Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Over 2m foreigners are now working in Britain

questionmark

I know plenty of white, working class areas where these things happen too.

yeah dont you think england should sort out its own before taking on the rest of the worlds problems?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sthenno

• Bill Hill

• chemical-licker

• Username Deleted

At last, we have an agenda revealed... Mmmmh so you were being deliberately obtuse.. ^_^

somehow I think, the so-called 'truth' revealed at one of these meetings, is going to be rather subjective... seen through the thickest pair of rose-tinted glasses money can buy.

I mean, the name says it all really 'No borders meetings.' :D whatever could they mean? :huh:

No Boarders activists protest against Virgin

Anti-deportation campaigners 'paid a visit' to the offices Virgin Holidays, the holiday company based in Crawley town centre near Gatwick Airport, yesterday The protest was over what the group claims is Virgin's involvement in forced deportations of rejected asylum seekers to unsafe countries.

link

The No Border Network refers to loose associations of autonomous organisations, groups, and individuals in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and beyond. They resist human migration control by coordinating international border camps, demonstrations, direct actions, and anti-deportation campaigns.

The Western European network opposes what they see as increasingly restrictive harmonisation of asylum and immigration policy in Europe, working to build alliances among migrant laborers and refugees. Common slogans within the Network include, "No Border, No Nation, Stop Deportations!" "Freedom of Movement, Freedom of Residence: Right to Come, Right to Go, Right to Stay!" and "Papers for All or No Papers at All!"

er think I'll give it a miss... :unsure2:

I have no affinity with the BNP what-so-ever, nor have I ever been to one of their meetings..

however I really am beginning to understand why people are turning towards them.

We're only a small Island with a finite amount of space.

For experience, I suggest you visit London, Hastings.. Dover etc..

Actually, I do realise now that that post came out somewhat obtuse. What I meant was that at these meetings you can meet actual asylum seekers, and learn from them the issues they face. I didn't mean you should align yourself with the groups political beliefs, though I can appreciate it might have sounded that way!

yeah dont you think england should sort out its own before taking on the rest of the worlds problems?

That makes sod all sense as a logical extension of your argument...

Actually, I do realise now that that post came out somewhat obtuse. What I meant was that at these meetings you can meet actual asylum seekers, and learn from them the issues they face. I didn't mean you should align yourself with the groups political beliefs, though I can appreciate it might have sounded that way!

:o learn the issues they face. how patronizing.

:angry: CHILL OUT! i wont till you liberals start facing the real world. i would love to send you down a road i know where the immigrants have made it a no go area after dark because to many people are getting stabbed, robbed, and a few girls rapped with knives under their necks.

In England? No, I don't think so... I think the asylum seekers/ illegal immigrants are just grateful for being here..they're too busy to commit crime.

Besides poverty creates crimes, and many of these asylum seekers/ illegal immigrants are poor so... er ...so... sorry I've forgotten my point.. :unsure2:

er Anyway, where are the nice Policemen/women when this is happening.. er besides crime hasn't increased.. the streets are much safer.. er just the perception of crime has increased.

Boing.... everything's gonna be alright... it's going to be alright... please....... hello?

:o learn the issues they face. how patronizing.

How so? There's really no need to be so offensive in every post. I'm interested to debate these issues, and apart from my initial dismay I think I've been pretty civil. I don't see the point in insulting every point of view that opposes yours, and I really don't see how that's patronising?

Short sweet and concise...

I think I've covered this... for the most part, they have no idea where they're going. I'm not denying that the third parties who make a living out of smuggling these people out of their countries aim for Britain as they think it will be the easiest country to get into, but that's certainly not the fault of the asylum seekers themselves.

Apologies if that's not what you meant, it was a little hard to decipher.

All I was trying to say was that if they were genuine asylum seekers then they would claim asylum as soon as they hit a EU country, why risk travelling through many more countries with many more days of travelling dangerously? The only asylum seekers to get to the UK and claim honest asylum must have come by plane or boat, and these have travel plans i.e. you get on a plane or boat knowing where it is going. How can the UK be the easiest country to get into unless you come by plane or boat ? Otherwise they are already in the EU and can claim....I think you mean easiest to get things from.

think you mean easiest to get things from.

Absolutely not, Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Germany are much better to be at as asylum seeker. They just send everybody who came through a safe country back to this safe country.... consequently.

Absolutely not, Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Germany are much better to be at as asylum seeker.

Really? I bet there's not much in it...

Absolutely not, Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Germany are much better to be at as asylum seeker.

It seems peculiar that anyone would by-pass these countries on their way to the UK then. The UK government should advertise this.

Edited by Moon Monkey

Really? I bet there's not much in it...

The usual social minimum (300 Euro per adult and 200 per child in cash, rent money, heating costs, clothing, free medical -- in Germany...don't have the data for the other countries handy right now) and family reunion if the asylum request is approved. Or in plain English, a asylum seeker on welfare in Germany makes more a month than somebody working full time in Greece or Portugal.