Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sharia law in UK

itsnotoutthere

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Dr Williams argues that adopting parts of Islamic Sharia law would help maintain social cohesion.

For example, Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court.

He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

Full story :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7232661.stm

Any thoughts on this topic?

Dr. Rowan Williams is simply helping the Islams in UK jump start their own constitution and eventually their own government and country within.

He must have seen the video of what the extrenmist do to those who disagree with them. :unsure2:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bee

• questionmark

• jaylemurph

• ships-cat

[However... these are the same politicians who approve of, and - if not support, then at least condone, a (large) pressure/action group, called "The Muslim Parliament of Britain"

Correct.

Lets look at that term again, and ponder what it means.

"The Muslim Parliament of Britain".

Yes....this says it all....regarding the long-term aspirations.

How 'bout: Time to get politically involved instead of ranting?

Read all about it.....BNP elect a Cat...who lives on a SHIP...to be their new leader.... :P

Perhaps not....didn't the Monster Raving Looney Party have a cat as their leader?

That wasn't YOU was it Ship's Cat? :o

Woah! It's amazing, I'm not from UK, but I was there once. I kinda feel the segregation between the immigrant (especially Moslem) and the locals. I know a lot of them won't even learn how to speak English, which gave me quite ridiculous problem because even if I'm a moslem, I couldn't ask them where is the Mosque, because they don't even understand me (and I can only speak English, unless if they speak either Japanese or Indonesian). I know it's kinda funny to push Sharia law into an obligatory system of national laws. I myself was a law student in an Islamic University in my country. And even in my country, with 90% of it's population being Moslem, Sharia law is not on our national law! However, starting from the 90s, there are private Sharia banks and financial firms to accomodate those prefering Sharia's system of economy.

The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Any thoughts on this topic?

It's not unavoidable.

It will take some politically incorrect decisions to stop letting muslims (all of them-until they get their stupid religion under control) in the country and to not be afraid to send these people (and their entire families back) from where they came from after they get here and screw up (and that includes talking trash about the country you are in)...

But politicians are too weak minded and weak willed and disinterested to do such..

Which is why neo-nazism will be on the rise in Europe soon..The disenfrachised populace will strike back at some time or another..

Edited by Pinky Floyd

just kill them all and that would be that.JK. any way if they dont like the laws that govern them then get the fu#$ out and take their stupid beliefs with them,nuff said

Read all about it.....BNP elect a Cat...who lives on a SHIP...to be their new leader.... :P

Perhaps not....didn't the Monster Raving Looney Party have a cat as their leader?

That wasn't YOU was it Ship's Cat? :o

Oh Noooo.... I missed my chance. :(

I'll have to stand as an indepurrrrrdant. :)

Meow Purr.

Oh Noooo.... I missed my chance. :(

I'll have to stand as an indepurrrrrdant. :)

I've just had an idea....you and Cat Stevens should have a confurrrence about this Sharia malarky and

get it sorted out.... :yes:

I've just had an idea....you and Cat Stevens should have a confurrrence about this Sharia malarky and

get it sorted out.... :yes:

Hmmm... finally two cats in a room talking to each other... good idea :tu:

What an idiotic move (not that there haven't been many, among them giving the rights for Orthodox Jews to take their disputes to Rabbinical Courts even if it crosses over into areas that have always been regulated by the non-religious government - like marriage contracts and the like). I especially like the utterly inane comment that said bishop made here:

He argued, for example, that the principle enshrined during the 18th-century Enlightenment, that all citizens should be under the uniform law of a sovereign state, was a reaction to despotism. He said that a modern democratic society should “acknowledge the liberty of conscientious opting-out from collaboration with procedures or practices that are in tension with demands of particular religious groups.”

Translation: "We should allow religious groups with assbackwards systems of negotiating contracts that touch on human rights issues opt out of the "all citizens equal under the law" principle just because they want to."

Screw that. Why should the ostensibily secular state bend over to appease religions? The simple fact of the matter is that when you dwell in a country, and a democratic country to boot, you live by that country's laws - because if those laws don't apply to everyone, then the idea of democratic governance is generally a joke.

Hmmm... finally two cats in a room talking to each other... good idea :tu:

Nah, they would just sit and stare at one another.

Its already happening:

The first court started in Birmingham in 1982. There are now about ten courts, with three in London and others in Birmingham, Rotherham and Dewsbury. They cater to Muslims of various ethnic backgrounds, mainly from the Indian sub-continent, but also many from Arab and Somalian backgrounds.

Ayda-rus Yusuf, a youth worker from Soma-lia, told BBC Radio 4 last year that a stabbing case was decided upon by an unofficial “court” sitting in Woolwich, southeast London.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle3330657.ece

Edited by Moon Monkey

Its already happening:

The first court started in Birmingham in 1982. There are now about ten courts, with three in London and others in Birmingham, Rotherham and Dewsbury. They cater to Muslims of various ethnic backgrounds, mainly from the Indian sub-continent, but also many from Arab and Somalian backgrounds.

Ayda-rus Yusuf, a youth worker from Soma-lia, told BBC Radio 4 last year that a stabbing case was decided upon by an unofficial “court” sitting in Woolwich, southeast London.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle3330657.ece

Marvellous bloody marvelous, well, we're getting into a sorry state of affairs here, when we'll end up having one law for one and one for another, :wacko: the Aussies are starting a new campaigne to get Britons to emigrate to Oz, it does make you think, B)

Marvellous bloody marvelous, well, we're getting into a sorry state of affairs here, when we'll end up having one law for one and one for another, :wacko: the Aussies are starting a new campaigne to get Britons to emigrate to Oz, it does make you think, B)

Australia is close to one of the most populous Muslim nations on Earth. (Indonesia).

Although... you never seem to hear much about Colonial Islamism emanating from Indonesia... they just seem to get on with their lives.

Meow Purr.

A few of my friends on another forum I belong to are somewhat worried that Sharia law is slowly creeping its way around the world. And that Liberal politicians and law makers are making it even easier for it to happen.

Today...Rowan Williams is 'in shock' at the hostile reaction to what he said.

And has been unavailable to make further comment....!!

It just goes to show how out of touch the man is..... he has, basically, lost the

respect and confidence of his own church and the nation....It may not be too

long before he has to resign.

Imagine the atmosphere at his next public sermon....serves him right...he's been

a naive fool.

id throw a tomato at him :yes:

Waste of a perfectly good tomato !

Err... if you're not going to THROW that tomato, could I have it ? It will go well with my Sarnies tomorrow :)

Rowan Williams should look to his OWN Church, and stop trying to promote OTHER religions.

Meow Purr.

A few of my friends on another forum I belong to are somewhat worried that Sharia law is slowly creeping its way around the world. And that Liberal politicians and law makers are making it even easier for it to happen.

...from what I've seen most of the people in this thread tend to demonize liberals anyway, so isn't this more of effort-saving tactic on their part to consolidate disparate hate than a realistic suggestion to what's going to happen?

It wouldn't be the first time conservatives have co-opted xenophobia to further their ideas.

--Jaylemurph

It wouldn't be the first time conservatives have co-opted xenophobia to further their ideas.

So the possibility of sharia law in Briton is either a ruse by the conservatives or what?? I have a hard time believing that it is conservative ideology that would allow the infiltration, while liberalism does have the ideology of 'progression' -which is a euphamism for tolerating the primitive ideology of immigrants that arrive and refuse to assimilate themselves into the accepting culture...

Can't blame this one on conservatives. If it were all up to conservatives (hence the 'conservative' description in the name itself), there would be few (if any) immigrants-especially ones that promote this dark-age crap.

Hmmm.... shouldn't setting up 'alternative courts' be classed as a form of Sedition ? After all, the handling of criminal trials is a crown perogative.

Meow Purr.

[it wouldn't be the first time conservatives have co-opted xenophobia to further their ideas.

So...do you think that it is realistic to 'fear' the spread of conservative/extreme... Islamic influence?

Or do you think we're just being mean to Rowan Williams and mean to muslims?

How about Sharia law for New York? If you say...no....are you being a xenophobe?

So the possibility of sharia law in Briton is either a ruse by the conservatives or what?? I have a hard time believing that it is conservative ideology that would allow the infiltration, while liberalism does have the ideology of 'progression' -which is a euphamism for tolerating the primitive ideology of immigrants that arrive and refuse to assimilate themselves into the accepting culture...

Can't blame this one on conservatives. If it were all up to conservatives (hence the 'conservative' description in the name itself), there would be few (if any) immigrants-especially ones that promote this dark-age crap.

At what point did Americans lose the ability to spell other countries names? (Sorry, this one isn't aimed solely at you, but within the last 24 hours, you're the third person who couldn't properly spell another nation's name... and these are countries like Britain and Canada, not Myanmar or Kyrgyzstan. Really, political discussion by someone unable to spell the name of a long-time political ally is dubious.)

Yes, I think it is a ruse. A fear-mongering ruse by the ignorant as an excuse to further their fear of different cultures, much as you're doing by striping all Islamic culture with the brush of being "primitive" and subtly suggesting /all/ Muslim immigrants are actively not assimilating.

I mean, would you level the same threats and same insults at American non-assimiliators? Would you suggest the Amish are secretly planning to take over the government? Of course not. But then, they're white. That probably has more to do with this than anything else, but as usual most of the bigots here are smart enough not to go around saying explicitly racist things. At least the really racist people around here are /honest/ about it in a way that the people wringing their hands here and with the fatuous suggestion that Britain is going to overturn millennia of jurisprudence in favor of minority religious law aren't.

So...do you think that it is realistic to 'fear' the spread of conservative/extreme... Islamic influence?

No, but I think mindless rejection of Islam and Muslims (and that's exactly what I think this is) is. Like everything else, there are different kinds of Muslims, and all fear-mongering like this does is to erase those distinctions by appealing to deeply held and easily manipulated fear. To say something like this is a rational response to anything is a explicit victory for xenophobia.

Or do you think we're just being mean to Rowan Williams and mean to muslims?

How about Sharia law for New York? If you say...no....are you being a xenophobe?

No. But what you're doing here is deliberately confounding issues. There is no Sharia law in America; there will not be. The American system of jurisprudence is unlikely to be overturned. That said, any discussion of me being xenophobic is ipso facto a straw man argument. There is no issue of it being xenophobic or not since it has nothing to do other than to cast dispersions on your interlocutor and shy away from the topic at hand. The same thing applies in Britain. This whole idea of there being Sharia law there is a straw man as an excuse to nail Muslims.

--Jaylemurph

At what point did Americans lose the ability to spell other countries names? (Sorry, this one isn\'t aimed solely at you, but within the last 24 hours, you\'re the third person who couldn\'t properly spell another nation\'s name... and these are countries like Britain and Canada, not Myanmar or Kyrgyzstan. Really, political discussion by someone unable to spell the name of a long-time political ally is dubious.)

British people, or Britons,[14] are a nation[15][16][17][18][19] or inhabitants of Great Britain[20][21] or citizens of the United Kingdom, of the Isle of Man, one of the Channel Islands, or of one of the British overseas territories. In an historical context, the word is used to refer to the ancient Brythons, the indigenous inhabitants of most of Great Britain.

I have read it many,many times as \'Briton\' (usually from older sources but nonetheless valid).

You really need more fiber in your diet if you are concerned to the point of dismissing another person out of hand over subtle semantics such as this.

Source

Yes, I think it is a ruse.

A fear-mongering ruse by the ignorant as an excuse to further their fear of different cultures, much as you\'re doing by striping all Islamic culture with the brush of being \"primitive\" and subtly suggesting /all/ Muslim immigrants are actively not assimilating.

Compaired to us, they are primitive...Read the other threads...And you did not explain how that a ruse could be constructed by conservatives that is in complete juxtapostion to conservative dogma?? Whereas this falls right in line with liberal thinking and excessive tolerance.

I mean, would you level the same threats and same insults at American non-assimiliators? Would you suggest the Amish are secretly planning to take over the government? Of course not.

An absurd comparison. You are begging irrational conclusions through irrational comparisons. The Amish do not call for beheading homosexuals, sharia law, arresting women that talk to men, chop womens heads off for showing hair, kill movie makers that expose the plight of women, riot when pictures of their dingbat mohammed is shown and call for the executions of people who wish to leave this primative belief system..I could go on and on and on...

Islam does call for (and does these things).

It is things like this (and many others) that separates us from them...And yes, not doing things like this makes us more tolerant and modern than they are.

But then, they\'re white.

Racial card..Well played but has no meaning here. This is about cultures..Which islam is. Not a race.

That probably has more to do with this than anything else, but as usual most of the bigots here are smart enough not to go around saying explicitly racist things.

For the last time..ISLAM IS NOT A RACE..

At least the really racist people around here are /honest/ about it in a way that the people wringing their hands here and with the fatuous suggestion that Britain is going to overturn millennia of jurisprudence in favor of minority religious law aren't.

Don't look now but it's happening..

Edited by Pinky Floyd