Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moose falls out of the sky

Owlscrying

Anchorage, Alaska - (AP) - Trooper Howard Peterson was driving on the Seward Highway south of Anchorage when something big and black fell out of the sky about 20 feet in front of his patrol car. "Falling rock!" he thought, ready to steer clear if it bounced onto the highway.

The thing didn't roll or shatter. It turned out to be a moose that fell from cliffs next to the highway. Drivers often see Dall sheep on the cliffs but rarely moose. Peterson estimates the animal fell 150 feet or more.

Wildlife biologist Rick Sinnott has heard of moose dying in strange ways - breaking through ice and drowning, jumping off railroad bridges at the sound of a train, falling off small banks.

Once he saw the remains of two bulls that died during a rutting battle when their antlers got hooked together by a single piece of barbed wire.

go

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smeagol1

• chemical-licker

• jesspy

• lexter_ian

that's human intervention through environment.. sad isn't it.

free food :w00t: tuck in lads, glad muslims weren't around, ALLAH SENT US FOOD FROM HEAVEN :lol: HE REALLY DOES PROVIDE :rofl:

free food :w00t: tuck in lads, glad muslims weren't around, ALLAH SENT US FOOD FROM HEAVEN :lol: HE REALLY DOES PROVIDE :rofl:

You crack me up. :w00t:

linked-image

I would've given the moose a perfect 10, but it diddn't stick the landing.

Was he ever lucky it didn,t land on the car, those moose are huge and would do a lot of damage to car and possibly even the trooper!

linked-image

bye bye bullwinkle

LMAO

I was thinking Bullwinkle too.........awwwwwwww poor Rocky

Moose are one of the biggest dangers to motorists on the Seward highway.

My ex-husband was driving a crew van on the Seward highway when one jumped out in front of him. Luckily, he was a good enough driver to avoid the poor creature, but it's a well known fact that moose+cars=a whole lot of moose and human death in Alaska.

Problem most being that moose have VERY long legs, when you hit them with a car, their legs cave and the entire body comes through the windshield. Scary and dead for someone, if not both.