Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Keep waking up at 5:55 am in the morning...

Marcus

I haven't read all this topic yet but I use to automatically wake up at I think 7:20 for school (or like the same time everyday). Even without my alarm clock. It's nothing weird, your brain is MUCH more powerful than you think hahaha. Your body almost sets up a clock in itself.

Also when you notice things a few times, I'm sure subconsciously your brain is looking for 555.

It's because your just looking for 5:55 mate. It's like you buy a new car, and it's black. Suddenly everywhere you go everyones got your car, even though you'd never seen it before. It's not that everyones just suddenly got that car two, it's just simply you looking out for it.

This person beat me to it. It's probably just a coincidence. You noticed it a few times, then you just began to look for it. Considering that it's happened before with another number, I'd put even less heed into it. You say that you see it on a clock, on license plates, and as a total at a store. Well, comparatively, how many times did you look at the clock, see a license plate, and buy groceries when the results was not some variant of 555? It's probably just your mind looking for a pattern, and if you keep dwelling on it, it will probably persist.

Edited by Twisted_Dragon

since school started and i've moved back into a dorm, i've woken up every morning at 5:06 am. i thought maybe the heat or a/c turned on at this time and my body noticed it, but i've eliminated that explanation. i'm not sure what else it could be. kinda freaks me out

Change time zone, by one hour. Then you can wake up at either 6:55 or 4:55 :tu:

I googled this because I had a very vivid dream about getting bitten by a shark and left to die and I awoke to find the clock reading 5:55am. I'm normally rational about it but it felt like more than coincidence.

Then again I could wake up at 6:12 and think nothing of it because it doesn't look as unique, and it is common for your body clock to wake you up at a certain time regardless of whether you have an alarm set.

• Like 1

I googled this because I had a very vivid dream about getting bitten by a shark and left to die and I awoke to find the clock reading 5:55am. I'm normally rational about it but it felt like more than coincidence.

Then again I could wake up at 6:12 and think nothing of it because it doesn't look as unique, and it is common for your body clock to wake you up at a certain time regardless of whether you have an alarm set.

I always look to the clock at 12:47. It's just my time, never fail. It works out interestingly though. Kind of. 14. 1+2+4+7=14. The second numbers on both the hour and minute multiplied by each other equal the first two numbers of the hour and minute placed together. I think nothing of it. It's just an odd time.

I had a birthday 6/6/06. lol I can't believe people planned their births around that date. It's so silly. I think it's all just coincidence.

chances are you fell in love with the number and have a greater awareness of it whenever you see it. I'm sure that during the course of our everyday, we see sequences of numbers all the time but we only remember the ones we are into.

This might happen, lets say if you own a Toyota. You tend to notice the Toyota cars driving by more than any other vehicle.

I started paying attention to the number 444 years ago. It too had to do with the time. 4:44pm. Everyday before my first break on a 2nd shift job I would glance at my watch in anticipation of the 5 o'clock hour and each day I would glance at my watch at exactly 4:44pm. Since then, I've been in love with the number.

I don't really care if it means anything. Yet there have been times when I searched to see if it did have some significance only to find websites that reference it to some sort of spiritual revelation. in reference to angels numbers being 444 and 111.

I hope it doesn't have to do with any type of mental illness, because it turns out that some real sick people in our history have had facinations with numbers or sequences of numbers.

It is what we make of it. The number 666 from my understanding was meant to represent Nero, a ruthless Roman that the Jews feared and so they spoke of him in code. Now people use that number to symbolize anything that is evil.

There's a possibilty that like the movie 'Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind,' we are receiving messages from some unknown alien influence and we are unable to understand it besides following the signs that we are receiving individually. - it's possible-

With meaning or meaningless - I like my number.

• 5 months later...

This person beat me to it. It's probably just a coincidence. You noticed it a few times, then you just began to look for it. Considering that it's happened before with another number, I'd put even less heed into it. You say that you see it on a clock, on license plates, and as a total at a store. Well, comparatively, how many times did you look at the clock, see a license plate, and buy groceries when the results was not some variant of 555? It's probably just your mind looking for a pattern, and if you keep dwelling on it, it will probably persist.

nO IT IS NOT!

iF YOU THINK IT IS, FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE DONE IT (WAKE AT 555) YOU WILL ALSO EXPERIENCE 111, 222, 333, 444, 555. Don't you understand 666 and 777 are a time of trouble like NEVER BEFORE OR EVER AGAIN. IGNORANCE REIGNS BETWEEN 111 AND 444. Truth will be revealed at 555, then antichrist will be revealed 666, then the true Christ777.

God Bless

Jeshurun

I really like numerology for one particlular reason, it shows just how easy random chance and coincidence can be misconstrued as something spiritual in origin.

Numbers are numbers, man made and perfectly safe. ;)

The more you obsess about something the more often it seems to occur. I worked nights for years and would wake up at almost the same time every afternoon, it's called the body clock, not angels, not tarot, nothing more mundane than our bodies becoming conditioned to a certain time.

A good analogy is when you bruise a leg or arm. For some reason we think we are hitting the same spot now we have a bruise, the truth is, we only notice it because we already have a bruise.

Try setting the clock wrong and see what happens. Of course a day when you're not at work or college would be better.

Edited by Phenomenon

nO IT IS NOT!

iF YOU THINK IT IS, FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE DONE IT (WAKE AT 555) YOU WILL ALSO EXPERIENCE 111, 222, 333, 444, 555. Don't you understand 666 and 777 are a time of trouble like NEVER BEFORE OR EVER AGAIN. IGNORANCE REIGNS BETWEEN 111 AND 444. Truth will be revealed at 555, then antichrist will be revealed 666, then the true Christ777.

God Bless

Jeshurun

Random and unsupported!

it may not be a coincidence but it may not be paranormal either. maybe 555 has a significance for you subconsciously and you are (unawares) putting yourself in positions to see it all the time. your body has an inner sense of time, so maybe you are turning toward the clock at just the right time to see it.

you should sit down and contemplate what the numbers mean to you, even meditate upon it.

It's a coincidence. You are falling victim to psychological phenomenons known as the illusory correlation and heuristics.

The illusory correlation (henceforth abbreviated IC) is when a person's mind relates two ambiguous events with each other in an attempt to make sense. Your viewing the number 555 as "following" you is merely an improper connection of two or more ambiguous evens that happen to fall next to each other. Likewise, the fact that your mind has already made this connection due to the availability heuristic causes the IC to come out even stronger, forcing your mind to correlate any data concerning the number "5" to the causation of the number "555" is following you. I'm sure that whenever you view the number "5", it actually makes you worry even more that the number "555" is following you even more under different manifestations - that is where I will lead into heuristics.

Your brain is misconceiving that the number "555" is following you due to a cognitive feature known as "heuristics." Heuristics are nothing more than simple pathways taken by our brain to make associations within our life and make sense out of phenomenon. They are quick, simple, but often inefficient and easily biased. Your case is that of the heuristics run amok. The first is the "availability heuristic," or the AH, which is where any close association with an already established correlation is perceived to have a direct linkage to the existing correlation as well. For example, if you see the number "5", you relate it to "555." If you see "556" or something similar, I'm sure that you relate it to "555" as well. If you wake up in the morning at "5:48" or "6:01," your mind makes an allowance for these numbers as you perceive them to be close enough to 5:55 that you lump them into the existing heuristic. Nothing more. I'm sure that you've had plenty of times and occurrences where the number may have been close to 555 but wasn't actually that, or when you woke up at different times of the day instead of just 5:55 AM. You're falling to your availability heuristic, when in reality there is no paranormal connection. I frequently wake up at 8:25-8:45 AM on weekends and weekdays, even if I've gone out the night before, simply because I wake up at around 8:30 AM anyway for my summer job as an aquatics instructor and for school. There's no wacky occurrence there, it's just what happens because my body is already prone to waking up at that time. My circadian rhythm is set to it. I'm willing to make a bet that your circadian rhythm is set to wake you up at 5:35-6:10 AM as well.

So, that's all for now. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to explain myself in more depth ^_^

I'm getting a little freaked out because I feel like I'm getting a message of some sort. At first for the last couple of days I've been shrugging them off but it's getting a little hard to ignore. Every night for the past 5 days I've been waking up at 5:55 am in the morning. There's an alarm clock right the by my bed and when I wake up.. it Blasts 5:55 am. Keep in mind I have no alarm clock set or anything. So I keep seeing this triple digit number everywhere and it's driving me crazy. First I was seeing 11:11 a lot but it has moved to other numbers but it's 555 everywhere.Today I was at the bus stop waiting for the bus to come and a car pulls up next to me. It's a female asking me for directions on how to get to a certain area in town. After we finish talking.. she pulls off and the license plate number has 555 on it again. A couple of days ago I was walking home and I found five dollars and 55 cent on the ground. If you look at it like this it's $5.55.

There's other incidence but I think you're getting my point. What is happening because I feel like it's not a coincidence and it's driving me crazy. I know 666 means the devils number in the bible.. So what's 555??

Lol I watched the excorsism of emily rose and the girl wakes up at 3:00 and gets attacked by a demon. Well anyways, for the next 2 weeks I woke up at 3 am lol it freeked me out so much! but its just your mind playing tricks on you

Could be a few things....

1. You are craving a good steak :

Located midway between Los Angeles and Orange County, 555 East Steakhouse in Long Beach is the destination when nothing but the best beef will do.

2. You want to call God on the phone :

555-0123 - God - Bruce Almighty (DVD version) -movie

3. You want or have a microchip Timer :

Frequently, the 555 is used in astable mode to generate a continuous series of pulses, but you can also use the 555 to make a one-shot or monostable circuit ...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to live at the address, 555, in New York. Now I live at the address 33 in another area. I just received a check in the amount of all 3s. It was 10,000/3. A third. The meaning of it is not necessarily the explaination of how it happens. One is HOW and the other is WHY.

A working theory would be a step towards harnessing this ability of yours which to someone else might be nothing but useless distraction or even the symptom of madness, or possibly a seed of.

I wouldn't advise accepting anyone else's socalled explaination. I think it's good to uncover your own answers. Even more valuable is your own question.

Today's science and technology were made possible through attempts to perform impossible procedures by alchemists.

The fact you want to understand puts you in a position of immense potential. You are ready to receive. You may learn things through pursuing your question that you would never learn any other way. It may be that the 5s were nothing more than a convenience that caught your attention this time. Maybe 5:46 slipped right by you a few times. Or 4:32 went right over your head. Our minds are attracted to patterns. 555 could be the triple-fishhook that you bit.

This type of synchronicity can be seen as a challenge to you from some as-of-yet unknown source. When something strange happens more than once, and the strange happening not only involves you personally, but requires you for the phenomenon to occur, it is completely natural to pay close attention so you can observe what's actually going on.

Like an extremely talented musician playing an extremely slow song, you have superb rhythm. Why now, all of a sudden?

Maybe all that's really required is that you genuinely CARE.

• 1 year later...

Hey, what time were you guys born? I started seeing 555 and the number 2 since I was around seven years old. Turns out I was born at 5:55AM, and when I told my mom about this (keep in mind that I was just a young child at the time) she also told me I had a 2win who died at birth. Pretty interesting stuff.

I guess everybody sees certain numbers and sequences.

My grandmother passed away a few years ago. She played the lottery quite often. Some of her numbers were 138, 1138, and 1100. I see 138 and 1138 a lot. I always think of her when I see the numbers. So to me it's a GREAT thing :wub: . I played the numbers a few times, but no luck.

Next time I'm going to try what somebody posted much earlier and close my eyes, relax, and see what happens. Probably nothing, but I'll try.

I always manage to glance at the clock when it's 11:34. Morning or night. Been happening for years. I guess I just look for it, now.

I remember those smokes, "State Express 555 " Just a bunch of fives, really.