Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 Things Everyone Can Agree On

Andiepanda

So I've just read this (extremely long) very funny (and well written) article on 10 things that christians and atheists should agree on. I found it to be very entertaining and full of a LOT of good points for both sides! I really think everyone here should read it (even if you dont agree) I'd really like to know everyone's thoughts on it!

Oh, and there ARE some pictures that some people MIGHT find offensive (but you probably won't if you have a sense of humor)

http://www.cracked.com/article_15663_god-f...n-agree-on.html <~~~First page

http://www.cracked.com/article_15759_p3.html <~~~~~~Second page

Hopefully, people will have something to say about this! :)

Have a great Friday!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andiepanda

• stackofbooks

• Cronus

• Rocket88

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehhh...somewhat true, but we need statistics. Of course they're good people on either side, but that depends on other factors as well, not necessarily Christianity or Atheism, plus, which one has, statistically, done the most crimes, etc.? He hasn't answered many of these questions, but yes, I somewhat agree with all of that.

Edited by stackofbooks

stockofbooks, did you really have to quote all that andiepanda said ? Specially if you're the ONLY one that's replied to this thread so far? (besides me now)

Anyway nice link andiepanda but I think whoever wrote this took too much time explaining details that could've been typed down to brief examples.

Here's an example of the first Idea.

1. You Can Do Terrible Things in the Name of Either One

We're putting aside the question of which belief system has killed more people by percentage of population, or whether a hypothetical world without religion would have seen fewer or more genocides than ours. We're not going to open a spreadsheet and try to count which belief system manufactures more murderous sociopaths per capita.

All I need from you is agreement that it's entirely possible for either an atheist or theist world to devolve into a screaming murder festival. The religious leader sends his people into battle because he thinks God commanded it, the Stalins and Maos of the world do the same because they see their people as nothing more than meaty fuel to be ground up to feed the machinery of The State. In both cases, the people are equally dead.

Yeah, yeah, I know the Christians are saying that the guy who fights an unjust or needless war is violating God's law, and thus isn't a good Christian. Meanwhile, the atheists are saying that Stalin was merely bloodthirsty, separate and apart from his disbelief in a higher power. Both believe, then, that it is a corruption of their belief system that allows unjust slaughter to happen.

But for this project, All we need to agree on is this: it happens in both cases. And if the opposing belief system vanished tomorrow, war and bloodshed and terror would still take place.

And can we further admit it's actually physically impossible to calculate whether, if your side had its way, the volume of terrible things happening would go up, or down, or stay the same? I know you have an opinion on that, and I can guess what it is. But we don't know, and can't state it like it's fact. Right?

Everybody still on board?

Lol, I wasn't really posting the article so see if people could refute the evidence, I just wanted people to read and maybe say "You know, maybe I AM being kind of a jerk sometimes" (this goes out to everyone BTW even me!)

Just supposed to be some happy friday fun lol.

stackofbooks, did you really have to quote all that andiepanda said ? Specially if you're the ONLY one that's replied to this thread so far? (besides me now)

Sorry, silly of me. :D I'm a stack of books, what can I do? Books like to quote things. :P

(I'll edit)

Edited by stackofbooks

I fell at the first hurdle!

I must be a "dick", cuz if someone i despise & have no respect for dies, i don"t give a s**t. :devil:

That was excellent!! Makes a lot of sense. The only reason for hate crimes and intolerance, is cause people allow themselves to get riled about what other people think or believe. Who cares, it has nothing to do with you, unless it's a personal attack and then I'm sure you'll find that even people from the SAME belief systems disagree with each other. It's human nature to want to be different.

Nope. There are good people on both sides? Not when they worship a supposed being that tortured and murdered a little baby among a vast many other things. That makes them immoral and wrong. I really don't care how you package it either, you will not get my approval for murdering innocent babies.

As for the christians view, they would view atheists as their bible instructes as a heathen that's going to be casted into the flames of hell. But atheists are still good to them? What a joke.

Edited by __Kratos__