Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quija board challenge to skeptics

cpjason

I would really be interested to see if a Quija board skeptic would go out and buy a board, and try to bring demons or evil spirits into their home. If you really don't believe in Quija boards I challenge you.

Go out and buy one. Use the board often and alone, and try to contact demons and other evil spirits. When you get one, ask it to perform tricks for you to prove it is real. Ask it to appear in your room, ask it to take control of your body, ask it to scare your family. Keep talking to it over a long period of time and be sure to ask it to stay with you forever, even after you stop using the board. Ask it when you will die. Ask it about GOD. Ask it to bring other demons into your home because you like demons so much you want to have lots of them around. Ask it to grant you immortality. Ask it to make you wealthy.

You have to do this believing that you are talking with someone, and keep an open mind. You may not believe that the board will work, but at least have an open enough mind to talk to whatever happens to contact you in a serious way. I see people saying that the Ouija is nothing but a game, but those people saying it never say that they have ever used the board more than a few times, usually when they were little kids. It's easy to be a skeptic and not believe in something if you have never researched the subject yourself personally.

Put your money where your mouth is, and let me know your results, or are you afraid?

• Like 2

I would really be interested to see if a Quija board skeptic would go out and buy a board, and try to bring demons or evil spirits into their home. If you really don't believe in Quija boards I challenge you.

Go out and buy one. Use the board often and alone, and try to contact demons and other evil spirits. When you get one, ask it to perform tricks for you to prove it is real. Ask it to appear in your room, ask it to take control of your body, ask it to scare your family. Keep talking to it over a long period of time and be sure to ask it to stay with you forever, even after you stop using the board. Ask it when you will die. Ask it about GOD. Ask it to bring other demons into your home because you like demons so much you want to have lots of them around. Ask it to grant you immortality. Ask it to make you wealthy.

You have to do this believing that you are talking with someone, and keep an open mind. You may not believe that the board will work, but at least have an open enough mind to talk to whatever happens to contact you in a serious way. I see people saying that the Ouija is nothing but a game, but those people saying it never say that they have ever used the board more than a few times, usually when they were little kids. It's easy to be a skeptic and not believe in something if you have never researched the subject yourself personally.

Put your money where your mouth is, and let me know your results, or are you afraid?

I think its a crazy suggestion... Even if you don't believe would someone put their family/children at risk just for a dare!!

• Like 1

This comes across as flame baiting with the unknown to me :hmm: and it's 'Ouija'

Well this is a change asking the skeptics to put up or shut up :P

But I think your underestimating the amount who have used it with no affect . maybe you would have been better doing a poll .

In my opinion its all about belief . If someone believes they will get a response and truly believes it will be ghostly/ demonic they are likely to bring that into reality . by assiociating everything that happens therafter to be down to the board /ghosts/demons .

IN effect i think what you are proposing is dangerous . Not becaue your asking people to use the board itself . the board is made of card I could use it too chop my carrots on. or to prop up my pillow at night with no ill effect . But you are asking people to open themselves up (not to a demon ) but to a possibility, within their minds that maybe something is there when maybe its there subconcious at work which IMO can be psychologically damaging to susceptible individuals . simply because theres a chance that their mindset will change. and not because they are suddenly haunted by demons/spirits or ghosts.

Just my opinion

SS79.

Edited by SS79

Well this is a change asking the skeptics to put up or shut up :P

But I think your underestimating the amount who have used it with no affect . maybe you would have been better doing a poll .

In my opinion its all about belief . If someone believes they will get a response and truly believes it will be ghostly/ demonic they are likely to bring that into reality . by assiociating everything that happens therafter to be down to the board /ghosts/demons .

IN effect i think what you are proposing is dangerous . Not becaue your asking people to use the board itself . the board is made of card I could use it too chop my carrots on. or to prop up my pillow at night with no ill effect . But you are asking people to open themselves up (not to a demon ) but to a possibility, within their minds that maybe something is there when really its there subconcious at work which IMO can be psychologically damaging to susceptible individuals . simply because theres a chance that their mindset will change. and not because they are suddenly haunted by demons/spirits or ghosts.

Just my opinion

SS79.

I agree with you that its just a object, like a gun for instance, if it gets in the wrong hands it can be dangerous... on the other hand, it could be your subconscious... then again, no one really knows, its the unknown and I would never put my child or family in jeopardy just for a thrill on a Ouija board.

I agree with you that its just a object, like a gun for instance, if it gets in the wrong hands it can be dangerous... on the other hand, it could be your subconscious... then again, no one really knows, its the unknown and I would never put my child or family in jeopardy just for a thrill on a Ouija board.

True . I changed it from really their subconcious to maybe [/b] :P

LOL i understand what your saying though . I just think its highly likely 9 out of ten times it is the subconcious at work. the mind is a wonerful thing. IMO ;)

Edited by SS79

Hmm I am skeptical about the supernatural - but there is NO way I would do this. I hate the idea of a ghost or something worse lingering around me - even if it didn't work I would probably interpret any noise in my home as being evidence that it did. I think a lot of it is the power of the mind......mine would create a haunting no doubt. There is just that tad of possibility, shadow of a doubt for me that it could be true.

I think most hauntings are just people fixated on the idea that they have a haunting.

True . I changed it from really their subconcious to maybe [/b] :P

LOL i understand what your saying though . I just think its highly likely 9 out of ten times it is the subconcious at work. the mind is a wonerful thing. IMO ;)

Its the 1% that worries me... :innocent:

This is a different kind of topic . Although the skeptics and on believers are being called out , they will not except the challenge . Interesting !!!!

BUT , as for that being said , I would not hold this challenge to anyone , because I would never wish anything NEGATIVE on them . If it would allow only calm spirits , that would be different .

This is a different kind of topic . Although the skeptics and on believers are being called out , they will not except the challenge . Interesting !!!!

BUT , as for that being said , I would not hold this challenge to anyone , because I would never wish anything NEGATIVE on them . If it would allow only calm spirits , that would be different .

Well, from experience, a true skeptic doesn't believe in babble like this (can't really blame them, it's just a board!), and something like this is pretty much a joke to them so there would be no problems there. However, I doubt there are any true skeptics on here though. I always know a true skeptic when I see one ;)

The skeptic would only be skeptical until unseen forces beyond their control began to materize or manifest circumstances beyond their control. At some point they would no longer be skeptical, just aftraid, VERY AFRAID!

An unreliable tool for the discovery of truth of any kind

So, you're a believer in the Ouija board.. and If you DO believe in the possible negative consequences it may cause on someone, why would you taunt someone into that chance... I'm just saying... If you believe in them, then you would also believe in the chance it could happen to that person you're taunting... isn't that messed up?

• Like 1

The movement of the planchette is not due to spirits but to unconscious movements by those controlling the pointer, the ideomotor effect. The same kind of unconscious movement is at work in such things as dowsing and facilitated communication. Not to mention the people who moves the pointer on purpose.

Observing powerful messages and the powerful effect of messages on impressionable people can be impressive. American psychiatrist Dr. Carl Wickland claims that using the Ouija board "resulted in such wild insanity that commitment to asylums was necessitated." Is this what happens when amateurs try to dabble in the occult?

Maybe, if they are suggestible, not very skeptical, and a bit disturbed to begin with.

Edited by DEBUNKER

meh, I never understood ouija boards. They creeped me out a bit as a kid, but mainly becuase I went to Catholic school and they taught us ouija boards were evil - like the devil was gonna come and get yea.

I never really tried using one, maybe once or twice. These online ones seem a little ridiculous to me. But then again, I guess no more ridiculous then the real board "game" one.

I believe in spirits and stuff, just not the ouija board.

Maybe, if they are suggestible, not very skeptical, and a bit disturbed to begin with

:o That's me then! :lol:

There is such a folklore and mythology about the evils of ouija but perhaps you are right and it's a case of a few unwell individuals that start all the horror stories.

Been there done that with nothing to show for it. I used to fiddle with the Ouija Board all the time growing up and never believed in them, never had a reason to. A friend and I even used it with our girlfriends at his house (which was thought to be haunted) to freak them out which backfired and made my friend damn near p*** his pants. However he wasn't freaked, just the board said something he didn't like about his gf, which was his gf's way of saying "sorry I found someone else and you aren't the one". With that he threw the board out in the middle of no where. Those rumors of it reappearing never happened.

Hell, I will even do the whole Ouija Experience, video tape it and use digital audio, and post it on my website for verification. Keep a daily journal of any "supernatural" activity and laugh about it later.

Is there any questions you would like me to ask, tricks to perform, dances to dance?

Edited by __419__

Hell, I will even do the whole Ouija Experience, video tape it and use digital audio, and post it on my website for verification. Keep a daily journal of any \"supernatural\" activity and laugh about it later.

Is there any questions you would like me to ask, tricks to perform, dances to dance?

O, this will be interesting!

Yeah, the trick is finding someone who will take it seriously enough to perform a session with. I discourage the use of it within my group and the girl im dating would crap herself 32 times within the first five minutes simply because she is terrorfied of ghosts and horror movies alone.

Anyone want a ticket to Ohio :D

Just say out aloud each night in your bedroom that you long to be in the company of evil spirits (i can even do it for you :D), hell why not even try it at a cemetery and see if something follows you home. Why bother with these ouija boards :rolleyes:

Yeah, the trick is finding someone who will take it seriously enough to perform a session with. I discourage the use of it within my group and the girl im dating would crap herself 32 times within the first five minutes simply because she is terrorfied of ghosts and horror movies alone.

Anyone want a ticket to Ohio :D

I believe some people do them alone you could do live online session get everyone here to pm you a question and we will all sit here in safety of our homes while you tackle the demons LOL

great fun :lol:

Just say out aloud each night in your bedroom that you long to be in the company of evil spirits (i can even do it for you :D), hell why not even try it at a cemetery and see if something follows you home. Why bother with these ouija boards :rolleyes:

Done that too. What it does is puts thoughts into your head where anything heard or seen could be associated with that such presence. However it is just your mentality doing the exorcise. I normally wouldnt associate with an Ouija Board this day and age, however for the sake of the thread and many people all paranoid about the almighty Ouija Board I will.

I believe some people do them alone you could do live online session get everyone here to pm you a question and we will all sit here in safety of our homes while you tackle the demons LOL

great fun :lol:

Hmm interesting. Like a live webcast. Could do that as well. I am like an Appliance center here with all my gadgets so I can pretty much muster up anything. :D