Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

world power

man_in_mudboots

europe could do very well. and the EU (european union) wouldnt try taking over the world and certainly wouldnt go to war with anyone, atleast thats what i think. europe is fairly wealthy and dont have any ego problems. europe could be a very powerful yet peaceful super power, no? tongue.gif and i dont understand stamfords remarks on prejudgice and jealousy...what ya talkin bout?

though i cant see america falling anytime soon either.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Seraphina

• Xenojjin

• Blood Angel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of curiousity, what makes you think America is going to fall?

so you think americas going to remain top dog until the end of time......

and crap!....i mean, crud......i just realized i posted this in bizzare world....it was supposed to go in off topic...howd i make that mistake?

on another note, if denmark ever got their stuff together, they could fill the capacity...they have holdings everywhere! or maybe my maps just really old.....

this has driven my hopelessly, creativly insane mind to draw a map of the world in year 2212. if i ever get that website up, ill post it here.

and i dont understand stamfords remarks on prejudgice and jealousy...what ya talkin bout?

I was hinting at the massive amount of prejudice the UK has with France, which has built up over hundreds of years and a hell of a lot of wars.

Just look at the arguments we are always having with France in the EU!!

It is funny how despite constantly claiming that the celts are a drain on the British economy the English wont let us go... could it be all that north sea oil.

And your shortbread!! wink2.gif

Man in mudboot said:

wonder which country is going to be the world power when america falls. i say China. tell me what you think. if you are a prophet, please post.

Hi, Can I ask what makes you think America will fall?

Probably, yes. You obviously think otherwise, could you explain further?

The MERCOSUR!!!! (Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay).

We have the manpower, the resources, we need a little more cohesion and we are ready!!

We have the manpower, the resources, we need a little more cohesion and we are ready!!

The problem is mekorig your economy's are falling apart, especially argentina ,britain showed the way, to build an empire its all about trade.

Unlike the the spanish who just plundered their empire which fell apart, the british traded.. Then used force.

The south american countries as with the african nations have far too much debt around the world to other countries to become globally powerful.

I was hinting at the massive amount of prejudice the UK has with France, which has built up over hundreds of years and a hell of a lot of wars.

Hate to tell you its only England and France that don't seem to like each other, we celts are a superior people and lack all forms of prejudice, particularly to the french, who as I recall for most of the wars against the English,Scotland was allied with the French ('the auld alliance').

Either France, Britain

France and Britain actually have weaker economies than Germany, if one of the European nations did become a superpower its most likely going to be it.

While that may be true germany has no real military strength and unless sanctions against them are changed it wont have in the near fututre.

If America were to fall germany may re-arm but the much more powerful militarily speaking nations would have made all their moves by the time they at least got weapons programmes moving.

Your right about the "auld alliance" but as britiain we have been involved in a number of wars against them, most notable the napoleonic, american and indian wars, that said they have also been our allies in a number of wars as well like the crimean, WW1 and WW2(even if that wasnt for long). So i really dont think theyre is any underlying feeling of hatred or agression towrds the french. They are our allies.

The reason we are "fighting" with them constantly in the E.U is because they are always looking out for themselves and there own interests and so are we its all healthy.

If america were to fall our country's public opinion may swing behind a europe wide superpower idea but we'll probably never know.

The problem is mekorig your economy's are falling apart, especially argentina ,britain showed the way, to build an empire its all about trade.

Unlike the the spanish who just plundered their empire which fell apart, the british traded.. Then used force.

The south american countries as with the african nations have far too much debt around the world to other countries to become globally powerful.

We were in ruins, but bulding up our economy in a very fast way. Same to Brazil. The only problems are the IMF and the vultures funds. Has i said, we have the manpower, the resources, the capacitation and we are creating a political and diplomatical front whit Brazil. I dont sayin in 5 or 10 years...but the Mercosur is going to be a very important player in the world political and econony in the future.

Hate to tell you its only England and France that don't seem to like each other, we celts are a superior people and lack all forms of prejudice, particularly to the french, who as I recall for most of the wars against the English,Scotland was allied with the French ('the auld alliance').

No your right, the only prejudice you boys have now is over the footy!! wink2.gif

When I mentioned prejudice between us and the French you are probably right, it is between the English and the French, but don't read that as "hatred", we DO get on, I just meant that neither really trusts the other when it comes to Europe and the EU and we would have to get on very well to form a powerful super state.

I do hold the Celtic nations in high esteem and we certainly are better united together than seperate; I do hope that the UK remains just that, UNITED!!

If America falls it really doesn't matter does it?

If America falls Europe falls.

If America falls it will be the end of civilization as we all know it.

If America falls ..............chaos, anarchy, thug rule, China will

spread like fire ants over a carcass.

Anyone who believes that Europe can over come China is mistaken.

Anyone who believes America could win a war against China is mistaken.

Anyone who believes America's fall would be a 'good' thing is mistaken.

As goes America...so goes the rest of the civilized world.

Conversly...as goes the rest of the civilized world....so goes America.

People....we are all in this together...can't you see?

I do hold the Celtic nations in high esteem and we certainly are better united together than seperate; I do hope that the UK remains just that, UNITED!!

Me 2 Stamford i am a very patriotic scot but im also patriotic about Britain too.

I mean for hundreds of years we were seperate and weak then together we created the single most powerful nation with the largest empire the world has ever and will ever see.

We get a lot of stick from our imerialistic days some is called for , But we civilised half the world and set up educational, trade and health facilities that would probably never have developed otherwise.

I mean we in the whole were very benevolent rulers, This is because we created our empire through trade.

Films like that one about the american war of independence with mel gibson are a disgrace. The british army as a whole usually acted with a lot of dignity and restraint (though i do accept there were gross actions as well).

So anyway stamford i hope the UK stays unified i guess you could call me a nationalistic unionist lol.

If America falls it will be the end of civilization as we all know it-chaos, anarchy, thug rule, China will spread like fire ants over a carcass, and anyone who believes that Europe and america can over come China is mistaken.

i wouldnt call in the end of civilization, but it think it would be about equal to the fall of the roman empire, except magnified to fit in the modern world, with china as the barbarians, and if china takes over like you say a very unique culture like that of Europe will be formed, just like the barbarion invasinos - history repeats.

Man in mudboot said:

wonder which country is going to be the world power when america falls. i say China. tell me what you think. if you are a prophet, please post.
Hi, Can I ask what makes you think America will fall?
Probably, yes. You obviously think otherwise, could you explain further?

were already waddling in our own political and financial filth, democrats and republicans are just stirring that slop around fussing, and the presidents seem to have the goal of waging two wars per four year term. seems to me like we're already over the peak and descending fast

If America falls it will be the end of civilization as we all know it.

Joc the world got on ok in the very very very long time that america wasnt around.

Ive said this to you before 250 million americans in a 6 billion population of the world.

I think we'll be ok

*is beginning to truly like wunarmdscissor* grin2.gif

Joc the world got on ok in the very very very long time that america wasnt around.

Ive said this to you before 250 million americans in a 6 billion population of the world.

I think we'll be ok

Did it really? ohmy.gif

How can I say this? We share a mutual enemy wiz, the Radical Fundamentalist

Holy Jihad wing of Islam. They are hellbent on destroying the US and Europe and

civilization as we know it. They are not the Russians trying to occupy the entire

world. They want to destroy civilization. I don't think you really understand

the terrorists. You just hate America it seems to me without recognizing that

we are all in this together. If you want a glimpse of the world that the terrorists

want to put in place go to prewar Afghanastan. No water, no electricity. No cars

no planes, they want the world before America and Europe created it the way it

is. They want to put all of us, you, me, all of us , back into the dark ages.

Wake up dude. Please. sad.gif

How can I say this? We share a mutual enemy wiz, the Radical Fundamentalist

Holy Jihad wing of Islam. They are hellbent on destroying the US and Europe and

civilization as we know it. They are not the Russians trying to occupy the entire

world. They want to destroy civilization. I don't think you really understand

the terrorists. You just hate America it seems to me without recognizing that

we are all in this together. If you want a glimpse of the world that the terrorists

want to put in place go to prewar Afghanastan. No water, no electricity. No cars

no planes, they want the world before America and Europe created it the way it

is. They want to put all of us, you, me, all of us , back into the dark ages.

Wake up dude. Please.

>_<

since when were we talking about terrorism ? And didnt Sadaam recently have his **** kicked ? It may not be all of terrorism but I doubt the little jihad fanatics are going to destroy the world .

And since when could other countries not take care of themselves ? Sure , certain trade issues would lower other countries economy but I doubt the entire world is going to fall just because U.S. falls , unless your assuming it will be terrorists that will destroy america in which case your forgetting that many countries have a pretty good military all on their own . Assuming the world will implode when U.S. falls is both arrogant and ignorant .

--------------------------------------------------------

As for what I think , it will depend on how U.S. falls in the end to determine who takes americas place . So Ill make a list of most likely candidates ...

Japan

England

New World order ( Europe bands together )

maybe China

since when were we talking about terrorism ? And didnt Sadaam recently have his **** kicked ? It may not be all of terrorism but I doubt the little jihad fanatics are going to destroy the world .

This is exactly what I am talking about. Some of you are gravely

underestimating both the terrorists and their goals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Assuming the world will implode when U.S. falls is both arrogant and ignorant .

America is the lone super-power in the world. Not because we are Imperialists,

rather because we are free. You think you live in a world apart from America

and that if we all just went away the world would be better off. You don't

quite understand reality as it exists in the new millennium. Your fear and hatred

of America is misplaced. I am sorry you don't understand. I don't know what

else to say to any of you. It is my intention to persuade you to see what is

actually happening with all this terrorism talk. I end my pursuit. Believe what

you will. Live in the '90s. crying.gifph34r.gif Everything changed on 9/11. Why,

oh why can't you people understand that? Is there anyone here who can

help me get this point across or am I just a lone voice crying in the wilderness?

*sadly shakes head and walks away*

theres a truth in what joc is sayin. he's not sayin america is better or the world wouldn't survive without america, i think what he's tryin to get across is that america has paved the way on which the western world now operates. take away america and you no longer have that influence, and the rest of the western world could become a little disoriented and worried and thus giving terrorists the chance to strike and cause serious, serious damage. america keeps them somewhat at bay. america gives the rest of the western world's its confidence. now im not sayin the western world wouldn't have confidence otherwise, its just america leads the way in modern society. im sure europe and the rest would fair just fine after the shock of the downfall of the u.s., but the time in which everyone is still confused after it happening would be enough for the terrorists to gain the upper hand, if even for a short period of time.

we celts are a superior people and lack all forms of prejudice

I can't believe nobody picked up on my quite delibrate hypocritical statement tongue.gif

That is because England benifits from Scottish and Welsh taxes, you see unlike English taxes which go into the local area, celtic taxes go to London and are spent on that city, we then get a small amount of that back. You also get North Sea oil in territory which used to belong to Scotland (until the English MPs had a vote and decided it was a good idea to change our water boarders). North sea oil revenvues go straight to the English economy and not to the Scottish economy dispite it being our oil. Furthermore Scotland is used as a testing ground for small things such as the ..oh oh Poll Tax... which I remember bing introduced in Scotland a year before England and Wales, and dispite widespread protests we were told to deal with it. A year later England gets it, one small protest in London later its revoked. Furthermore the Highlands are used as the UKs dumping ground for nuclear waste, and often jobs government pays companies to movie Scottish jobs to England such as the Nestle 1980s incident.

I could go on, but I've made my point.

Unfortuantly despite the Tories go on about us being a drain, England wont let us go. Furthermore so many of the population actually are so stupid to believe what they are told about small countries not surviving being independence dispite examples set by Ireland, and oh Luxembough!

joc....

1. I dont hate america . Dont accuse me of hating america just because I dont agree with you . disgust.gif

2.If what Irishvamp's translation of what your saying is what you mean , you need to work on how to get your points across alot more clearly . It sounds like your trying to say all other nations are too incompetent to carry on if the U.S. is destroyed . Which would be arrogant and untrue . tongue.gif