Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two reasons why atheists have faith

brave_new_world

No they were not you just did not read all of it.

You are correct. I apologize.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brave_new_world

• Beckys_Mom

• Raptor

• truethat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sad.....really sad...completly off topic and still goes on

Atheists don't acknowledge a god beacause they have no reason to. It has nothing to do with belief.

Simple and straight forward...

Edited by Vanquish

Atheists can have faith. I'm an atheist. I have faith in the human race.

Do I have faith in the Judeo-Christian God? Not at all.

But, I can still have faith.

True but you will get tld you are a believer...and it will be masked as though its religious

True but you will get tld you are a believer...and it will be masked as though its religious

I just dont get it. What is religious about not having faith or believing in a god?

I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

Regards,

Tom

I respect your faith. :) You are a believer in your own truth.

Edited by brave_new_world

I just dont get it. What is religious about not having faith or believing in a god?

Regards,

Tom

When it is placed on a religious spirituality board...people (sadly it happens)...try and make it out as though these non believers are believers..its weird and silly but you always get that one or two lol

Taken from truthism.com

"As all truth messengers already know, human beings always stand in the way of one trying to spread the truth, via such tactics as peer pressure and ridicule. If one ever mentions the truth to a human being, the human being will quickly attempt to suck that person back into the mindless reality that is referred to, here on Earth, as the "real world." The truth is an enemy of humanity. So, if you are a slave to the human race, then you will forever keep the truth at arm's length. Therefore, you must pick one: humanity or the truth.

Humanity's mainstream conception of reality exists merely for the sake of keeping society functioning and orderly. However, human beings incorrectly think that this synthetic conception of reality is reality. Worse yet, fake truth seekers try to get the truth to conform to this synthetic conception of reality.

ote that the only people offended by this kind of anti-science information are those who worship Earth's authority figures. Although, these people will explain away such an accusation by claiming that science is synonymous with rationality, and therefore is simply the best way to seek the truth.

In actuality, however, science is merely pseudo-rational: Science rejects the existence of certain phenomena, not because these phenomena aren't real, but rather because the truth about these phenomena would incriminate the ruling elite. So, science is a fascist form of truth-seeking, and you pseudo-rationalists worship the dictatorial authority figures of science.

Furthermore, the word "official" should not be associated with the word "rational." Science is indeed an official government doctrine, yet it is not completely rational. The scientific community, in a bizarre and irrational manner, completely blows off the concept of government secrets. Science, by design and necessity, always downplays the significance of the government's power.

Science must downplay the significance of the government's power because it is of the utmost importance that the ignorant followers of science who are not "in the know," such as the common atheist, only think within the framework of status quo reality. If science did not downplay the significance of the government's power, then people would quickly realize that science is BS and that the status quo conception of reality is also BS. In other words, if people knew what really goes on behind the scenes, then they would quickly realize that science is just another form of control, courtesy of the ruling elite."

In summary, Science is religion removing the spiritual, instead of perverting the spiritual. The spiritual being is the SELF. Getting a bunch of people together every sunday or w/e to be preached at has nothing to do with spirituality.

The only real spirituality anyone can ever find is the one inside themselves. not Bhudda, not Jesus, not Krishna, not the Science community... That is just a way for a person to cop-out on spirituality and put their "faith" = self into an idea they did not create.

Here's a funny fact that people always call me crazy for, regardless they could look up "tesla patent tesla coil" on google and see the US patent. The year was 1897

110+ years ago, and the radio and WIRELESS ENERGY TRANSMISSION had been invented by tesla. The coil's Tesla made could light bulbs wirelessly from miles away, with no transmission lines(which was also tesla's brainchild, for transferring energy as far as you wanted).

Now, the advent of "wireless technology" is the new thing, even though almost every electronic device made since tesla has had a tesla coil in it. That is the knowledge gap, somehow we have been convinced we are an "advanced species", when in fact with it we sacrifice nearly everything else, and know near nothing about technology in the first place!!! doesn't that qualify as being ancient??

Regards,

Tom

Which goes back to my post on page 37, post three or two (I forgot O_o!!)

Theism is the belief in a god. [blod]A[/bold]theism is the belief in NO GOD (some Greek thing or another--look it up). That DOES NOT mean atheists can not have faith. They can have however much faith they want to, it just can't be linked to the belief in a God, 'cos then they aren't atheist O_o.

And to the people arguing about belief and faith based on phonetics, it's pointless. TECHNICALLY they are two different things, but to a common ignorant person, there would be no difference and therefore your reasoning would be useless. In common society (well at least the American society I live in) we intertwine/use "belief" and "faith". People can as easily say "I have faith in God" or "I believe in God" and mean the same thing. It won't matter to them what word they used, just what they meant.