Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can people sense death

aureola

WHAT I SEE ...before they pass away ....

It's like they've been dipped into a
can of "GREY" very thick paint.
Hard to explain ....Not brushed on -- very smooth,
Not glowing, but angelic

If they are outside, the "GREY"
surrounds ALL around them.

****  also covering the whole body/their attire as well.

I was told to watch X-Files S6 E10 - Tithonus...
 played by Geoffrey Lewis...
also ....
I also wonder about the people I see in which a shadow/darkness covers them.
They are almost ( more than ½) covered in darkness.... I've seen a few.

I will never forget one... I was leaving a Hospital and I saw a man
who was a patient, sitting in a chair watching the traffic outside in the sun. 
The shadow/darkness covered at least 75% of him.

OFF SUBJECT
 ...WHAT I BELIEVE ... people have to stop taking their GUILT with them when they die.... they end up in the darkness... FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME!

Those who live their life as a child; play, share and care... go straight into the light.

42 minutes ago, LM22_Laurie said:

It's like they've been dipped into a
can of "GREY" very thick paint.
Hard to explain ....Not brushed on -- very smooth,
Not glowing, but angelic

I heard it is said that they look like they were straight out of a black&white TV-set, with all the different nuances of grey to them. Here is a pic of Dana Scully from that X-File episode you mentioned. She looks like taken directly from a black&white movie>>

Lh9yNOc.jpg

1 hour ago, LM22_Laurie said:

If they are outside, the "GREY"
surrounds ALL around them.

****  also covering the whole body/their attire as well.

I dont know what you mean when you say; "the "GREY"surrounds ALL around them"?? Do you mean that everything you see in the background are grey as well?

44 minutes ago, LM22_Laurie said:

I also wonder about the people I see in which a shadow/darkness covers them.
They are almost ( more than ½) covered in darkness.... I've seen a few.

Do you mean Shadow People? Here's a little info from some who claimed to have encountered them

Do you mean Shadow People? Here's a little info from some who claimed to have encountered them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No -- never encountered a shadow person...

These are people whom I think are dying ... and  a shadow covers them.... and YES ...somewhat similar to the Xfiles tv effects... but a tad  more silver GREY... regarding the surroundings outside ... yes -- the GREY also surrounds their background / around them.......

When my dog was dying ... took him to a river, he  walked out of the water... he turned silver grey and the whole hill side behind him turned grey as well...saw my Grandfather turn silver grey as well as the background... strange ... right ?

Edited by LM22_Laurie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LM22_Laurie said:

These are people whom I think are dying ... and  a shadow covers them.... and YES ...somewhat similar to the Xfiles tv effects... but a tad  more silver GREY... regarding the surroundings outside ... yes -- the GREY also surrounds their background / around them.......

When my dog was dying ... took him to a river, he  walked out of the water... he turned silver grey and the whole hill side behind him turned grey as well...saw my Grandfather turn silver grey as well as the background... strange ... right ?

Could be some sort of aura-premonition. I've heard that some people even see what they call the`silver cord´ when they see the aura-premonitions..

People die and enter the spirit world with an "umbilical-like cord" connecting their spirit body to the life-giving source of the physical body which is disconnected after death. Many near-death and out-of-body experiencers have described seeing this "umbilical-like cord" connecting their spirit body to their physical body. Many religious traditions describe this spirit-body connecting cord which is commonly known as the "silver cord." Just as the baby's umbilical cord must be severed for the baby to experience life, the silver cord must be severed for the spirit body to experience spiritual life. It is believed that the near-death experience does not involve the silver cord becoming severed; otherwise, the near-death experience would then become irreversible bodily death.   http://www.near-death.com/science/research/silver-cord.html

Here's some more about aura-premonitions;

How can people’s strange ability to foresee death be explained? The Tibetan Book of the Dead offers an answer to this question. According to Eastern beliefs, a person is a being consisting of both thick and thin matter. Thick matter forms the physical body of a person. Thin matter makes up one’s spiritual nature, in particular, the thin body, invisible through normal vision, forming the unique covering of the soul. Death is nothing other than a separating of the thin body from the physical. The thin body has its own aura which clairvoyants are able to see. Radiation emanating from this aura allows one to diagnose the state of a person’s health. Aura diagnosis has long been used in extrasensory healing. People who have astral vision can predict a person’s death from their aura. http://www.pravdareport.com/science/mysteries/07-03-2006/76986-death-0/

Have you ever had a ´Shared-NDE`, or 'deathbed visions`?? If you can see an aura-premonition you might be susceptible to have a Shared-NDE with someone close to you.

'Shared death experiences', is where family and friends of a sick person themselves experience some kind of event at the moment of the patient's passing. Most probably fall into the category of 'deathbed visions'. However there are also a few near-death experiences in which the living get to see what the dying are experiencing. Here's an account from a woman in her seventies describing her experience of tending to her dying mother. As her mother died the light in the room suddenly became much brighter and more intense and she felt a rocking motion through her whole body. She then found herself seeing the room from a different angle, from above and to the left side of the bed instead of from the right side.;

• "This rocking forward motion was very comfortable, and not at all like a shudder and especially not like when a car you are riding in lurches to the side and you get nauseous. I did not feel uncomfortable but in fact the opposite; I felt far more comfortable and peaceful than I ever felt in my life.

I don't know whether I was out of my body or not because all the other things that were going on held my attention. I was just glued to scenes from my mother's life that were flashing throughout the room or around the bed. I cannot even tell whether the room was there any more or if it was, there was a whole section of it I hadn't noticed before. I would compare it to the surprise you would have if you had lived in the same house for many years, but one day you opened up at it and found a big secret compartment you didn't know about. This thing seemed so strange and yet perfectly natural at the same time.

The scenes that were flashing around in midair contained things that had happened to my mother, some of which I remembered and others that I didn't. I could see her looking at the scenes to, and she sure recognised all of them, as I could tell by her expression as she watched. This all happened at once so there is no way of telling it that matches the situation.

The scenes of my mother's life reminded me of old-fashioned flashbulbs going off. When they did, I saw scenes of her life like in one of the 3-D movies of the 1950s.

By the time the flashes of her life were going on, she was out of her body. I saw my father, who passed seven years before, standing there where the head of the bed would have been. By this point the bed was kind of irrelevant and my father was coaching my mother out of the body. I looked right into his face and a recognition of love passed between us, but he went right back to focusing on my mother. He looked like a young man, although he was 79 when he died. There was a glow about or all through him - very vibrant. He was full of life.

One of his favourite expressions was 'Look alive!' and he sure did look alive when he was coaching my mother out of her body. A part of her that was transparent just stood right up, going through her body, and she and my father glided off into the light and disappeared.

The room sort of rocked again, or my body did, but this time backward in the opposite direction and then everything went back to normal.

I felt great tenderness from my mother and father. This entire event overflowed with love and kindness. Since that day I wonder: Is the world we live in just a figment of our imagination?"

• http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranormalia/2011/06/shared-death-experiences.html
  • http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-can-experience-someone-elses-nde.html

Scott Taylor: A Shared Near-Death Experience

Thank you Elljay for all the great information....
& thanks to everyone for not giving me a hard time regarding this... very appreciated.
I have thought that maybe it was "shared death experiences" with  close loved ones... but I remember seeing two strangers "Grey" in color.

Thank you.... again :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LM22_Laurie said:

Thank you Elljay for all the great information....
& thanks to everyone for not giving me a hard time regarding this... very appreciated.
I have thought that maybe it was "shared death experiences" with  close loved ones... but I remember seeing two strangers "Grey" in color.

Thank you.... again :)

No problem. :)

Hope you found something useful there.

• Like 1

All I can say is that the few personal experience with death. Is that there is this mildew smell, like mildew and sour milk had a baby. Perhaps decay would be a good word to use. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello new here, I stumbled over this topic as I am a fanatic when someone dies, I don't know why but I believe I have an extra sensory in this area as I always have over 20 yrs

I do believe that one knows impending doom, they may not know their about to die but I do believe the brain chemistry Sparks a sense of urgency that will always lead to bizarre or uncommon behavior.

Example,

My eldest nephew died at 17 yrs old after suffering Cardiac arrest from over excertion while trying out to be a Lifeguard in which he past the test easily but after sat down to catch his breath and 5 minutes later just killed over and died...

Now here's why I believe, I raised my nephew and loved him unconditionally but he had moved to another city to stay with relatives, out of the blue he calls me to tell me to pick him up from the bus station as I did,( I failed to mention he had acute chronic asthma all his life) first thing he asked me for was a cigarette ( but I never known him to smoke) he told me I just had to come out here and be with my family, he had a job and also got paid the day he left but left the job and the check (the sense of urgency), while visiting family he couldn't stop talking about how great of a swimmer he was referencing to his Grandfather who he felt could swim like a fish, it began to annoy me cause I felt something wasn't right... eventually we left and went to my home... before bed he asked if we could all take a family picture the next day and I said yes...The next morning omw to work I dropped him and his younger sister off over my brothers and I told him I will be back to get you and do not go swimming you just got out the hospital (for asthma attack) as they exited my car, there was a intense long stare at him and a feeling of never seeing him again came over me....

My nephew passed away soon as I got off work, basically from wanting to swim like a fish like his Grandfather that proceeded him in death 1 year earlier and when I saw my nephew again it was to identify his body. . 

He basically talked about the very thing that would cause his early demise.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Terri Gray said:

Hello new here, I stumbled over this topic as I am a fanatic when someone dies, I don't know why but I believe I have an extra sensory in this area as I always have over 20 yrs

I do believe that one knows impending doom, they may not know their about to die but I do believe the brain chemistry Sparks a sense of urgency that will always lead to bizarre or uncommon behavior.

Example,

My eldest nephew died at 17 yrs old after suffering Cardiac arrest from over excertion while trying out to be a Lifeguard in which he past the test easily but after sat down to catch his breath and 5 minutes later just killed over and died...

Now here's why I believe, I raised my nephew and loved him unconditionally but he had moved to another city to stay with relatives, out of the blue he calls me to tell me to pick him up from the bus station as I did,( I failed to mention he had acute chronic asthma all his life) first thing he asked me for was a cigarette ( but I never known him to smoke) he told me I just had to come out here and be with my family, he had a job and also got paid the day he left but left the job and the check (the sense of urgency), while visiting family he couldn't stop talking about how great of a swimmer he was referencing to his Grandfather who he felt could swim like a fish, it began to annoy me cause I felt something wasn't right... eventually we left and went to my home... before bed he asked if we could all take a family picture the next day and I said yes...The next morning omw to work I dropped him and his younger sister off over my brothers and I told him I will be back to get you and do not go swimming you just got out the hospital (for asthma attack) as they exited my car, there was a intense long stare at him and a feeling of never seeing him again came over me....

My nephew passed away soon as I got off work, basically from wanting to swim like a fish like his Grandfather that proceeded him in death 1 year earlier and when I saw my nephew again it was to identify his body. . 

He basically talked about the very thing that would cause his early demise.

Welcome to U.M....Some people do have E.S.P, and also premonitions that something is about to happen just before it does, but it may be wise not to dwell on the subject of death as it surrounds you 24/7 .Example :- you are at a road crossing waiting for the light to change to stop the traffic, then you can cross , you step on to the road and some lunatic in his/her car goes through the red light and you are in its path, or you can be at home just sitting down to watch T.V. when you spill your drink , you leap to your feet trip over and hit your head on a table . You just have to  play the cards life gave you and hope for the best but remember that the Devil has the Joker. Best Wishes

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2008 at 1:14 PM, aureola said:

well hi people

actually in past few years i got to know about several people who died and one thing that was common to all was,people who died started to behave strangely before their death.

so my question is can people sense their death,therefore their behaviour changes?

did you have any such experience?

yes i have actually a couple times it is possible its just harder to find people that can because to some it makes them seem crazy but i have had some experiences i can feel how people have died and can feel the emotions they had as they were going through it 

Edited by EmoPup
need to add more
  • Like 1

My mother in-law died recently,the nicest old English grandma put on the planet.She was a great lady,so polite and loving.In the minute as she was passing she looked up above her bed and asked"is it ok for me to leave now" and passed over.One of my favourite ladies ever,they don't make people like her anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, openozy said:

My mother in-law died recently,the nicest old English grandma put on the planet.She was a great lady,so polite and loving.In the minute as she was passing she looked up above her bed and asked"is it ok for me to leave now" and passed over.One of my favourite ladies ever,they don't make people like her anymore.

Hey Partner I am very sorry for your loss, it's a terrible thing when we lose those who have loved us all our lives. My Mother died 2006, I was overseas when I received the call that she had been taken to the Hospital. I jumped on the first flight leaving Iraq and headed home, when I got to the Hospital she was being ventilated and she was unconscious, I was standing there talking with her Doctor and she suddenly woke up  which according to the Doctor had not taken place for the last 3 days. Well anyway, a short time later they were able to remove the ventilated and she was able to speak. Well, it seemed that she was getting better, so I asked the Doctor when will she be able to go home, and he said she wont be able to, because she is dying and there is nothing that can done to stop it, at that point I was  confused and a little shocked. He went on to say that many times a person that is dying by will alone will wait until some one arrives that they are waiting for. He said the day I arrived, she was able to hear your voice and that brought her back long enough to spend some time you. But he said that time is coming to end, and while we had two days together and she it appeared she was improving, she was actually using up all of her remaining strength to spend those last days with me. The doctor was right and that night while I was sitting with her and she quietly passed. As sat there even though she was gone I could feel her presents. so I stayed all night, until the next morning when the Funeral home came to pick her up. Then I walked out of the Hospital with them as they loaded her in their vehicle and while I was very sad, a strong feeling of peace came over me, and I knew she was saying her final good bye and that she was letting me know she was ok. So yea I believe people know when they are going to die, and I believe in some cases like my own, that their loved ones can hold off death long enough to wait for some they love to arrive, is there a way to prove it, well for me it doesn't matter what people think, because I lived it and that's all that is important to me.

Peace Brother

yea 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Partner I am very sorry for your loss, it's a terrible thing when we lose those who have loved us all our lives. My Mother died 2006, I was overseas when I received the call that she had been taken to the Hospital. I jumped on the first flight leaving Iraq and headed home, when I got to the Hospital she was being ventilated and she was unconscious, I was standing there talking with her Doctor and she suddenly woke up  which according to the Doctor had not taken place for the last 3 days. Well anyway, a short time later they were able to remove the ventilated and she was able to speak. Well, it seemed that she was getting better, so I asked the Doctor when will she be able to go home, and he said she wont be able to, because she is dying and there is nothing that can done to stop it, at that point I was  confused and a little shocked. He went on to say that many times a person that is dying by will alone will wait until some one arrives that they are waiting for. He said the day I arrived, she was able to hear your voice and that brought her back long enough to spend some time you. But he said that time is coming to end, and while we had two days together and she it appeared she was improving, she was actually using up all of her remaining strength to spend those last days with me. The doctor was right and that night while I was sitting with her and she quietly passed. As sat there even though she was gone I could feel her presents. so I stayed all night, until the next morning when the Funeral home came to pick her up. Then I walked out of the Hospital with them as they loaded her in their vehicle and while I was very sad, a strong feeling of peace came over me, and I knew she was saying her final good bye and that she was letting me know she was ok. So yea I believe people know when they are going to die, and I believe in some cases like my own, that their loved ones can hold off death long enough to wait for some they love to arrive, is there a way to prove it, well for me it doesn't matter what people think, because I lived it and that's all that is important to me.

Peace Brother

yea 

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your mum Manwon,it's a very nice story about the love and strong connection you shared and I believe never dies, even when we leave our mortal bodies.I know you and her will meet again one day,the best day.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your mum Manwon,it's a very nice story about the love and strong connection you shared and I believe never dies, even when we leave our mortal bodies.I know you and her will meet again one day,the best day.

Thanks my Brother, I really appreciate  your comments, I have never shared that except my wife, but today after reading your post I decided why not put it out there,maybe it will help some one or someone may be able to relate to it. So I did and now I am certain it was the right thing to do.

Peace Bro, and again my condolences for your Grand Mother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks my Brother, I really appreciate  your comments, I have never shared that except my wife, but today after reading your post I decided why not put it out there,maybe it will help some one or someone may be able to relate to it. So I did and now I am certain it was the right thing to do.

Peace Bro, and again my condolences for your Grand Mother.

She was only my mother in law but grandma to the kids.She was a great friend to me,unlike most mother in laws, lol.I'm glad you shared this, extremely sad but strangely beautiful at the same time.Thanks bro.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

She was only my mother in law but grandma to the kids.She was a great friend to me,unlike most mother in laws, lol.I'm glad you shared this, extremely sad but strangely beautiful at the same time.Thanks bro.

You my friend are always welcome, and I mean that sincerely.

Peace Bro 

• Thanks 1