Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sharia law in UK

itsnotoutthere

wow...5 pages of speculation and fear mongering coming to a head...isnt this just islamophobia?...there wont be any sharia law in england, so the whole argument is null and void...but keep at it... it shows such prejudice and intolerance... :hmm:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bee

• questionmark

• jaylemurph

• ships-cat

wow...5 pages of speculation and fear mongering coming to a head...isnt this just islamophobia?...there wont be any sharia law in england, so the whole argument is null and void...but keep at it... it shows such prejudice and intolerance... :hmm:

I hear the left continually griping about prejudice and bias calling it 'islamophobia' but ignoring and NEVER commenting on things like this:

Publicly behead and stone adulterers, fornicators and homosexuals (consenting adults making whoopie in the privacy of thier bedrooms.)

Treat women as property and chattel.

Burn Bibles and other religions text at borders (i.e: Saudi Arabia-please tell me of a Christian or Jewish or Hindu or whatever nation that does that to the koran??)

Execute ex-muslims for having the nerve to want to leave the religion-apostasy (Not necessary go to another religion-just to leave islam).

Riot (50 people died last time-that's a hell of a lot more than simply picketing a concert or movie about Jeebus..) when a simple picture of mohammed (p*** be upon him) is printed...

etc.etc.etc...

Talk about intolerance...

Not a word about these things... No comments at all. If it were a Christian, Jewish or Hindu nation(s) doing any of this..there would be calls for UN intervention. But since it's the placid muslims doing it, I'd guess them nasty fornicators deserved to have their heads removed by the government.

(And you people grip about waterboarding terrorists..while people like me who decry what islam does to consenting adults and women are listed as 'racists'..)

Why are these not discussed as atrocities by the left and continually ignored by them??

Edited by Pinky Floyd

I hear the left continually griping about prejudice and bias calling it 'islamophobia' but ignoring and NEVER commenting on things like this:

Talk about intolerance...

Not a word about these thing... No comments at all. If it were a Christian, Jewish or Hindu nation(s) doing any of this..there would be calls for UN intervention. But since it's the placid muslims doing it, I'd guess them nasty fornicators deserved to have their heads removed by the government.

(And you people grip about waterboarding terrorists..while people like me who decry what islam does to consenting adults and women are listed as 'racists'..)

Why are these not discussed as atrocities by the left and continually ignored by them??

Your bang on the money with those 6 lines.

I'm not going to comment on the impact of the Archbishop of Canterbury's remarks and where i think this could be heading, it annoys me to much to stay dispassionate.

No? i can't see a prepositional term linking the word Scotch.

Oh dear. No, it's technically improper to end a sentence with a preposition, so I wrote the slightly awkward " for those people of which I spoke " instead of "For those people I spoke of". It had nothing to do with Scotch.

If your link does say Scotch-Irish? your link is grammatically incorrect, and id imagine it's been written by a yank, if you'd called one of the inhabitants of Glasgow "scotch" while you were living there you'd have probably got yourself a Glasgow kiss.

I can't read for you, so if you can't see that quote in the first paragraph where it specifically says "Scotch-Irish is the traditional form" I can't help you.

I agree with unlimited. That feels odd.

--Jaylemurph

Let whoever wants to live by sharia law in the UK, live by sharia law. They still have to observe UK law which over-rides it, so it just means more laws for them to observe.

We could also use it as a "bogeyman" for repeat offenders that our courts seem unwilling to deal with properly......"one more drunk and disorderly/burglary/fight/stolen car and we'll send you to sharia court for them to deal with you"

While agreeing that the proposal in itself was outrageous, no civilized country can afford a two tier law, the reaction of Britain was also just so... every prejudice boiled up all over the press.

An taking the lead: Don Rupert " only print the truth" Murdoch

While agreeing that the proposal in itself was outrageous, no civilized country can afford a two tier law, the reaction of Britain was also just so... every prejudice boiled up all over the press.

An taking the lead: Don Rupert " only print the truth" Murdoch

Only 'cause we all know the terror Shia Law brings.

It's a theocracy-type justice law. Justice being Ironic here... And it being in a secular country, it doesn't mix. Once it's in, you'll get the radicals screaming it to be equal to secular law.

May sound like rubbish, but, really. It'll happen. If it doesn't then, you know, death to the Uk rallies will be everywhere.

Might be worth mentioning that various UK Jewish communities have been doing this for decades. Thus far, the sky hasn't fallen in. (oooh... no... wait... Global Warming... arrrgh... it's all the Jooooooz fault...<goes to lie down in a quiet corner with a mug of hot chocolate> )

Meow Purr.

Might be worth mentioning that various UK Jewish communities have been doing this for decades. Thus far, the sky hasn't fallen in. (oooh... no... wait... Global Warming... arrrgh... it's all the Jooooooz fault...<goes to lie down in a quiet corner with a mug of hot chocolate> )

Meow Purr.

Except. How many Jewish communities call for death to people, death to the UK and support be-headings in their community laws?

And how many want Britain to be run under Jewish laws?

Except. How many Jewish communities call for death to people, death to the UK and support be-headings in their community laws?

And how many want Britain to be run under Jewish laws?

Perhaps they're more subtle ?

Our local Synagog put a motion to the Purrish Council to divide a disused playing field into a collection of Allotment areas.

It all looked good on paper. But we wheren't fooled for it MINUTE. It would merely result in a series of Zionist Plots.

<groaaaan>

My names Shalom Elton... I'll be here all week... thank you...

Meow Purr.

Perhaps they're more subtle ?

Our local Synagog put a motion to the Purrish Council to divide a disused playing field into a collection of Allotment areas.

It all looked good on paper. But we wheren't fooled for it MINUTE. It would merely result in a series of Zionist Plots.

<groaaaan>

My names Shalom Elton... I'll be here all week... thank you...

Meow Purr.

Besides, taking out the old family Talmud, and looking through some rabbinical laws.... I doubt that Britain would go for stoning infidel women ....

I just can't see sharia law becoming part of the legal system in the UK...to me, this seems more like fearmongering. I could be wrong of course, considering I don't live in the UK or never had, but it does seem there are lots of scandalous articles on muslims in the UK popping up here and there. What I fear is that the far right is using this stuff to gain more supporters...and we've seen where the far right takes us, haven't we (not saying far left is any better)?

Its already happening:

The first court started in Birmingham in 1982. There are now about ten courts, with three in London and others in Birmingham, Rotherham and Dewsbury. They cater to Muslims of various ethnic backgrounds, mainly from the Indian sub-continent, but also many from Arab and Somalian backgrounds.

Ayda-rus Yusuf, a youth worker from Soma-lia, told BBC Radio 4 last year that a stabbing case was decided upon by an unofficial “court” sitting in Woolwich, southeast London.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle3330657.ece

If Sharia law is being used (re crimes)....unofficially in Britain already.....I wonder if the death

penalty has ever been carried out? The sentenced one becomes a 'missing' person....and they are never seen

again.....??

people only had to listen to BBC Asia, they had a phone in about this sharia law, and i can tell you that the vast majority of callers wanted sharia law, what worried me was most of the callers had english accents which shows people born here that have never lived under sharia law want it, and why would they want it, answer the koran says so, not my words but the callers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/ i cant find the listen again feature

have a listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/document...urandobey.shtml

Edited by stevewinn

name='jaylemurph' date='Feb 10 2008, 04:38 PM' post='2144547'

Oh dear. No, it's technically improper to end a sentence with a preposition, so I wrote the slightly awkward " for those people of which I spoke " instead of "For those people I spoke of". It had nothing to do with Scotch.

You write many prepositional sentences, to highlight one is strange particularly when your not addressing the subject-matter, have you just finished doing a GCSE?

I can't read for you, so if you can't see that quote in the first paragraph where it specifically says "Scotch-Irish is the traditional form" I can't help you.

I've just read it, You and the link are wrong.

Edited by hetrodoxly

You write many prepositional sentences, to highlight one is strange particularly when your not addressing the subject-matter, have you just finished doing a GCSE?

I've just read it, You and the link are wrong.

As I said, OT. OTT OT, as a matter of fact.*

But do see my PM on the subject.

--Jaylemurph

Okay, I apologise for that one. I just couldn't resist.

I totally agree with you. That just boggles the mind how the British people are supposed to change their lives to suit some immigrants beliefs. And what about all the other immigrants? There are immigrants from all over, they are going to get shafted if this were to actually go anywhere. :no:

You wanna hear something funny? I live in Southern California, and the emergency broadcasting system comes in Spanish before English....

You wanna hear something funny? I live in Southern California, and the emergency broadcasting system comes in Spanish before English....

Makes sense, you first want to notify the majority...

Mmmh I don't know.. as a law abiding male citizen..

Sharia law doesn't really affect me. :P

Mmmh I don't know.. as a law abiding male citizen..

Sharia law doesn't really affect me. :P

Shariah Is for Everyone!

By Henryk M. Broder

The archbishop of Canterbury has proposed a partial introduction of Islamic Shariah law in Great Britain. This is yet another step on the part of the Western world to subjugate itself to a Muslim immigrant minority unwilling to integrate.

In the autumn of 2006, the Dutch were dismayed over a book that had been published by the country's then justice minister, in which he speculated over the introduction of Shariah law in the Netherlands.

"How can this (the introduction of Shariah) be prevented legally?" the minister wrote. "Simply calling it 'impossible' would be scandalous. The majority counts. This happens to be the essence of democracy."

If two-thirds of the Dutch public favored Shariah, the minister argued, its introduction would be unavoidable. Forced onto the defensive, the minister explained that his comment had merely been a reference "to the democratic principle" that a two-thirds majority is all it takes to amend the country's constitution.

At the same time, of course, he criticized the ongoing immigration and integration debate. "I don't like the tone of the political debate," he said. "To say: 'You must conform and accept our norms and values as your own; be reasonable, do as we do,' doesn't conform to the way I think things should be handled.'"

But the minister neglected to explain exactly how he thought things should be handled. His omission only reinforced the impression among many in the Netherlands that what he really meant was that it is not the immigrants who should "conform and accept our norms and values," but the Dutch who should conform to the norms and values of immigrants.

Full story, Source: Der Spiegel

I said it before and I will say it again. If you want to live in this country then you abide by our laws, if you don't like it...leave. I am not bothered about people's religious views, as long as they don't infringe on my rights as a human and a British citizen and as long as those views do not bring destruction.

I said it before and I will say it again. If you want to live in this country then you abide by our laws, if you don't like it...leave. I am not bothered about people's religious views, as long as they don't infringe on my rights as a human and a British citizen and as long as those views do not bring destruction.

I'll vote for you :tu:

Its the first time in history that Europe has been invaded without a fight!!!

well said, :tu:

trouble is most of them that want the sharia law have been born here, never lived under such a law yet want it why? i tell you why religion nothing more nothing less, you only have to listen to BBC asian on their phone in, to be honest if i was in charge i'd ban the religion, and if you want to practise it then you'll just have to move somewhere else, <_<

I am a Muslim in Bradford. Foolish woman, you have forgotten your place. If you want to live , then you will abide by Allah's laws; if you don't like it, then submit to Dhimmi or leave. But we will catch up with you... Islam is an expanding belief, and will find you eventually. I am not bothered about other people's religious views, as long as you abandon them and submit to Islam. (Islam translates as "submit", after all, so you can't deny the logic of my position. And if you DO deny it, I will kill you. Because it is written. ). As for infringement on your "rights".. your "right" is to submit. You are NOT human... you are a WOMAN... and therefore an inferior - and sinfull - vassal of the Ummah.

If you "resist" instead of "Islam", then you will most certainly risk destruction.

Kind regards.

Mussaaf - al bahdley-drawn Cat.

So... I guess that's alright then ?

Meow Purr.