Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'91 pickup passes the 1m-mile mark

Owlscrying

Gresham, Wis.- (AP) - Frank Oresnik's trusty pickup truck - he calls it "the old girl" - passed the 1 million-mile mark with a camera crew filming the event and a public-radio audience listening in. "I can't tell you how much fun it was," he said. "It was really humbling, all this interest."

Oresnik drove the 1991 Chevrolet Silverado that he bought with 41,000 miles on it in 1996 and used in his business, distributing seafood and steaks in the upper Midwest.

He's had the truck's oil changed more than 300 times. It's had so many changes that the oil pan drain plug had to be rethreaded several times, he said, and "you never hear of that."

Now that it's made history, the truck could be headed back to the automaker or Shell Oil. Oresnik said there's been some interested in GM or Shell Oil buying it.

go

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Onyx~

• -WOLF-12227-

• Owlscrying

• Finsup22

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard something about that recently. I'm in the automotive industury with Toyota, and I seem to recall that the truck in question had it's transmission changed 4 times and the gas tank changed a couple of times as well, at that point, why bother?

One million miles is still a hell of a lot, and if he's happy with it, I guess that's all that matters.

and its a chevy, thats even more impressive.

and its a chevy, thats even more impressive.

LOL, and I believe that happening with a Ford is one of the many signs of the apocalypse.

A chevy made 1 million miles, wow now that is heart stoping. lol. And a ford wold fall apart before getting to a 1 million mile mark.