Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psi-balls

muddpuppy

*snip*

I believe in "psi-balls" because, when I make them, I can feel them. Not "sense" them with some kind of esp, but FEEL them. In my hands. I can feel a spongy kind of pressure, tingling on my palms, whatever. Sure, I can't prove that to anybody else, but I don't see why I have to. Why is it my concern whether or not you believe me? If you're concerned about it, then convince me that I'm wrong.

What's neat is that I didn't learn about "psi-balls." I learned about "chi-balls" in my Tai Chi class. It turns out that the Taoist form of moving meditation, Yang Style Tai Chi, has been utilizing this kind of energy ball concept for thousands of years. If you look at a lot of the movements, they're centered around this ball of chi that sort of sits in your midsection. Being able to move this energy through your body is part of the rewards of practicing Tai Chi, and it's definitely an experience-based reality.

As far as proof goes, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it. Logic isn't reality, it's simply a tool for our understanding of reality. Logic has its flaws as well. For instance, Solipsism has shown us that it's simply impossible to prove that anybody else exists. For all I know, you are all simply illusions and my life is one giant hallucination, and there's simply nothing that anybody can say or do to absolutely prove otherwise. Does this mean that I shouldn't believe that anybody else exists? Well, maybe. But I'm not going to live that way. However, if somebody else DID live that way, I wouldn't spend my time trying to prove them wrong.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If you don't believe something, that's fine. Don't believe in it. Nobody is asking you to. *snip*

Edited by Magikman
Removed inappropriate remarks

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

I believe in "psi-balls" because, when I make them, I can feel them. Not "sense" them with some kind of esp, but FEEL them. In my hands. I can feel a spongy kind of pressure, tingling on my palms, whatever. Sure, I can't prove that to anybody else, but I don't see why I have to. Why is it my concern whether or not you believe me? --Don't believe you.

What's neat is that I didn't learn about "psi-balls." I learned about "chi-balls" in my Tai Chi class. It turns out that the Taoist form of moving meditation, Yang Style Tai Chi, has been utilizing this kind of energy ball concept for thousands of years. If you look at a lot of the movements, they're centered around this ball of chi that sort of sits in your midsection. Being able to move this energy through your body is part of the rewards of practicing Tai Chi, and it's definitely an experience-based reality. --Of course since you can't prove it.

As far as proof goes, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it. Logic isn't reality,Real life is.

it's simply a tool for our understanding of reality. Logic has its flaws as well. For instance, Solipsism has shown us that it's simply impossible to prove that anybody else exists. For all I know, you are all simply illusions and my life is one giant hallucination,

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: If you don't believe something, that's fine. Don't believe in it. Nobody is asking you to. Sorry, can help you there. We are tired of psi kiddies.

Edited by Magikman

Yeah, so you're super clever and good at stroking your internet message board ego. That's great. *snip How about you go to a discussion that interests you instead of hovering about here and harrassing people who are actually interested in the topic? You don't believe it, and that's great. You're a true champion. Now move on.

If you're just too bored with your life, there are plenty of other sites with funny videos and stuff to help you kill time until you're old enough to die a dignified death.

I love the paranormal. Its very interesting. I also like the truth which you seem very scared of.

Don't tell me where to post and don't use vulgar words. There are children on here. If the skeptics didn't call out you supposed psions, this would be called the xman board.

By the way, I have a wonderful life. Thanks for the compliments.You are the one sounding very defensive and nasty. Good luck with that.The clock is ticking.

Edited by Magikman
Removed inappropriate remark

I love the paranormal. Its very interesting. I also like the truth which you seem very scared of.

Don't tell me where to post and don't use vulgar words. There are children on here. If the skeptics didn't call out you supposed psions, this would be called the xman board.

By the way, I have a wonderful life. Thanks for the compliments.You are the one sounding very defensive and nasty. Good luck with that.The clock is ticking.

I'm not a psion. I'm just a person. I believe in chi, I believe that I can feel it. I've studied astronomy, cosmology and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around physics. I've studied philosophy and psychology. I have faith in science, but I also recognize that science is not at its apex. It's easy to believe that we know everything there is to know about reality. I'm sure that if you'd look back a few hundred years, you'd see that they, too, thought they knew everything there is to know about reality. The things that we see today in our everyday world would sound like the ramblings of an insane person to the scientists of just a hundred or so years ago. It's easy to be narrow minded and call other people wish-washy flakes. But that never gets anybody anywhere. Progress in anything isn't made by being a naysayer. It's made by the people who say "hey, maybe." And those are the people I'm interested in talking to. So, goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you did not know there were children on here.

This is going off topic. I will only tell you this Electro! Laughing was not the only thing people expressed toward Edison.

People were also scared, as well as some were awe struck in wonderment. Not everyone understood exactly what

Edison was doing. So, the responses varied.

Thats all I have to say about this, if you want to know more look it up for yourself.

Regards,

Tom

Ya right laughing was one of them. People thought he was going mad people thought this people thought that but he succeeded.

The post at the top of this page..Excellent...It's true, you can just feel the energy there...You don't need anymore proof than that...And Eric, you're gonna say that you tried it when you were a kid, and nothing happened...But the fact that you were so easily deturred, and that you immeidiately started attacing people who claimed to of done it, just cause you never were able to, proves you weren't even devoted enough to achieve it in the first place...

The post at the top of this page..Excellent...It's true, you can just feel the energy there...You don't need anymore proof than that...And Eric, you're gonna say that you tried it when you were a kid, and nothing happened...But the fact that you were so easily deturred, and that you immeidiately started attacing people who claimed to of done it, just cause you never were able to, proves you weren't even devoted enough to achieve it in the first place...

Yet you cannot prove you achieved this feat either among the other so called abilities you claim to have.

I thought you did not know there were children on here.

You are making no sense. It's obvious there are numerous children on this board.

Or I was an intelligent kid who was able to grasp the concept of logic.

I aced my logic class. Just an FYI. Though I'm sure you're an intellectual juggernaut.

Logic is just the mainstream ideas of todays society...In todays logic, guys don't wear girls clothes, but if someone went back in time and changed it so girls wore guy clothes, and guys were girl clothes, That logic would change...Logic is just the mainstream idea of what reality is, and what it should be....

Yeah, twelve year olds all over the world are suddenly able to do psi very easily and within a week of practice now that video recorders and the internet are common in every home yet, for example, when Eric and I were trying this stuff we werent able to get the stuff to work over a great length of time (years in my case). It makes perfect sense that some kid experimenting with this stuff because of a video they say on youtube is successful but someone who practiced for a great length of time, truly believe and wanted nothing more in this world then to have one of these abilities falls terribly short. Read what I am saying because I am getting of typing it out. Over the course of several YEARS I tried this stuff, I practiced, I studied, I meditated, I believed with all that I was that I could do these things as long as I tried and believed. I tried, I believed and I got NOWHERE. Yet you want to tell me some kid on youtube with his daddys camcorder and time off during xmas vacation is able to master this pinwheel crap? Spare me would you.

The only people I see continuing past this experimental stage or those that blindly believe. Just a personal observation here. I can not do that and its why I am an atheist where I was once a catholic. I was once a believer but lacking the ability to believe blindly I am now a skeptic.

Oh and dont give me this stuff about well only "gifted" or "special" people are able to do these abilities. Once again I direct you to every snot nosed prepubescent kid on youtube. I am not seeing special or gifted here. I am seeing too much time on the internet and not playing outside enough. Oh I have had enough long, drawn out, painful conversation with older 18+ people that believe in this stuff and present it as real to assure you that the great majority of them are not special or gifted. Unless they are some kind of idiot savant who is perfectly capable of tossing the couch across the living room with their mind powers but are totally incapable of simple logic, observation, basic sentence structure, grammar or just plain interacting with other human beings. Oh sure there are a few that are intelligent, observant and present a good case but for the most part no, I am not seeing special.

Logic is just the mainstream ideas of todays society...In todays logic, guys don't wear girls clothes, but if someone went back in time and changed it so girls wore guy clothes, and guys were girl clothes, That logic would change...Logic is just the mainstream idea of what reality is, and what it should be....

Not hardly. Logic in no way states that guys dont wear girls clothes or any of that. Tradition has more to do with it than anything really. That and not wanting to go against what people consider "normal". Actually thats it. Normal is the mainstream idea of what reality is, not logic. Logic would state the one should wear the clothes that are best suited for the tasks at hand and let me tell you sometimes wearing a "skirt" is practical, comfortable and the only way to go for a guy. I am talking about a kilt you twits....

Take the time to research what logic is. Become familiar with it and try to practice it in everyday life. Until you can understand what it is and how it works your conversations here are going to be rather limited....

Kevin A.

and back to the argueing B)

Skeptics vs. Believers- Round 2...

Get in your corners, Skeptics in Red, Believers in Black....

Now

Argue...

Yeah, twelve year olds all over the world are suddenly able to do psi very easily and within a week of practice now that video recorders and the internet are common in every home yet, for example, when Eric and I were trying this stuff we werent able to get the stuff to work over a great length of time (years in my case). It makes perfect sense that some kid experimenting with this stuff because of a video they say on youtube is successful but someone who practiced for a great length of time, truly believe and wanted nothing more in this world then to have one of these abilities falls terribly short. Read what I am saying because I am getting of typing it out. Over the course of several YEARS I tried this stuff, I practiced, I studied, I meditated, I believed with all that I was that I could do these things as long as I tried and believed. I tried, I believed and I got NOWHERE. Yet you want to tell me some kid on youtube with his daddys camcorder and time off during xmas vacation is able to master this pinwheel crap? Spare me would you.

The only people I see continuing past this experimental stage or those that blindly believe. Just a personal observation here. I can not do that and its why I am an atheist where I was once a catholic. I was once a believer but lacking the ability to believe blindly I am now a skeptic.

Oh and dont give me this stuff about well only "gifted" or "special" people are able to do these abilities. Once again I direct you to every snot nosed prepubescent kid on youtube. I am not seeing special or gifted here. I am seeing too much time on the internet and not playing outside enough. Oh I have had enough long, drawn out, painful conversation with older 18+ people that believe in this stuff and present it as real to assure you that the great majority of them are not special or gifted. Unless they are some kind of idiot savant who is perfectly capable of tossing the couch across the living room with their mind powers but are totally incapable of simple logic, observation, basic sentence structure, grammar or just plain interacting with other human beings. Oh sure there are a few that are intelligent, observant and present a good case but for the most part no, I am not seeing special.

Not hardly. Logic in no way states that guys dont wear girls clothes or any of that. Tradition has more to do with it than anything really. That and not wanting to go against what people consider "normal". Actually thats it. Normal is the mainstream idea of what reality is, not logic. Logic would state the one should wear the clothes that are best suited for the tasks at hand and let me tell you sometimes wearing a "skirt" is practical, comfortable and the only way to go for a guy. I am talking about a kilt you twits....

Take the time to research what logic is. Become familiar with it and try to practice it in everyday life. Until you can understand what it is and how it works your conversations here are going to be rather limited....

Kevin A.

I have researched all this man...And we sound alot the same..Cept I've actually gotten results...I atrribute this to having more info on the topic, and having places on the internet to get tips from, and people wo know about the subject...Once again, the fact that, even though you tried for years, but you were still so easily swayed to start mocking other believers, tells me your will power wasn't enough...

I have researched all this man...And we sound alot the same..Cept I've actually gotten results...I atrribute this to having more info on the topic, and having places on the internet to get tips from, and people wo know about the subject...Once again, the fact that, even though you tried for years, but you were still so easily swayed to start mocking other believers, tells me your will power wasn't enough...

Do you realize how you sound? :w00t: It is not good. Kevin and I realized it was time to grow up. We realized believing really hard doesn't make something real. Otherwise, Santa & the Easter Bunny would be knocking at our door. We realized we were trying to fool ourselves. Which is what you are doing.

In several years, you will look back at all this and realize "man, what was I thinking."

I have yet to see any of your results. The only thing that has come forth from you so far, is claims. Trust me! With you just telling us you can do these things is not sufficient. Actions speak much louder than words.

The way I look at it is, if people are going to make bold claims then there should be some tangible evidence to back it up. That means show me some recent scientific experiments with people moving some objects with there mind.

"CAUTION" Youtube video's, and anything of the like, are not acceptable. So, show me some irrefutable evidence, then we will go from there.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

So, how am I supposed to show you evidence/ The only way you guys would except it would be if I was examine dby some scientist in a lab...And frankly I dont wanna do that..

So, how am I supposed to show you evidence/ The only way you guys would except it would be if I was examine dby some scientist in a lab...And frankly I dont wanna do that..

This has been said numerous times.YOU just don't like it. GO TO YOUR SCIENCE TEACHER! How long are you going to make excuses? What will be the date to prove yourself? If you can't prove yourself, how about stop claiming powers.

Skeptics vs. Believers- Round 2...

Get in your corners, Skeptics in Red, Believers in Black....

Now

Argue...

There is no argument nor debate here there is us telling people they way it is and people denying reality.

Well then you just have no credibility here with us then.

This has been said numerous times.YOU just don't like it. GO TO YOUR SCIENCE TEACHER! How long are you going to make excuses? What will be the date to prove yourself? If you can't prove yourself, how about stop claiming powers.

Yes, going to my science teacher would get me a one way ticket to the councilers office, and a drug test....

Yes, going to my science teacher would get me a one way ticket to the councilers office, and a drug test....

You can say it is a science experiment. You are just giving more excuses. As a matter of fact, I think we should change your name to Excuseagram3200.

Don't you think your teacher sending you to the counceler is for a good reason?

Anyway, asking your science teacher if you can perform an experiment would probably work rather well.

Regards,

Tom