Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psi-balls

muddpuppy

One cannot PROVE a negative. (The negative being that there is NO SOLID PROOF for any of these claims.)

It always ends up with circular arguments with these claims.

. A Believer that has minimal to no proof, while steadfast on proving something that has no solid evidence.

. A Skeptic that wants solid proof, and for the believers to look at these claims from another point of view

other than the, (I know these abilities exist, and I don't have to prove anything to you.)

This kind of irrational mentality is lacking on so many different levels that it becomes absurd.

I have gone back through these threads viewing the outcome, for which is always the same. "NOTHING" was

solved nor' did anyone come to any definitive conclusion or agreement. Just round and round arguments

that went no where. (Is anyone else seeing the redundant cycle on this other than me?)

If more people would come on here with a thought that there could be other possiblities to these claims other

than the (I have special powers!) mentality, these discussions might get somewhere.

I will say this one more time! One cannot PROVE a negative. If a person whole-heartedly believes they have

abilities, then the burden of proof is in their hands. This does not work in the former, skeptics are not making

the claims.

I hope this helps somewhat!

Regards,

Tom

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• drakonwick

• Sporkling

Yes. As I have said in my earlier post, people have proven that its impossible to lick your elbows. Which means that its possible to prove a negative. But later they were bombarded with videos which show people licking their elbows. WHich them means that just because you cannot do it does not mean other people cannot also.

Yea, I have a friend who can lick his elbow...And, yea, I've noticed the cycle too...I noticed a looong time ago though...

One cannot PROVE a negative. (The negative being that there is NO SOLID PROOF for any of these claims.)

. A Believer that has minimal to no proof, while steadfast on proving something that has no solid evidence.

. A Skeptic that wants solid proof, and for the believers to look at these claims from another point of view

other than the, (I know these abilities exist, and I don't have to prove anything to you.)

This kind of irrational mentality is lacking on so many different levels that it becomes absurd.

I have gone back through these threads viewing the outcome, for which is always the same. "NOTHING" was

solved nor' did anyone come to any definitive conclusion or agreement. Just round and round arguments

that went no where. (Is anyone else seeing the redundant cycle on this other than me?)

If more people would come on here with a thought that there could be other possiblities to these claims other

than the (I have special powers!) mentality, these discussions might get somewhere.

I will say this one more time! One cannot PROVE a negative. If a person whole-heartedly believes they have

abilities, then the burden of proof is in their hands. This does not work in the former, skeptics are not making

the claims.

Regards,

Tom

I mostly agree, except your short essay here is obviously skewed to the skeptics' point of view. Yes, things would go more smoothly if the people claiming to have psychic abilities would consider the possibility that they don't have powers. Well, theoretically. I don't know what the skeptics would do if that happened. Some might smile smugly to themselves and move on, some might see that as a point of weakness and keep attacking.

But for it to work out into a state of equilibrium, the skeptics would also have to concede that they're possibly wrong, and that some of these people might possibly have psychic powers. And, again, one of the two above possibilities might occur and still nothing might be solved.

And I will say THIS again: the people posting on these boards don't owe you crap. It's YOU challenging THEM. They're not coming on here saying "I can prove I have psychic powers," they're coming on here and making message boards called "psi-balls: what are they and what are they used for?" and the skeptics are coming into these topics and turning them into big debates on reality and pseudo science. If YOU want the proof, make a topic stating that you want proof.

In other words, maybe what would REALLY benefit this forum would be if people would stop sabotaging topics with "you're making it up; there is no such thing as _____" posts. Because within a couple of pages the original topic is completely lost and it turns into another circular debate that solves absolutely nothing.

the claims.

Regards,

Tom

:tu:

Electrokinesis

Yes. As I have said in my earlier post, people have proven that its impossible to lick your elbows. Which means that its possible to prove a negative. But later they were bombarded with videos which show people licking their elbows. WHich them means that just because you cannot do it does not mean other people cannot also.

Heartagram320

Yea, I have a friend who can lick his elbow...And, yea, I've noticed the cycle too...I noticed a looong time ago though...

bleedingelite

I mostly agree, except your short essay here is obviously skewed to the skeptics' point of view. Yes, things would go more smoothly if the people claiming to have psychic abilities would consider the possibility that they don't have powers. Well, theoretically. I don't know what the skeptics would do if that happened. Some might smile smugly to themselves and move on, some might see that as a point of weakness and keep attacking.

But for it to work out into a state of equilibrium, the skeptics would also have to concede that they're possibly wrong, and that some of these people might possibly have psychic powers. And, again, one of the two above possibilities might occur and still nothing might be solved.

And I will say THIS again: the people posting on these boards don't owe you crap. It's YOU challenging THEM. They're not coming on here saying "I can prove I have psychic powers," they're coming on here and making message boards called "psi-balls: what are they and what are they used for?" and the skeptics are coming into these topics and turning them into big debates on reality and pseudo science. If YOU want the proof, make a topic stating that you want proof.

In other words, maybe what would REALLY benefit this forum would be if people would stop sabotaging topics with "you're making it up; there is no such thing as _____" posts. Because within a couple of pages the original topic is completely lost and it turns into another circular debate that solves absolutely nothing.

I thought that since these posts are being ignored, i'll bring them down. If the owners don't want them here i'll take them away as long as the Edit button still works.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

Has anyone noticed..That almost every sketpic here, has agreed with a believer, some way or another, atleast once...But Eric has never done it...He just switches the topic...Sorry, just kinda noticed thta though..

Has anyone noticed..That almost every sketpic here, has agreed with a believer, some way or another, atleast once...But Eric has never done it...He just switches the topic...Sorry, just kinda noticed thta though..

Has anyone ever noticed that almost everyone has found problems with how Heart set up his test, execept Heart himself?

Sorry, just noticed that. ;)

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

Eric I don't see any problems.

That suprises me. :D

You guys asked for a psi vid...You just said move the wheel...Thats what I did, and now you're mad...Doesn't suprise me...I am working on alot of stuff for you skeptics at this point...I'm working on levitating objects, so I csan prove it to you people,and I'm working on the psi wheel in a selaed container...And me and EIght-Bit are working on the telepathy experiement...I'm also doing a few test, to see how heat and convection influences the psi-wheel in a sealed container...So, I have a whole lotta stuff on, trying to prove this to you Eric...So don't get mad at me...I also have a life, I have friends, a girlfriend, regualr teen crap...So,, take that into consideration before, you get mad at me for my setups...

You guys asked for a psi vid...You just said move the wheel...Thats what I did, and now you're mad...Doesn't suprise me...I am working on alot of stuff for you skeptics at this point...I'm working on levitating objects, so I csan prove it to you people,and I'm working on the psi wheel in a selaed container...And me and EIght-Bit are working on the telepathy experiement...I'm also doing a few test, to see how heat and convection influences the psi-wheel in a sealed container...So, I have a whole lotta stuff on, trying to prove this to you Eric...So don't get mad at me...I also have a life, I have friends, a girlfriend, regualr teen crap...So,, take that into consideration before, you get mad at me for my setups...

I will be waiting in great anticipation. I hope you prove me wrong. I REALLY DO. Life would be alot more interesting for sure. Until then, I will be a complete skeptic of your supposed powers, but good luck. :)

Have fun waiting...

Figured as much. :rolleyes::sleepy:

And you tell me to be nice.

Ahhh, so your a zooligist? Or you're just saying that the cryptzoology sect of this board is your main section? It was mine, but I noticed the metaphysics sect and I'm here a whole lot more often than in cryptzoology...And I'll meeet you at a bigfoot arguement post...Lol...=)

Yes I am a zoologist and I post mainly in the crypto and the spirit/skept sections.

Can you can try and argue bigfoot with me. But no one has yet presented irrefutable evidence to me.

Yes I am a zoologist and I post mainly in the crypto and the spirit/skept sections.

Can you can try and argue bigfoot with me. But no one has yet presented irrefutable evidence to me.

I've seen bigfoot defeat gravedigger with my own eyes. You can say what you want, but I know what I saw.

I appreciate what you are doing for us.

I've seen bigfoot defeat gravedigger with my own eyes. You can say what you want, but I know what I saw.

What film where you watching or what video game where you playing?

Come on, lay off Eric, man. He's from Texas. They only believe in chupacabra and UFOs. And George Bush and God, but I think they believe those two are the same thing :D

Satan's tinkles,

Nathan

Edited by Ourmoonlitsun

Of course it is in favor of the skeptics point of view. But, the whole outcome was to point out that we are all flawed

in our ways of expressing certain points on these subjects.

People come on here making factual claims, and then not backing them up with factual evidence. It's not that hard

to see the flaw in that. It's one thing to believe in these abilities! But, when a person goes into I can manipulate this

levitate that, (Amazing claims in general!) thats a whole different level from just belief.

By the way! This is an open forum, if people make amazing claims they should expect to be on the recieving end

of a good deal of skepticism. No one is sabotaging a topic on here.

Regards,

Tom

Of course it is in favor of the skeptics point of view. But, the whole outcome was to point out that we are all flawed

in our ways of expressing certain points on these subjects.

People come on here making factual claims, and then not backing them up with factual evidence. It's not that hard

to see the flaw in that. It's one thing to believe in these abilities! But, when a person goes into I can manipulate this

levitate that, (Amazing claims in general!) thats a whole different level from just belief.

By the way! This is an open forum, if people make amazing claims they should expect to be on the recieving end

of a good deal of skepticism. No one is sabotaging a topic on here.

Regards,

Tom

Of course no body is sabotaging a topic here! I would like to point out (on page nineteen of a topic labeled "psi-balls" which hasn't actually had any relevant psi-ball discussion since somewhere around page two) that such a suggestion is absolutely absurd.