Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslims outraged over Mohammed on Wiki

AngelXVI

people like you are the problem in this world.

No he isn't...It's people like the morons that are protesting free speech in a free society (which supposed 'modern' islam has a problem grasping the concept of) that are the problem. If they have such a rich and noble heritage within islam (treating women as cattle, chopping heads off for morality crimes, etc, etc, etc..) let them take all that Allah bestowed wonderment and build up islamic societies the way they see fit. But they can't because most all islamic societies are backwards and regressive. If it were not for oil, the entire middle-east would be nothing more than a sand pit occupied by a few nomadic goat herders-to this very day..

Without the west's help (engineering, technology and sciences) there would be nothing at all coming from 'pure' islamic communities. Not art, not medicine, not engineering...nothing...

It wasn't always like that...that is..it wasn't like that before islam threw it all back to the 800's. (And kept it there too)

i know plenty of muslims and it is absolutley ridiculous to generalize them like that.

Then where are they and why are they not protesting the protesters?? Is freedom of speech just not important to them? As long as it is their speech, yes of course it is important. Or is it that the western concept of freedom of thought and the exchange of ideas so very dangerous that every idea and thought has to be run through an islamic litmus test to determine heresy to their backwards superstitions? Even though muslims are referring to a God that they (or anyone for that matter) can't even prove the existence of (I'm a Deist so spare me the Christian parallels).

Are there any muslims that even believe in freedom of speech and opposing ideas?? Of course there are (or so they say)..They just don't exercise that very same freedom of speech and thought..Or at least they do when it comes to other religions-remember the Palestinian Micky Mouse rip-off that called we infidels 'pigs' (installing the hatred circuit on muslim 4 year olds) on islamic run TV?? I sure do.

Not a peep of moderate muslim outrage (I recall no protests in the streets of Cairo or Riyadh or anywhere else for that matter). Another instance of moderate islam 'winking' at the radical and intolerant aspects of islam. Instead of confrontation and condemnation.

as for the topic of this post, it's all a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. if wikipedia, and it seems most of you ignorant people, want to paint yourselves as narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, keep it to yourselves.

So if printing a picture of mohammed makes us so narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, what does that make the Saudis; who burn Bibles (and other religion/belief texts) that are being brought into their primitive lands??

(Super narrow minded, misogynist, prejudiced, paranoid, xenophobic jerks perhaps??)

Edited by Pinky Floyd

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• capoeiranger

• __Kratos__

• questionmark

• AngelXVI

Right on Pink Floyd.

Rght. On.

people like you are the problem in this world. i know plenty of muslims and it is absolutley ridiculous to generalize them like that.

as for the topic of this post, it's all a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. if Wikipedia, and it seems most of you ignorant people, want to paint yourselves as narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, keep it to yourselves.

Yeah...No, I am going to have disagree with ya on that point. The point of this topic is discussing irrationality. There is nothing narrow minded about having ones very own beliefs -- including those of our sacred right of freedom of speech. Did you know that in the USA it is legal to desecrate flags as a political statement? Are you there protesting that act because it might offend someone?

Funny how people seem to forget things like this when the feel they are being persecuted in way shape or form. Wikipedia has every right to place images of Muhammad in an article about Muhammad if it so pleases the editors.

Stereotyping is bad. Perpetuating stereotypes is even worse. You and your Muslim buddies can help correct that.

Speaking of narrow mindedness, We should probably warn you that all religious people are inherently narrow minded. Just so's ya know ^_^

• 2 years later...

<!--quoteo(post=2153591:date=Feb 15 2008, 11:17 PM:name=__Kratos__)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (__Kratos__ @ Feb 15 2008, 11:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2153591"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They're pressing their islamic teachings onto the free world... Wiki is about freedom of information... Not pandering to some religious people just so they'll feel warm and fuzzy in the morning.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And that is why ALL have to make a stand against the radicals of ALL religions, all some are doing with some of these threads is to deepen the divisions playing into their hands.

Some of us do make a loud and obvious stand against ALL religious radicals. Unfortunately the European Union (the new EUSSR?) has enshrined their right to hate (and divide with religious schools) in law, while introducing a whole raft of other laws to silence those of us who view all this with great misgiving. I'm not aware of any EU laws giving specific protection to those of us who oppose the increasing intrusion of organised religions into our everyday lives but I'm sure other readers will let me know if there are. Its all being masked behind 'culture' and 'ethnicity' to present a veneer of respectability - and you really don't want the equality attack dogs being set on you for being a 'racist'. The point I'm trying to make is that its easy to make a stand behind a keyboard but quite another thing when you step into the real world and meet these fu***rs face to face.

Even if one does stick a head above the parapet and speak out against anything catholic or muslim you get threats, property vandalised, and you most probably will lose your job if you work for a public service. I have experienced the 'love' of islam because I opposed a mosque being built in my area. I spoke out in Ireland about a local catholic priest who had been abusing local children and came very close to getting a beating for that too. I've been verbally abused for wearing a T-shirt with an atheist slogan. And its not just me - its my family who have been affected. And a final observation here. Just my own observation based upon experience.....the majority of the bile and hatred comes from women who sit in the background egging their men-folk on to 'sort him out!'. The men can often be reasoned with, but the women are quite another story entirely.

Anyone who disagrees with me here only has to go on any web forum where Richard Dawkins is being discussed to read the death threats being posted FOR JUST AIRING HIS OPINION! Then there are the cartoonists (to stay on topic) who have suffered at the hands of these radical nutters because they dared treat islam with the same satire they do any other political or religious group.

The truth here is that religion does divide. And radical versions of religion divide deeply and totally. I served with the British Army in Northern Ireland and realised that it was all about gangs, power and money, and less to do with Christian love or understanding or 'a cause'. It is also a fact that bringing in ever more oppressive left-wing super-state laws to shut us up will just delay the inevitable. There is no place for these radical cultures or religions in modern society and I dream of living in a world where educated people are free to debate openly and discuss 'sensitive' subjects in public without the need of legal advice and security.

There is a whole other subject here about how far-left activists are deliberately undermining (look up Common Purpose) our culture and freedoms using the tools of 'multicultural harmony', unrestricted immigration, suppression of independant thought, subversion of the media, control of the money flow, and educational dumbing down, in order to achieve their ideological objectives but that is for another forum and topic. I mention it in passing here because these misguided leftists remind me of those hateful women egging on the idiots...

Too many idiots out there telling the rest of us how to live our lives! The only thing that more laws create is more criminals. Satire has a firm place in our society and should never be subject to any form of censorship. I have to ask these radicals that if they don't like how we do things here - why on earth don't you just leave and give us some peace and quiet???

The good news is that I am far, far from being alone in my views and there is an army of people from every age group and every walk of life out there becoming increasingly active in their opposition to these political and religious extremists. I await the aftermath of the UK general election...

<!--quoteo(post=2157390:date=Feb 18 2008, 11:32 AM:name=meowza)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meowza @ Feb 18 2008, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2157390"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->people like you are the problem in this world.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No he isn't...It's people like the morons that are protesting free speech in a free society (which supposed 'modern' islam has a problem grasping the concept of) that are the problem. If they have such a rich and noble heritage within islam (treating women as cattle, chopping heads off for morality crimes, etc, etc, etc..) let them take all that Allah bestowed wonderment and build up islamic societies the way they see fit. But they can't because most all islamic societies are backwards and regressive. If it were not for oil, the entire middle-east would be nothing more than a sand pit occupied by a few nomadic goat herders<i>-to this very day..</i>

Without the west's help (engineering, technology and sciences) there would be nothing at all coming from 'pure' islamic communities. Not art, not medicine, not engineering...<i><b>nothing</b></i>...

It wasn't always like that...that is..it wasn't like that before islam threw it all back to the 800's. (And kept it there too)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i know plenty of muslims and it is absolutley ridiculous to generalize them like that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then where are they and why are they not protesting the protesters?? Is freedom of speech just not important to them? As long as it is <i><b>their</b></i> speech, yes of course it is important. Or is it that the western concept of freedom of thought and the exchange of ideas so very dangerous that <i>every idea and thought </i>has to be run through an islamic litmus test to determine heresy to their backwards superstitions? Even though muslims are referring to a God that they (or anyone for that matter) can't even prove the existence of (I'm a Deist so spare me the Christian parallels).

Are there any muslims that even believe in freedom of speech and opposing ideas?? Of course there are (or so they say)..They just don't exercise that very same freedom of speech and thought..Or at least they do when it comes to other religions-remember the Palestinian Micky Mouse rip-off that called we infidels 'pigs' (installing the hatred circuit on muslim 4 year olds) on islamic run TV?? I sure do.

Not a peep of moderate muslim outrage (I recall no protests in the streets of Cairo or Riyadh or anywhere else for that matter). Another instance of moderate islam 'winking' at the radical and intolerant aspects of islam. Instead of confrontation and condemnation.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->as for the topic of this post, it's all a matter of respect for other people's beliefs. if wikipedia, and it seems most of you ignorant people, want to paint yourselves as narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, keep it to yourselves.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So if printing a picture of mohammed makes us so narrow-minded prejudiced jerks, what does that make the Saudis; who burn Bibles (and other religion/belief texts) that are being brought into their primitive lands??

<i><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Garamond--><span style="font-family:Garamond"><!--/fonto-->

<b><u>(Super</u></b> narrow minded, misogynist, prejudiced, paranoid, xenophobic jerks perhaps??)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

Excellent post!