Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psi-balls

muddpuppy

I have researched all this man...And we sound alot the same..Cept I've actually gotten results...I atrribute this to having more info on the topic, and having places on the internet to get tips from, and people wo know about the subject...Once again, the fact that, even though you tried for years, but you were still so easily swayed to start mocking other believers, tells me your will power wasn't enough...

What kind of results? Please enlighten us.

You would be amazed how much of the stuff was floating around before the internet really exploded. Info was out there and a lot of what I see if rehashing old ideas or old instructions on how to achieve some of this stuff. Some of the old people are still around peddling this stuff even.

My will power not enough? Spare me child. I do not need willpower lessons from anyone on the internet let me assure you. Answer me this. Who has these powers? Anyone who believes, special gifted people, anyone with an open mind, anyone who tries these things, inhuman godly saintly spiritual people? I have heard it all. Which is it?

Also I try and not just mock others beliefs. That is done easily enough and does not keep you in anyones good graces. What I try and do is make a believers think. Question their beliefs and perceptions. Think and then decide, we will go from there.

Yes, going to my science teacher would get me a one way ticket to the councilers office, and a drug test....

Not if you really can do these things but anyways....

Like Eric mentioned do this for a science fair or something. I once did a science fair exhibit on telepathy back in school. It was using those cards with the star, square, triangle etc on them and having two people on either side of a screen. One was the receiver and the other the broadcaster. Other than getting an B on the thing nothing happened and this was at a scientifically backwards catholic grade school. Mind you I kept my thoughts that I could really do this stuff to myself after I tested about average.....

I do not know what it is like in your school but throughout all my education my science teachers were some of the coolest teachers I ever had. They were open, interesting people who taught me much more than any of the other teachers I had. Go to your science teacher, talk to them and see if you can explore this stuff with their help. Ask them questions and get their input. Learn something if possible. Do experiments with a scientific mindset. Seek insight into possible flaws in your experiments. Expand your knowledge.

Then come back to us and we will discuss.

Kevin A.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

What kind of results? Please enlighten us.

You would be amazed how much of the stuff was floating around before the internet really exploded. Info was out there and a lot of what I see if rehashing old ideas or old instructions on how to achieve some of this stuff. Some of the old people are still around peddling this stuff even.

My will power not enough? Spare me child. I do not need willpower lessons from anyone on the internet let me assure you. Answer me this. Who has these powers? Anyone who believes, special gifted people, anyone with an open mind, anyone who tries these things, inhuman godly saintly spiritual people? I have heard it all. Which is it?

Also I try and not just mock others beliefs. That is done easily enough and does not keep you in anyones good graces. What I try and do is make a believers think. Question their beliefs and perceptions. Think and then decide, we will go from there.

Not if you really can do these things but anyways....

Like Eric mentioned do this for a science fair or something. I once did a science fair exhibit on telepathy back in school. It was using those cards with the star, square, triangle etc on them and having two people on either side of a screen. One was the receiver and the other the broadcaster. Other than getting an B on the thing nothing happened and this was at a scientifically backwards catholic grade school. Mind you I kept my thoughts that I could really do this stuff to myself after I tested about average.....

I do not know what it is like in your school but throughout all my education my science teachers were some of the coolest teachers I ever had. They were open, interesting people who taught me much more than any of the other teachers I had. Go to your science teacher, talk to them and see if you can explore this stuff with their help. Ask them questions and get their input. Learn something if possible. Do experiments with a scientific mindset. Seek insight into possible flaws in your experiments. Expand your knowledge.

Then come back to us and we will discuss.

Kevin A.

Very well said Kevin A. Thank you... :tu:

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

You could always contact some of the scientists who are actually involved with these kind of things around the world. It's being tested, experimented with and research within many different organizations, laboratories, universities etc around the world by real scientists and under real scientific protocols.

Then you can ask them what results they've had, any evidence they might have to support such things, and etc.

Here is a list of SOME of these research centers:

http://moebius.psy.ed.ac.uk/~info/ResearchCentres.php3

Very well said Kevin A. Thank you... :tu:

No problem Moro and thank you. You and Eric have been handling things very well here. Here is hoping we can make some progress with these subjects. Just have to keep trying here.

Kevin A.

I'll think about it...I mean seriously though, who wants to have to get all wired up and tested like some sort of guinniea pig?

But I'll think about it...

You've been given some great advice here yet you come out with "who wants to have to get all wired up and tested like some sort of guinniea pig?".

It's just another excuse. We're tired of excuses because we see them so often. Please, for all of our sakes, go and talk to your science teacher and ask them to help you perform an experiment. I think that instead of packing you off to the office or demanding a drugs test he/she will be impressed that you take an interest in the scientific method.

We'd be behind you if you could just go and do that and stop making excuses.

Your credibility levels would go through the roof as you'd possibly be the first person here who took the subject seriously. It doesn't matter if you are proved wrong, you'd have got closer to the truth - something we all should be looking for, including you.

And if you are proven right the we will thank you for your efforts and for breaking new ground.

I'll think about it...I mean seriously though, who wants to have to get all wired up and tested like some sort of guinniea pig?

But I'll think about it...

DUDE. Excuse after excuse. You ask how you can prove yourself and then say no to everyone. Why? Because you know nothing will come of it.

Hey, I'm making the vid Eric...You beg me for a vid, so I agree to make one, and now you want me to do more...I mena seriously, I doubt you'd be willing to get all wired up and stuff...No one wnats to go through that...

What's all this about being wired up? You don't need to be wired up to the mains and nobody is asking you to be probed or anything.

Ask somebody familiar with the scientific method to help you set something up that eliminates the chances of other forces being responsible for the movement. Film that and show us the footage. Ask the teacher to verify your results and you'll start achieving a level of credibility.

Hey, I'm making the vid Eric...You beg me for a vid, so I agree to make one, and now you want me to do more

Actually, k-gents, that's fair. Beg might be a bit of a stretch, but the video has been asked for, and it is unreasonable to ask for more while the video project is afoot.

Just to be clear, H, this video will appear on Friday, 7 March 2008, right?

I'll think about it...But for now I'm working on that vid you skeptics find all so nessesary...

Hey, I'm making the vid Eric...You beg me for a vid, so I agree to make one, and now you want me to do more...I mena seriously, I doubt you'd be willing to get all wired up and stuff...No one wnats to go through that...

Dude. I would do it in a second. I would become rich and famous from my abilities. Stop the excuses.

I'll think about it...But for now I'm working on that vid you skeptics find all so nessesary...

Personally, it is up to you whether or not you want to make a little home video of you doing your supposed skill.

I have seen many of these video's come and go. So, it's nothing but another video to add to the already massive

collection on the internet to me.

Things that could make you're video more credible:

(This includes both the psi/pinwheel as well as the bottlecap.)

1. Record it at a distance, so that it will take any doubts that you are directly controlling it with your hands.

2. Try and make sure you are completely in the video so we know exactly what you are doing at all times.

3. (Psi/pinwheel) Cover the psi/pinwheel with a glass bowl or cup. Anything that is clear will works as well,

as long as it is completely covered.

4. With the pin/psiwheel, place some strands of toilet paper under the bowl with it, so we can see that there

is no external force other than your mind effecting it.

5. Make sure your psi/pinwheel, bottlecap is on a small table or anything that is open underneath. A glass

coffee or end table would be great for your video.

This is all I can think of for now, if anyone can think of anything else that would help this video seem more

credible, please add some input.

Regards,

Tom

I don't believe in science. What can you do?

This statement is about sad as it gets. Wow. What is becoming of the youth of today?

Electrokinesis used to post as "Cryingwoe". He said something so astounding that I have been using it as my sig line ever since.

He said "proof is something used by skeptics as a last resort. nothing more." on the 26.12.07

This is simply tragic and shows what kind of mindset we are dealing with here at times. I do not post this to show him up as he wrote that freely all by himself.

We talk about logic a lot in here as being the dis-creditor of psionics and other phenomena. But I think it's important to note that logic is fuzzy at best on the fringes of science, even today. For instance, Stephen Hawking has himself admitted to not really grasping the enormity of subjects like black holes and cosmology, and this sentiment has been echoed by many others in the field.

We all believe a lot of things on trust, rather than personal experimentation. Before you get angry or defensive, just think about it for a moment. Have you ever seen an atom? No, of course not. You've seen what you are told are direct effects of atoms and atomic radiation. Sure, it's not much of a stretch to trust in science there.

What about neutrinos? Have you ever seen a neutrino? No, of course not. They're so small, but so plentiful, that there are trillions of them passing through our very bodies every day without leaving a trace. BUT, they apparently do have mass, but nobody knows how much really, because they're also theoretically the cause of a collapsing sun's outer layers being blown into space. Now, are you going to believe in a physicist when he or she tells you that there are neutrinos passing through your body? Sure, why not? They're scientists, after all, so they should know. Except they DON'T know. They THINK they're right, but could be completely wrong. Yet the world at large just accepts neutrinos. Sometimes, actually a LOT of the time, we accept things without actually knowing ourselves that they're true. Governments operate on that principle pretty often as well.

Look at dark matter. Apparently it makes up a vast majority of the universe. Most cosmologists and physicists acknowledge its existence. Why? Have they seen dark matter? Have they tested it? No, certainly not. They're not sure what it is, actually. Sure, a lot of people are pretty sure they know, but those people are busy disagreeing with each other entirely at the moment. Hey, wait a second. Why do we even think that there's dark matter? Well, we think there's dark matter because the math used in calculating the energy output from the completely theoretical big bang shows that we're missing a lot of mass in the universe. Well jeez, maybe we're just wrong about a lot of things in the field of astronomy and there is no dark matter at all. Well, who knows? I certainly don't, but I'm certainly not going to go saying that any of these scientists are full of crap or fulfilling foolish pre-adolescent fantasies. I certainly wouldn't call a physicist a condescending name if he or she suggested to me that neutrinos might be the primary substance of dark matter.

My point is that we all accept a lot of things on day to day life without really digging for proof. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not saying that these people really have psionic powers, but I am saying that people are being a little too harsh about laughing in their faces.

Electrokinesis used to post as "Cryingwoe". He said something so astounding that I have been using it as my sig line ever since.

He said "proof is something used by skeptics as a last resort. nothing more." on the 26.12.07

This is simply tragic and shows what kind of mindset we are dealing with here at times. I do not post this to show him up as he wrote that freely all by himself.

Good grief.

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know he had changed his name.

Actually, k-gents, that's fair. Beg might be a bit of a stretch, but the video has been asked for, and it is unreasonable to ask for more while the video project is afoot.

Just to be clear, H, this video will appear on Friday, 7 March 2008, right?

Yes...It will, I'm currently still practicing..I will start actually making the vid wednesday, and it will be done friday...If all goes weel...=)

Yes...It will, I'm currently still practicing..I will start actually making the vid wednesday, and it will be done friday...If all goes weel...=)

There is no if it works well or not...

Either you make it or you don't, people are holding you to this so if a video by you does not pop up here on Friday then prepare for backlash.

Damn too bad I'll be gone on Thursday and probably won't be back in several weeks, unless I get access to internet somewhere along on my travels. Hopefully I find an internet cafe or get access in a hotel or something so I can check out the progress.

Good luck at least!

Thanks dark!

Won't be anything amazing though...Just me movin a psi-whele prolly...

Once I get better I'll prolly put vids on here often...

I hope I'll one day be able to move a paper airplane, that would be fun...lol

Theres the understatement of the week.....

Heart, if your going to dream why not dream big. Instead of hoping to one day move a paper airplane about the room why not dream of surgerykinesis (not very good I know). You know, breaking up a blood clot in someones body with out nasty surgery. Shrinking a tumor in someones brain without surgically removing it or chemoing the person to hell and back. How about performing surgery on a fetus without the present dangers. Come on Heart, if you are going to dream, dream big and do something with your talents beyond party tricks.....

Kevin A.

Thanks dark!

Once I get better I'll prolly put vids on here often...

I hope I'll one day be able to move a paper airplane, that would be fun...lol

What about the bottle cap?

You still want the bottlecap? Ok, Guess bottlecaps in...Thought you wouldn't care bout the bottlecap cause I can do the psi-wheel...But have it your way...=)

I was the one who suggested skipping the bottlecap, for the reasons explained here (in one of the other psi-toy threads):

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2178708

The only interesting bottlecap trick comes pre-excused.

I am a big fan of KISS, the principle, not the band (well, maybe the band, too): Keep It Simple, Sonny.

Other views are possible.