Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sharia law in UK

itsnotoutthere

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

For example, Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

Full story :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7232661.stm

Any thoughts on this topic?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bee

• questionmark

• jaylemurph

• ships-cat

Anybody fancy a civil war?

[The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

So....the Archbishop of Canterbury has become 'an enemy within'....and a dangerously influencial one!

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Seems too obvious to say...but....if they don't relate to the British legal system...they should go

live in an Islamic state....instead of trying to turn Britain into one.

Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

What a stupid thing to say....it would help create more separation.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

If they are so loyal to Islamic culture....what are they doing here?

Dr Rowan Williams has gone way too far....can he be sacked? I hope whoever put him in the

position he's in....will get rid of him....ASAP.

So....the Archbishop of Canterbury has become 'an enemy within'....and a dangerously influencial one!

Seems too obvious to say...but....if they don't relate to the British legal system...they should go

Dr Rowan Williams has gone way too far....can he be sacked? I hope whoever put him in the

Amen. :innocent:

I totally agree with you. That just boggles the mind how the British people are supposed to change their lives to suit some immigrants beliefs. And what about all the other immigrants? There are immigrants from all over, they are going to get shafted if this were to actually go anywhere. :no:

No way pedro, so we have to change not only are traditions and way of life, but now we have to change our laws, they can **** right off, what country changes its laws for 4% of the population, it'll be interesting to see what kind of votes the BNP gets at the next election, because this government will drive people to the far right,

No way pedro, so we have to change not only are traditions and way of life, but now we have to change our laws, they can **** right off, what country changes its laws for 4% of the population, it'll be interesting to see what kind of votes the BNP gets at the next election, because this government will drive people to the far right,

They've already got mine.

I wonder if collecting votes for the BNP is not what is on the agenda of his unholiness bishop Dr Rowan Williams. Every time he opens his mouth out comes something that drives more people there.

I don't get it... in which kind of country can 4% of the population set the total agenda?

I wonder if collecting votes for the BNP is not what is on the agenda of his unholiness bishop Dr Rowan Williams. Every time he opens his mouth out comes something that drives more people there.

I don't get it... in which kind of country can 4% of the population set the total agenda?

Well what do you expect from an old hippy?

a Great Country being brought to its knees by political weakness, and shower of sh** who run it, who have never done a decent days work in their lives and the only thing they've managed is their student fees, it no wonder they are a pile of crap.

if at the next election the government doesnt add a box on the ballot paper with, no cofidence, or none of the above am going to vote BNP as a protest vote, to get the other parties to wake up an listen to the people, because the way things are going now, if we dont give them a quick sharp shock, we're all ****ed,

The worst case is not the Sharia law beign impossed, but the general population beign scared and manipulated to vote extreme right wing parties like the BNP and have a 30´s Germany case in the UK.

The worst case is not the Sharia law beign impossed, but the general population beign scared and manipulated to vote extreme right wing parties like the BNP and have a 30´s Germany case in the UK.

You got something there... between the Murdoch Press and his Unholiness they are on a good way there too....

a Great Country being brought to its knees by political weakness, and shower of sh** who run it, who have never done a decent days work in their lives and the only thing they've managed is their student fees, it no wonder they are a pile of crap.

if at the next election the government doesnt add a box on the ballot paper with, no cofidence, or none of the above am going to vote BNP as a protest vote, to get the other parties to wake up an listen to the people, because the way things are going now, if we dont give them a quick sharp shock, we're all ****ed,

I have always argued for that extra box on the voting papers. If I dont want any of them then I should have my voice heard. I have spoiled my votes in the past by simply writing "I dont want any of these candidates representing me".

I can feel a slight welling of support against the Party System, and THAT would be good for democracy

I am seeing it in the news coming form the UK, i know that the UK´s muslim population is not integrating, but the media is over-reacting and giving too much cover to not soo important news, and the only thing you get from that is a histeric and scared population. Fresh grass for someone whit half a brain to take the power.

The general population are not daft and they see what is happening. If people move to the

extreme right, it is because they have been left with little or no alternative. And this will be

the fault of the politicians.....and twits like Rowan Williams.

This was the main item on tonight's 6 o'clock news....and it emerges that Williams' views are a

little more self-seeking than it first appears. He wants the law to be changed to take into account

all matters of religious 'conscience'....which ever religion that may be.

Talk about trying to turn back the clock and create social/legal chaos!!

I have always argued for that extra box on the voting papers. If I dont want any of them then I should have my voice heard. I have spoiled my votes in the past by simply writing "I dont want any of these candidates representing me".

I can feel a slight welling of support against the Party System, and THAT would be good for democracy

well done Keith, i might do the same myself because even if we voted out every single MP and replaced them with another. we'd see no difference, the last thing i want to do or see is have the BNP in power, but as it stands we need to do something, and something that will get the three main parties to listen to the population.

Mekorig, dont worry the UK wont go the way Germany did in the 30's. the Army wont let it,

Talk about trying to turn back the clock and create social/legal chaos!!

Hmmm.. I was thinking that his unholiness had a hidden agenda...

An interesting point Keithsco.... what sort of parliament would we have if EVERY single MP voted on their conscience, or the instructions of their constituents, rather than a party wip ?

As for Sharia... do NOT be fooled by the "awww... they're only using it to settle domestic issues"... Sharia conflicts with both Civil and Criminal law in many places. Do you think the Islamists will be content to submit to UK law when they reach these confliction zones ? Not hardly... they will push for Sharia to over-ride common law. How could they do otherwise ? Sharia is - effectively - the Law of God.

One Nation. One body of Law. One sovereign Parliament, on Judicial system.

Sadly, at the moment, all of the above seem to be the EU, but that's another rant.

As for encouraging BNP votes, it's worth remembering that - broadly speaking - the BNP's stated policies/manifestoes are those of the Conservative Party in the 1950's. I don't recall a Police State THEN.... of course, I wasn't actually BORN then, but that - also - is another story.

Meow Purr.

Mekorig, dont worry the UK wont go the way Germany did in the 30's. the Army wont let it,

That is what some Germans thought too....

What option do we have other than the BNP? i hear no complaints about the SNP (Scottish national party)

simple, join parties, be vocal, participate, make the idiots listen.

[As for Sharia... do NOT be fooled by the "awww... they're only using it to settle domestic issues"... Sharia conflicts with both Civil and Criminal law in many places. Do you think the Islamists will be content to submit to UK law when they reach these confliction zones ? Not hardly... they will push for Sharia to over-ride common law. How could they do otherwise ? Sharia is - effectively - the Law of God.

Yes...this would be the slippy slope.

As for encouraging BNP votes, it's worth remembering that - broadly speaking - the BNP's stated policies/manifestoes are those of the Conservative Party in the 1950's.

The BNP HAVE been demonised......they must be thrilled today....Rowan Williams has definitely gifted

them a shed load of votes.....even though, according to the news, his ideas have been 'slapped down'

by the PM and politicians across all parties.

The BNP HAVE been demonised......they must be thrilled today....Rowan Williams has definitely gifted

them a shed load of votes.....even though, according to the news, his ideas have been 'slapped down'

by the PM and politicians across all parties.

It's good to see these politicians 'slapping down' the ArchIdiots thoughts.

However... these are the same politicians who approve of, and - if not support, then at least condone, a (large) pressure/action group, called "The Muslim Parliament of Britain"

Lets look at that term again, and ponder what it means.

"The Muslim Parliament of Britain".

Ring any alarm bells ? Not the "Muslim association", or the "Muslim Friendship Society", but.. Muslim. Parliament. Britain.

I'm ranting, aren't I ?

Perhaps it's time for Kibbles and the Catblanket.

Meow Purr.

Perhaps it's time for Kibbles and the Catblanket.

Meow Purr.

How 'bout: Time to get politically involved instead of ranting?