Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

instant hatred towards someone

Meltus

I've had this happen once, i don't mean dislike but real hatred, i only met him twice for a minute or two each time, the first time i had to walk away because i felt myself getting the red mist, the second time a friend of mine spotted me looking a bit weird and drag me away. I've never felt like that about anyone before or since. I'd forgotten about him till reading this thread, thinking about him now he still makes me feel the same. Odd.

And as others have said on here too - i'm normally laid back and chilled out about everything, live and let live and all that..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theSOURCE

• Kazahel

• She-ra

• SunDogDayze

I can't remember actually seeing or meeting someone and right off saying I hate them....I'm a very suspicious person, and trust hardly anyone, so that feeling may come to mind, and I may listen to my gut feeling and just stay away from them....I can see where Lilly is coming from with hate being jealousy....Many a time I have said "I hate the way the dress looks on her" or "I hate that she has that great body", but it wasn't spiteful towards the person themselves, just that I wanted to look as good as them...... :)

Just curious, but how can you actually hate someone you don't know?

How come you can actually love someone you don't know?

sorry if this is in the wrong place. didn't know where to post it.

basically, my and my girlfriend were at my mates party about a year and a bit ago, and someone was there whom i didn't know. so i went over to talk to him and from the moment we looked at each other i absolutly hated him. loathed him even. i had absolutly no reason to whatsoever, he'd done nothing to me and he hadn't even spoke to me, i just couldn't stand being around him.

all my mates think he's an alright guy and he comes out with us and stuff but i can't be around him at all. Just being in the same room makes me angry and i just want to get up and kick the sh** out of him, although i don't think i've ever hit anyone in my life.

It's not in my nature to be agressive and was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

Yes it even has a name. It's called sangre pesada. :angry: It translates to heavy blood. It is when you hate someone at first sight or first meeting.

I have had sangre pesada for few ppl. lol

How come you can actually love someone you don't know?

Personally, I don't believe that anyone can actually love someone without getting to know them first. So-called love at first sight can be attributed to lust, infatuation, or even deep admiration. Love is a powerful emotion that needs time to develop and grow. It involves compromises and sacrifices that one must be willing to make. In my opinion, anyone who claims to love someone without actually knowing anything about them is, in fact, simply obsessed with that other person.

As an example, let's say you see or meet someone you find extremely physically attractive, but once you get to know him/her you find that their personality (or mannerisms, beliefs, prejudices, mental attitude, etc.) is completely repulsive to you. Would you say that you still love that person?

Unless you believe that love is something that you can turn on and off at a whim, I don't think it's possible to love a complete stranger.

Of course, this is just my 2 cents.

I'd be interested to know whether people who've hated people at first sight have also felt a strong like for other people upon first meeting them? Because if both happen, I might be tempted to entertain the possibility that it's some kind of instinctive reaction... but I've got to admit that the idea of hating someone you don't know and have barely spoken to doesn't sit easily with me.

I took a psychology class and in that class we learned that people judge you and create this idea about you personality within the first five minutes of meeting you. just a thought.

In my opinion, anyone who claims to love someone without actually knowing anything about them is, in fact, simply obsessed with that other person.

But how could they be obsessed with that person if they dont know anything about them? Like if one thinks they have love at first sight how can that be obsession when they just met.

As an example, let's say you see or meet someone you find extremely physically attractive, but once you get to know him/her you find that their personality (or mannerisms, beliefs, prejudices, mental attitude, etc.) is completely repulsive to you. Would you say that you still love that person?

I would. I knew a chick who was pretty sweet.. but she was nasty as sometimes.. it completely drove me nuts.. but I loved that about her too. But I look at it like everyone has God in them which is love, and its only the clashing of egos that can feel repulsive. So it feels like I can still love a person on a certain level who is a stranger(or who's ego might repulse me sometimes).

Edited by Kazahel

No, I never had either (hate or love).

I tend to wait until someone gives me a reason not to like them. Hate is such a strong word it's sort of disturbing how people can use it so freely.

When I was in the corporate world I would deal with a lot of clients. Some people would say to me, "oh, you're going to hate so-and-so...". In a way that always urked me. I like to get to know someone and judge for myself. There have been people/clients who others "hated" and I would get along with just fine. I don't know. I guess people sometimes tend to jump on a bandwagon whether it's hating or "she's a hoe" or "he's an ass"; I don't like to do that.

Love at first sight? Well, hmmm, I think that might be more possibly human sexual instinct with quasi-passion; pheremones (<---spelling?). I think that may fall into a more physical category than mental.

So, ultimately, I don't see how either can truly happen.

I will say that I have had some sort of instints towards someone if they appear to be negative, hostile, angry and so forth. That does NOT mean I hate that person. I usually try to help someone like that "out"; make them feel better or try to be positive towards them and then they just end up hating ME! Whatever...

C'est la vie! :) Jody

But how could they be obsessed with that person if they dont know anything about them? Like if one thinks they have love at first sight how can that be obsession when they just met.

Okay, perhaps obsession was too strong a word. But I still believe it is an attraction brought on by lust or infatuation and is in no way true love (unless the type of love you're referring to is of the "I love that book" or "I love my coffee in the morning" variety). :)

I would. I knew a chick who was pretty sweet.. but she was nasty as sometimes.. it completely drove me nuts.. but I loved that about her too. But I look at it like everyone has God in them which is love, and its only the clashing of egos that can feel repulsive. So it feels like I can still love a person on a certain level who is a stranger(or who's ego might repulse me sometimes).

But you did eventually get to know her and that's my point. She wasn't a complete stranger.

Let me ask you a question. Suppose you have a friend who sees an actress in a movie for the very first time. He then goes on about how hot she is and how much he would like to meet her in person. Would you say that he honestly loves her?

Let me ask you a question. Suppose you have a friend who sees an actress in a movie for the very first time. He then goes on about how hot she is and how much he would like to meet her in person. Would you say that he honestly loves her?

No. He loves the way she looks, not her soul.

No probably not because he just said he thinks shes 'hot' and wants to meet her in person. But if he said he loved her because of what she is(being apart of the Divine) then I might think he honestly loved her yes.

I never believed that any man can hate another at first sight...thats bullsh*t.

Anyone telling ya otherwise has either got serious self/personal issues or is blatantly prejudice.

I agree with Reb on this.. Hate is a powerful word/emotion to describe someone you don't even know..

Well maybe if the person was grinning and being a smartarse, but other than that I can't see any other reason why I would hate them.

Well everyone differs. If I came across someone like that I would see through the insecure grinning and smartass stuff to someone who has been hurt for whatever reason. I wouldn't hate them for being a grinning smartass. I would think "damn who kicked their cat today?" I would probably smile at him/her and be nice... try to break the negativity. It's all like one big chain reaction to me. I always smile at people. DO it and watch what happens... if they smile and nod back that makes me feel good... and maybe they feel good too.

Well everyone differs. If I came across someone like that I would see through the insecure grinning and smartass stuff to someone who has been hurt for whatever reason. I wouldn't hate them for being a grinning smartass. I would think "damn who kicked their cat today?" I would probably smile at him/her and be nice... try to break the negativity. It's all like one big chain reaction to me. I always smile at people. DO it and watch what happens... if they smile and nod back that makes me feel good... and maybe they feel good too.

The thing is, when you smile at someone.... they tend to get all nervous/weird/shy, but alright I will try it more only because you said so.

No. He loves the way she looks, not her soul.

Then quite obviously that's not love but rather infatuation. ;)

No probably not because he just said he thinks shes 'hot' and wants to meet her in person. But if he said he loved her because of what she is(being apart of the Divine) then I might think he honestly loved her yes.

I understand that you're looking at this in a religious context and I have no problem with that. However, I'm sure that you're also well aware that not everyone shares your religious beliefs.

Anyone telling ya otherwise has either got serious self/personal issues or is blatantly prejudice.

Aw dude, you cut straight to the chase. :tu: I agree that it's impossible to either hate or love someone at just a glance. Anyone who feels that they can either hate or love someone by just looking at them for the first time should seriously take a long hard look into themselves because there may be some serious issues that they need to address. Love and hate are not the throw away emotions that the current media portrays them to be.

I understand that you're looking at this in a religious context and I have no problem with that. However, I'm sure that you're also well aware that not everyone shares your religious beliefs.

Yes I'm aware of that, but what does that have to do with anything?? I mean you say above that you have no problem with that etc.. but then you go on to say..

Anyone who feels that they can either hate or love someone by just looking at them for the first time should seriously take a long hard look into themselves because there may be some serious issues that they need to address.

So does this mean your including me in your last quote or not? Because I dont see it as a serious issue as you put it.. to recognise what I said before.. Why would it be? Why would loving the Divine in someone(a stranger)be a serious issue I need to address?

Edited by Kazahel

I don't think in this case we mean hate as in 'want that person to die a slow and painful death in front of our eyes' but more of like a 'i do not want to be around this person in any way, shape or form' kind of way. At least I did.

i agree with sundogdayze

the vibe was more avoid at all costs. but not from fear.

the reason you want to pummel them is to drive them off.

it wasnt predjudice

predjudice is based on misconceptions and prior communication.

this is out of the blue from the point of contact. i never met or heard of the guy before.

I always thought prejudice 'pre-judging' someone and or somebody's opinion in advance?...

prejudice:

NOUN:

1a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

b. A preconceived preference or idea. 2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions.

thats what's strange though.

I mean, sure, i dislike people, as does everyone, but i wouldn't go as far to say i hate anybody except for this guy. I have no reason to hate him, he's done nothing to me and i hated him even before i ever spoke to him or heard him speak. I know i'm not prejudice as i seem to get on quite well with people and don't really make any enemies or even judge people before i get to know them. Hell, even this guy i hate trys to get on with me and apparently thinks i'm an alright guy, which is beyond me. :hmm: so i sure as hell hope i don't have self/personal issues :P.

oh, and i spoke to some people about this yesterday and asked this one guy what they thought about him and they said, "oh, he's alright. can be a bit of a c*nt sometimes though."

maybe i knew this from just looking at him?

god knows, i'm probably just a bit insane.