Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
DfizzleShizzle

The Truth on "Powers"

56 posts in this topic

Pax Unum
Hmmm.Typical...You hear one negative story on this stuff, the n say its not real...What about all the positive stories on this stuff too?

I'm having good results...

and many others are too...

I'm not interested in 'stories', information on clinical tests would be welcome... as Eric Raven The Skeptic points out, it's easy for kids to lie about 'powers'...

Atheist God
Hmmm.Typical...You hear one negative story on this stuff, the n say its not real...What about all the positive stories on this stuff too?

I'm having good results...

and many others are too...

Eric made a valid point here regarding lying online. Since face to face contact is not required lying online becomes extremely easy which is why stories and claims of such nature cannot simply be accepted.

I say it's not real because there is no evidence of existence at all, which would not be the case if people could do what they claim they can.

DfizzleShizzle

Hehe, learn telepathy...We could communicate that way...Hehe, skeptics...

I would hate to be cursed with skepticisim...Being so closed minded would be so boring...Not being able to experience things that alot of people just dream about...Bet it sucks to be you guys huh?

Pax Unum

I don't see this thread going anywhere...

drakonwick
Hehe, learn telepathy...We could communicate that way...Hehe, skeptics...

I would hate to be cursed with skepticisim...Being so closed minded would be so boring...Not being able to experience things that alot of people just dream about...Bet it sucks to be you guys huh?

Skepticism is not a curse, actually its a part of everyday life! Psions, :hmm: (Ugh, I hate that made up label.) are skeptical

of the skeptic, for which is a bit hypocritical.

No it does not suck to be a non-believer in these supposed abilities. On one end you have reality, on the other there is fantasy. Its a lot easier to get through life in reality. :tu:

Edited by Vanquish

Tiggs

As this thread seems to be devolving into the usual Believers vs Skeptics flamewar I really can't see any reason why it should continue.

There are plenty of sites on the internet that are "believer friendly", where skeptics are not allowed to participate.

UM is not one of those.

To recap, from the Forum Guidelines posted above:

"While our aim is to encourage serious discussion on metaphysical phenomena in this section, members posting dubious claims of fantastic psychokinetic abilities can expect to be at the receiving end of a certain degree of skepticism. We would like to encourage visitors to come forward with legitimate stories, however at the same time we want to discourage the posting of intentionally fabricated claims."

In short - the Internet is flooded with dubious claims of fantastic psychokinetic abilities. Unlike other sites, however, UM, is sadly not affiliated with Professor Xavier's school of mutants. It is a Forum for serious discussion of metaphysical phenomena.

If you make a claim that you possess psychokinetic abilities, be prepared on this forum for skeptics to ask you to prove it. The truth is, that if you have those abilities, the world's media and scientists are going to give you a far rougher ride than this forum ever will. Think of it as a gentle test in preparation for the evidence that the real world is going to demand from you.

If your intent is to make claims of psychokinetic ability and providing proof is not something that you wish to do, for whatever reason, then I would strongly suggest that your needs would be better served by finding an alternative "believer friendly" site to participate in.

Thread closed.

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]