Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Truth on "Powers"

DfizzleShizzle

I originally wrote this for a thread bdebating about whether psi is real, but I just wnated to clear something up...

This is so everyone knows that people who practice PSI, telekinesis, Telepathy, etc...Those people don't try to be super or anything...These are natural gifts thta everyone has........Just read below...Here it is...Have fun!

The only way to prove something is to weigh in on the evidence.

Fact is there is no real tangible evidence for anyone to study to make a discovery... The argument goes beyond whether you believe it or not but rather what evidence is there to support such claims.

The claim of super powers dates back to early human history... Up until the 19th century or so 99% of the population globally believed such abilities existed, it has only been recently that many people have drifted away from the idea that these powers exist as we progressed to where we are now. This tells me that the more we learn about energy and universal law etc the more unlikely these abilities being real become.

But we aren't calling these super powers! These "abilities" aren't super natural in any way shape or form....Everyone has them, they just have to know how to unlock them...I had pretty much no "ability" when I started this about a month ago...Yes, I had some premenitions, could see a few seconds into "the future"(More like seeing a 5 second image of what will happen in about another 5 seconds...lol) but still not much....I started studying this stuff, and my "abilities(hate callin em that!) have expanded greatly...I can now make psi balls, I can almost do AP...I am gettin close at TK, my telepathy has increased, and my preminition, and ability to see little glimpses of "the future" have grown to the point where it happens almost daily....I freak my friends out, by saying what they are gonna say about 2 seconds before they say it...It really scares them(Very funny, by the way,) I mean, some people might say I was a little more wired for it....But I think I'm just a normal kid, who was able to see little glimpses of the natural "power" and was able to unlock it to a greater extent...We can all do that....

None of us ever said this was supernatural, Things like this just get blown out of proportion...When somone says they think they have Elektrokinesis, people automatically assume the guy crazy, because thye think he means he can make lighting occur, or if someone says pyrokinesis, people think he means he can create fire, and then makie it into the shape of an animal, and make it dance and have complete control over it...(Sorry, bad example, had to though, I like dancing animals...=) lol)

When the fatc is, whatever "ability" we have, its not to as great of an extent as we think...With Electrokinesis, most people can't do it willing, with pyrokinesis, you may be able to burn a candle out with your mind, or make it lean from side to side, but thats it...With Telekinesis, people think we mean we cna move boulders and cars and tables and chairs, and Lions tigers and bears(Oh My!) with our minds...But the truth is that, with Telekinesis, being able to levitate a pencil or a pen(maybe something a little bigger) a few inches above the ground is considered being an expert....Some people(Very, Very few) can move bigger things...But if thye an then they usually lack the ability to move them from left to right because of friction, so they can only move them up and down very high....

But there....Just get it, that we're not super heroes! We're not trying to be! I know thta all the stupid Psychics at fairs, or at malls(Theres one at my mall anyways) Who have wierd dresses and beads and use crystal balls and tarrot crads and stuff, make you think this is all fake...But the true, natural version of this isn't...I mean, those people at fairs and malls, and the 900 numbers from like the 80's that cost you like like 3 dollars a minute, so you could call some weird tv psychic named Sytugacbuspolashiccabaibowbawawbabaoue, who just sits there rubbing her temples acting like shes seeing something, just to keep you on the line longer, might make you not belive, but they are usually fakes trying to make a fast buck...There are MANY "Professional" psychics who are genuine, alot of them....They help police and provide answers to people who don't know where else to go, and are very trusted...But they are just regualr people too...And if you aksed them how they got there "power" many of them will tell you anyone can do it...And it's not a power...

P.s=You people better like this, cause this took forever to type!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Atheist God

• Sporkling

But we aren't calling these super powers! These "abilities" aren't super natural in any way shape or form....Everyone has them, they just have to know how to unlock them...

I dont have much time here but my only question is this. If these abilities are natural why are we not seeing these powers everywhere? Why are they not common to the point of boredom?

We see the result of our "natural abilities" all around us. Our abilities, our intelligence, our memory, our tool making, our imagination etc has given us the world around us as a whole. Every part of our abilities is evident in the world we have created. Why dont we see these powers?

Kevin A.

The problem is Heart, that there is no hard evidence of them. You are claiming them, but are not willing to prove them. This blind belief reminds me of old time religion.

Ok look, you know, when you get gut feelings, like you know something will happen...Or you know what someones gonna say, way before you could've guessed, or just events like that that defy the laws of chance....Those are small glimpses, of the "powers" people just don't recognize them...The true "powers" are unlocked, once you see those, and think, "that was wierd, maybe I should try to inhance that" And then you start working on them, more and more until it happens more often, more fully, to a greater extent...Etc....Read any book from your local library or soemthing on PSI, and thye will all say that this is natural...Ask any scientist, who studies "powers" like these,and he will admit it happens more than people think...It's just thta things like this happen all he imte, but we dismiss them as nothing out of the ordinary and think thye are nothing..After a while logic takes over, shutting off all chance of these things coming bakc again...Thats why teens usually have a higher rating at ths stuff...Because they still belive and haven't been told this isn't real...But if they don't keep with it for a long time, then they will eventually lose it to...

Exactly, You guys would get so p***ed, if we did what to you, what you do to us...If when you said, find evidence to prove this, we would sya, we will, but in the meantime, you find evidence to disprove us...Common logic isn't enough to disprove something...Unlike you though, we have many examples, that show that they do exist...Of course it isn't enough for you guys, but th ething is...You have NOTHING, to disprove us...So whats your next move? Trying to pass the buck back to us? What to do now skeptics?

Yes I am claiming them. You are also claiming that they don't exist. Its faith too.

NO its not. I see there is no proof and make logical decision. You believe in something that you can't and won't prove. Thats faith. No different than believing in a supreme being.

Ok look, you know, when you get gut feelings, like you know something will happen...Or you know what someones gonna say, way before you could've guessed, or just events like that that defy the laws of chance....Those are small glimpses, of the "powers" people just don't recognize them...The true "powers" are unlocked, once you see those, and think, "that was wierd, maybe I should try to inhance that" And then you start working on them, more and more until it happens more often, more fully, to a greater extent...Etc....Read any book from your local library or soemthing on PSI, and thye will all say that this is natural...Ask any scientist, who studies "powers" like these,and he will admit it happens more than people think---------Please give us a list of such scientists and have yourself tested.

...It's just thta things like this happen all he imte, but we dismiss them as nothing out of the ordinary and think thye are nothing..After a while logic takes over, shutting off all chance of these things coming bakc again...Thats why teens usually have a higher rating at ths stuff...Because they still belive and haven't been told this isn't real... No. Teens still believe because they are fantasy prone. I bleived in vampires as a teenager. You will look back at this and feel foolish after you grow up.

Exactly, You guys would get so p***ed, if we did what to you, what you do to us...If when you said, find evidence to prove this, we would sya, we will, but in the meantime, you find evidence to disprove us...Common logic isn't enough to disprove something...Unlike you though, we have many examples, that show that they do exist...Of course it isn't enough for you guys, but th ething is...You have NOTHING, to disprove us...So whats your next move? Trying to pass the buck back to us? What to do now skeptics?

I don't think you will see this. So i'm bringing it to the front.

You show no evidence. You just talk a lot and you aren't using any logic.

You disprove yourselves and make yourself look quite foolish. Our next move, since you are scared to prove yourself, is to sit back and let you make yourself look silly.

Well, do you show evidence? of course not. But people have exprienced the paranormal. Not you of course but others have.

You don't seem to be sitting back yourself.

So me, fighting with all I got...I sitting back looking silly? I'm making perfect sense...You guys cnat tell me that I haven't given good examples and reasons for everything I belive in...

But the arguement psi is like religion, cause there is no proof...Lets see, The bible...Where'd that come from? It woulld be impossible for a bunch of guys to make up all the wisdom found in there....And since its so old, how could NAY regular human make thta stuff up bakc then? No one was that smart man,....The only explination is thta thye were learning from somebody, that what they are sayin in there is the truth...There are miracles happening EVERYDAY that proves god exist....And I know it's not my place to judge but, when I'm in hevan, I'll ask god if I can just visit all the skeptics from this thread who are dead burning right now...I'll be sure to bring a pitcher of water...

Well, do you show evidence? of course not. But people have exprienced the paranormal. Not you of course but others have.

You don't seem to be sitting back yourself.

You really make no sense at all. I have nothing to prove. I am making no claims. Shouldn't you be studying?

I have experienced strange things myslef. Wooo. Doesn't mean I am a wizard with psi powers.

So me, fighting with all I got...I sitting back looking silly? I'm making perfect sense...You guys cnat tell me that I haven't given good examples and reasons for everything I belive in...---YOU have given nothing but claims.

But the arguement psi is like religion, cause there is no proof...Lets see, The bible...Where'd that come from? Man wrote it. Nothing more.

It woulld be impossible for a bunch of guys to make up all the wisdom found in there....No it wouldn't. We are actually pretty smart.

And since its so old, how could NAY regular human make thta stuff up bakc then?Oh my god. LMAO.Its called stories, myths. Not truth.

No one was that smart man,....WRONG. You have a low opinion of mankind, especially since you think we have wizard powers.

The only explination is thta thye were learning from somebody, that what they are sayin in there is the truth...Thats , once again, your wishful thinking.

There are miracles happening EVERYDAY that proves god exist....NO there is not. Now it makes since. You need proof of nothing. You are willing to believe anything.

And I know it's not my place to judge but, when I'm in hevan,-Doesn't exist.

I'll ask god if I can just visit all the skeptics from this thread who are dead burning right now...I'll be sure to bring a pitcher of water...---I wouldn't to be in a heavean of a god that has a private torture chamber.

I like how you side step proving yourself. I wonder why? Because you can't.

i think the reason we dont accept our abilities is because we often write them off. except for Kenesis most psychic abilities are just perfected everyday functions.

telepathy is either psychology[expected reaction] or reading of body language or both

visions are a mixture of

odds vs statistics and pattern perdiction

with a touch of instinct or dreams acting as a medium.

now seeing dead people ill avoid because that is another debate entirely [do ghosts exist?]

NOW take into account that people pick up on different things due to different experiences.

at lunch a person will only know whats cooking if he's smelt it before. consider this as a minor example of prediction

now if we change context

a person who works a mine has a nightmare of an accident that will take place. sure enoughbit happens. but this is not abnormal you see.

James[for example] sees everday how the rocks react to the mining. because he has a year of data in his mind it is very easy for him to simulate the most likly disaster. what better way to SIMULATE than to dream? and then forboding hunch sets in warning him that the mine is following the perdicted course and he should leave.

now what do you think we are capable of if we learned to control this function.

i think the reason we dont accept our abilities is because we often write them off. except for Kenesis most psychic abilities are just perfected everyday functions.

telepathy is either psychology[expected reaction] or reading of body language or both

visions are a mixture of

odds vs statistics and pattern perdiction

with a touch of instinct or dreams acting as a medium.

now seeing dead people ill avoid because that is another debate entirely [do ghosts exist?]

NOW take into account that people pick up on different things due to different experiences.

at lunch a person will only know whats cooking if he's smelt it before. consider this as a minor example of prediction

now if we change context

a person who works a mine has a nightmare of an accident that will take place. sure enoughbit happens. but this is not abnormal you see.

James[for example] sees everday how the rocks react to the mining. because he has a year of data in his mind it is very easy for him to simulate the most likly disaster. what better way to SIMULATE than to dream? and then forboding hunch sets in warning him that the mine is following the perdicted course and he should leave.

now what do you think we are capable of if we learned to control this function.

no, what you are talking about does not fall under the category of telepathy or E.S.P, you're talking about mentalism, and there's a huge difference between them, see with telepathy, you use psi (energy) to reiceive and send thoughts, this way when somebody tries to send you something, you don't hear what they're saying in their heads, you get a bunch of emotions or pictures, that you have to decode in order to "know" what the other is thinking of. but with mentalismm, as you have said, you have to check the other person's body language, their surroundings, and analyse them on a psychological level, an example of a famous mentalist is of course criss angel, who scares the **** out of people by telling them what number, name, or object they're thinking of on his show mindfreak. now Heartagram, i understand that the reason of your post was to clear some misconcepts concerning psionics or psychic abilities, i also understand that your post was accompagned by a claim, i would appreciate it if when you become capable of performing TK(probably not), you make a video to support your claims, k? and by the way, all of you stop talking about god and heaven, like if you had a degree in ontology or something.

P.S: to all the skeptics, nobody ask me if i have proof, for psionics, i have stopped practicing for quite some time now, i've been busy doing more important things(studying), i have never made any claim concerning any psychic abilitie.

Well it should be much easier for the believers to prove they are right, than it is for the skeptics. The skeptics have to examine EVERY single person claiming to have these abilities, and if they find no evidence of the abilities, people just find excuses to why it did not work on that day. The believers just need to have ONE person prove their abilities exist, but still not ONE person has done that.

Edited by mutationman

P.S: to all the skeptics, nobody ask me if i have proof, for psionics, i have stopped practicing for quite some time now, i've been busy doing more important things(studying), i have never made any claim concerning any psychic abilitie.

:tu:

hmm mentalism

wheres the line? show me

as i see it emotion and body language is tied. if you have cooked steak you know when someone else is cooking it by the smell [data].

and as i said most of the process is SUBCONSCIOUS. so you are unaware how it works.

My personal opinions and arguments for this spoilt topic as well:

What each and every single persistant skeptic fails to realize is this: the so-called "believers" did not wait for other people's stories and evidences. You should have REALIZED BY NOW that if this was possible it would've happend AGES AGO. Don't you see it? You are still arguing and waiting for your evidences but you'll never get it neither from us nor your respected scientific journals. The only way to obtain the proof you are seeking (or not seeking) is (would be) to try things for yourselves. Expecting positive results can help a lot. You see, all these people here are sharing their stories with the rest of the "believers" who will then start pursuing the new skills, learning and developing more and more. That's partly why the view count is always way higher than the number of reactions. And while about half of the reactions is others sharing their similar stories, the other half is the skeptics explaining how these things are impossible and that they don't believe a word of it. I do understand that you have a right here that you can practice - the right to express opinions, but it's getting really boring now. If you really need to pound it all the time, to express that you "know" that this is all impossible and all lies then maybe you should go visit the Spirituality vs Skepticism topics more often, that's the place for you. We're trying to be constructive here and build a little community where people discuss their experiences, ask help for methods and better understanding of what's happening to them when they go through a new experience spontaniously. Criticising and arguing will not get you anywhere. Has it done so? Are you spiritually more and greater than a year ago? Is your life more full of new experiences, thoughts and understandings? Or still the same? Arguing and waiting for your evidence forever that you'll never see?

ive learned to accept the skeptics

the "good" ones you should be able to bounce theory off of.

dont waste your time on the "false" skofftics who are not actually here to learn.

skeptics need to be approached on their level. EVIDENCE and THEORY.

you say it is so prove it.

either show me

or explain how it works.

ive seen several who have hollow or incomplete theories. and many are incapable of evidence on this forum. im a beleiver but experience is proof for only you.

Edited by Nik Xues

I like how you side step proving yourself. I wonder why? Because you can't.

See thats what I mean! I dont want this thread to debate whether or not psi exist...i wnat people to relise this "power" isn't really a power...And that we don't think it is...People blow it all out of proportion and think we mean we can do amazing things wiht it but we cnat...Don't think we think we're wizards.....Thats why i made this thread...So people can relise we don't try to be superheroes....If you skeptics can understand that, then I don't give a damn whether or not you belive...I just want you guys to relise our sense when we talk about this stuff...

no, what you are talking about does not fall under the category of telepathy or E.S.P, you're talking about mentalism, and there's a huge difference between them, see with telepathy, you use psi (energy) to reiceive and send thoughts, this way when somebody tries to send you something, you don't hear what they're saying in their heads, you get a bunch of emotions or pictures, that you have to decode in order to "know" what the other is thinking of. but with mentalismm, as you have said, you have to check the other person's body language, their surroundings, and analyse them on a psychological level, an example of a famous mentalist is of course criss angel, who scares the **** out of people by telling them what number, name, or object they're thinking of on his show mindfreak. now Heartagram, i understand that the reason of your post was to clear some misconcepts concerning psionics or psychic abilities, i also understand that your post was accompagned by a claim, i would appreciate it if when you become capable of performing TK(probably not), you make a video to support your claims, k? and by the way, all of you stop talking about god and heaven, like if you had a degree in ontology or something.

Yea I'll make a video...I'll prolly put a psi wheel in a see-through jar and move it....I'll try to have a friend to video tape it, so he can move all around the jar the whole time and show there is no unseen crack or something in it...and Unlike other TK vids i'll try to get my face in, so you can see i'm not breathing on it...That, or i'll just wear a bandana to cover my mouth so I cant breath on it...

See thats what I mean! I dont want this thread to debate whether or not psi exist...i wnat people to relise this "power" isn't really a power...And that we don't think it is...People blow it all out of proportion and think we mean we can do amazing things wiht it but we cnat...Don't think we think we're wizards.....Thats why i made this thread...So people can relise we don't try to be superheroes....If you skeptics can understand that, then I don't give a damn whether or not you belive...I just want you guys to relise our sense when we talk about this stuff...

Of course it IS a POWER. We are not blowing it out of proportion. You are either effecting matter with only the power of your mind. Reading other peoples thoughts or predicting the future. Or projecting your consciousness out of your brain and into this world or another plane of existence.

Most the time what is being claimed or described as one of these "abilities" is something that no other animal on the planet is capable of. Something that defies the laws of physics. Something that has absolutely no basis in reality or proof of its existence.

These are super powers. These are not natural and these are something that is beyond anything any animal or human has ever been known to do. I dont see where we are blowing this stuff out of proportion....

Yea I'll make a video...I'll prolly put a psi wheel in a see-through jar and move it....I'll try to have a friend to video tape it, so he can move all around the jar the whole time and show there is no unseen crack or something in it...and Unlike other TK vids i'll try to get my face in, so you can see i'm not breathing on it...That, or i'll just wear a bandana to cover my mouth so I cant breath on it...

Oh for the love of toast........I hope you are kidding.......

Kevin A.