Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psi-balls

muddpuppy

Maybe you should.

Uh, yeah, i'm pretty sure i haven't pushed any beliefs on anyone or even told anybody what my religious beliefs are. Maybe you should actually find out what we're talking about instead of mindlessly backing up someone who shares your views on a subject.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

People will come here not believing in such things however and hope that someone proves them wrong. People like heart though don't help, makes facetious posts and ridiculous claims. (He seems to be an emo kid to and no one likes them)

Well from my experience talking to him he doesn't seem to be emo and even if it was it would not strike out his usefulness on a subject. At least he's willing to combat skepticism when somebody flat out denies the existence of psychic phenomena, which honestly, if people are so interested in proven scientific fact, and sooooo insistent upon making everybody here who has had EXPERIENCES with psychic phenomena believe that they're full of crap, maybe they should focus their efforts on discussing something more widely accepted as "scientific fact" and go to a site more based on conventional science.

late reply about the psi balls.

you can say they don't exsist.

and to you they don't.

what i mean by distance is this. and i have done it way to many time for skeptics and others.

i stand in front of you and make a psi ball.

you put your hand between mine and you get a physical sensation that you cannot explain.

some people describe it as a type of heat.

some people say they can't put their hand in between mine because there is something stopping it.

either way, i don't want to be bothered with traveling to where you may be ( unless i am on tour ) and even then i doubt you would like the music i play ( really heavy )

as the same goes for you.

why would you spend that kind of money for something that will last a moment ( unless you are open to haveing your views turned upside down )

but that expendature is something that neither you nor i would put out.

just to change your mind on something.

if you want to have your life turned upside down and drop a bunch of money doing it.

go to tibet.

Edited by the eternal me

you put your hand between mine and you get a physical sensation

How true.

that you cannot explain.

You underestimate me.

Depending on our social relationship, I might feel as frank physical resistance what it takes to forcibly overcome my habitual reluctance to invade a stranger's "privileged space." With a different relationship, I would surely feel something if this were a prelude to intimacy if we were lovers.

Many other stations along that line are also rich in physical sensation. It is one of the things that makes life fulfilling. What a waste to spend such richness on fantasies that there is something there, when what it discloses is that there is something here *points to his heart* and here *points to his head, twice*.

What bothers me about psi-balls so very especially is what it says about the alienation of the person reporting them from the most routine sensations and affects of his or her own body. That, to me, is far more significant, and far sadder, than the rookie mistake of looking to comic books for advice about life.

Don't listen to 8 - bits! He buys bowling balls and DOESNT USE THEM!

Don't listen to 8 - bits! He buys bowling balls and DOESNT USE THEM!

Now you've done it. I'm probably gonna have a bad dream about that tonight :) .

I forgot to add in courtroom drama music, but meh.

Well from my experience talking to him he doesn't seem to be emo and even if it was it would not strike out his usefulness on a subject. At least he's willing to combat skepticism when somebody flat out denies the existence of psychic phenomena, which honestly, if people are so interested in proven scientific fact, and sooooo insistent upon making everybody here who has had EXPERIENCES with psychic phenomena believe that they're full of crap, maybe they should focus their efforts on discussing something more widely accepted as "scientific fact" and go to a site more based on conventional science.

Dude. We flat out deny it because there has been no real proof yet. Boo ya.

Sorry but experience is far better than proof.

Only to you.

Psi-balls and pin wheels are both scientifically explained, so I feel its acceptable to say.

The explanations have been posted numerous times.

Heart, I didn't know I need your permission to be here, fyi I have posted on a few times in the past year.

Edited by Mattshark

Wow, I didnt know they were scientifically explained.

Just to be sure though, could you link me to the peer-reviewed papers explaining the phenomena of telekinesis and psi balls?

Just to be sure though, could you link me to the peer-reviewed papers explaining the phenomena of telekinesis and psi balls?

That might be difficult. Peer review is available only for things that are news to scientists.

For psi-balls, the difficulty would be to establish a time when the efficacy of exaggerated hand postures in fostering proprioceptive hallucinations was unknown to biology and medicine. Obviously, any child can demonstrate that from himself or herself.

One imagines that Hippocrates' children pointed it out to him, reviving his own childhood memories of the passtime.

In contrast, routine peer-review in the biomedical literature is only about 60 years old.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/409692_2

Pinwheels are a toy well-known in the 19th Century, related to whirligigs.

http://www.nsa.gov/teachers/es/data84.pdf

(You may wish to skip to page 25, but keep reading, there is a nice "how to make a pin wheel" that may be an aerodynamic improvement over your current psi-wheel.)

Again, the difficulty appears to be finding a time when both the toy existed and also there was any unexplained mystery about why it moved. Pinwheels are designed to move in air currents.

Dude. We flat out deny it because there has been no real proof yet. Boo ya.

You don't want proof. You want to disprove. And if it makes you feel so secure to try to disprove something most people already don't believe in, then go ahead. but i know what i can do and i don't care about your opinion, because i'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I just want these forums to be safe for people to tell their stories on. I mean these forums were made for discussion, and if you're not here for discussion you can leave.

Amen man! Lol...Screw Skeptics! AHAHAHA! lol, sorrry, outburst...Forgive me, hehe...But yea, if you guys don't wanna discuss then leave...You say you wnat eveidence..But, what bout bigfoot, tons of evidence on him..Footprints, markins, alot of stuff, on discovery they even had a forensics guy look at the footprints of a bigfoot Cast, and he said they were genuine...Thats ALOT of evidence, and people STILL deny him, all the time...

Amen man! Lol...Screw Skeptics! AHAHAHA! lol, sorrry, outburst...Forgive me, hehe...But yea, if you guys don't wanna discuss then leave...You say you wnat eveidence..But, what bout bigfoot, tons of evidence on him..Footprints, markins, alot of stuff, on discovery they even had a forensics guy look at the footprints of a bigfoot Cast, and he said they were genuine...Thats ALOT of evidence, and people STILL deny him, all the time...

Because none of the evidence that you mention has (like your video) stood up to real scientific scrutiny (if you want to debate zoology, I will happily do so as that is my field, but not in here).

I do appreciate your attempt though, its a lot more effort than most will make.

Because none of the evidence that you mention has (like your video) stood up to real scientific scrutiny (if you want to debate zoology, I will happily do so as that is my field, but not in here).

Thanks, I try...I'm actually suprised I still put up with you guys myself..Lol

Thanks, I try...I'm actually suprised I still put up with you guys myself..Lol

Yes, I will have to agree with you! On the other hand! Do you think that some people on here

may be getting tired of putting up with you? This is a two-sided door.

Yes, I bet they have grown tired of me...But it's prolly b'cause I'm persistant....And I stick with what I believe in...

Yes, I bet they have grown tired of me...But it's prolly b'cause I'm persistant....And I stick with what I believe in...

Good for you Heart! But, it still does not prove your beliefs are a fact one way or the other.

And because you don't believe in them, it doesn't mean they are fiction either.... :D

And because you don't believe in them, it doesn't mean they are fiction either.... :D

It more than likely means just that.

So, if people belive, it doesn't mena a thing, but if they disbelieve then it means something? Double standard Eric...

Very materialistic way of thinking I believe. To deny. But I do think also that it is your choice. Therefore I will try not to judge...... Too much

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

Ahhh, so your a zooligist? Or you're just saying that the cryptzoology sect of this board is your main section? It was mine, but I noticed the metaphysics sect and I'm here a whole lot more often than in cryptzoology...And I'll meeet you at a bigfoot arguement post...Lol...=)

Edited by Heartagram3200