Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

instant hatred towards someone

Meltus

sorry if this is in the wrong place. didn't know where to post it.

basically, my and my girlfriend were at my mates party about a year and a bit ago, and someone was there whom i didn't know. so i went over to talk to him and from the moment we looked at each other i absolutly hated him. loathed him even. i had absolutly no reason to whatsoever, he'd done nothing to me and he hadn't even spoke to me, i just couldn't stand being around him.

all my mates think he's an alright guy and he comes out with us and stuff but i can't be around him at all. Just being in the same room makes me angry and i just want to get up and kick the sh** out of him, although i don't think i've ever hit anyone in my life.

It's not in my nature to be agressive and was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

Yes. This has happened to me in my life more than once. I have no explanation for it, unless I'm encountering another Alpha female, such as myself. I just chalk the experiences up to having met the individual(s) in another life and we didn't have a positive relationship for whatever reason. I know that it sounds strange- in another life. But what else could it be? I didn't meet them in this life!

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theSOURCE

• Kazahel

• She-ra

• Nik Xues

This has happened to me before. I was at my friend’s house and he had over his cousin, I hated him the first time I saw him. I had no idea why. When I tried to get to know him it turned out he was an ***. Later in the day we where in the woods behind my house and we were just walking when he tired to hit me in the back of my head with a log that he had found. But because I had that feeling of hate when I first met him I did not trust him, so I was keeping an eye on him. I dodged it at the last sec. If I had not he must likely would have broke my neck. Instant hatred towards someone saved me once, so now when ever I feel that way I say away from that person.

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced this same thing. Maybe not to the extent of pure hate and rage, but certainly a strong dislike. Alternately, I also find myself liking certain people the second I meet them.

Honestly, I feel like people give off a type of energy that we either connect with or repelled by pretty quickly. I don't quite know what it is. ALl I do know for sure is that I have a pretty good success rate at listening to that instinct. The people I dislike right away end up giving me good reason to. As do the people I like right away give me a good reason to do so. So, I'm cool with it. It's served me quite well.

This is something HUGELY common with people of my age group (16 y.o). Personally I've never hated someone for no reason but I know heaps of people who do. Particulary girls.

I think it's jealousy.

It's an odd thing to me, but I've had it happen.

Usually I can get along with practically anybody, but there was this one fella I met some years back, and he and I took an instant dislike to one another. Just about outright hostility.

I talked to a friend who knew this guy and he expressed his shock, saying that this guy was one of the most laid-back people he'd ever met, besides me.

Very strange. I haven't understood it to this day.

I heard a theory that you can see tell-tale personality traits in someones' retinas, and that our DNA can somewhat sense someone else's DNA that is similar to our own- That, combined with phermones and body language and maybe some old memories or situations about that person reverberating, can cause for a judgement that really is judge, jury, and executioner at the second you encounter that person.

It's "wrong" to hate anything, and giving-in to hate doesnt make ANY situation better, but the thing thats hard to argue with is that usually that 'snap-judgement' is correct. I don't believe in intuition on its "own" but more as... very tiny subconcious signs and patterns that add up to a judgement. Rage and hate can blind you to make you feel unjustified or perhaps YOUR character is the one thats flawed. But don't internalize it.

Instead of thinking of it as "Man I really hate that person." It should be "I hate when people don't introduce themselves right away." or "I hate when people speak in a condescending way to me." or "Everyone I have ever met from France has been a jerk to me."

Anger is a gift, but if you don't use it in the correct way it will get the best of you.

-Pol

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several instances of instant like/dislike over the years. I've met people who I've felt I had known forever, and became fast friends with after just a few minutes. Conversely, I've met a total of 4 people in my life that I absolutely detested from day 1. I've met plenty of people who initially rubbed me the wrong way, but not to this extent. I always give those who rub me the wrong way a chance of course, and after getting to know them, usually find nothing wrong with them. The ones that I instantly detested...well read on.

The first was when I was around 13 years old. A friend of mine's mother was getting married for the second time, and I was introduced to her soon-to-be stepfather. From the moment I laid eyes on him, I knew he was scum. I almost ran from the room the feeling was so strong. I couldn't look him in the eye (something very strange for me) and made an excuse to get out of the room as quickly as possible. I didn't say anything to my friend since she seemed to like him, and I didn't want to upset her. About 6 months after he moved into their home, my friend confided in me that he had touched her in an inappropriate manner and tried to kiss her. She was absolutely devastated. She told her mother, legal actions were taken, and they divorced. I felt unbelievably guilty for not telling my friend about my earlier dislike for this man, although I realize that now that I could not have prevented what eventually happened.

Second time I was 19. I had just moved into my first apartment and was very excited at my new found freedom. I had met a few people in the building and they all seemed nice enough. Then one day, I met a neighbor who I hadn't met before. He lived on different floor, and somehow we had never crossed paths. I was at the mailbox and had just put my key in, when I felt an overwhelming sense of dread. I was convinced my life was in danger. I spun around and saw a man walking toward me, keys in hand. He smiled, said hi...perfectly normal, but I knew in my heart there was something wrong with him. I practically ran away from the mailboxes back to my apartment. I told a few people what had happened. Of course everyone told me I was being ridiculous, but I remembered the feeling I got from my friend's stepfather, so I refused to disregard my fears. I avoided this man at all costs, and even contemplated moving. Within a few weeks, the police showed up one night and arrested him. I never found out why, but he didn't come back, and the landlord wound up clearing out all of his things, so he had to have done something pretty horrible.

Third time I was around 27 or so. A dear friend introduced me to her new boyfriend. Instant dislike and distrust yet again. This time I warned my friend..wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. She knew about my previous "premonitions", but didn't act on my warning being blinded by love, hormones, or something of that nature. They moved in together around a year later, and within a few months, he was beating her on a fairly regular basis. Every argument ended in a physical altercation. She finally came to her senses and left him. I didn't want to give her the "see I told you so" routine, so I kept my mouth shut. Figured she had been through enough.

Last time was 3 years ago. My boss had just hired a new woman employee, and I was responsible for training her. Believe me when I tell you there was no jealousy involved. She was quite unattractive and I deduced she was not very bright from a limited first conversation with her. I absolutely could not stand being around her, but I had no choice. I told my boss that I felt he had made a mistake in hiring her, but of course he pooh-poohed me. Told me her references were good, she really needed the job, etc. I trained her as quickly as I could, then avoided her as much as possible. One day a previous co-worker, and good friend, brought her new baby in for everyone to see. I left my office and went out to the lobby area to hang out with them for about 15 minutes. Everyone in the office came out for at least a minute or 2 to admire the baby before resuming work. Everyone but the new woman employee that is. I finally went back to my office and worked another hour or so before going to lunch. When I got up to leave, I realized my purse was open, and the contents appeared to have been tampered with. I opened my wallet to check the contents. I had started the day with 120 dollars in my wallet. Upon counting, I found 80 dollars remained. I had worked with everyone else in the office for quite a while, so I knew exactly who was responsible. I went to my boss, told him what happened, then called the police. This woman was getting ready to leave for lunch, so my boss stalled her until the police arrived. They ordered her to empty her pockets, and of course, my 40 dollars were found. She insisted it was her money and much drama ensued which I won't bother going into here. She was obviously fired immediately, and my boss apologized to me for not listening when I had tried to warn him about her.

I want to apologize for being so long-winded with my response, but it feels good to get this out of my system. I have no explanation for why I get these feelings. I don't claim to be psychic, clairvoyant, or anything of that nature. I personally think that maybe people can be "tuning forks" for negative/positive energy now and then. Whatever the cause, my "instincts" have served me well.

basically, my and my girlfriend were at my mates party about a year and a bit ago, and someone was there whom i didn't know. so i went over to talk to him and from the moment we looked at each other i absolutly hated him. loathed him even. i had absolutly no reason to whatsoever, he'd done nothing to me and he hadn't even spoke to me, i just couldn't stand being around him.

all my mates think he's an alright guy and he comes out with us and stuff but i can't be around him at all. Just being in the same room makes me angry and i just want to get up and kick the sh** out of him, although i don't think i've ever hit anyone in my life.

It's not in my nature to be agressive and was just wondering if anyone else had any experiences like this?

I had the reverse happen. But we became friends at some point ironically.

She said after a while she realized why. I reminded her of a friend subconsciously that had screwed her over very badly. I have the same voice pitch and facial features I guess.

I have met people I couldn't warm up to from the get-go but my hunches have always been right.

I think I read body language and facial expressions and eyes very well.

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

Perhaps it was someone you knew in your past life.

I agree with you.

I have never had this happen to me, although I have liked people streight away before.

It was your inner intuition kicking in.... Listen to it! Its always right!

I agree with some of the poster's replies on the board on this subject where they say it's completely normal. I've experienced this myself, usually if the other individual's an "Alpha" individual of sorts. But the feeling seems to intensify when it's another "Alpha" female. Who knows where it comes from, or why. I chalk it up to either 1) Something about them is colliding with my psyche, or, 2) I knew them in a former lifetime and they p***ed me off. But I definately don't limit myself to just those two reasons. They just happen to be the only two that I can come up with for now.