Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recurring Dream- same day-every year

withoutlimits

Hi everyone,

I found this sight after searching for help. I have talked to many different people about this and no one seems to have any understanding of what it is that I am looking for. Maybe someone in here will be able to shed some light or at least, if nothing else, maybe someone would enjoy this story

When I was around 4 or 5. I have the same dream on the same day of each year. This happened for four or five years straight before it stopped. In this dream, as silly as it sounds, I would fight a skeleton. It was the same dream, yet became different, because often I am able to wake up in my dream and then controll it. I remember the last time I fought him I was able to controll my dream and I was simply just not afraid, like I was in the other dreams. I knew how it played out, I became to see what was once very frightening to me as "play".

I have many questions about these dreams, but has anyone else had a dream happen on the same day of every year! The reason I know it was the same day is because it was on halloween. This makes me wonder whether patterns are in existence within our dreams, it has always just boggled my mind.

Edited by withoutlimits

Hi withoutlimits :)

I used to have nightmares every Hallowe'en too. Mine usually involved witches. When I was a kid I guess I didn't quite 'get' Hallowe'en.

There are certainly 'patterns' in dreams - though content can be quite random, dreams also tend to contain stuff which has happened to us, stuff that's on our minds, stuff which probably should be on our minds and isn't, memories, and various other things.

I'm not sure I understand what help you're looking for though. Perhaps you could explain a little more?

Edited by Nucular

mine was like that.. but it occurred every single day, like a series one would continue from the last one,

it started on Nov. 19, 2007 that's when I decided to start to make a dream journal. ( that dream journal Idea, I got it here on UM. ^.^ ) and is still going till now. weird isn't it?

yet another reason I say halloween is evil.

(i dont like halloween at all)

Ive had recurring dreams - and lucid dreams.

Though I can only dream if I have a decent nights sleep, well, recall dreaming.

Recurring dreams make little sense to me - not so much the content - rather just the fact they occur at all. Most of the theories I seen on the topic of dreaming put 'dreaming' down to the mind using the time the body is asleep to 'process' events from the previous day. This theory of dreaming (likely one of an almost infinite multitude) doesn't work well with idea of 'processing' the previous days events - because if so it may suggest you've just 'repeated' a day.

The less often I can recall dreaming - the more frequently I can recall the ones I do have being lucid.

i had a similar experience

i deem this triggered events

halloween=skeleton

my experiences were either aliens or juarrasic park always the same enviroment different reaction at the Fracture point.

latly i get stuck in fracture playoffs where i follow all possible actions consequtively.

Well, I think that maybe a reason you kept having the dream is because something you were being triggered into having it (halloween.) As soon as you realised it was halloween your mind was subconciously preparing you to have the dream. It might have something to do with the fact that you felt that the dream is unsolved (you couldn't beat the skeleton or lack of control. The brain hates problems it can't solve, that's why we are curious beings, we're constantly trying to solve.) Anyway, once you were able to take complete control and victoriously defeat the skeleton your brain deamed it solved and you stopped worrying about it. (subconciously atleast) :)

hi, i have this dream, im not sure if it happens on the same day every year but i started having it and then i would dream about it for a few days and then it would stop, and then a year or more later i have the same sort of dream again an it keeps repeating like that.

ill explain the dream.

its me and my friends when we are young, the predator (from the movie with arnold schwarzneger) is chasing us and killing us. when it is my turn to die i wake up. but when i had the dream like a year later instead of dying this time i escape on a motorbike i use to ride when i was younger. its really weird and since i survived in the dream this time i havent had this dream since :/.

*EDIT*

Well, I think that maybe a reason you kept having the dream is because something you were being triggered into having it (halloween.) As soon as you realised it was halloween your mind was subconciously preparing you to have the dream. It might have something to do with the fact that you felt that the dream is unsolved (you couldn't beat the skeleton or lack of control. The brain hates problems it can't solve, that's why we are curious beings, we're constantly trying to solve.) Anyway, once you were able to take complete control and victoriously defeat the skeleton your brain deamed it solved and you stopped worrying about it. (subconciously atleast) :)

just read your post, that explains why i havent had it since :o

Edited by living to die

hi, i have this dream, im not sure if it happens on the same day every year but i started having it and then i would dream about it for a few days and then it would stop, and then a year or more later i have the same sort of dream again an it keeps repeating like that.

ill explain the dream.

its me and my friends when we are young, the predator (from the movie with arnold schwarzneger) is chasing us and killing us. when it is my turn to die i wake up. but when i had the dream like a year later instead of dying this time i escape on a motorbike i use to ride when i was younger. its really weird and since i survived in the dream this time i havent had this dream since :/.

Was it the dirtbike from T2? lol

I had one when I was young a dream that that happened frequently and was a demon's face engulfed in flames laughing evilly.

Edited by Orcseeker

As soon as you realised it was halloween your mind was subconciously preparing you to have the dream.

makes sence - a bit like music, sounds etc. Certain songs etc seem to stimulate memories of certain moments.

• 10 years later...

When I was very little, as far back as I can remember, I've always had the same 4 dreams every year each on the same time they were since they began. Each dream was different but I've always felt like they were all relateded somehow. And now that I'm older I realize now why. Well, I'll start with the main one, this dream is an All White Dream. When I appear in the dream I look and walk around for a few steps and end up in front of a silhouette of a small dentist window. Then, I have to always turn to my left &a 'Giant Black Wire Static Ball' is floating there above me. It then lifts me up and holds me still, without touching me, then out of the ball a wire comes out &touches me very lightly four or five times. Then the wire goes back in the ball &disappears. &when it disappears I can wake up.

• 1 year later...

This same thing happened to me for about 4 years.. Same day every year. I knew it was the same day cuz it was my birthday. I had a dream scream, yes from the "horror" movie, would chase me around the house I lived in and try to kill me. I remembered every detail, from me waking up in my bed, seeing him staring at me from the corner of my room near my closet, to me getting up and running down stairs, to him flipping and breaking our kitchen table in half, and me waking up before he killed me.. Happened every year and I've been trying to figure out why. It stopped when I was 9. I don't understand why it stopped, my last dream of it was the same as always, nothing changed. Can anybody give me some answers??

Try to avoid Rem sleep that's when these dreams happen. Its not b/c your crazy its because the brain is a scary place to be trapped in. I have noticed Rem sleep can be avoided by staying up as long as you can and by sleeping on your side. The dream are meaningless unless its a revelation from God about your future. Sleeping flat on your back is recipe for Rem sleep. Lucid dreams.

Not going into Rem gives you a well nights sleep. The Rem drains your down to nothing b/c its just like being awake. Even a 10 min Rem dream will feel like hours.

Edited by brian100
add more

4 hours ago, brian100 said:

Try to avoid Rem sleep that's when these dreams happen. Its not b/c your crazy its because the brain is a scary place to be trapped in. I have noticed Rem sleep can be avoided by staying up as long as you can and by sleeping on your side. The dream are meaningless unless its a revelation from God about your future. Sleeping flat on your back is recipe for Rem sleep. Lucid dreams.

Not going into Rem gives you a well nights sleep. The Rem drains your down to nothing b/c its just like being awake. Even a 10 min Rem dream will feel like hours.

One should regard the above advice as complete and total BS.  You have absolutely no idea what  you are even attempting to discuss!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/31/2008 at 3:55 AM, withoutlimits said:

Hi everyone,

I found this sight after searching for help. I have talked to many different people about this and no one seems to have any understanding of what it is that I am looking for. Maybe someone in here will be able to shed some light or at least, if nothing else, maybe someone would enjoy this story

When I was around 4 or 5. I have the same dream on the same day of each year. This happened for four or five years straight before it stopped. In this dream, as silly as it sounds, I would fight a skeleton. It was the same dream, yet became different, because often I am able to wake up in my dream and then controll it. I remember the last time I fought him I was able to controll my dream and I was simply just not afraid, like I was in the other dreams. I knew how it played out, I became to see what was once very frightening to me as "play".

I have many questions about these dreams, but has anyone else had a dream happen on the same day of every year! The reason I know it was the same day is because it was on halloween. This makes me wonder whether patterns are in existence within our dreams, it has always just boggled my mind.

Dreams occur as a result of our Mind performing Self Analysis of its own Well Being.  It isn't unusual for someone to dream about crossing a bridge after crossing a bridge earlier in their day...or dreaming about skeletons on Halloween.  Our Sleeping Mind chooses imagery to express it's 'analysis'.  Often the imagery is taken from recent memories.  However, Dream Language and Interpretation suggests strongly that the imagery has nothing to do with skeletons or crossing a bridge...the imagery itself tells a story.  Your dream indicates that your mind was dealing with fears...which you no doubt have no memory of.  But you do remember the dreams...and in the end...your mind worked out the fear factor.  Your dreaming of fighting and 'control' was your sleeping mind's final analysis of the subject.  Your dreams were telling you that your mind was full of fear and eventually that your mind was free from fear.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:31 AM, joc said:

One should regard the above advice as complete and total BS.  You have absolutely no idea what  you are even attempting to discuss!

I have had recurring dreams from my previous jobs so I know they are the same characters and theme but with different things. Theres nothing more frustrating than to dream about working while you are sleeping.  I'm not going to be working while I'm resting, too. I told him my solution

If I'm mistaken with this  -- than pardon me. But if his intention is to have more of the same dreams then I can't help..

Edited by brian100
add more.

It's just a dream i guess that thoughts triggers this :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have what I refer to as a warning dream and I get it quite often. 

It's about dogs, the bigger and blacker the dog the more serious the warning. 

Anyone dream about dogs?

I never remember a dream that I had when I was 4 or 5 years old.

But I remember having the exact same scary dream, every halloween night, from when I was 9 to about when I was 14 yo.