Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where are the ground zero ghosts?

Libranaster

Ok I thought by now the web would be full of ghost stories from the site of the trade tower collapse. Is it too soon are people still in too much pain to even discuss the paranormal experiences that may happen at this site? Is it just wrong to want to go ghost hunting there? I mean it must be crawling with ghosts, it just has to be after the terrifying events of that day.

I mean no disrespect to people who lost their loved one that day my heart goes out to you still and I believe it was the day the world stopped just for a day. Still I was against them building something else there because it would end up haunted and it should just be a memorial to those that passed. I am not sure what they ended up doing with it because the tradgedy was seen around the world but not how it ended up. Any way I don't mean to be disrespectful but if I had the money I would go to America and try to go ghost hunting there.

If anyone has had a supernatural experience there please leave your story. Maybe one day the families of the victims might have some stories like I read a story from world war 2 where a woman says her brother walked in the house and asked for a cup of tea and dissapeared while she was in the kitchen but really he was dieing miles and miles away at war.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Libranaster

• Asphodel

• desertgirl30

• Regency

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There must be some kind of residual, spiritual, ghostly presence, but who's going to let any ghost hunters around the 911 sight to investgate.

Ok I thought by now the web would be full of ghost stories from the site of the trade tower collapse. Is it too soon are people still in too much pain to even discuss the paranormal experiences that may happen at this site? Is it just wrong to want to go ghost hunting there? I mean it must be crawling with ghosts, it just has to be after the terrifying events of that day.

I mean no disrespect to people who lost their loved one that day my heart goes out to you still and I believe it was the day the world stopped just for a day. Still I was against them building something else there because it would end up haunted and it should just be a memorial to those that passed. I am not sure what they ended up doing with it because the tradgedy was seen around the world but not how it ended up. Any way I don't mean to be disrespectful but if I had the money I would go to America and try to go ghost hunting there.

If anyone has had a supernatural experience there please leave your story. Maybe one day the families of the victims might have some stories like I read a story from world war 2 where a woman says her brother walked in the house and asked for a cup of tea and dissapeared while she was in the kitchen but really he was dieing miles and miles away at war.

I don't know if it is still too soon because I'm not particularly sensitive about it. A lot of people are though, so I'll tread lightly. I can imagine a sense of residual agony at the site, but in a way I think the spirits would rather be with their families. I suppose a few could be confused, but I doubt it. Many, if not most, people were aware of the fact that they were going to die.

Edited by Asphodel

I think that maybe reports might appear at some point. However, it's so soon and I think whoever would report it to the media might well get lanced. Imagine going through that grief and having the thought that your loved one might be wondering around and not at peace. It's very sad.

I don't think your going to hear about ghost at this site for a long time if ever sense it touched so many people, This area is hollow ground now...

Yeah it would be really sad to think your loved one didn't move on and that is the main reason I am wondering because all evidence at the moment indicates that all of the spirits may have moved on and if so that is a beautiful thing really. I imagine though maybe one day our children or grandchildren may end up visiting as part of some cheap thrills ghost tour or something.

I did find some stuff where people say going there they sense a great sadness but then it was a very sad event anyway. Still I think there atleast had to be a few phone calls from the beyond or appeariations at the time. Some nice tear jerker love stories of a loved one saying good bye from the spirit realm. I suppose I am a hopeless romantic or maybe things like that do give me hope that there is a life beyond this one.

You mean they didn't even put up a memorial :angry:. That is bogus! From what I heard there may still be remains burried there they should make it a memorial atleast to those that will be missing forever because they became nothing but dust or whatever. It should be made inot some kind of memorial garden or something I would think. Wow if I died there I would come back just to kick Bush's behind for not doing so. Wow that makes me mad and kind of sad.

I don't think your going to hear about ghost at this site for a long time if ever sense it touched so many people, This area is hollow ground now...

I did find some stuff where people say going there they sense a great sadness but then it was a very sad event anyway.

I'll go someday for you and check it out myself. I don't really have any feelings to cause a bias (sorry, I must sound like an a-hole). I'll definitely be able to reliably tell if something depressing remains. I think it's worth a shot.

I'll go someday for you and check it out myself. I don't really have any feelings to cause a bias (sorry, I must sound like an a-hole). I'll definitely be able to reliably tell if something depressing remains. I think it's worth a shot.

Yeah I think its worth a shot for someone who isn't close to the disaster, from what I heard on the news at the time though ALOT of Americans lost someone that day. I think it would effect me to go there because even though I was so far away living in Australia it was so shocking to see what happend on the tv I just watched it all day. It was amazing how many people around the world it effected like that but then it opened everyones eyes to the fact even the lucky countries get hit. Apparently though it was haunted before it was hit so I wonder what happened to those ghosts? Are they homeless now or did they move on?

You mean they didn't even put up a memorial :angry:. That is bogus! From what I heard there may still be remains burried there they should make it a memorial atleast to those that will be missing forever because they became nothing but dust or whatever. It should be made inot some kind of memorial garden or something I would think. Wow if I died there I would come back just to kick Bush's behind for not doing so. Wow that makes me mad and kind of sad.

The did a quick and incompetent cleanup. Bones, charred remains, and jewelry are still found on rooftops and ledges, but it isn't mentioned much. I'm sure there must be other remains on ground zero itself. I'd come back and kick Bush's butt too, same as if I was a Katrina victim. The cleanup there was awful too and remains have been found up until very recently. They may still be finding remains for all I know. The dead and their families deserve respect, and proper respect wasn't given in either situation. That, to me, is a complete shame and disgrace.

The did a quick and incompetent cleanup. Bones, charred remains, and jewelry are still found on rooftops and ledges, but it isn't mentioned much. I'm sure there must be other remains on ground zero itself. I'd come back and kick Bush's butt too, same as if I was a Katrina victim. The cleanup there was awful too and remains have been found up until very recently. They may still be finding remains for all I know. The dead and their families deserve respect, and proper respect wasn't given in either situation. That, to me, is a complete shame and disgrace.

I would say if there are any ghosts from either incident thats where they all are haunting George Bush mystery solved!

Yeah I think its worth a shot for someone who isn't close to the disaster, from what I heard on the news at the time though ALOT of Americans lost someone that day. I think it would effect me to go there because even though I was so far away living in Australia it was so shocking to see what happend on the tv I just watched it all day. It was amazing how many people around the world it effected like that but then it opened everyones eyes to the fact even the lucky countries get hit. Apparently though it was haunted before it was hit so I wonder what happened to those ghosts? Are they homeless now or did they move on?

I luckily didn't lose anyone and the footage wasn't especially damaging. I get over things quickly and am fairly tough to begin with. I felt horrible for all of the grieving families, but I am detached from the incident itself and I don't hurt for them anymore. I do have a sense of great sense respect for them, though, to have lived through such pain. I don't know what would happen to any ghosts that were there before. I'm guessing that it would be like the demolition of a haunted home, they'd stick to the land.

I would say if there are any ghosts from either incident thats where they all are haunting George Bush mystery solved!

:clap:

Bush is not a dictator, and has little control over any such thing. This is a matter for the citizens of the city, and even the nation. Why do you people continue to think that Bush is in control of the known universe and blame him for everything? It becomes taxing to endure time after time people that can not comprehend the broader scope of the Presidency of the United States. It is not his responsibility to respond to storms, set up memorials, or pass out travel trailors. It is a good time for people to stand up and do for themselves, like their fathers and grandfathers have done, and quit standing there with their hand out waiting for someone to take care of them. And as far as the U.S. goes, if you aren't a citizen here, you should be paying attention to the needs of your own country. Frankly, I don't even know the name of your president, so he must be a real shaker and mover. :angry2: This isn't a political forum, so i don't understand the recent need to post political agendas in here. I jokingly responded to one or two, but it is already grown old. Please save your arm chair presidential critiques, #1 for the appropriate forum, and #2 for your own government. I'm going to report the next political jabs I witness in here. This is Unexplained Mysteries. Not the Washington Weaklings.

I think theres a ghost in this thread ?! the first time I looked at this its stats say 13 posts & 0 views ????? wierd

every other thread is normal... how can there be more posts than views ?

I think theres a ghost in this thread ?! the first time I looked at this its stats say 13 posts & 0 views ????? wierd

every other thread is normal... how can there be more posts than views ?

I've noticed that on other threads too. It eventually corrects itself, I think. :huh:

I am under the assumption that it takes years for hauntings to develope. The only time I have ever heard of spirits immediately haunting a place, is usually in the event they are making a last appearence to a loved one, or on a popular movie like "GHost". I would bet that ground zero will be extraordinarily haunted in the distant future. ~Jackal

I haven't heard any stories, either, and I am not sure I want to. What happened to our country, specifically New York and D.C. on that day was horrific...something I will never forget. I have no doubt in my mind that all who were lost that day have crossed over. I have heard of John Edward doing readings for families of victims...not sure I agree with that either. Don't get me wrong...I'm all for mediums...but not with something like this. I imagine one day in the future someone will have an experience there....people usually do where tragic events took place.

Bush is not a dictator, and has little control over any such thing. This is a matter for the citizens of the city, and even the nation. Why do you people continue to think that Bush is in control of the known universe and blame him for everything? It becomes taxing to endure time after time people that can not comprehend the broader scope of the Presidency of the United States. It is not his responsibility to respond to storms, set up memorials, or pass out travel trailors. It is a good time for people to stand up and do for themselves, like their fathers and grandfathers have done, and quit standing there with their hand out waiting for someone to take care of them. And as far as the U.S. goes, if you aren't a citizen here, you should be paying attention to the needs of your own country. Frankly, I don't even know the name of your president, so he must be a real shaker and mover. :angry2: This isn't a political forum, so i don't understand the recent need to post political agendas in here. I jokingly responded to one or two, but it is already grown old. Please save your arm chair presidential critiques, #1 for the appropriate forum, and #2 for your own government. I'm going to report the next political jabs I witness in here. This is Unexplained Mysteries. Not the Washington Weaklings.

Amen!

Orbs at Ground Zero

Scroll about 3/4 the way down the page for two links to photos shot in NYC on 9/12/01. Personally, I think the air was so saturated with dust, etc. that it would be hard to claim that the orbs were due to any paranormal activity.

Since there has been any real distrubness at the site. The spirits maybe asleep or whatever. And the work hasn't bother them.

Or that they have actually moved on.

Time will only tell.

I personally hope that nothing paranormal comes out of Ground Zero..The events were horrible, families still haven't gotten it together and it's a day noone here will forget....As for the memorial, well that's another sore spot..In our neighboring town, alot of families lost loved ones, and they constructed their own memorial in the town...A sad way to remember.......

I personally hope that nothing paranormal comes out of Ground Zero..The events were horrible, families still haven't gotten it together and it's a day noone here will forget....As for the memorial, well that's another sore spot..In our neighboring town, alot of families lost loved ones, and they constructed their own memorial in the town...A sad way to remember.......

I agree Goalie, it would be horrible for Ground Zero ghost stories to be on the internet - if you were one of those families it would hurt a lot.

I think it's well left alone, left to rest in peace. I don't like the idea of summoning ghosts for this very reason, going to a medium and calling them doesn't sit well with me. I've been to large spiritualist type events, theatre readings, I think that way if someone needs to contact you they can, without calling out to them. That might sound a bit odd, but in my own twisted mind, I know what I mean!

Even people who want to believe in ghosts won't insult the memory of those killed or trouble their surviving family members just to indulge fantasy. I'm glad that, deep down, we all know where fun and games ends and the potential to hurt actual living people begins.