Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can evil ghosts/spirits/demons cause fires?

Fatal

I've read of stories where demons or evil spirits have maybe caused fires to churches and other places.

But anyway, there's this big abandoned apartment building, and there's been many murders that have occured there over the years. And apparently, that's one of the reasons the place was shut down, because it was too dangerous of a place to live. But people who have been in that building claim that there is an evil presence and an evil feeling while you're in there. My brother and his friend have even caught pictures of what looked like a man hanging himself. They said they took three pictures of that, and in each picture, the man was turned at a different angle. And in a fourth picture, the man was no longer there. [i've posted a thread about this, by the way]. And there's been 3 mysterious fires in less than the last month, all right by the building. Two were houses, one was a small business place. They still don't know what caused the fires, either. So my question is, if evil spirits can cause fires like some people claim, could that have been what happened here? Or was all this just a coincidence and just some stupid antics done by some trouble-making b****** kids?

Edited by Shadow09
  • Like 1

I've read of stories where demons or evil spirits have maybe caused fires to churches and other places.

But anyway, there's this big abandoned apartment building, and there's been many murders that have occured there over the years. And apparently, that's one of the reasons the place was shut down, because it was too dangerous of a place to live. But people who have been in that building claim that there is an evil presence and an evil feeling while you're in there. My brother and his friend have even caught pictures of what looked like a man hanging himself. They said they took three pictures of that, and in each picture, the man was turned at a different angle. And in a fourth picture, the man was no longer there. [i've posted a thread about this, by the way]. And there's been 3 mysterious fires in less than the last month, all right by the building. Two were houses, one was a small business place. They still don't know what caused the fires, either. So my question is, if evil spirits can cause fires like some people claim, could that have been what happened here? Or was all this just a coincidence and just some stupid antics done by some trouble-making b****** kids?

Hi Shadow, Does your brother have any photos of that building, that you can share with us? I really cant answer that, however Demonics are capable of just about anything. However, I believe due to the history, it "could" be arson, from those trying to get rid of any evil that was once there..JN

I visited Key West last October and did the haunted tour. One of the buildings there (haunted) was supposed to have set fire "to itself"?? I guess anything in the paranormal world is possible but I have no proof of anything.

IDK if there's activity like lights flickering and TV (and so on) malfunctions maybe something electrical could happen. BUT then you have to ask yourself, was it faulty wiring/electric OR was it something paranormal?

I guess none of us will know anything until we too pass. I just hope there IS SOMETHING. I'd hate to die and be like, oh crap, it's just black nothingness and it's over.~end.

I remember reading somewhere that during the making of "the exorcist" there were a couple mysterious fires that started....

I remember reading somewhere that during the making of "the exorcist" there were a couple mysterious fires that started....

Yes, and a few deaths too, and the same with the old fictional movie "Poltergeist." Ya just never know..JN

Yes, and a few deaths too, and the same with the old fictional movie "Poltergeist." Ya just never know..JN

Yeah, I'm not sure if this is either of those two movies or not, but there was this one movie that was about demons/ghosts, ect. While they were filming it, the little boy who was supposed to be in the movie died [forgot how he died] while the movie was still incomplete. They say while they were filming the rest of the movie, they caught the little boy who died in the background on their camera's, and that was after he died. So apparently, the boy wasn't done filming the movie! :)

Edited by Shadow09

Hi Shadow, Does your brother have any photos of that building, that you can share with us? I really cant answer that, however Demonics are capable of just about anything. However, I believe due to the history, it "could" be arson, from those trying to get rid of any evil that was once there..JN

No, he doesn't. It was his friend's camera so I'm guessing his friend kept the camera, and the pictures inside.

Edited by Shadow09

It's long been my understanding and in fact belief that demons can start fires.

Moreover, they can also induce susceptible humans to start fires for them, when that's easier.

However let's not move into the error that all unfriendly fires are demonic.

I don't think so but I did hav a shadow person try and burn my families house down but it didnt effect it at all, I swear I not high......

well, Ghosts can NOT create fire or set things on fire Unless they have the nessesary means to do so (like a lighted match right next to a gasoline tank), then this would be a poltergeist using the objects around him to ignite chemicals.. but even this is highly unlikely..

• 2 weeks later...

yes i do believe some deons can cause fire i have recording of one girl that stays here burning people its not very nice but i cant say what happened at that house

well, Ghosts can NOT create fire or set things on fire Unless they have the nessesary means to do so (like a lighted match right next to a gasoline tank), then this would be a poltergeist using the objects around him to ignite chemicals.. but even this is highly unlikely..

erm, they wouldn't need to use physical objects to start a fire, the would just use concentrated energy to build up a fire.

Edited by HUYI

• 11 years later...

Hey friends,

My answer is absolutely they can depends what you are doing and how powerful the Demon is. You can check this youtube channel named "Woh Kya tha" , They have provided with a ground breaking proof in this video https://youtu.be/YxYDG22w0s8 where you can see when they break the spell that was used to contain an Evil Spirit this happens watch from 16:27 and as the video goes on you can see a kid hanging in the end watch from here 29:03 

Conclusion :- Yeah the demons if powerful can light fire and even kill you as you can see in the last when the host watched the dangling body of the kid which was killed for Witchcraft ,He trembled and fall down and got unconscious so if not for his friends he would be dead.

Thanks for reading this comment share as much as possible.

On 2/6/2008 at 12:04 PM, Fatal said:

Since you don't have photos, have not seen a fire start by itself there, I think it is a coincidence. It could also be some stupid antics by locals or some of the fires could have occurred due to electrical or other similar causes. It hard to say that the fires were supernatural without proof. 

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender

55 minutes ago, Simr said:

Hey friends,

My answer is absolutely they can depends what you are doing and how powerful the Demon is. You can check this youtube channel named "Woh Kya tha" , They have provided with a ground breaking proof in this video https://youtu.be/YxYDG22w0s8 where you can see when they break the spell that was used to contain an Evil Spirit this happens watch from 16:27 and as the video goes on you can see a kid hanging in the end watch from here 29:03 

Conclusion :- Yeah the demons if powerful can light fire and even kill you as you can see in the last when the host watched the dangling body of the kid which was killed for Witchcraft ,He trembled and fall down and got unconscious so if not for his friends he would be dead.

Do you know how old this thread is Aug 2008, I should have looked before I posted. Do you have any proof they can do these things, if so please post it, I am very interested.

Oh and by the way those YouTube videos are not proof for me, but thanks for posting the information.

Welcome to the forum

46 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Do you know how old this thread is Aug 2008, I should have looked before I posted. Do you have any proof they can do these things, if so please post it, I am very interested.

Oh and by the way those YouTube videos are not proof for me, but thanks for posting the information.

Welcome to the forum

What kind of proof are you talking about maybe you didn't go through some of the other videos in there channel you will be surely blown away dude, this is nothing you have seen in your life Actually these people are paranormal investigators they help people to get rid of Black Magic and stuff like that the things that i saw in their videos is complete out of this world and yeah they aren't faking anything if you don't trust you can meet them they live in Pakistan you basically saw it in video what more do you need may be you should go through more of their videos you will surely get your answers the language wouldn't be familiar but you will get it

BTW thanks for replying 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Simr said:

What kind of proof are you talking about maybe you didn't go through some of the other videos in there channel you will be surely blown away dude, this is nothing you have seen in your life Actually these people are paranormal investigators they help people to get rid of Black Magic and stuff like that the things that i saw in their videos is complete out of this world and yeah they aren't faking anything if you don't trust you can meet them they live in Pakistan you basically saw it in video what more do you need may be you should go through more of their videos you will surely get your answers the language wouldn't be familiar but you will get it

BTW thanks for replying 

I am sorry but videos are far to easy to fake. With today's technology you can do almost anything with a photo of a video. I am not knocking your beliefs I just can't share them based upon the evidence presented. As time go's by you may change your mind also, especially if you try to conjure things yourself, which I don't recommend. I have seen to many hoaxes throughout the years and nothing that would truly make me a beleiver, but that's my problem not yours. While I don't agree with you on this subject, I can still respect your opinion concerning it.

I hope that is enough, take care and have a great night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simr said:

Hey friends,

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you unless you let it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you unless you let it. 

Yeah are right,

BTW did you watch the video.          (How was it)

They are paranormal investigators who save people that are affected by black magic (Kabala).Dude,you should watch their videos you will be blown away and all of that **** is 100% real.

55 minutes ago, Simr said:

BTW did you watch the video.          (How was it)

I watched some of it. It was just your "canned" paranormal investigators. I have it saved for later. 

My rule is no ghost hunters. No cameras. You want to be rid of it. Let me get rid of it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I watched some of it. It was just your "canned" paranormal investigators. I have it saved for later. 

My rule is no ghost hunters. No cameras. You want to be rid of it. Let me get rid of it. 

Best of luck

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Simr said:

Best of luck

I've been doing it for 30 years, and was with my grandfather, who was a Shaman when he did it since I was 9. 

• Like 2

Are you involved in something evil or you are just helping poor people in need

I didn't knew that what must be coolest things you could do to people 

Btw Thanks for the reply

38 minutes ago, Simr said:

Are you involved in something evil or you are just helping poor people in need

I was a type of "Medicine Man" called a Kiimochknii that handles bad things and makes good ones. He was a full blown Meteiinuu  (Healer-Spirit Worker) 

• Like 2