Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK woman claims power over electricity

UM-Bot

user posted image rThe ability to control electricity with your mind may seem the stuff of science fiction. But one woman claims such a power is part of her everyday reality. Debbie Wolf says she is one of Britain's growing number of "sliders" - people who believe their presence interferes with household appliances, radios and light bulbs.

She claims she can turn street lamps off, send digital clocks haywire and even defrost her freezer. But 38-year-old Miss Wolf admits that she has no control over her power.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Mail

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cebrakon

• InHuman

• War Eagle

• Mbyte

I'm guess'n annual power bills would be down to a minimum in her household.

linked-image

It's easy to claim something, its just as easy to try prove it.

Another person who wants to be special....*sigh*..

I know an old lady who was able to do that! All she had to do was clap her hands and the lights would go off everywhere in her house.

Edited by Bear's Quest

I'll bet she's electrifying in bed.

I know an old lady who was able to do that! All she had to do was clap her hands and the lights would go off everywhere in her house.

:lol::rofl:

:lol::rofl:

when i started to read the part 'it happens when i get excited... this one time i was riding..' I thought 'erm? riding, i really thought it was going to be a sex comment, to my disappointment it wasent :(

But 38-year-old Miss Wolf admits that she has no control over her power.

:rolleyes:

So let's put her in a hospital for some stress tests with a lamp in the room to see if she's a fake :) Personally, I think she's watched a little too much Kyle XY. :P

There was that guy who was allergic to electricity... He would faint everytime th toaster turned on... It would not surprise me a bit...

This seems to be a real phenomenon

:ph34r: I agree with Mbyte. Give the poor girl a chance. Read the full article. Read Shafica Karagulla's book (she only wrote one). Dr. Karagulla found many individuals who could affect inanimate objects in much the way as our latest "Hero." Karagulla tells us that some workers at Eastman Kodak were not allowed in the rooms containing film, because their mere presence caused the film to be exposed or fogged. Of course, that was back in the 1960s, when cameras used film.

It is easy to be skeptical. I prefer the adage "Anything is possible." The so-called scientific tests of this girl violated her frequently stated conditions. She has to be in a certain mental mood. Why should that not be relevant? Do you think PK

is some kind of technology?

~~~Cebrakon

Unless you can prove something you have no right to claim it.

I can burn toast with my heat vision. Just because I say it dosn't mean its even possible, fake until proven real.

"fake until proven real"

and thats why the earth remained flat for sooo many years...

;-)

She is probably convinced herself of somthing that does not exist, however fake untill proven real is what is wrong with this world.

i like the beyond reasonable doubt outlook on things, it takes alot to get a 100% certain (1) answer

Well people try and prove it and they are called pseudo scientists. The threashhold of knowledge doesn't seem to change, if a scientist steps out of it then they are automatically riduculed as being pseudo scientists. It's saying that some random person on the street has HIV and everyone would be warey of him and look at him despite you not even knowing him. There was a famous scientist who had this effect on electricity and he couldn't be in a room with devices in a science room, they'd blow up. We give more leeway for scientists in studies then pseudo science. There could be a slight flaw in the scientific approach but it's forgivable but if the same scientific mistake on appraoch was made for something paranormal it would be totally riducled.

I can burn toast with my heat vision. Just because I say it dosn't mean its even possible, fake until proven real.

:rolleyes: Proof lies only in mathematics and logic. Math is proof from axioms which are not themselves proven but simply assumed to apply.

Scientific method is also pure logic. As Sherlock Holmes (famous fictional figment) said, "When all the alternatives have been eliminated,

whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." So true. Add the requirement of reproducibility and you have the essence of scientific method.

:blink: You may think there would be too many alternatives to enumerate, but in practice, that is not so. Sometimes there is no known testable alternative. For instance, there is no known empirical alternative to evolution, and Einstein invented the first known alternative to Newtonian physics after 250 years or so.

~~~Cebrakon, who doesn't like his toast burned :D

What I am about to say is not for show and the reason why I finally joined just a few minutes ago was to post the wierd things I have done personally. You by no means have to believe a single word I say but what I say is without a shadow of a doubt the truth. I have 4 instances where I have interfered with electronics with my thought or whatever it may be.

The first occured when I was at my grandmother's house and I was going to microwave something to eat. As I did I had a thought in my head that when I press the button to open the microwave it would turn on. Well, you know what happened when I pushed the button. I pressed no button to activate the microwave.

The second happened at my house on a different microwave a couple years later. All I did was think about it for a second before I opened it and it turned on. I know this sounds stupid because it would to me too if it had not of happened.

The third time I was at my parents house and me and my mom were about to go to sleep and as I went to the television I thought what if I turned it off but it was technically still on. Once I did press the television power off it was still faintly on and you could hear the sound even though it was as loud as whispers. I told my mom what happened and she remembers it to this day.

The fourth time was when I was younger and I was playing a game called Gran Turismo and I was wanting to go to bed so I was about to save my game. Instead the game scrolled to everthing I was going to do with the controller. It saved my game and logged me off without me pressing anything.

Now reading all of this I can tell you that it is true but it sounds pretty damn crazy. How all this occured I do not know. I love science but there is nothing in science that I have found that can help me to understand what happened. I don't believe in ghosts, alien abductions, crop circles, conspiracies and the like but I do believe there are things that people cannot explain and is easier to shrug off as coincidences or just lies because there are many lies and believe or not coincidences do exist. But some things you just can't make up.

• 1 month later...

she should have a go with teh "amazing randi" and get that million dollar prize....IF itz true

she should have a go with teh "amazing randi" and get that million dollar prize....IF itz true

Randi is a fraud. He doesn't have a million dollars and would never give it over, so it is a fake prize, like the fake stuff he does on stage.

To the body electric, could you make a video with your cell phone and post it to YouTube? Not that I am skeptical. Anything is possible.

~~~Cebrakon