheel by convective air movement does not prove that it is impossible to move the same pinwheel preternaturally.

What it does accomplish is to make possible a discussion of pinwheel spinning, and provides guidance for you to design other experiments to explore your abilities without the results being contaminated by this particular bit of homely physics.

Good luck with your investigations.

Edited by eight bits

nah its not the thyroid. i know that feeling, its static energy. no not static as in rubbing ur feet on the carpet and shocking people kind, but heat converted to static.

oh and Kassiel, u were off by about 5.6 billion years. (-_-)\/

Humans haven't been around as long as the earth has, smart one.

Remember there was the precambrian and all that other nonsense before this era.

We've only been around for like 500,000 years.

Good luck with that.

i can MAKE my hands tingle...i realised i can do it ever since i first read this site when i was like 14...not once did i believe that it was electro/pyro/mayo-kenisis.....however i must admit i did get sucked into the psi wheel craze....until then i realised that it was again all down to heat....truthfully tho, anyone that thinks their tingly hands are a result of special powers should just do some basic research on what makes your hands tingle...but if not..how knows u could be spiderman

There are three commonly-encountered methods of heat transfer: convection, conduction... and radiation.

Convection is heat transfer by mass motion of a fluid such as air or water when the heated fluid is caused to move

away from the source of heat, carrying energy with it. Convection above a hot surface occurs because hot air expands,

becomes less dense, and rises.

Conduction is heat transfer by means of molecular agitation within a material without any motion of the material as a whole.

See diagram below...

post-29090-1201704789_thumb.jpg

The more you learn about how these three methods work, the more easy it will be to understand how a pin/psiwheel spins.

Regards,

Tom

My psiwheel is made of A4 Printing paper And I cut of a part so it would be square. And I Folded that into a psiwheel. That did not move. May I be so bold as to ask you to make a psiwheel from that paper size. Or if you don't like it, could you tell me the paper size you use?

Thanks

Oh but tough is not the problem. Rigged is the problem.

You are full of excuses. Are you so scared to prove yourself? :no:

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

Hey Electro just remember...skepticism as our friend Eric here has lot's of, is defined in it's most basic form as the idea that nothing that is absolute. To trully say that nothing is absolute is to say that skepticism itself is not absolute, as well as science...

Therefore Electro, you can not win with a skeptic because skeptics have locked themselves in universal doubt. They believe what they choose to believe which tends to be what's easy to believe. So Electro contemplate this saying for me now... "Wise words fall on deaf ears" And remember the intellectual man wins the argument almost every time. The wise man is right.

Of course nothing is absolute, that is unless proven as a fact.

Can anyone on here absolutely beyond doubt, prove what they claim can indeed be done? Things are always easier

said than done.

Regards,

Tom

Hey Electro just remember...skepticism as our friend Eric here has lot's of, is defined in it's most basic form as the idea that nothing that is absolute. To trully say that nothing is absolute is to say that skepticism itself is not absolute, as well as science...

Therefore Electro, you can not win with a skeptic because skeptics have locked themselves in universal doubt. They believe what they choose to believe which tends to be what's easy to believe. So Electro contemplate this saying for me now... "Wise words fall on deaf ears" And remember the intellectual man wins the argument almost every time. The wise man is right.

Thanks

Of course nothing is absolute, that is unless proven as a fact.

Can anyone on here absolutely beyond doubt, prove what they claim can indeed be done? Things are always easier

said than done.

Regards,

Tom

So? There is no such thing as fact. Besides I don't think that the skeptics try to prove their point either. They make excuses too.

You are full of excuses. Are you so scared to prove yourself?

The above post by me is for you as well

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

Thanks

So? There is no such thing as fact. Besides I don't think that the skeptics try to prove their point either. They make excuses too.

The above post by me is for you as well

Actually there are facts.

Examples:

1. You cannot fly to the moon without some kind of machine (A rocket for instance!) to help.

2. You cannot walk through a solid brick wall.

3. You cannot lift a car off the ground.

4. You cannot run (As on your feet!) 65mph.

These are facts. Understand?

Skeptics make excuses for what exactly? I would like to read some examples.

Remember, skeptics would like to see some of these claims happen! But, skeptics are not the ones making the claims

so, there is no need for excuses on their part; only asking to see some solid evidence.

Regards,

Tom

Well let's see....if I could have any power in the world....It would be to have Pryo-kenesis. You know, being able to create fire just by thinking about it. Like snapping my fingers and it starting up whenever I want it to, or being able to make fireballs, etc. But here in reality, my mind is the best and strongest power that I have. The mind is the best tool in any situation. Trust me.

Well let's see....if I could have any power in the world....It would be to have Pryo-kenesis. You know, being able to create fire just by thinking about it. Like snapping my fingers and it starting up whenever I want it to, or being able to make fireballs, etc. But here in reality, my mind is the best and strongest power that I have. The mind is the best tool in any situation. Trust me.

Yes, and you understand that its alright to imagine sometimes! But, you also understand that people are limited

to what they can do. Don't get me wrong people can do some extraordinary things! But, there are limitations.

Regards,

Tom

Lol wow