Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Truth on "Powers"

DfizzleShizzle

I am a skeptic who tries to prove psi right in my own way. Sorry to say this, but there is no possible way to prove it right. You have to experience it. Not to long ago I thought it was crap. But not to long ago I was seriously injured and I wanted to believe in something stronger then phsyical actions. Today I am alright but thats how i got into psi. You have to do it for yourself. Even if a guy goes into a lab and throws a tree 100 feet. Every single skeptic will find some way to find a reason for it to be false.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Atheist God

• Sporkling

that's not completely true, i mean, what if i was practicing and i made this "wheel" move, how do i know it was me who actually did it, how do i know it isn't some other scientific pheonomena, seriously, i have seen a lot of people on these forums, who say that they're able to move the psi wheel, but when you ask them if they can do it with a glass container on it, they say they can't, why is that? when somebody becomes capable of performing TK, he should go to a science lab, to test his skills, and to see if they're for real, this is the only way you can prove it to yourself. by the way heartagram, where did you learn psionics( what site)?

oh boy, where to start... (i've been gone for a while, eric you might remember me) first off I agree whole heartedly with the theory proposed here. I don't have the names right now (i'm working on getting them) but there are actually scientists out there who are "rediscovering" the fact that we are all connected by energy and that it is possible to unlock the ability to manipulate this energy with our minds. so this so called mystic power is actually a scientific truth, that most of the world has forgotten or dismissed, that is just being rediscovered by the scientific world. again, I don't have the names of the scientists that are conducting this study but I will get it to you guys ASAP.

I say just post of video of you showing what you CAN do and I bet you wouldn't get so much skepticism. :tu:

Yes, just like before advanced technology was developed it was called "Magic" or "impossible"

Tech=Magic

Mind Powers = Super human powers . . . . . etc

I am a skeptic who tries to prove psi right in my own way. Sorry to say this, but there is no possible way to prove it right. You have to experience it. Not to long ago I thought it was crap. But not to long ago I was seriously injured and I wanted to believe in something stronger then phsyical actions. Today I am alright but thats how i got into psi. You have to do it for yourself. Even if a guy goes into a lab and throws a tree 100 feet. Every single skeptic will find some way to find a reason for it to be false.

Agreed! Thats what I am saying...They have to try it to truely understand it...If anyone is intrested in it pm me and I can give you guidelines...

that's not completely true, i mean, what if i was practicing and i made this "wheel" move, how do i know it was me who actually did it, how do i know it isn't some other scientific pheonomena, seriously, i have seen a lot of people on these forums, who say that they're able to move the psi wheel, but when you ask them if they can do it with a glass container on it, they say they can't, why is that? when somebody becomes capable of performing TK, he should go to a science lab, to test his skills, and to see if they're for real, this is the only way you can prove it to yourself. by the way heartagram, where did you learn psionics( what site)?

I learned psions mainly at psipog.net....But the thing is to remember to adjust whatever you wnat to fit what seems sensible to you...There is no REAL method for psi, just a bunch of widely accepted ones...And one way to tell if you make the psi wheel move, and if it really was you...Was to try to make it move, then try to stop it....If you can do that...Then try to move it, stop, and move it the other way....

Yes, just like before advanced technology was developed it was called "Magic" or "impossible"

Tech=Magic

Mind Powers = Super human powers . . . . . etc

Yea, good example...

I learned psions mainly at psipog.net

psipog????? ok stop there is no need to hear more, i was just asking to see if you were one of those "kinesis" fluffbunies, but psipog is not fluff, i learned from there too!!!!!!!!!! anyway, i encourage you to continue practicing, so that someday you can make a video, and post it on the forums!!!!!!!

psipog????? ok stop there is no need to hear more, i was just asking to see if you were one of those "kinesis" fluffbunies, but psipog is not fluff, i learned from there too!!!!!!!!!! anyway, i encourage you to continue practicing, so that someday you can make a video, and post it on the forums!!!!!!!

Or possibly go to a university and let a scientist test you under controlled conditions.

If you can't make a video that cuts out all the possibities of your abilty being fake then it's useless.

Or possibly go to a university and let a scientist test you under controlled conditions.

If you can't make a video that cuts out all the possibities of your abilty being fake then it's useless.

Vanguish, i agree, but i was just saying that he needs to post a video on the forums to support his claims.

Vanguish, i agree, but i was just saying that he needs to post a video on the forums to support his claims.

Videos are interesting I suppose! But, they are all pretty much the same thing and don't really prove much of anything.

Videos are interesting I suppose! But, they are all pretty much the same thing and don't really prove much of anything.

exactly, psipog.net does have a media section, where they show videos of them moving psi-wheels and other objects, but the webmaster sean connelly, himself said that these videos don't prove anything and that they just made them for two reasons:

_ cuz it's cool

_ cuz he'd rather hear people claiming that the videos are not real, than hear people saying that he and the other members are fake and that if they were for real they would have made some videos.

anyway here's psipog's media section(in case you're interested) :http://www.psipog.net/media.html

Hehe

That shows my point...

Don't get me wrong as soon as I can do this i'll make a vid...

But the thing is you skeptics whine for a vid...So we make one and apparently it's fake....

I'll make sure you can see EVERY LITTLE detail to show you it aint fake....

Hehe

That shows my point...

But the thing is you skeptics whine for a vid...So we make one and apparently it's fake....

THATS WHY YOU GO GET TESTED UNDER SCIENTIFIC CONDITIONS, instead of making excuses.

Hehe

That shows my point...

There is no way to full proof a video... Now a days technology makes it possible to fake anything, let's not forget about simple trickery as well that does not require much effort at all.

I haven't whined for a vid from you and the last vid someone posted was a pinwheel vid. I certainly can't say that all the videos posted online can be fake but simply given the nature of video itself rational and logical explanations cannot be ruled out.

BTW I don't think you will ever be able to do it.

But we aren't calling these super powers! These "abilities" aren't super natural in any way shape or form....Everyone has them, they just have to know how to unlock them...I had pretty much no "ability" when I started this about a month ago...Yes, I had some premenitions, could see a few seconds into "the future"(More like seeing a 5 second image of what will happen in about another 5 seconds...lol) but still not much....

If everyone had super powers which is what I call them then there would be common knowledge in very much the same way that everyone has a heart, lungs and liver.

I started studying this stuff, and my "abilities(hate callin em that!) have expanded greatly...I can now make psi balls, I can almost do AP...I am gettin close at TK, my telepathy has increased, and my preminition, and ability to see little glimpses of "the future" have grown to the point where it happens almost daily....I freak my friends out, by saying what they are gonna say about 2 seconds before they say it...It really scares them(Very funny, by the way,) I mean, some people might say I was a little more wired for it....But I think I'm just a normal kid, who was able to see little glimpses of the natural "power" and was able to unlock it to a greater extent...We can all do that....

I don't think you can do any of these things and simply deluding yourself into thinking you can.... This or your lying anyway

It funny how a thread which you say is made to debate existence goes into extraordinary claims.

None of us ever said this was supernatural, Things like this just get blown out of proportion...When somone says they think they have Elektrokinesis, people automatically assume the guy crazy, because thye think he means he can make lighting occur, or if someone says pyrokinesis, people think he means he can create fire, and then makie it into the shape of an animal, and make it dance and have complete control over it.

All these things are TK as they all involve manipulating matter and energy.... This being said I refuse to simply take people at their word, I need yummy evidence to quench my thirst.

When the fatc is, whatever "ability" we have, its not to as great of an extent as we think...With Electrokinesis, most people can't do it willing, with pyrokinesis, you may be able to burn a candle out with your mind, or make it lean from side to side, but thats it...With Telekinesis, people think we mean we cna move boulders and cars and tables and chairs, and Lions tigers and bears(Oh My!) with our minds...But the truth is that, with Telekinesis, being able to levitate a pencil or a pen(maybe something a little bigger) a few inches above the ground is considered being an expert....Some people(Very, Very few) can move bigger things...But if thye an then they usually lack the ability to move them from left to right because of friction, so they can only move them up and down very high....

Fact is there is nothing to suggest at all that anyone can move even a feather with their minds. You are simply taking claims at face value and assuming it's true, where as most of the skeptics here including myself prefer to weigh in on the evidence and the formulate an opinion.

But there....Just get it, that we're not super heroes! We're not trying to be! I know thta all the stupid Psychics at fairs, or at malls(Theres one at my mall anyways) Who have wierd dresses and beads and use crystal balls and tarrot crads and stuff, make you think this is all fake...But the true, natural version of this isn't...I mean, those people at fairs and malls, and the 900 numbers from like the 80's that cost you like like 3 dollars a minute, so you could call some weird tv psychic named Sytugacbuspolashiccabaibowbawawbabaoue, who just sits there rubbing her temples acting like shes seeing something, just to keep you on the line longer, might make you not belive, but they are usually fakes trying to make a fast buck...There are MANY "Professional" psychics who are genuine, alot of them....They help police and provide answers to people who don't know where else to go, and are very trusted...But they are just regualr people too...And if you aksed them how they got there "power" many of them will tell you anyone can do it...And it's not a power...

I don't suppose you can provide anything solid that proves that those claiming TK hoaky looking or not can do what they say they can.

A trick besides the pinwheel thats fun to do is making beer bottles levitate etc... Always impresses the ladies, of course they believe I have mind powers but i really don't it's just an illusion... I did this in a bar one time and this girls boyfriend got up in my face so i said to him if I can levitate a beer bottle with my mind imagine what I could do to your brain. It defused a potentially violent situation.

If I had real powers I would use them for my own personal gain financial or otherwise... predicting lottery numbers, stock markets and global events could propel you straight to the top.

If everyone had super powers which is what I call them then there would be common knowledge in very much the same way that everyone has a heart, lungs and liver.

HA! Theres the reason I made this thread! To show that they aren't superpowers...They are just normal abilities that aren't completely understood yet and that aren't completely known....

HA! Theres the reason I made this thread! To show that they aren't superpowers...They are just normal abilities that aren't completely understood yet and that aren't completely known....

If they were normal abilities that everyone possessed then we would not be having this debate now would we. In order to understand something you first have to prove it even exists. You cannot and never will be able to prove that such abilities exist and in turn have no valid points to debate with.

Give me evidence or give me peanuts.

Athiest you are WRONG. Proof is for you. For me, I don't need proof. What you said applies only to you and the people out there who call themselves skeptics of whom i am very scathing. We have many points to debate with. This debate has gone on for how long? If we had no points, we would have ceased to debate long ago would we not? You can't prove everything and you know it.

Athiest you are WRONG. Proof is for you. For me, I don't need proof. What you said applies only to you and the people out there who call themselves skeptics of whom i am very scathing. We have many points to debate with. This debate has gone on for how long? If we had no points, we would have ceased to debate long ago would we not? You can't prove everything and you know it.

I am not wrong and you nor anyone else making claims of this nature simply cannot be taken with anything more then a grain of salt w/o tangible evidence.

As for points you have made all of them simply do not hold up under scrutiny and rely heavily on faith and hearsay.

Fact is psychic and other abilities can be proven under strict controls even if we cannot isolate the mechanics at work. Another fact is that the burden of evidence does not rest on my shoulders I simply weigh in on it.

As for debate there really isn't one because the situation is this...

Someone says powers are real, someone asks for evidence, the believer gives a lame brain excuse and then never really explains anything at all.

The only thing a logical mind can do regarding a topic like this is weigh in on the evidence... Since in this case there is none there is only one rational and logical conclusion people with a half a brain can come to.

All you have done is make excuses for yourself and say powers are real without really backing it up at all...

There is no debate here until something is put on the table for all of us to weigh in on... To simply put it your side either needs to put up or shut up because you guys are getting trashed in every single thread.

Then try it for yourself athiest....

The only way you can tell if not everyone has these abilities is to try it for yourself...

Electro...Tell him how to do the bottle cap thing...

I'm gonna go make a sandwhich... :D

Edited by Heartagram3200

has anyone ever been tested and shown to 'really' have these powers? just wondering

no anecdotal stories about someone’s sisters boyfriends kid brother doing something, please supply a link... TIA

Then try it for yourself athiest....

The only way you can tell if not everyone has these abilities is to try it for yourself...

I did try it when i was younger and more gullible then I am now... after like a year+ I accomplished nothing.

You people always say try it for yourself and this is nothing more then a cop out... Many of us have explored such abilities and got no results, so aside from mine and everyone else's failed attempts coupled with the fact that no one can provide anything but hearsay there is only one logical conclusion.

While I cannot discount the possibility that such abilities can be achieved as time goes on the odds continually stack against this possibility.

has anyone ever been tested and shown to 'really' have these powers? just wondering

no anecdotal stories about someone’s sisters boyfriends kid brother doing something, please supply a link... TIA

No one has ever been tested under strict controls and proven such abilities... As for links don't count on it I have been asking for evidence since I first joined this website some time ago.

No one has ever been tested under strict controls and proven such abilities... As for links don't count on it I have been asking for evidence since I first joined this website some time ago.

Thanx AtheistGod, that's what I suspected... just thought I'd ask though, as there might have been some 'new' breakthrough... :tu:

Edited by Pax Unum

Hmmm.Typical...You hear one negative story on this stuff, the n say its not real...What about all the positive stories on this stuff too?

I'm having good results...

and many others are too...

Hmmm.Typical...You hear one negative story on this stuff, the n say its not real...What about all the positive stories on this stuff too?

I'm having good results...

and many others are too...

It seems the only positve results and stories are from kids like you. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. Lying is real easy.