Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

High school calls all 2,550 students to deten

LostLittleGirl

PALM BAY — An accidental push of a button Friday had students at Palm Bay High questioning what they'd done wrong and parents plotting punishments.

Parents of all 2,550 students in the school received an automated call Friday reminding them that their student had to report for Saturday morning detention. Problem was, the message only should have gone to 16 homes.

"One of my friends texted me to ask if I had Saturday detention," said Robert Lenoci, 15, of Valkaria. The sophomore is going to the state science fair finals and hasn't been in trouble before.

"I looked and I had a message from mom. She was asking, 'What did you do?' It was pretty bad," he said.

Robert's mother calmed down after talking with other parents and learning something was amiss.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-...m?se=yahoorefer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Onyx~

• Bear's Quest

• InHuman

• BiffSplitkins

Huh, thats awesome, bet most kids wont go to school monday because they are still recovering from the emotional damage...

Huh, thats awesome, bet most kids wont go to school monday because they are still recovering from the emotional damage...

they should also sue the school

These electronic calls are good, when notifying parents that kids are leaving early, or an update on their health issues.....But we get calls here, after 5, "that your child has been out of school today"....They get home at 2 P.M, but with after school activities, sometimes not until 6....That gets me worried.......That's when I'm glad they have cell phones....... :)

Edited by goalienan

I bet all 2550 students are probably guilty of something. Walking too fast, chewing gum in class, not paying attention, forgetting to dot an i or cross a t.

No one is innocent. This will just teach them all to be good students. Kind of like a friendly reminder. :D j/k

I thought study hall WAS detention. Maybe the message would've been sent correctly if the teacher responsible wouldn't have been runnig late for their second job.

Sounds like a spoof sequel to The Breakfast Club :D

linked-image

Sounds like a spoof sequel to The Breakfast Club :D

linked-image

:lol: ....The Breakfast Assembly?

I can just imagine!

"Mom, I swear all students got calls that they have dentention". :D

I can imagine the parents that have to apoligize to thier kids for a punishment they shouldn't have recieved.

I can imagine the parents that have to apoligize to thier kids for a punishment they shouldn't have recieved.

I,ve had to do that, and boy did i ever feel like crap! <_<

What about the kids whose parents don't believe them and they get a good whippin' for nothin'? :(

What about the kids whose parents don't believe them and they get a good whippin' for nothin'? :(

In my humble opinion, ALL of the whuppins I got were for nuthin, but that's just me.

In my humble opinion, ALL of the whuppins I got were for nuthin, but that's just me.

are you serious? i thought i was the only one who thought that...

mind you that most of the times was for stupid reasons like

telling my cousins my mother was home.

xoxo,

Paola<3

are you serious? i thought i was the only one who thought that...

mind you that most of the times was for stupid reasons like

telling my cousins my mother was home.

xoxo,

Paola<3

I was 6-7 and ripped the coloured sticker with the insurance date and whatnot of the back of my parents car. They had to go down to the CIBC or whatever and get it renewed.

I blame television for not telling me those stickers were important, and the sticker company for making them so easy to take off.

swtp -I,ve had to do that, and boy did i ever feel like crap! Oh No! :passifier:

Thats what I was afraid of...

Some parents would just say, "Well you had it com'in anyways"

How do you take back a whippin'? Do you just save it for the next time? I guess.

Maybe buying a x-box or something?

Edited by Bear's Quest

I was 6-7 and ripped the coloured sticker with the insurance date and whatnot of the back of my parents car. They had to go down to the CIBC or whatever and get it renewed.

I blame television for not telling me those stickers were important, and the sticker company for making them so easy to take off.

lol..are they that easy to take off?

xoxo,

Paola

My parent would be like "okay whatever you can go now bye"... my parents are used to those kind of calls =D