Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quija board challenge to skeptics

cpjason

In all honesty, I would never put anyone in the way of what could happen; only myself for the sake of sanity. When members would drench the forums with their demon talk, their experiences and so on; I repeatedly asked for some sort of proof. I invited them into my life, told them they could possess me etc. Why? Because I am confident it is a bunch of hoopblah. I would never ask it to do something to someone else. If that was the case, who needs a gun, who needs to do the dirty work, just moreless ask a demon to do it right? What better than to have whoever you target suffer.

I think people get their misconceptions from stories passed down, the bible, religious figures etc. Take someone like myself who is not religious, we will take on Satan himself. Why....because he is a character. Nothing else.

So some of you are probably thinking, well if you don't believe then why not include your family or whoever. I like to be in charge thats why...if for some fluke unforseen way a demon does manifest, I'd like to deal with it rather than someone innocent.

Actually, I've made a ouija board and am asking it to give you a sickness every morning and night. Have fun! tonight I'm going to ask it to make you feel itches on your skin...hahahah! Feel itchy yet?

LMAO...wait, i feel itchy

Or, what is LIKELY, is that at some point in the future, a family member will get sick. Why? Because people get sick all the time. And it is inevitable that a family member of mine will get sick. If I have a weak and superstitious mind, I might believe it's because of the Ouija board. If I am strong minded and intelligent and thoughtfull, I will logically and correctly conclude that they are two seperate occurances.

Well if they all got sick within a week maybe they're would be something to think about. Try and be inventive maybe! Just try and think of clever ways to get a demon to do things which you would deem to be supernatural. like trying to get all you family members sick. OBVIOUSLY!!!!!! if you do the experiment and your mother gets sick next year then that doesn't count. I would imagine that If you got a demon to haunt someone then you would notice things over the week. maybe the person can't get any sleep or the person is disturbed or is coincidently getting sleep paralysis and seeing shadows for the duration of the experiment (I would think this ouija board business would go on for about two weeks. You know just to make sure)

Send me a ouija board and I'll do it.

Send me the money

Common sense and intellict tell us that a piece of cardboard can not speak to dead people or make believe entities.

Prove it by doing the little experiment. Now thats common sense and intellect.

Of course not. But people do get sick all the time. I thought this type of ignorance and superstitition ended at the Rennaisance?

Be creative then and stop being stubborn. Tweak the experiment like instead of getting one person sick try and make them all sick

Yes we do. It's the ideomotor effect. PERIOD.

Prove it by doing the little experiment.

Actually, I've made a ouija board and am asking it to give you a sickness every morning and night. Have fun! tonight I'm going to ask it to make you feel itches on your skin...hahahah! Feel itchy yet?

It's odd that you clearly state above and clearly believe that and ouija board is nothing more then a board. Yet you go totally against this view to try and strick a nerve and this is unprofessional. I have dismissed all what you have said above due to your childishness. Untill you take this seriously I can not take you seriously. Just incase you reply saying something like "well if you don't take me seriously why did you reply to the other stuff" Thats is because I replied to them before I got to this one.

Edited by Mbyte

So some of you are probably thinking, well if you don't believe then why not include your family or whoever. I like to be in charge thats why...if for some fluke unforseen way a demon does manifest, I'd like to deal with it rather than someone innocent.

But you are sure demons don't exist so your last sentance contradicts your supposed "logic".

Edited by Mbyte

I'm considering taking the challenge, and do so as stated in the OP, although I'm sure my results will satisfy no one.

Perhaps I will haul out the magnetic Ouija board for this one.

:blink::o Oh my god! good man iron ghost :tu: gud man gud man. awaits anxiously underneath the covers for the results :unsure:

Anyone else care to step out and give it a shot??? STEP RIGHT UP!! STEP RIGHT UP!!

Edited by Mbyte

:blink::o Oh my god! good man iron ghost :tu: gud man gud man. awaits anxiously underneath the covers for the results :unsure:

Anyone else care to step out and give it a shot??? STEP RIGHT UP!! STEP RIGHT UP!!

Okay, thanks for the encouragement -- I'll get my team together ASAP.

Okay, thanks for the encouragement -- I'll get my team together ASAP.

HURRAH!! that's what we like to see - someone taking a hit for the team :clap:

(ziggystardust did the same thing a while ago and I felt guilty encouraging him too) :lol:

I have seen a lot of things in my life time & there’s an old saying,

Be careful what you go looking for because you might find it I know some of you are skeptics & that’s fine & there is nothing wrong with that. But there is a reason behind what I said. You can spend your whole life looking for ghosts, Vampires, Etc & never find anything & then there’s that ONE time you happen to be in the right place & the right time. I’m not trying to convince anyone of what’s real & what’s not but do use caution when going about it, you might thank me one day.

Don't forget the precautions guys:

1.Bible

2.Crucifix

3.Super-soaker filled with holy water!

:innocent:

LMAO...wait, i feel itchy

Well don't get any wrong ideas there, I already told you I was kidding from the start :lol:

Well if they all got sick within a week maybe they're would be something to think about. Try and be inventive maybe! Just try and think of clever ways to get a demon to do things which you would deem to be supernatural. like trying to get all you family members sick. OBVIOUSLY!!!!!! if you do the experiment and your mother gets sick next year then that doesn't count. I would imagine that If you got a demon to haunt someone then you would notice things over the week. maybe the person can't get any sleep or the person is disturbed or is coincidently getting sleep paralysis and seeing shadows for the duration of the experiment (I would think this ouija board business would go on for about two weeks. You know just to make sure)

Why not be a little more specific and ask for a certain rare illness that is not too serious and soon goes away

Edited by RX-7

But you are sure demons don't exist so your last sentance contradicts your supposed "logic".

Because any person worth knowing knows that anything is possible within the paranormal. I think you are quite confused with the contradictions and the meaning of logic. There are no contradictions in my posts, please reread or sit down and swallow your pride.

It is my opinion that they do not exist, why? Because I have no experience with them. So how could I believe in something I haven't experienced? Because people say its real? Screw that...I am my own person, I do and act as I wish, not based on anothers ideas or wishes. Just because I do not believe in something doesn't mean I want the potentiality of something happening to people I care about. Read these words carefully "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE", Oh I get it, I get it...you are trying to throw my quotes back in my face. Should I start putting my posts down to the Mickey Mouse Level so even the little kiddies can comprehend? Can people not read between the lines anymore or has the thinking potential met its quota?

Because any person worth knowing knows that anything is possible within the paranormal. I think you are quite confused with the contradictions and the meaning of logic. There are no contradictions in my posts, please reread or sit down and swallow your pride.

It is my opinion that they do not exist, why? Because I have no experience with them. So how could I believe in something I haven't experienced? Because people say its real? Screw that...I am my own person, I do and act as I wish, not based on anothers ideas or wishes. Just because I do not believe in something doesn't mean I want the potentiality of something happening to people I care about. Read these words carefully "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE", Oh I get it, I get it...you are trying to throw my quotes back in my face. Should I start putting my posts down to the Mickey Mouse Level so even the little kiddies can comprehend? Can people not read between the lines anymore or has the thinking potential met its quota?

there is no risk to other people if you are trying to get demons to haunt them and make them sick. It's that simple.

Edited by Mbyte

To involve a specific human being in research without his or her informed and voluntary consent is unethical. Whether or not there is actual harm, or even the potential for actual harm, is irrelevant. The principle to be respected is that each of us fully deserves to be treated as an end in ourselves, and not as the means to the achievement of someone else's ends.

Obtaining consent for a stunt such as this may be stressful, and has little chance of improving anyone's relationships. "Honey, I was thinking of asking Beelzebub to destroy you and the kids" would have made a great Valentine, wut?

Although there is also controversy concerning self-experimentation, for me that is trumped by general considerations of personal autonomy. But others would dispute that.

While science does progress by challenges and responses to them, "dares" are simply childish. The point of any scientific investigation is to get at the truth, not to test the strength of the investigators' preconceived notions, which are of no value one way or the other in the search.

Edited by eight bits

To involve a specific human being in research without his or her informed and voluntary consent is unethical. Whether or not there is actual harm, or even the potential for actual harm, is irrelevant. The principle to be respected is that each of us fully deserves to be treated as an end in ourselves, and not as the means to the achievement of someone else's ends.

Obtaining consent for a stunt such as this may be stressful, and has little chance of improving anyone's relationships. "Honey, I was thinking of asking Beelzebub to destroy you and the kids" would have made a great Valentine, wut?

Although there is also controversy concerning self-experimentation, for me that is trumped by general considerations of personal autonomy. But others would dispute that.

While science does progress by challenges and responses to them, "dares" are simply childish. The point of any scientific investigation is to get at the truth, not to test the strength of the investigators' preconceived notions, which are of no value one way or the other in the search.

Dares are just another word for experiments or finding proof in this sense. Well A sceptic says that an ouija board is a board game and that all. So would you do an experiment to see if a game of monopoly would cause distress to your neigbours. Most people would do an experiment with a monopoly board, so in this light an ouija board is a game much like monopoly and just like monopoly it should have no affect on another person. If demons are so rediculous then do the experiment, i don't see why not. If you don't then demons are plausable. Unless you get a bit of conviction to do the experiment and device a method to verify demon existance by yourself alone or with an informed test subject.

It's odd that you clearly state above and clearly believe that and ouija board is nothing more then a board. Yet you go totally against this view to try and strick a nerve and this is unprofessional. I have dismissed all what you have said above due to your childishness. Untill you take this seriously I can not take you seriously. Just incase you reply saying something like "well if you don't take me seriously why did you reply to the other stuff" Thats is because I replied to them before I got to this one.

Are you itchy yet? I spent an hour last night with my homemead ouija board. I chanted "make mbyte itch, make mbyte itch" over an over again for 42 minutes. Then I wrote the following on a piece of crinckly parchment paper:

Mbyte, mbyte

itch like hell

itch like hell

then run and tell

Then I lit the paper on fire and placed it in a pentagram drawing on the ground and began dancing back and forth, to and fro, and chanting for a demon to come and make you itch.

Then this morning my car had trouble starting! Oh no! I think I might have called down an auto mechanic demon who is messing with my car. Also, I asked the demon to give you gas today.

itch and bloat

itch and bloat

mbyte woud sink

if their mind was a boat!

full of holes

for water to pass

make them itch

and give them gas!

PS- I'm not going to take anyone seriously who thinks you can call down demons to plague other people. Do you also bleed yourself when you're getting a cold because you humors are out of ballance?

Hi Everybody:

I have conducted the experiment as suggested by the OP in a very lengthy and somewhat elaborate Ouija session, which generated a large volumn of information and a very long transcript. I will post the first installment shortly -- I may have to break up the post into more than one entry because we produced so much information in this session.

So bare with me, and I'll be posting the results here soon.

IronGhost

there is no risk to other people if you are trying to get demons to haunt them and make them sick. It's that simple.

Haha what? No risk to others if one is trying to summon a demon on them? Really now? I mean honestly. Are you sure? Care to ponder some more? Simple? How simple? So simple you may want to edit your post so it makes a little sense? Come on now, really?

Ok, lets travel down THIS ROAD. How about an RA (Risk Assestment) which is what the military uses before each mission.

What are the possible risks involved:

1.) Pvt Joeschmo: "The possibility of even summoning a demon"

2.) PFC Bipperdowop: "Causing harm to oneself intentially"

3.) PV2 Wickabombom: "Causing harm to the innocent by putting them as targets"

4.) SPC Flopensop: "Or causing harm to those not directly involved"

Wait lets hear from the new recruit.....General Beelzebub

5.) Gen. Beelzebub: "Um...right, well, the possibility of being exorcised would suck very much so.

No risk when you put others in danger? Tell that to the thousands of Iraqi Civilians who lost their lives or lost family members due to skirmishes on the streets, suicide bombings etc. Waking up in a combat zone is a risk.

Putting people as targets with what COULD BE a very brutal experience is not a risk? Either you have a clouded judgement or literally have NO IDEA what risk is.

Hi Everybody:

I have conducted the experiment as suggested by the OP in a very lengthy and somewhat elaborate Ouija session, which generated a large volumn of information and a very long transcript. I will post the first installment shortly -- I may have to break up the post into more than one entry because we produced so much information in this session.

IronGhost

I look forward to reading your findings.

I've always enjoyed your articles.

:)

Everything you said....

Putting people as targets with what COULD BE a very brutal experience is not a risk? Either you have a clouded judgement or literally have NO IDEA what risk is.

I agree with 419.

~

Haha what? No risk to others if one is trying to summon a demon on them? Really now? I mean honestly. Are you sure? Care to ponder some more? Simple? How simple? So simple you may want to edit your post so it makes a little sense? Come on now, really?

Ok, lets travel down THIS ROAD. How about an RA (Risk Assestment) which is what the military uses before each mission.

What are the possible risks involved:

1.) Pvt Joeschmo: "The possibility of even summoning a demon"

2.) PFC Bipperdowop: "Causing harm to oneself intentially"

3.) PV2 Wickabombom: "Causing harm to the innocent by putting them as targets"

4.) SPC Flopensop: "Or causing harm to those not directly involved"

Wait lets hear from the new recruit.....General Beelzebub

5.) Gen. Beelzebub: "Um...right, well, the possibility of being exorcised would suck very much so.

No risk when you put others in danger? Tell that to the thousands of Iraqi Civilians who lost their lives or lost family members due to skirmishes on the streets, suicide bombings etc. Waking up in a combat zone is a risk.

Are you saying demons are plausable? That quote was meant in terms that one would think a demon doesn't exist. So your saying they could exist and you don't know for sure. I was in a rush typing that aswell so I didn't have time to correct it. I had to go to work.

Are you sure the don't exist? If your not sure then you can't really say they don't exist. have you been to iraq? how are you sure they are afraid over there? because people tell you they are? You havn't experienced it so you can't really say much and that came for your own mouth. A contradiction I think. If demons are plausable then it's logical not to do the experiment if you think they are not real and 100% bull then you should do it to prove it.

Benjamin Franklin flew a kit in thunder and lighting with a key attacked to the string. He risked his life because he knew shi* about lighting and it wouldn't hit him. He risked himself. You would argue that you should risk your self for this experiemnt but due to stubburness and lack of conviction for the experiement you can not concieve Away of doing the experiment by yourself and avoid the whole it's my suybconscious. Now I'm not american so I don't know if this story is a fairy tale or not so be easy on me if it is (Benjamin Franklin) I know it has some truth

Hi Everybody:

IronGhost

Very nice!! :unsure2:

Edited by Mbyte

I would really be interested to see if a Quija board skeptic would go out and buy a board, and try to bring demons or evil spirits into their home. If you really don't believe in Quija boards I challenge you.

Go out and buy one. Use the board often and alone, and try to contact demons and other evil spirits. When you get one, ask it to perform tricks for you to prove it is real. Ask it to appear in your room, ask it to take control of your body, ask it to scare your family. Keep talking to it over a long period of time and be sure to ask it to stay with you forever, even after you stop using the board. Ask it when you will die. Ask it about GOD. Ask it to bring other demons into your home because you like demons so much you want to have lots of them around. Ask it to grant you immortality. Ask it to make you wealthy.

You have to do this believing that you are talking with someone, and keep an open mind. You may not believe that the board will work, but at least have an open enough mind to talk to whatever happens to contact you in a serious way. I see people saying that the Ouija is nothing but a game, but those people saying it never say that they have ever used the board more than a few times, usually when they were little kids. It's easy to be a skeptic and not believe in something if you have never researched the subject yourself personally.

Put your money where your mouth is, and let me know your results, or are you afraid?

I tried using these boards on a reagular basis as a teenager with no results. Is that good enough for you?That was back when I was gulliable and actually believed in those things.

Are you sure the don't exist? If your not sure then you can't really say they don't exist. have you been to iraq? how are you sure they are afraid over there? because people tell you they are? You havn't experienced it so you can't really say much and that came for your own mouth. A contradiction I think. If demons are plausable then it's logical not to do the experiment if you think they are not real and 100% bull then you should do it to prove it.

(419 correct me if I am wrong...)

I think what 419 is saying is, "Opinions can sometimes be changed through personal experience."

I'll let 419 address your Iraq questions in reference to his experience...

But speaking from my own perspective as a civilian, I believe most civilians always feel fear when there are battles raging around them.

New ones? I hope.

I got a huge kick out the session where Eugene got abused by the buy-low-sell-high demon.

Are you saying demons are plausable? That quote was meant in terms that one would think a demon doesn't exist. So your saying they could exist and you don't know for sure. I was in a rush typing that aswell so I didn't have time to correct it. I had to go to work.

I have served in Iraq, Mosul, Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq, Balad, Iraq. I spent 90% of my enlistment in Iraq. Not just at the base where you are somewhat safe, I was out in the streets engaged in firefights, infact in July of 2003 I was providing supportive fire on the Uday Qusay affair in Mosul, Iraq. Hell, maybe one of my bullets was the one to kill them. Who knows. I was in the thick of things from the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom. So THAT CAME FROM EXPERIENCE. So nice try on the CONTRADICTION.

So "If demons are plausable then its "logical" not to do the experiment if you think they are not real and 100% bull then you should do it to prove it"

In all honesty you really need to try and make your sentences more understandable so people know what you mean. I had to reread that 14 times just to follow what the run on sentence was about.

There is nothing "Logical" see you are throwing that in there again; sometimes I wonder if you know what logic is. There is nothing logical about this experiment. The logical thing would not to have even bothered reading such a ridiculous thread in the first place or even responding to your posts.

Just because I don't think something doesn't exist, doesn't mean THEY DON'T EXIST. M i c k e y- M o u s e...mickey mouse....lets take this one step lower so perhaps its finally understood.

It is possible that such things exist. I have no experience with demonic activity. I have experience using an Ouija Board, but nothing to ever show for it. A piece of cardboard with absolutely no results. How can I believe in something if I haven't experienced it? Please enlighten me so I can fully understand how you THINK I should believe. I mean really.....its confusing the point you are trying to put across.

So let me state this for all to read. "I, ENJAY, WILL NOT BELIEVE IN SOMETHING IF I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED IT. I DO HOWEVER, BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. AFTER ALL, SCIENCE ARE FINDING NEW LIFE FORMS, NEW SPECIES, ETC EVERY YEAR.

I have never seen any proof of demonic activity EVER, and this is doing research on exorcisms and the such for a long time now. Anything a person has gone through can be explained with medical science. Even when it is explained with medical science still people find a way to associate it with demons.

So mbyte, next time you try to address logic, use google, yahoo search or perhaps a dictionary, thesaurus or something to further enhance your arguement.