Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslims outraged over Mohammed on Wiki

AngelXVI

Where will it end???

When we live their way of life I guess!

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/bla..._of_prophet.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

Edited by AngelXVI

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• capoeiranger

• __Kratos__

• questionmark

• AngelXVI

The funnier part is that the pics of Mohamed are very ancient pieces of art made by....muslims.

Sorry, but if wikipedia wants to put this reproductions of very antique pieces of art, they are free to do it, even if you dont like it.

What is next? KKK members protesting about the representation of Jesus has a midle eastern and not like an Aryan? XD

have they got their knickers in a twist over stupid cartoons, golly gosh,

i like the virgin one.

http://www.prophetcartoons.com/

Edited by stevewinn

I can see the reason in wanting them to be removed, but it's pointless really. Wikipedia is not bound by the teachings of Islam.

The funnier part is that the pics of Mohamed are very ancient pieces of art made by....muslims.

Sorry, but if wikipedia wants to put this reproductions of very antique pieces of art, they are free to do it, even if you dont like it.

What is next? KKK members protesting about the representation of Jesus has a midle eastern and not like an Aryan? XD

LOL, oh, boy, that made me crack up, because people used to believe that! He comes from the Middle East, but he's supposed to be white? And like they wouldn't have gotten rid of the mutant when he was born?

You can't please everyone, but what gets me are the people who are so vocal about their beliefs and rights and expect everyone else to conform to what they want. There are billions of people on this world, and without a little give and take, we are never going to get along. How many times have muslims insulted other people's beliefs, but we are just to suck it up? I think they need to calm down a little and look around this world and understand that we are not all going to convert and they will have to accept that.

have they got their knickers in a twist over stupid cartoons, golly gosh,

i like the virgin one.

http://www.prophetcartoons.com/

I take it for what it is humour... And yes, I agree they are pretty amusing!

Our Fathers, Grandfathers and the ones before all fought for our freedom and our country... Lets hope it stays that way or there will be a few turning in their graves if they are not already the way things are at the moment.

The early muslims had depictions of Mohammed:

Figurative depictions of Muhammad were a significant part of late medieval Islamic art; however, such depictions were generally limited to secular contexts and to the elite classes who could afford fine art.[18] The taboo on depictions of Muhammad was less stringent during the Ottoman Empire, although his face was often left blank

So why are they now saying it is against their beliefs!!!!

they are just trying to find another excuse to be violent. I say, send them all back to Islamic countries and find out where the true violence is engendered

Hardcore Conservative Muslims (sharia law) ruined Islam a long time ago. Islam helpe its people (at that point mostly the arabs) push great strides in science, music, litreature, and all of that. They built some of the first universities of their time, even saladin had a great convoy of camels that carried books and knowledge (not just the koran either) with him....

Why the hell are they moving backwards?

Wiki also gives information in regards to infidels, womans rights, human rights, freedom and 2008 civil behavior... :o DEATH TO WIKI!!!!!11!1!!!

Edited by __Kratos__

Hardcore Conservative Muslims (sharia law) ruined Islam a long time ago. Islam helpe its people (at that point mostly the arabs) push great strides in science, music, litreature, and all of that. They built some of the first universities of their time, even saladin had a great convoy of camels that carried books and knowledge (not just the koran either) with him....

All those Haddiths.

So very true, InHuman. It just doesn't make sense.

I have to ascertain that these radicals seem to have a very low self esteem and even less faith in their own believes, else they would just go on believing and would leave us do what we want to do.

I can understand the reason why Moslems protesting this. However, it is widely known, that there are pictures of (allegedly) the Prophet Muhammad SAW. I myself own one book with another picture unlike the Wikipedia have, but as it was stated, it's more of a secular use, i.e. to be used by non Moslems or for historians, which is ok for me. However, a customary since the 16th century Ottoman laws prohibit the drawing of the Prophet in physical appearances. If a Moslem beleived that the Prophet shouldn't be depicted physically, I guess it's ok. It's their freedom too right? And protesting something is to show that every, EVERY single person in the world has their freedom to speak up. To me, it's okay to criticize something you don't like, as long as it is within limit. I mean, there are many of you are also protesting when the war on Iraq was about to started, or even when you get fired from your job without reason. If you wanna make these protesting Moslems a laughing stock or even throw bad words about them. Go on. Make more threads about it. I'm just gonna laugh your so called democracy and freedom!

Forgive me if I'm being harsh. I'm a Moslem and I'm tired of how some of you generalized us all!

linked-image

Maybe they should try to sue Wiki!

I can understand the reason why Moslems protesting this. However, it is widely known, that there are pictures of (allegedly) the Prophet Muhammad SAW. I myself own one book with another picture unlike the Wikipedia have, but as it was stated, it's more of a secular use, i.e. to be used by non Moslems or for historians, which is ok for me. However, a customary since the 16th century Ottoman laws prohibit the drawing of the Prophet in physical appearances. If a Moslem beleived that the Prophet shouldn't be depicted physically, I guess it's ok. It's their freedom too right? And protesting something is to show that every, EVERY single person in the world has their freedom to speak up. To me, it's okay to criticize something you don't like, as long as it is within limit. I mean, there are many of you are also protesting when the war on Iraq was about to started, or even when you get fired from your job without reason. If you wanna make these protesting Moslems a laughing stock or even throw bad words about them. Go on. Make more threads about it. I'm just gonna laugh your so called democracy and freedom!

Forgive me if I'm being harsh. I'm a Moslem and I'm tired of how some of you generalized us all!

No not everyone is free to speak up... That is a liberty of the Western World. Christians in the Middle East are persecuted every day, let alone being classed as third class citizens. The first being Muslim Men, the second being Muslim Women and the third being a Christian. Churches are even forbidden in some Middle Eastern Countries. Oh, and how about being classed as a Dhimmi? I suppose thats equality too!

Well,

perhaps the point has been reached where your double standards offend the western nations viewpoint!!! :angry:

All I can say is that if your religion is so "shaky" that a depiction of Mohammed incites you to violence then it's is a religion founded on the fear of being found out to be as false as all religions.

Depictions of Mohammed used to be quite the in-thing, but today it is regarded as heretical??Please... such cultism needs to be put back in the bottle, I'm bored with these stupid religious dogmas :sleepy:

Edited by keithisco

We are not, but we are loosing patience with those who hide the radicals behind them and then demand our tolerance just because they believe in the same prophet.

Not my fault, not my problem.

Mabey if the REAL muslims took the time to steady their relegion and keep it out of the hand of radicals... well thats not going to happen anytime soon.

You can say what you want, but in the end its only words and nothing has changed.

Well,

perhaps the point has been reached where your double standards offend the western nations viewpoint!!! :angry:

All I can say is that if your religion is so "shaky" that a depiction of Mohammed incites you to violence then it's is a religion founded on the fear of being found out to be as false as all religions.

Depictions of Mohammed used to be quite the in-thing, but today it is regarded as heretical??Please... such cultism needs to be put back in the bottle, I'm bored with these stupid religious dogmas :sleepy:

Hey hold up, read my post right: I'm okay with Wiki showing the picture, okay? I was commenting more on the point about the historical background on why it's being prohibited nowadays. I thought I said it clear that I'm a Moslem but yet I'm okay with that! And I was simply pointing out about the freedom of speech, the freedom of expression. And I even put "as long as it is within limit". Which part of my statement that offended you and even allowed you to call my religion is so "shaky". Take a look at this example, if your mayor decided to demolish a community center and turn it into a mall and you're protesting it, can I call your opinion "shaky"? Come on, be reasonable, try to walk on a shoe of a Moslem today and you'll know what I was talking about.

Its completly different, the demolishin' would actually effect you directly. These pictures have no effect on anyone anywhere. IF AN muslim has a problem with them then they obviously don't have enough faith in their choice of relgion.

Not my fault, not my problem.

Mabey if the REAL muslims took the time to steady their relegion and keep it out of the hand of radicals... well thats not going to happen anytime soon.

You can say what you want, but in the end its only words and nothing has changed

True, and I agree with you, we Moslems needs to stand up together instead of simply pointing out "You Shiah and I'm Sunni and you must die!" This really saddens me up. I pray it won't ever happen to your belief, regarding you have on or not.

We are not, but we are loosing patience with those who hide the radicals behind them and then demand our tolerance just because they believe in the same prophet.

Sorry, I hate those radicals too, I was once beaten up by them after watching a music concert. I never know the reason. But I don't need no reason to hate those who broke peace!

I have stated before and I will say it again, I never see anyone by their religion, race or nation. Everyone is my friend, even if you hate me. That's the Islam that I believe.

I have stated before and I will say it again, I never see anyone by their religion, race or nation. Everyone is my friend, even if you hate me. That's the Islam that I believe.

Which shows that you are a true believer. Peace?

Want to know what can destroy a region and keep it reduced to rubble, even if it's rich in resources (oil).

Islam.

It's cheaper than Uranium too.. guarantees of destruction include:

-social oppression

-sexism

-random suicide bombings, trying to cash in on those virgins in heaven

-rampant homosexuality, but it's widely denied and hidden behind the Koran

-political unrest

-anger

-free public decapitations of infidels, westerners, or anyone that doesn't claim Islam

-any nice, building or bus will be bombed.. as it is an atrocious western thing, again, cashing in on virgins

What I don't understand is why Muslims don't realize that once you pull the pin.. you THROW the grenade? Eh, I guess their numbers are slowly dwindling.

Its completly different, the demolishin' would actually effect you directly. These pictures have no effect on anyone anywhere. IF AN muslim has a problem with them then they obviously don't have enough faith in their choice of relgion.

If it has no effect, then why are they protesting it? Nevertheless, they got their own reason, and it might does affect THEM directly, in a way they can only talk to you themselves. And oh, just something that is always in my mind: I think what you say is right, if we have a strong believe, we shouldn't really care about it, right? Even prophet Mohammad SAW himself stated that rather than remembering and idolizing his looks, it's much better to remember and practice his teaching.

Well, I justh ope that it wasn't the act of any company that is in rivalry with Wikipedia. That's plain cruel (mostly because I use Wikipedia A LOT :D )