Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslims outraged over Mohammed on Wiki

AngelXVI

Oh? I have nothing to be ashamed of by pointing out facts. Perhaps if the koran didn't have those immoral things in it, I would look at the religion in a better light and see it as less of a threat.

so the bible has nothing immoral in it ? no lunatics that follow it ?

I just wonder how fast pics would be taken down if it were christians that were offended. like that whole happy holiday snafu they complained about loudly. about a holiday they took from Pagans.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• capoeiranger

• __Kratos__

• questionmark

• AngelXVI

so the bible has nothing immoral in it ? no lunatics that follow it ?

Page 3, Post #40 -

Yeah, but one thing the christians don't have in their bible is a standing order against infidels in the ways of violence.

The bible and the torah are quite as well awful as you say and I can agree with that. Doesn't change the fact that the koran is pretty awful as well though.

They're pressing their islamic teachings onto the free world... Wiki is about freedom of information... Not pandering to some religious people just so they'll feel warm and fuzzy in the morning.

They're pressing their islamic teachings onto the free world

I don't see them handing out the Koran the way christians are handing out bibles in Iraq. ( those good old christians giving aid , but first to get it you have to be preached and proselytized at .)

Hate is hate plain and simple. Athiest are not free of hate or radicalism just like all the rest of us humans. Telling someone they should do this or believe in that is preaching no matter if you have a holy book or not in your hand.

Capoeiranger came here in peace and you gave him prejudice and insults in return. He is a human and an individual and he should be judged as such and not by what he believes in. Just as all white people arent responsible for slavery in the early american days, all muslims arent responsible for 911.

And they have a right to express there opinion, just as you have a right to express your opinion about that opinion; but the way some of you have been doing that is to put it bluntly childish.

About the topic.

Im of the opinion that perserving knowledge and sharing that knowledge is important to our species even though I might not like some of it.

Hate is hate plain and simple. Athiest are not free of hate or radicalism just like all the rest of us humans. Telling someone they should do this or believe in that is preaching no matter if you have a holy book or not in your hand.

Capoeiranger came here in peace and you gave him prejudice and insults in return. He is a human and an individual and he should be judged as such and not by what he believes in. Just as all white people arent responsible for slavery in the early american days, all muslims arent responsible for 911.

And they have a right to express there opinion, just as you have a right to express your opinion about that opinion; but the way some of you have been doing that is to put it bluntly childish.

About the topic.

Im of the opinion that perserving knowledge and sharing that knowledge is important to our species even though I might not like some of it.

Quote please... I can't find anything prejudice or insulting!

Just as all white people arent responsible for slavery in the early american

Yes, it would be stupid to blame just white people who came into the slave trade quite late, when you consider Black Africans (predominately Zulu) had been selling slaves to muslims for a thousand years or more before whites got involved.

Wow, look at this thread, I just left it for about 6 hours to sleep but look at all the insult and hate-expressing posts towards Moslem (which some of you claimed it as a fact...)

I will not give you the same in return, though. I guess looking at all these insults and hate, it's pretty much obvious why some Moslems hide on the old-skool warmness of the people that share the same religion, same culture, and sometimes it might trigger radicalism. If they're being violent about this, I can understand why. At it is pretty obvious that they will defend their belief in any way, just like the Americans will defend their freedom whenever USSR are ready to strike, back in the cold war.

It's true, that some, and again, SOME Moslem danced during the 9/11. It's true some of them are happy. But look how many that aren't! Hundreds compared to millions is nothing! In my country, we condemn it. We hold an annual rememberance of the 9/11 and at that day, we remember how hate is mankind's greatest enemy. I don't like the radicals either, as I've told you before, but the hate towards Moslem (which might leads to mistreatment), will only rise more insurgents and radicals, thus they'll kill any random one of you, in the name of infidels. It's a blind hate.

Thank you, it's true how we Moslems are always generalized and insulted. I think it's okay if you stand up for your religion, non? You will all do the same thing, right? And I try to do it peacefully, I even told you how I admire the freedom of expression and speech. But please, look at the fact! Just like some Moslems cricitize Wikipedia, did Wikipedia shut down? No. So why it's still a big news? Because it's the Moslem that protested it? Now it's just plain ridiculous.

I just don't get it how can you stereotype people, just like how you stereotype that all Asians are Chinese and eating with chopsticks, all Middle Eastern is Arabs and everyone that wears turban is a Moslem!

I just wants us to live in peace, is that something too much to ask?

Quote please... I can't find anything prejudice or insulting!

Didn't you see muslims dancing in the street after 9/11, every muslim interviewed said it was the Americans own fault, did you not see muslims interview after 7/11 saying it was are fault for supporting America, i remember going to the shops the next day, people where openly talking about muslims, for the first time ever (in my experience) at the time the terrorist had majority support by muslims in the UK, they've tried to back peddle in recent years but i think it's to little and to late.

Let's play some Koran linking games then, stop feeding us lies about how peaceful you are.

Your religion is sick, dude.

You'll have better luck in using the hatred of the koran against christians, jews and really kuffurs (infidels) in general then trying to pick and choose islamic countries to point out. The koran is filled with hateful and sickening things against us infidels.

Don't hate me, I'm just giving you what you ask.

Wow, look at this thread, I just left it for about 6 hours to sleep but look at all the insult and hate-expressing posts towards Moslem (which some of you claimed it as a fact...)

I'm glad you noticed my posts and I am speaking about real facts.

Since I'm bored at the moment...

"Verily, the vilest of all creatures in the sight of God are those deaf, those dumb ones who do not use their reason." Surah 8:22

I don't consider myself vile, deaf nor dumb. Yet, that's what islam calls me and other infidels for not believing in their mythology.

Surah 4:34 Men shall take full care of women with the bounties which God has bestowed more abundantly on the former than on the latter, and with what they may spend out of their possessions. And the righteous women are the truely devout ones, who guard the intimacy which God has guarded. And as for those women whose ill-will you have reason to fear, admonish them; then leave them alone in bed; then beat them; and if thereupon they pay you heed, do not seek to harm them. Behold, God is indeed most high, great!

This one just ticks me off royally. I find it very unacceptable to lay your hands on a woman, let alone be allowed to beat the hell out of the one you supposely love. It's sickening and it's based in ignorance. <_<

Just a small amount of the facts I'm speaking of.

Find more here: ex-Muslims Denouce Islam

Kratos, I just hope you understand that just like in EVERY OTHER RELEGION not all written words in teh holy books are followed..

People have personal relationships with their "GOd", they go to organized relegion to seek a deeper understanding, and to educate themselves, but for most books (no matter what others might say) are only guidelines. People dont take them literally, its only that you assume all muslims are koran-thumping-freaks with no free will.

Kratos, I just hope you understand that just like in EVERY OTHER RELEGION not all written words in teh holy books are followed..

People have personal relationships with their "GOd", they go to organized relegion to seek a deeper understanding, and to educate themselves, but for most books (no matter what others might say) are only guidelines. People dont take them literally, its only that you assume all muslims are koran-thumping-freaks with no free will.

That's what makes Islam different. Their holy book of the koran is believed to be entirely the recited words of their god, allah... Which makes it completely true and timeless in it's meaning. Koran actually means 'recite'. So the entire book has to be true according to islam.

I can admit that there is good in the faith and that human nature by their encoded morality through genetics can make them good people, it's their choice to follow the religion and the religion as a whole cannot be considered good to me where it also allows wife beating, killing infidels and calling all infidels vile creatures.

Honestly, on some level I can relate to their following the koran... As being an ex-believer of christianity, it's a great feeling to have a god there and to live that way and it good having the feeling that god knows what's best and all comes down to a great plan in the end. Through struggle, pain, suffering and heartache you always know you've got enough to deal with. I just can't agree with their reasoning and what they believe in.

It should be noted I don't think every muslim is going to murder me... I know very well that jihad means a great number of things from personal struggle to chopping off my head. I see a muslim at the store or on the street I don't dive into the bushes... I normally say hi if I'm alone on the sidewalk or treat them like any other joe on the street despite the turban or burka his wife is wearing. I also know that it's not going to go away just because I point out the awful parts of the koran... I wish I had the power to change the minds of 1 billion plus people, but frankly I don't. :P

Anyone remember this??

A video was created in response to the HUGE "cartoon controversy" of Muhammad in some Danish Paper back in Dec 2005..

It still cracks me up to this day.. especially after reading the news article posted on this thread and then checking out what Wiki has ( I don't see anything bad! maybe it was deleted ?)

Anyway, This ol' tune came to mind! **warning, a few curse words heard in this**

http://www.zipperfish.com/toons/yaafm/yaafm-12-muslims/

Yikes, I'll probably get my head chopped off for posting about this.. (and why I would never embed this on any of my web sites either!) LOL

*sigh*.. MAN has screwed up religious beliefs and what God is really all about for so many years.. it's no wonder so many of us are throwing in the towel.

Whether it's Osama's "ALLAH" or Bushs' "God" , THEY CAN HAVE IT - NOT ME .. and for that matter they can shove it!

I am just sick of our world fighting each other over this... - if there truly is a GOD, I am positive, this is NOT what GOD, or ALLAH is all about.

Edited by Cinders

"In Islam it is not permitted to show or produce pictures of the holy prophet.

One reason is that there were no pictorial images of him during his life so no one can make a true representations of him.

But it was also a request made by the prophet so Muslims would follow the words of Allah rather than idolise images of him."

Posted by: Ian the Beancounter, Darwen on 3:32pm Fri 15 Feb 08

As an atheist, I have no views on this from a religious standpoint, but as a human, I believe that people have the right to have their own religious beliefs respected and nobody has the right to belittle those views. If this is so important to Muslims, then so be it - why should non-Muslims want a picture anyway??

Yet they keep forgetting something very simple: it's Muslims that cannot depict Muhammad as a drawing or icon. Muslims.

Yet they keep forgetting something very simple: it's Muslims that cannot depict Muhammad as a drawing or icon. Muslims.

Why do non-muslims need a picture of Mohammed?

hmmmm...

Historical purposes? why do non-Christians need a picture of Jesus?

Do they?

I think the point here is that MUSLIMs are OFFENDED.

Just as 'the popular opinion' is offended over the Holocaust Cartoon Contest.

What's the difference?...'popular opinion'

I can conclude that all you Moslem-haters are no different than the Radical Moslems.

You are all Xenophobic. I don't care anymore. I will still befriend anyone, regardless of what race, belief or nation they are...even if they're radical Moslems or Moslem-haters or anyhting! Heck, I even have a Jewish host father!

Edited by capoeiranger

I can conclude that all you Moslem-haters are no different than the Radical Moslems.

You are all Xenophobic. I don't care anymore. I will still befriend anyone, regardless of what race, belief or nation they are...even if they're radical Moslems or Moslem-haters or anyhting! Heck, I even have a Jewish host father!

:tu:

He's an Arab, not a Dutch. He doesn't wear klompen (clogs).

linked-image

yeah, I don't think they're suppose to be Dutch clogs...

Thought for the day from Roy Chubby Brown :- ''i'm not saying that all muslims are terrorists, but it's funny how all terrorists are muslim!!!''

The early muslims had depictions of Mohammed:

So why are they now saying it is against their beliefs!!!!

they are just trying to find another excuse to be violent. I say, send them all back to Islamic countries and find out where the true violence is engendered

people like you are the problem in this world. i know plenty of muslims and it is absolutley ridiculous to generalize them like that.

as for the topic of this post, it's all a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. if wikipedia, and it seems most of you ignorant people, want to paint yourselves as narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, keep it to yourselves.

That's true; it's all about respect.

Thank you

linked-image