Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LMAO. Never ask a ouija board these questions

InsanePickle

I'm sorry, you don't understand logic then. People who believe in ghosts/demons are, nearly by definition, illogical. I'm not right because I think a certain way. I'm right because my opinion is based on quantifiable and repeatable experimentation and evidence.

Yours is based on nothing but fancy and possibly delusion.

NONE of you have concrete proof for anything you claim. Yet you are allowed to make ridiculous claims?

Asking a group of biased and delusional mental adolescents what the bogey man said to them is not going to provide any proof of anything, except that at the least, some of you have overactive imaginations.

Logic and reason have left the forum.

she understood the logic very well to me....what part did she not get?...how do you it is ridiculous?...becasue it has not happened to you?...i used to believe like you do...i found out different...you may too...

randomhit10

she understood the logic very well to me....what part did she not get?...how do you it is ridiculous?...becasue it has not happened to you?...i used to believe like you do...i found out different...you may too...

randomhit10

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't notice anywhere in Neo's post where he/she said they DIDN'T believe in spirits, afterlife, ghosts, and all that. The way I read it was that a toy made out of cardboard is just that. A toy. Made our cardboard.

I believe in automobiles.....but I don't believe that by playing w/ a matchbox car I'm "one with the automobile" or I'm "getting in touch w/ the spritiual driver in all of us". It's a matchbox car. Same as a Ouija board. It's just a piece of cardboard.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't notice anywhere in Neo's post where he/she said they DIDN'T believe in spirits, afterlife, ghosts, and all that. The way I read it was that a toy made out of cardboard is just that. A toy. Made our cardboard.

I believe in automobiles.....but I don't believe that by playing w/ a matchbox car I'm "one with the automobile" or I'm "getting in touch w/ the spritiual driver in all of us". It's a matchbox car. Same as a Ouija board. It's just a piece of cardboard.

you can believe anything you want...i can also....i believe what has happend to me and my family was real...it sure felt real....i know many people who have used the baord woith no problem...i know may people who have used the board and had their beliefs rearranged along with their lives...so play all you want...you may never have a problem...but if you do, be sure to tell it that it does not exist and you refuse to believe in it....you should be o k..

and don't leave your matchbox cars on the stairs....

randomhit10

LOL. Neo has a good argument in my opinion. I am a believer in ghosts/spirits but think Ouija is a crock of Grade A bull. The mind is a powerful thing and in no way can your mind be blank at any given moment. You may think it is however it isn't. You can throw any Psychology term you want with any argument but nothing is proven to suggest that by using a piece of cardboard with a plastic piece with an eye of sorts can help you communicate with the otherside. I highly doubt if Ouija boards were as dangerous as some claim IT WOULD NOT BE SOLD TO CHILDREN OR AS A TOY! I mean honestly, if the arguments to suggest this TOY is dangerous were held true why oh why is it sold in stores? It is a persons belief in the toy and their subconscious that works wonders. You can say otherwise but there is no proof to suggest that this toy is infact capable of wreaking havoc amongst the living.

Same as a Ouija board. It's just a piece of cardboard.

And when you examine the Ouija board more closely, you find some intriguing elements pointing at greater dimensions.

For example, imprinted on the cardboard is the greatest human invention, and the greatest human advancement in techology of the past 10,000 years -- symbolic human language -- which for the first time, enabled the human race to store genetic knowledge external to the human body.

Symbolic language, in turn, is not only a doorway not into the human mind -- but into the collective accumulated knowledge of all humanity.

Through the use of the symbols imprinted on the board, every innovation that we have today -- every last one -- was made possible by the development of abstract symbols made to represent all of our perceived objective realities. For example, there could never be a car, without first having the symbols of the kind imprinted on an Ouija board.

Imagine if some dolt in ancient Sumeria looked upon a cuinform tablet and remarked: "That's just a bunch of lines an squiggles on a hradened piece of mud. And people actualy thing it means something!"

Also, when you experiement with the symbols of language, which is an external representation of the working of "Mind" you notice even deeper, curious effects -- the more you manipulate the symbols, the deeper and more porfound the levels of communication one can achieve.

Furthermore, even abstract symbols can lead to deeper levels of conscisouness -- as Carl Jung observed when a man told him that, although he did not understand the cyrillic alphabet, it lead his mind into fantastic new insights into the nature of his Self.

So it doesn't matter if an Ouija board is made out of card board -- any more than it matter that the human body is made of of 80% water.

I'm sorry, you don't understand logic then. People who believe in ghosts/demons are, nearly by definition, illogical. I'm not right because I think a certain way. I'm right because my opinion is based on quantifiable and repeatable experimentation and evidence.

Yours is based on nothing but fancy and possibly delusion.

NONE of you have concrete proof for anything you claim. Yet you are allowed to make ridiculous claims?

Asking a group of biased and delusional mental adolescents what the bogey man said to them is not going to provide any proof of anything, except that at the least, some of you have overactive imaginations.

Logic and reason have left the forum.

And I'm sorry; because I think making cutting remarks towards other people who have a different opinion than yourself is extremely rude and close-minded. I understood what you were saying all along. I was pointing out that different people who have opposing viewpoints on something are always going to think the other person is wrong. We should all be careful of making definite statements. Personally, I don't put complete, absolute, blind faith in every little thing that man says is 'so', because we are imperfect. Therefore, everything we do and think will always be imperfect. Just because we haven't come up with a way to 'prove' the supernatural, doesn't automatically mean it doesn't exist. All it tells me is that we haven't found a way to definitely prove or disprove it. Just like those who said man would never fly, or be riding around in large metal boxes on wheels, we just haven't discovered the right technology yet. New discoveries are being made with new technologies every day. Therefore, I reserve judgement on these types of issues, neither fully agreeing, nor disagreeing; because I'd like to think I'm open to new possibilities.

randomhit10

Thanks, Random, I'm glad someone understood where I was going with that. ^_^

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't notice anywhere in Neo's post where he/she said they DIDN'T believe in spirits, afterlife, ghosts, and all that.

"People who believe in ghosts/demons are, nearly by definition, illogical"

"and there is no such thing as ghosts"

"Common sense tells me that ghosts are not real, and that you can not talk to spirits with a piece of cardboard"

These are all direct quotes from posts that Neo made within this topic. I don't know about you, but I would say based on these statements, Neo does not believe in spirits/ghosts/afterlife. Correct me if I'm wrong? :mellow:

Edited by FairyJosie23

Okay well anyway ... funny questions = ]